Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 463836 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #1817: May 09, 2016 05:09:43 pm
      Rib, have I missed something? When did we qualify for the champions league?..
      when we beat sevilla in 9 days.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1818: May 09, 2016 05:27:17 pm

You're getting really ahead of yourself here. Sevilla is going to be such a difficult game.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1819: May 11, 2016 08:43:13 am

Exactly buddy... I thought everybody knew that.  ;D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1820: May 12, 2016 06:26:16 pm
      Man City fans raise money for 12-year-old Arsenal fan assaulted after match

A fundraising campaign to raise money for a 12-year-old Arsenal supporter who was punched in the face by a Manchester City fan has almost reached its target.

Emerson Butler was attacked as he left Etihad Stadium with his father after Sunday's game in Manchester.
      Greater Manchester Police said it was investigating the "unprovoked" assault.

City fans have set up a fundraising page, which has already raised £895 of its £1,000 target, to invite him back for "a proper Manchester City welcome".

Richard Butler said his son had been left badly shaken.

"He's still got a bit of bruising on his nose and he's still got some pain.

"It's not the physical injuries that are causing him the biggest problem now, it's more that he can't get it out of his head - he keeps going over and over it."

Emerson was attacked as he and his father walked back to their car.

A group of middle-aged City fans engaged them in a brief conversation during which Emerson, who was wearing an Arsenal shirt, said he thought the 2-2 draw was a fair result.

One of the men then punched him in the face, bloodying his nose and mouth.

Mr Butler said that while his son is almost 6ft tall, he is unmistakably a child.

"The man had spent time speaking to him before [hitting him]. He had looked right in Emerson's face, he knew he was a child," he said.

"It was just unbelievable - it's not something you expect to happen in 2016 at a football match. It seemed like those days had gone but apparently not. I was in shock."

He said the response from other Manchester City fans had been "amazing" and that he was thankful for the "fantastic" outpouring which has "helped Emerson to see that it is a one-off".

The online campaign page states that fans want to "show Emerson that the majority of Manchester City fans are decent, caring human beings".

The club has also offered him a VIP trip back to the stadium when City play Arsenal next year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-36276250

What is it with this City?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1821: Jun 02, 2016 09:31:37 am
      Signed Gundogen
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1822: Jun 02, 2016 09:47:09 am

Good player but still a risk considering the injury he is coming back from, and won't feature until at least December.

I'm sure the likes of West Brom will be chomping at their teeth to test out that knee cap!

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1823: Jun 02, 2016 03:10:00 pm
      Good player but still a risk considering the injury he is coming back from, and won't feature until at least December.

I'm sure the likes of West Brom will be chomping at their teeth to test out that knee cap!

Not a goal scorer or a player that gets many assists if I am right in saying? Surely will mean either Fernando or Fernandinho will be leaving.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1824: Jun 02, 2016 03:13:48 pm
      Not a goal scorer or a player that gets many assists if I am right in saying? Surely will mean either Fernando or Fernandinho will be leaving.

Wouldn't surprise me if they went with a midfield of Fernandinho and Gundogan. It obviously depends on who he gets rid of and what formation they go with.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1825: Jun 02, 2016 03:46:53 pm
      Tremendous player when fit. "When fit" being the key, though.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #1826: Jun 07, 2016 09:03:22 pm
      Rumour has it that Manchester City close to completing deal for Aubameyang. Auba + Aguero in the same team.  :o
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1827: Jun 07, 2016 09:22:19 pm
      Rumour has it that Manchester City close to completing deal for Aubameyang. Auba + Aguero in the same team.  :o

Fifa wet dreamteam right there. If that happens be interesting how that partnership develops. Think both prefer being the main man.

Good players make it work though so i'd say a good move for City if true.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1828: Jun 07, 2016 09:33:54 pm

Add De Bruyne and an in form Sterling and you're onto something. They need to improve the defence though. Sagna, Kolarov, Clichy and Zabaleta aren't the players they used to be and we all know about their centre back problems.

They're going to throw money at it this summer and I think they'll be the one's to beat next season.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #1829: Jun 07, 2016 09:44:09 pm
      Fifa wet dreamteam right there. If that happens be interesting how that partnership develops. Think both prefer being the main man.

Good players make it work though so i'd say a good move for City if true.

Add De Bruyne and an in form Sterling and you're onto something. They need to improve the defence though. Sagna, Kolarov, Clichy and Zabaleta aren't the players they used to be and we all know about their centre back problems.

They're going to throw money at it this summer and I think they'll be the one's to beat next season.

I agree on those points. If Pep makes this partnership work and if Aguero avoid long term injuries those plus De Bryne and Sterling could be hell of a striking force. Mcarz's point on defense still stands, but I think Pep will be provided with enough money to make them more steely at the back.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1830: Jun 07, 2016 10:33:13 pm

IMO that attack wouldn't work, Auba and Aguero that is. Aguero is very much like Torres from what I have seen of him, he is much better playing as a lone striker.

