Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Formula 1

Read 576405 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #3289: May 29, 2016 03:04:50 pm
      Yes LEWIS! What a fantastic victory! One for the pure racers that! What a call to stay out on full wets then switch to dry tyres! Also badly exposed Rosberg today - what about Hulkenberg stealing 6th place at the end though?! Not good Nico. Got to do more to show you're leading this title by sheer luck because that was a second rate drive while Lewis put in a world class drive against a quicker Red Bull. What a racer Lewis is.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,938 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3290: May 29, 2016 03:11:18 pm
      Yes LEWIS! What a fantastic victory! One for the pure racers that! What a call to stay out on full wets then switch to dry tyres! Also badly exposed Rosberg today - what about Hulkenberg stealing 6th place at the end though?! Not good Nico. Got to do more to show you're leading this title by sheer luck because that was a second rate drive while Lewis put in a world class drive against a quicker Red Bull. What a racer Lewis is.

Couldn't agree more Shanks  ;D master stroke by team Hammy  ;D  I thought for a second he was going to come in too early  :-\ As for Rosberg?  He's not in same league as Hammy on
      Even playing fields.  :)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3291: May 29, 2016 03:14:26 pm
      Couldn't agree more Shanks  ;D master stroke by team Hammy  ;D  I thought for a second he was going to come in too early  :-\ As for Rosberg?  He's not in same league as Hammy on
      Even playing fields.  :)

Suddenly this title fight got a whole lot more interesting. Will be interesting to see how Lewis uses this result as a potential springboard and how Nico reacts to it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3292: May 29, 2016 03:16:05 pm
      Buzzing for Lewis after that win! Same for Perez and Alonso too. Great/good drives by all 3 I think. Ricciardo must be fuming with his team, lost the race through no fault of his own.

Nase and Ericsson need to get a grip of themselves. Nasr was told numerous times to let his team mate pass and then Ericsson was F***ing stupid to go crashing into the side of Nasr.

So happy to see a McLaren finish higher than 9th/10th or even out of the points completely :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,938 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3293: May 29, 2016 03:16:54 pm
      Wow!! Ricciardo hurting giving that speech out. Just as well he never commented on what happened with Hammy when under investigation. Think it would of gone something like!, well I wasn't too bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep   :lmao: must admit I do like Ricciardo though.  :)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,938 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3294: May 29, 2016 03:18:26 pm
      Suddenly this title fight got a whole lot more interesting. Will be interesting to see how Lewis uses this result as a potential springboard and how Nico reacts to it.

Hopefully Nico doesn't what he often does!!! Bottle it when under the cosh from Hammy  :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3295: May 29, 2016 03:21:00 pm
      Buzzing for Lewis after that win! Same for Perez and Alonso too. Great/good drives by all 3 I think. Ricciardo must be fuming with his team, lost the race through no fault of his own.

Nase and Ericsson need to get a grip of themselves. Nasr was told numerous times to let his team mate pass and then Ericsson was f**king stupid to go crashing into the side of Nasr.

Thought that Nasr and Ericsson incident was one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in f1 for a long long time. Like you said they need to grow up. Like the Itchy and Scratchy Show with them today. Amateurs.

Disappointed for Ricciardo. He was without doubt the fastest man all weekend. It was a major F**k up but at the same time, Hamilton's extreme strategy by staying out forced the error from the Red Bull team. Let's remember Ricciardo was about 15 odd second ahead of Hamilton once Mercedes finally had the balls to force Nico to move aside. If Lewis had finished second then he would be able to point to those potentially costly few laps behind Rosberg who was extraordinary in just how off the pace he was.

Delighted for Alonso as well. The master putting in another faultless drive!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3296: May 29, 2016 03:28:38 pm
      Thought that Nasr and Ericsson incident was one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in f1 for a long long time. Like you said they need to grow up. Like the Itchy and Scratchy Show with them today. Amateurs.

