Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 464803 times
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #1518: May 13, 2014 03:10:40 pm
      Yep looks fake to me just realized ;D
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #1519: May 15, 2014 10:14:51 pm
      What about the head of FFP investigations dying suddenly in a France. He was suffering cancer but he died from a fall! Apparently this will delay the Man City ruling. Do you think they had him knocked?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1520: May 16, 2014 08:23:59 pm
      Manchester City fined and squad capped for FFP breach

Manchester City have been fined £49m, £32m of which is suspended, and can only name a 21-man Champions League squad next season after failing Uefa financial fair play rules.

Another sanction means City can only spend £49m on players this summer, as well as any transfer fees they receive.
      And their wage bill for 2014-15 must stay the same as this season.

Paris St-Germain, one of eight other teams to breach the rules, have been handed a similar fine and cap as City.

Clubs who breached the rules had to reach a deal with Uefa, which City have done, or else take it to an adjudicatory panel in June.

The other clubs guilty of breaking the rules were Russian sides Zenit St Petersburg, Rubin Kazan and Anzhi Makhachkala, Turkish clubs Galatasaray, Bursaspor and Trabzonspor and Bulgarian club Levski Sofia.
      More to follow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27445475

LFCexiled
      Reply #1521: May 16, 2014 08:27:56 pm
      Manchester City fined and squad capped for FFP breach

Manchester City have been fined £49m, £32m of which is suspended, and can only name a 21-man Champions League squad next season after failing Uefa financial fair play rules.

Another sanction means City can only spend £49m on players this summer, as well as any transfer fees they receive.
      And their wage bill for 2014-15 must stay the same as this season.

Paris St-Germain, one of eight other teams to breach the rules, have been handed a similar fine and cap as City.

Clubs who breached the rules had to reach a deal with Uefa, which City have done, or else take it to an adjudicatory panel in June.

The other clubs guilty of breaking the rules were Russian sides Zenit St Petersburg, Rubin Kazan and Anzhi Makhachkala, Turkish clubs Galatasaray, Bursaspor and Trabzonspor and Bulgarian club Levski Sofia.
      More to follow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27445475

Why is £32m suspended? Till they do something else?

£49m on players as well, that'll be one player then. Oops.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1522: May 16, 2014 08:33:29 pm
      Here's Sky Sports take on the situation:

UEFA fine Manchester City 60m euros and restrict CL squad

UEFA has fined Manchester City 60m euros and restricted their Champions League squad to 21 for next season following the breach of Financial Fair Play rules.

The club owned by Sheikh Mansour snatched the Premier League title last weekend but will have to curb their spending in the transfer market and freeze their wage structure in order to escape further punishment.

Should City successfully fulfil the operational and financial measures agreed with the UEFA Club Financial Control Body, they will be able to reclaim 40m euros of the fine and have the squad restriction lifted in time for the 2014/2015 Champions League.

A club statement read: "Manchester City Football Club can confirm that at the end of the current financial year (May 31st) it is on course to financially break even, as planned.

"Operating with no debt, the club is realising its football and commercial opportunities whilst continuing unprecedented investments in both youth development and the local community

"From the outset, the club has engaged with UEFA in its introduction of the Financial Fair Play Regulations in good faith and without prejudice and in a transparent and collaborative manner.

"The club's position is that it is beholden upon UEFA and the European football establishment to ensure the same.

"The club can confirm that it has been in discussions with UEFA over the last month - in relation to the application of Financial Fair Play regulations - as has been widely reported and communicated by UEFA.

"At the heart of those discussions is a fundamental disagreement between the club's and UEFA's respective interpretations of the FFP regulations on players purchased before 2010.

"The club believes it has complied with the FFP regulations on this and all other matters. The club's expenditure on new players for the upcoming summer transfer window, on top of income from players it might sell, will be limited to 60m euros."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9314389/uefa-fine-manchester-city-60m-euros-and-restrict-champions-league-squad

So they've been given a fine and had their squad restricted but if they break even come the end of May then they get to reclaim 40m euros and have the squad restriction lifted ??? So basically they're only going to get fined 20m euros. Where's the punishment in that? They either have their squad restricted or they don't, I thought the punishment was for breaking the rules in the first place not if they don't break even by the end of the month ffs!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1523: May 16, 2014 08:42:09 pm
      So they've been given a fine and had their squad restricted but if they break even come the end of May then they get to reclaim 40m euros and have the squad restriction lifted ??? So basically they're only going to get fined 20m euros. Where's the punishment in that? They either have their squad restricted or they don't, I thought the punishment was for breaking the rules in the first place not if they don't break even by the end of the month ffs!