Other than KDB and Silva I think their midfield needs a complete overhaul. Yaya is starting to struggle and will probably be sold by Pep, Fernando and Fernandinho are very inconsistent, Navas is a fraud and Sterling is very inconsistent. They need to be working on their midfield and seriously overhauling their defence.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1831: Jul 03, 2016 06:44:46 pm
      https://twitter.com/thisisanfield/status/749658306759757824

Brendan kicked him out yet he's good enough for Pep :D Classic Brendan!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1832: Jul 03, 2016 07:28:25 pm

The majority of youth players he nurtured when with us were (and probably still are) comfortable on the ball and composed as he worked on the technical side more, didn't he? I find the new batch of kids under our current youth staff are less technical with a more direct approach.

I remember watching a good few games last couple of seasons in the U21's, and I noticed how direct we were, quick attacks out wide etc. Then, comparing to the youth games under Borrell, we were more confident on the ball, slower paced and creativity more spread out.

I prefer Borrell's approach, as I feel focusing on the technical side gives the youth more of a chance to become better footballers and to succeed at a higher level imo. The proof is in the pudding as a lot of the best young talents are foreigners.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1833: Jul 03, 2016 09:55:16 pm

Borrell managed a grand total of F**k all while he was here though. 0 to show for his work at the club. Not a single stamp on the first team of note so a total utter failure and deservedly rid of.

Sterling you could argue, but I'll give that credit to Rogers actually since he's the one who brought him through the first team at such a young age and developed him from there.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1834: Jul 03, 2016 10:04:54 pm
      Borrell managed a grand total of f**k all while he was here though. 0 to show for his work at the club. Not a single stamp on the first team of note so a total utter failure and deservedly rid of.

Sterling you could argue, but I'll give that credit to Rogers actually since he's the one who brought him through the first team at such a young age and developed him from there.

sorry that's bollocks, how can you say he was a failure? Ultimately his job wa to coach what he had at his disposal, he didn't go out and buy players. Putting his stamp on the first team wasn't his responsibility. Clearly you know more than Barcelona and city and the likes of guardiola etc.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1835: Jul 03, 2016 10:08:41 pm
      sorry that's bollocks, how can you say he was a failure? Ultimately his job wa to coach what he had at his disposal, he didn't go out and buy players. Putting his stamp on the first team wasn't his responsibility.

As Head of Academy coaching, the u-18 team and reserves in his time I think you'd except to see some of his efforts made the first team at least. Tell me one thing he's done and tell me how his job and the first team are not meant to be linked again?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1836: Jul 03, 2016 10:14:12 pm
      As Head of Academy coaching, the u-18 team and reserves in his time I think you'd except to see some of his efforts made the first team at least. Tell me one thing he's done and tell me how his job and the first team are not meant to be linked again?

you clearly don't understand what the role entails, he can coach players all day long but ultimately if they are not deemed good enough by the first tram manager then that's the end of it. You give most of the credit for sterling to Rodgers when a lot of work would have been done by the staff at qpr and at kirkby academies.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1837: Jul 03, 2016 11:28:51 pm
      you clearly don't understand what the role entails, he can coach players all day long but ultimately if they are not deemed good enough by the first tram manager then that's the end of it. You give most of the credit for sterling to Rodgers when a lot of work would have been done by the staff at qpr and at kirkby academies.

Not good enough under Benitez, Roy, Kenny or Rogers. Not good enough according to all other staff. Not good enough when they got a chance in the first team either. Time after time after time we produced crap youth players who are at their best a Championship standard. With Premier League facilities (and one of the better ones at that) along with a plethora of coaches at his disposal he should have been pushing forward more youth players and we should have seen at least some promising talent coming through.

I understand exactly what the role entails. If it doesn't entail producing players good enough for the first team then why the F**k are we funding an academy in the first place! He produced nothing and needed to go. He'll fit in at Man City perfectly as they produce F**k all anyway.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1838: Jul 05, 2016 09:44:30 pm
      Can't help admitting to myself that I'm going to find this City and Pep thing interesting:

https://twitter.com/szteveo/status/750428137046016000
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1839: Jul 05, 2016 10:22:53 pm
      Can't help admitting to myself that I'm going to find this City and Pep thing interesting:

https://twitter.com/szteveo/status/750428137046016000

He has a squad where the vast majority of them are the complete opposite to how he wants his teams to play. City are a strange team, they have no real identity about them; they aren't a possession based team, they aren't a pressing team and more often than not just look to De Bruyne and Aguero. They don't have ball playing defenders and under Pep, IMO Kolorov is the only one going to excel IMO, the rest are far too clumsy and Kompany is made of glass. Their wings are a weak spot too. Solid through the middle with the likes of Silva and KDB but in general he has a lot of work to do, they showed just how bad they are in certain areas plenty of times last season.

But like the Mancs, they think they will suddenly be a force now because of who their manager is.

Quick Reply