The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 464660 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #1725: Feb 01, 2016 08:17:48 pm
      I'm not so sure Pellegrini will be that upset, from what I've heard the City group are looking to buy another Club somewhere in South America and he'll be in line for the Managers job. 

A bit like they've done with Vieira moving him from the Academy to New York City.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1726: Feb 01, 2016 10:00:59 pm
      some of them on Red Café trying to convince themselves Pep isn't that goo a manager. He has won something like 60% of the Competitions he has entered jeez he is almost as good as Sir Bob
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1727: Feb 01, 2016 10:16:56 pm
      some of them on Red Café trying to convince themselves Pep isn't that goo a manager. He has won something like 60% of the Competitions he has entered jeez he is almost as good as Sir Bob

Hmm,  I think he'll find it a bit trickier not managing a team who have all the best players in the league. Weird that they announce it now though.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1728: Feb 01, 2016 10:34:07 pm
      Hmm,  I think he'll find it a bit trickier not managing a team who have all the best players in the league. Weird that they announce it now though.
      Hoping it will get the fans to buy season tickets and fill the stadium , the emptihad

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1729: Feb 01, 2016 11:28:01 pm

mate do you think he will not be buying the best players when he gets here. Don't be surprised to see Messi here next year 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1730: Feb 01, 2016 11:28:45 pm
      Hoping it will get the fans to buy season tickets and fill the stadium , the emptihad

they had batter following when they were crap and could fill Maine Road in Div 1
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1731: Feb 01, 2016 11:32:00 pm
      mate do you think he will not be buying the best players when he gets here. Don't be surprised to see Messi here next year 

£150-200million transfer, well I suppose it could happen, but surely the arabs are feeling the pinch at the moment, I'm not sure their spending power is as huge as it once was. I just think Citeh will be a much tougher challenge than Barca or Bayern.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1732: Feb 01, 2016 11:33:38 pm
      this from a UTD fan

I am yet to be convinced by Pep. I really like his persona and style of management but he is yet to prove himself at a team which isn't one of the best in world football.
       The premier league is also a completely different ball game atm in terms of competition. I honestly don't think he'll settle as well as some believe. It will take time imo before they see anything special from him.

One thing that is certain is that they will be able to attract many big players now having such a well respected manager "

I seem to recall UTD having an opportunity to prove Pep isn't all that wonder how that went they are delusional

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1733: Feb 01, 2016 11:34:52 pm
      £150-200million transfer, well I suppose it could happen, but surely the arabs are feeling the pinch at the moment, I'm not sure their spending power is as huge as it once was. I just think Citeh will be a much tougher challenge than Barca or Bayern.

Aguero saying he is trying to get Messi here and the thing is his shirt sales alone would pay for him.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1734: Feb 01, 2016 11:35:33 pm
      they had batter following when they were crap and could fill Maine Road in Div 1
      Disgraceful behaviour towards the young lads with special needs , they need their wings clipped and i hope we do it in Wembley .

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #1735: Feb 02, 2016 01:15:31 am
      this from a UTD fan

I am yet to be convinced by Pep. I really like his persona and style of management but he is yet to prove himself at a team which isn't one of the best in world football.
       The premier league is also a completely different ball game atm in terms of competition. I honestly don't think he'll settle as well as some believe. It will take time imo before they see anything special from him.

One thing that is certain is that they will be able to attract many big players now having such a well respected manager "

I seem to recall UTD having an opportunity to prove Pep isn't all that wonder how that went they are delusional

I actually agree with what that United fan is saying. Pep and Mourinho are both managers that succeed fairly easily when there's cash involved and little-to-no competition. The League this year very much ramped up the competitive side of things and look what happened to José - he's out.

I honestly don't think Pep will run away with the League like he did with Bayern, or the CL like he did with Barca.

It'll be sink or swim.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1736: Feb 02, 2016 01:15:35 am
      Aguero saying he is trying to get Messi here and the thing is his shirt sales alone would pay for him.

That would be one hell of an amount of shirts. Say he costs £150m and the shirts cost around £65 then they'd have to sell around 2.3m Messi shirts. In 2014 this was the shirt selling situation for Man City (courtesy of the Daily Mail)...

City sold close to 300,000 shirts last season according to the research, but their five-year average is closer to 200,000 per year - not yet enough to bring the club among the biggest sellers.

Those numbers have probably increased since but I can't imagine it's by more than about 50-80k at most.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #1737: Feb 03, 2016 09:24:38 pm
      Anyone else want to make the argument against selling to cash-rich Arabs!!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #1738: Feb 06, 2016 01:33:55 pm
      I see the emptyhad living up to its name .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1739: Feb 06, 2016 01:40:20 pm
      I see the emptyhad living up to its name .

when they were at Maine road and sh*t they could still fill out there stadium.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #1740: Feb 06, 2016 01:59:15 pm
      when they were at Maine road and sh*t they could still fill out there stadium.

Lots of empty seats today a sign of the times , they dont have the global fan base of others and it shows , your average fsn simply cannot afford all these games , there is only so many times you can milk a cow .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #1741: Feb 06, 2016 02:00:26 pm
      And to top it off Stirling has been sh*te again .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1742: Feb 06, 2016 02:02:51 pm
      And to top it off Stirling has been sh*te again .

Mahrez £400k and a bag of chips Sterling £50,000,000. 3-0 F**k off.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1743: Feb 06, 2016 02:04:42 pm
      City defender stood there and let Huth climb all over him.....get him signed now.I hope City are this sh*te when we play them
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #1744: Feb 06, 2016 02:10:37 pm
      Can't believe we got what we did for sterling  :lmao: shame we spunked it all on benteke and co.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1745: Feb 24, 2016 08:30:40 am
      Anyone hoping that their plane from Kiev might just be delayed a few hours so they get back really tired tomorrow ?
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #1746: Feb 24, 2016 11:33:31 pm
      Just watched City dismantle Dynamo Kiev, in Kiev.  1-3.

Bit worrying!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #1747: Feb 24, 2016 11:40:12 pm
      Just watched City dismantle Dynamo Kiev, in Kiev.  1-3.

Bit worrying!

Not really, Kiev were sh*te.

Quick Reply