Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 462878 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #1679: Aug 20, 2015 11:41:11 am
      I'd rather have Sterling than Ibe by a country mile.

Anyway they've signed Otamendi. Brilliant pick up for them.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1680: Aug 20, 2015 11:49:04 am
      Sterling, Ottamendi and probably De Bruyne WTF has happened to FFP?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1681: Aug 20, 2015 12:14:13 pm
      I think Otamendi is a quality defender but it is really bizarre to see someone supposedly paying £32M for a player that just last year was sent out on loan by Valencia to Atletico Mineiro in Brazil.

1 year later and he's one of the world's most expensive defenders at the age of 27? There's something really weird about that
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1682: Aug 20, 2015 12:17:17 pm
      At least ibe's got the balls to try, it may fail and he will learn to look around, he's a better player  honestly, different ages, Sterling's nearly an old man now.

Both Ibe and Sterling were born on the 8th of December - one in 1994 (Sterling) and the other in 1995 (Ibe). Precisely 1 year difference.

Sterling one year ago was a much better player than Ibe is today.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ibe, but Sterling is much better, people are just bitter about him and disappointed with his off the pitch attitudes.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1683: Aug 20, 2015 12:29:33 pm
      It's been scrapped I think
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1684: Aug 20, 2015 12:52:48 pm
      I'm not being bitter, I just never liked him... his personality in the first place.
      I will revel in his failings for treating us the way he did, my actual analysis of both players isn't based on them strong feelings.

At least ibe's got the balls to try, it may fail and he will learn to look around, he's a better player  honestly, different ages, Sterling's nearly an old man now.

Ibe isn't better than Sterling. I'm all for giving Ibe support as he's a Liverpool player and I expect big things from him in the future but that doesn't mean you have to be delusional.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1685: Aug 20, 2015 01:04:32 pm
      Both Ibe and Sterling were born on the 8th of December - one in 1994 (Sterling) and the other in 1995 (Ibe). Precisely 1 year difference.

Sterling one year ago was a much better player than Ibe is today.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ibe, but Sterling is much better, people are just bitter about him and disappointed with his off the pitch attitudes.

In what way was Sterling better 1 year ago, was it his prolific goal scoring or pinpoint crosses that particularly impressed you? I think Sterling is massively overhyped and that Ibe will end up a far better player. He's started poorly this season but there is one hell of a player in there, remember how good he was when he first returned to us from his loan spell, he'll only get better whereas Sterling is all about his pace, once that fades he'll be a very avergae footballer.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #1686: Aug 20, 2015 01:11:00 pm
      Best team in the league getting even stronger then.

Astonishing how they spend 30m+ on a centre back last year and just repeated it again the following summer (didn't even sell Mangala as well).
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1687: Aug 20, 2015 01:41:03 pm
      In what way was Sterling better 1 year ago, was it his prolific goal scoring or pinpoint crosses that particularly impressed you?

In pretty much everything really - like being the under 21 which created most chances in all of Europe. Has Ibe even scored for Liverpool? Or assisted a goal at least?

Sterling one year ago was a key player for Liverpool. Ibe today is a youngster that will probably lose his place in the side if he keeps playing the way he did in the first two games. To deny any of that is being really deluded.

Ibe might turn out to be better - I don't think he'll, but that's entirely possible as players mature at different rates. But to deny that a 19 year old Sterling was more impressive and important to us than a 19 year old Ibe is just wishful thinking and pure bitterness.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1688: Aug 20, 2015 01:59:09 pm

And Delph.

They paid in truth 8 mil pounds + Negredo for Otamendi, and have got at least 25 from the sales of Dzeko and Jovetic. Released Milner + TV Money, it doesn't sound as mad with these things taken into consideration.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1689: Aug 20, 2015 02:03:09 pm
      In what way was Sterling better 1 year ago, was it his prolific goal scoring or pinpoint crosses that particularly impressed you? I think Sterling is massively overhyped and that Ibe will end up a far better player. He's started poorly this season but there is one hell of a player in there, remember how good he was when he first returned to us from his loan spell, he'll only get better whereas Sterling is all about his pace, once that fades he'll be a very avergae footballer.

Sterling is a much more complete player than Ibe is now. I think Ibe has the potential to be a better player as he is just as quick but even more skillful on the ball. But Sterling is the more accomplished player right now. I'm not so bitter about Raheem that I have lost sight of reality.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #1690: Aug 20, 2015 02:04:33 pm
      And Delph.

They paid in truth 8 mil pounds + Negredo for Otamendi, and have got at least 25 from the sales of Dzeko and Jovetic. Released Milner + TV Money, it doesn't sound as mad with these things taken into consideration.

Dzeko and Jovetic are only away on loan are they not?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1691: Aug 20, 2015 02:11:46 pm
      Best team in the league getting even stronger then.

Astonishing how they spend 30m+ on a centre back last year and just repeated it again the following summer (didn't even sell Mangala as well).