I don't think this'll be the end of it mate. Having said that it wouldn't surprise me if some of the 'panel' have a new flat in Dubai to holiday in.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1524: May 16, 2014 08:44:20 pm
      I don't think this'll be the end of it mate. Having said that it wouldn't surprise me if some of the 'panel' have a new flat in Dubai to holiday in.

If City get away with it then you won't see clubs following FFP again. What's a 20m euros fine to teams who can get that back in dodgy sponsorship deals!?
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #1525: May 16, 2014 10:20:43 pm
      This is significant for two reasons: technically with their sponsorship deals they passed FFP. However, as their image rights were sold to the city group (at a value deemed to be greater than market value), this sponsorship was deemed invalid for FFP. This creates precedent for scummy sponsorship deals being considered on shaky ground (and even moreso the PSG case), thus this will likely result in less of these types of deals occurring in the future, or at the very least, the deals being close to market value.
      Secondly, this 20 mil fine acts as a loss against FFP for next year - not only do they not have that money to spend this year, they must not spend much more in fear of being in violation for next year and receiving the full penalty + further punishment. Additionally the requirement is they must break even this year to not be considered in violation of FFP - this actually places a fairly tight financial constraint on them.

And lastly, but least significantly; 20 mil isn't actually nothing to them. If money truly meant nothing to them, they'd have Messi (or insert any super valuable player - everyone has a price) by now. Its not a huge amount for them, probably would be the equivalent of LFC getting fined 3-4 mil, but to suggest it won't hurt at all is wrong.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1526: May 16, 2014 11:15:01 pm
      If City get away with it then you won't see clubs following FFP again.

Oh we will still be seeing FFP but they will continue to only punish the smaller clubs. Malaga got a ban from European Football as a result of their money situation, think we all know that they wouldn't have made any where near as much of a loss as City either.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1527: May 16, 2014 11:22:13 pm
      If City get away with it then you won't see clubs following FFP again. What's a 20m euros fine to teams who can get that back in dodgy sponsorship deals!?

That's the point mate, if they look weak now then they're fu**ed. We all seen it coming, arab/russian owners coincidentally getting MASSIVE sponsorship deals with associated companies, even referees are sponsored by etihad for fucks sake. FFP, FFS.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1528: May 16, 2014 11:30:44 pm
      This is significant for two reasons: technically with their sponsorship deals they passed FFP. However, as their image rights were sold to the city group (at a value deemed to be greater than market value), this sponsorship was deemed invalid for FFP. This creates precedent for scummy sponsorship deals being considered on shaky ground (and even moreso the PSG case), thus this will likely result in less of these types of deals occurring in the future, or at the very least, the deals being close to market value.
      Secondly, this 20 mil fine acts as a loss against FFP for next year - not only do they not have that money to spend this year, they must not spend much more in fear of being in violation for next year and receiving the full penalty + further punishment. Additionally the requirement is they must break even this year to not be considered in violation of FFP - this actually places a fairly tight financial constraint on them.

And lastly, but least significantly; 20 mil isn't actually nothing to them. If money truly meant nothing to them, they'd have Messi (or insert any super valuable player - everyone has a price) by now. Its not a huge amount for them, probably would be the equivalent of LFC getting fined 3-4 mil, but to suggest it won't hurt at all is wrong.

So basically what you're saying is that this is just the beginning? A warning shot across the bows so to speak?

I hope you're right mate, the sceptic in me as regards anything to do with modern football and its financial capability makes me baulk and makes anyone in the higher echelons a suspect for bribery. I think the majority of football fans know/think that blatter's making a fortune in back handers and his associated posse are guilty by default.

You only have to have had a modicum of involvement in local politics to understand the game that those at the top of the tree eat the apples and those at the bottom will gladly gorge on the resulting sh*t ridden pips.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #1529: May 17, 2014 12:26:06 am
      So basically what you're saying is that this is just the beginning? A warning shot across the bows so to speak?

Partially. I am also saying that this is significant in and of itself. This is not a slap on the wrist. 21 players with 8 home grown is going to be hard for City, as will remaining financially compliant next year.
      They also could have, if they wanted, accepted City's posted earnings which would have had them passed FFP. They called them out on bogus IP sponsorship. This clearly shows that they are willing to take actions and are not willing to be viewed as an inert, powerless body.