Disappointed for Ricciardo. He was without doubt the fastest man all weekend. It was a major F**k up but at the same time, Hamilton's extreme strategy by staying out forced the error from the Red Bull team. Let's remember Ricciardo was about 15 odd second ahead of Hamilton once Mercedes finally had the balls to force Nico to move aside. If Lewis had finished second then he would be able to point to those potentially costly few laps behind Rosberg who was extraordinary in just how off the pace he was.

Delighted for Alonso as well. The master putting in another faultless drive!

I can't believe they did that for the sake of 2nd from last and 3rd from last. I always think that when team mates collide like that that penalties should be handed down because even though it costs their own team, some others could suffer as a result (safety car, punctures etc.)

I genuinely thought Mercedes delaying that call had effectively ruined their chances of finishing 1st. They could have made it 3 or 4 laps earlier and put themselves in a better position, they got lucky. It's annoying because I like Ricciardo but I dislike Red Bull. All they do is moan, cry and bi*ch when something doesn't go their way despite getting their own way for 5 years beforehand.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3297: May 29, 2016 03:36:27 pm
      I can't believe they did that for the sake of 2nd from last and 3rd from last. I always think that when team mates collide like that that penalties should be handed down because even though it costs their own team, some others could suffer as a result (safety car, punctures etc.)

I genuinely thought Mercedes delaying that call had effectively ruined their chances of finishing 1st. They could have made it 3 or 4 laps earlier and put themselves in a better position, they got lucky. It's annoying because I like Ricciardo but I dislike Red Bull. All they do is moan, cry and bi*ch when something doesn't go their way despite getting their own way for 5 years beforehand.

Absolutely agree with you on Red Bull. Ironic because today they announced a two year extension to their partnership with Renault. And it was only last year when they were blaming Renault for every fault and every poor result they posted. Not ONCE did they give credit to Renault for their dominant years under Vettel but all of a sudden when things went tits up last year Renault were getting it from all angles from Horner and co while he tried desperately to tie up a deal with Mercedes for this season, taking no responsibility for themselves for the fact that the 2015 car they produced for Ricciardo and Kvyat was bang average.

Then, immediately after they win in Spain two weeks ago, they shamelessly announce an extension of their deal with Renault! You couldn't make it up! Given their behaviour in recent years I wouldn't be surprised if they came out and blamed Renault for that pit stop error this afternoon.

To be frank - f**k 'em!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,938 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3298: Jun 12, 2016 08:42:19 pm
      Absolute awesome race  :lmao: Love Hammy so much. He's a class act. Nice to see the German Nico bottle it again  :lmao:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3299: Jun 12, 2016 08:58:35 pm
      Absolute awesome race  :lmao: Love Hammy so much. He's a class act. Nice to see the German Nico bottle it again  :lmao:

Agree... Looks as though the mechanics have sorted themselves out at Lewis camp but what a drive from the Brit...

Hope he goes onto winning his 4th WT.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3300: Jun 12, 2016 08:59:25 pm

Drove a perfect race but could have done without the poor start (again!). Thought Sebastian would be right up Hamilton's gearbox in the last 10 laps or so...but he missed the last corner twice and any chance of a showdown was gone. That said, if he had got closer I don't think he would have passed Hamilton. Doing an extra stop for Vettel and Ferrari turned out to be the wrong option but it was a very well managed second stint by Hamilton who kept a consistent pace and sauntered to victory in the end. He was within his rights to defend aggressively from Rosberg and Rosberg paid for it and it seems that the luck that Rosberg had earlier on is evening out with this his third undesirable result in a row. This title battle is on!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3301: Jun 12, 2016 09:05:00 pm
      Agree... Looks as though the mechanics have sorted themselves out at Lewis camp but what a drive from the Brit...

Hope he goes onto winning his 4th WT.