They spent £40 million on Mangala. Now £32 million on Otamendi.

So basically they spent the same as we have the entire Summer on those two players alone.

FFP my arse.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1692: Aug 20, 2015 02:12:41 pm
      Lets be real when discussing Sterling.
      He was head and shoulders above anything coming through The Academy in the last decade.
      That's why he cost so much.
      Best U21 talent in Europe last season.

Ibe never put goals past teams for fun like Sterling did at youth level.
      His game has been more about power and work rate than Sterling's pace and strike rate.

Let's not kid ourselves that losing Sterling wasn't a blow and that Ibe will immediately replace him.
      He won't, but if he works hard and takes the chance he is given he could be a very good player for us.
      What Ibe won't be is the multi faceted "False 9" "False 10" attacking player that Sterling was/is.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1693: Aug 20, 2015 02:25:29 pm
      He was head and shoulders above anything coming through The Academy in the last decade.

His game has been more about power and work rate than Sterling's pace and strike rate.

Let's not kid ourselves that losing Sterling wasn't a blow and that Ibe will immediately replace him.
      He won't, but if he works hard and takes the chance he is given he could be a very good player for us.
      What Ibe won't be is the multi faceted "False 9" "False 10" attacking player that Sterling was/is.

Nailed it mate.

Both young and exciting and losing Raheem is a blow because he is good and could be very, very good. Ibe hasn't hit that level yet.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1694: Aug 20, 2015 02:26:30 pm
      And Delph.

They've got bugger all from Jovetic or Dzeko as they're both loan deals. They won't see any money for those two until at least next summer. The clubs may not even want to sign them permanently at the end of the loan.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1695: Aug 20, 2015 03:47:48 pm
      And Delph.

Dzeko has not been sold its an option to buy if I am correct, which knowing Italian clubs means they will not buy him.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1696: Aug 20, 2015 03:55:45 pm
      Dzeko and Jovetic are only away on loan are they not?

Dzeko has not been sold its an option to buy if I am correct, which knowing Italian clubs means they will not buy him.

They've got bugger all from Jovetic or Dzeko as they're both loan deals. They won't see any money for those two until at least next summer. The clubs may not even want to sign them permanently at the end of the loan.

I think i've read that Roma and Inter are obliged to buy them, like Valencia was with Negredo.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1697: Aug 20, 2015 04:40:22 pm

Can't be said any better than this.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1698: Aug 20, 2015 06:10:40 pm
      Sterling is just potential. As it stands all he has proven is he has rapid pace.

No strength, can't finish to save his life, can't pass, can't cross, can't win headers, can't defend and he can very rarely actually beat his man either.

He is ahead of Ibe but I don't think there is a big difference between the two and judging on the attitudes and determination of the two players, I would say Ibe is much more likely to go on and fulfil his potential than what Sterling is because Sterling already thinks he's the man and has made it.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1699: Aug 20, 2015 10:40:08 pm
      Sterling is just potential. As it stands all he has proven is he has rapid pace.

No strength, can't finish to save his life, can't pass, can't cross, can't win headers, can't defend and he can very rarely actually beat his man either.

He is ahead of Ibe but I don't think there is a big difference between the two and judging on the attitudes and determination of the two players, I would say Ibe is much more likely to go on and fulfil his potential than what Sterling is because Sterling already thinks he's the man and has made it.

I could show you some goals scored by Sterling when he shows he can really finish and that he can score some fantastic goals.

The way you describe him people will think you're talking about some amateur footballer (or Joe Allen :laugh:)

Sterling is a another threat to keep the opposition busy, and in that way Silva and Aguero can be more lethal.

Get over the bitterness of him leaving us, he's a good player with the potential to be world-class. Sadly we fu**ed up his contract situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fSOdfas8Ew
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1700: Aug 20, 2015 10:59:24 pm
      I could show you some goals scored by Sterling when he shows he can really finish and that he can score some fantastic goals.

Like I could show you some of his absolute sitters he's frequently missing.

Get over the bitterness of him leaving us

I'm not bitter at all, far better and more important players than Raheem Sterling have left this club. Players like Xabi Alonso, Luis Suarez etc who were players that don't come around often. Players like Sterling come along quite a lot, it's players with potential and the majority of them don't fulfill it.

Sadly we fu**ed up his contract situation.

No we didn't, we offered him a massive amount of money that he hadn't even remotely justified being offered in the first place. It was his agent that fu**ed things up.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1701: Aug 20, 2015 11:06:18 pm

The way you describe him people will think you're talking about some amateur footballer (or Joe Allen :laugh:)

Sterling is a another threat to keep the opposition busy, and in that way Silva and Aguero can be more lethal.

Get over the bitterness of him leaving us, he's a good player with the potential to be world-class. Sadly we fu**ed up his contract situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fSOdfas8Ew

You literally have NOTHING good to say about this club. Even the things we couldn't control you blame the club.

Such a sad existence you have on this site.

Quick Reply