Though, indeed, it is highly likely that the whole thing is corrupt, but not necessarily in the direction you are thinking. Being able to Levy multi-million pound fines at will, and indeed being to make a credible threat of doing so is a lucrative business, and the oil barons bleed money.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1530: May 20, 2014 12:01:57 pm

Kolo forgets their kid's birthday!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1531: May 22, 2014 12:07:41 pm
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #1532: May 22, 2014 11:32:00 pm
      http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/477110/We-re-innocent-Manchester-City-on-the-attack-over-FFP-penalties

The Sheiks are claiming innocence and to be honest you can see their point.
      Man City: zero debt zero money taken out of football to service debt. Owners stable and wiling to put money in. Guilty under FFP.
      Manc u £350m in debt. Millions taken out of the game each year to service those debts. Dodgy owners putting jack of their own money in.
      Innocent under FFP.
      Strikes me as a self preservation issue by the elite.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1533: May 23, 2014 12:28:11 pm

Come see the hypocrisy inherent in the system.
      Help, help, we're being oppressed.

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #1534: May 26, 2014 07:10:19 pm
      They are scumbags of the highest order. Have a read on bluemoon forum. Absolute scumbags! I suppose it is a mancurian thing, so it is in their DNA to conduct themselves in this manner.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1535: May 26, 2014 09:03:00 pm
      Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, The owner of Manchester City goes into the changing room to show Yaya Toure some love.

"I'm very sorry, Yaya," he says. "It was disrepectful to forget your birthday. I've done my research, and I now know everything about you. Ask me anything..."

"OK," shouts Yaya, from the other side of the room. "Why are you talking to Micah Richards?"

brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #1536: May 27, 2014 08:08:18 pm
      The sad b***ard is at it again"it would be a honour to play for PSG".!!!!
      I bet it would be for whatever they are willing to pay you .
      Honestly how much money does one person need ??????
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1537: May 27, 2014 08:46:00 pm
      The sad b***ard is at it again"it would be a honour to play for PSG".!!!!
      I bet it would be for whatever they are willing to pay you .
      Honestly how much money does one person need ??????

Why should it matter to us? And what kind of a question is that...how much money does one person need?

I've been to countries where people live in extreme poverty and come home to the states only to marvel at how the "poor" people here are basically rich.

I'd be willing to bet there are millions if not billions of people that would thankfully trade incomes with you and they would likely count themselves as rich. So it begs the question...if we are going to judge Toure for what he makes, shouldn't we judge ourselves? Because really...we are all posting on a mobile device or a computer or tablet or some electronic device that we don't "need".
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #1538: May 27, 2014 11:02:02 pm
      WTF are you banging on about????? I am merely pointing out that a already vastly wealthy footballer is again who're ring himself out for another huge wage packet because poor didims didn't get his birthday cake/card/party.

Why you feel the need to go off on a evangelistic tirade about third world countries and the like I will leave to your sainted body and being.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1539: May 27, 2014 11:54:59 pm
      WTF are you banging on about????? I am merely pointing out that a already vastly wealthy footballer is again who're ring himself out for another huge wage packet because poor didims didn't get his birthday cake/card/party.
      Why you feel the need to go off on a evangelistic tirade about third world countries and the like I will leave to your sainted body and being.

Get a grip.....nothing evangelical about what I said, only making the point that it's stupid to disparage someone because they are wealthy. Wealth is subjective.

Now, you want to fault him for spitting out his dummy over his perceived birthday slight, I'm with you on that, but the issue has nothing to do with whether he has "enough" money or not.

If you are looking for loyalty in football I think you are going to be mostly disappointed.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #1540: May 28, 2014 05:11:07 am

Wealth is a disease and the greed is good motto is not ethical, sustainable or even logical. The system is now set up by super rich who exist on tax breaks, meant to create jobs but invested instead to concentrate wealth in their hands. Our taxes by the way. They control government, both sides, so not a democracy but an oligarchy runs your country and mine. The idea YaYa Toure is entitled to what he gets is false, it is method by which the rich can keep us peasants amused while Rome burns. It also perpetuates the 'Lotto' mentality of with a bit of luck it could be me. That's all we have left. YaYa Toure, Steven Gerrard are all of them are greedy make no mistake. However it is a sickness and should be thought of as such.

Quick Reply