4 world titles would be par for a man of his driving talents. Certainly deserves another one.

p.s - credit to Verstappen for some brilliant and intelligent defensive driving against Rosberg in those last few laps. Eventually resulted in a spin for Nico. I'll be interested to hear his thoughts regarding being put on the grass on the first corner!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3302: Jun 13, 2016 12:37:49 am
      Nico quite contemplative and fair regarding his assessment of the first corner incident with Lewis. 'Pissed off' at first but then realises that it is 'hard racing'.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,938 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3303: Jun 14, 2016 05:27:26 am
      Nico quite contemplative and fair regarding his assessment of the first corner incident with Lewis. 'Pissed off' at first but then realises that it is 'hard racing'.

Nico just won't admit Hammy the better driver  ;D he owned him going round that bend when they touched  :lmao:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3304: Jun 14, 2016 12:47:52 pm
      Nico just won't admit Hammy the better driver  ;D he owned him going round that bend when they touched  :lmao:

Almost went into the wall trying to get 4th from Vestappen.....Rosberg has been rattled & all down to that incident at Barcelona...

I can see Rosberg leaving Merc end of season...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,601 posts | 3841 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3305: Jun 14, 2016 11:48:17 pm
      Almost went into the wall trying to get 4th from Vestappen.....Rosberg has been rattled & all down to that incident at Barcelona...

He should. It's quite spectacular how he's fallen apart and blown that lead in a couple of races.
      Unthinkable given the form he was in. Again when he has to go toe to toe it hasn't happened.
      Pity, because for 7 races he was impressive.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3306: Jun 15, 2016 12:01:43 am

You really think so Shabs? I think he'll stay as it's the best seat on the whole grid and perhaps sees Mercedes as the only team that can give him race wins let alone a possible championship. It's just unlucky that he's seated alongside Lewis! But in an ideal world I'd love to see Alonso jump ship and join Mercedes for one last crack at the title and be reunited with Hamilton in the same team. And I really think both would take the challenge on. That 2007 season was the most dramatic I've ever witnessed but a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then. And in fairness to Lewis and Fernando, neither had a problem with each other. Rather it was Alonso's relationship with Ron Dennis that was pure toxic. 

He should. It's quite spectacular how he's fallen apart and blown that lead in a couple of races.
      Unthinkable given the form he was in. Again when he has to go toe to toe it hasn't happened.

You'd think he'd know better than to try and take Hamilton on the outside of turn 1 in Montreal? It's stark just how much he comes off second best to Lewis in wheel to wheel situations. Not much separate the pair on pace (Rosberg's speed is very underrated!) but in the wheel to wheel/racecraft situations there's only one winner.
      « Last Edit: Jun 15, 2016 12:12:23 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,601 posts | 3841 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3307: Jun 15, 2016 01:24:25 pm
      You'd think he'd know better than to try and take Hamilton on the outside of turn 1 in Montreal? It's stark just how much he comes off second best to Lewis in wheel to wheel situations. Not much separate the pair on pace (Rosberg's speed is very underrated!) but in the wheel to wheel/racecraft situations there's only one winner.

Doing the same thing and expecting different results.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3308: Jun 15, 2016 01:31:07 pm

One point I missed out on the psychological impact Rosberg has suffered is when team orders asked Rosberg to move over & let Lewis through at Monaco a race which Lewis went on to win....

That move alone would have put doubt into Rosberg's mind about his own ability driving in the rain as he was clearly struggling with the Merc....Lewis ain't looked back since...

Lewis pointed out yesterday that there are plenty more twist & turns yet because he has used 4 out 5 engines allowed? or due a grind penalty along the way...

If he can keep it clean & win the next 2 races then Lewis is looking at a 4th title...
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #3309: Jun 19, 2016 02:24:17 pm
      Lewis Hamilton up to 4th after starting in 10th place.
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #3310: Jun 19, 2016 02:24:54 pm
      Lap12 out of 51
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3311: Jun 19, 2016 02:25:46 pm
      Lewis Hamilton up to 4th after starting in 10th place.

I just love how this kid races...I fancy Lewis winning it...

Quick Reply