Trending Topics

Formula 1

Read 574829 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #3473: Oct 02, 2016 11:23:39 am
      Lewis raises valid points, with all the Merc engines on the grid why are his only failing...

gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #3474: Oct 02, 2016 11:46:21 am
      Feel like screaming for Lewis now a multi million dollar question why can't they get an engine to work? 😨😱😠
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3475: Oct 02, 2016 12:09:03 pm
      Lewis raises valid points, with all the Merc engines on the grid why are his only failing...

Wasn't it the same for Rosberg last year?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,138 posts | 4893 
      Reply #3476: Oct 02, 2016 12:17:54 pm
      Feel bad for Lewis.

Delighted for Danny though and that spell where he fought off Max secured him the victory.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3477: Oct 02, 2016 12:20:53 pm
      Wasn't it the same for Rosberg last year?

If so, then questions need to be asked of engineers, as they have swapped garages,so maybe a mechanic,engineer from Rosberg's old garage could be a a problem now for Lewis?..
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3478: Oct 02, 2016 12:32:53 pm
      To be fair, Rosberg did well to get 3rd from that start.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,138 posts | 4893 
      Reply #3479: Oct 02, 2016 12:51:54 pm
      To be fair, Rosberg did well to get 3rd from that start.

He did.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3480: Oct 02, 2016 01:01:08 pm
      If so, then questions need to be asked of engineers, as they have swapped garages,so maybe a mechanic,engineer from Rosberg's old garage could be a a problem now for Lewis?..

Yes, those bloody engineers, trying to squeeze every fraction of horsepower from an engine no bigger than most cars on the road, whilst trying to take into account how a driver might be overreving etc.
      I would suggest that if Hamilton's engines blow up more than Rosberg's then it might be more down to one looking after his engine a bit better than the other rather than some kind of conspiracy bullshit.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3481: Oct 02, 2016 01:18:14 pm
      Yes, those bloody engineers, trying to squeeze every fraction of horsepower from an engine no bigger than most cars on the road, whilst trying to take into account how a driver might be overreving etc.
      I would suggest that if Hamilton's engines blow up more than Rosberg's then it might be more down to one looking after his engine a bit better than the other rather than some kind of conspiracy bullshit.

That's bullshit. F1 isn't a sport where the driver car wax and manicures their machines every second Sunday when there isn't a race on.

Hamilton's been in the f1 game for nearly a decade now and if that was the case that he 'doesn't look after his engines' then it'd be prevalent throughout every season he's raced in. But it has not. I don't think there's a conspiracy to sabotage Lewis's efforts but I do think there's been a knock on effect from the issues they suffered from the very first race. Either way, it's been a poor effort from Mercedes on their part.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,138 posts | 4893 
      Reply #3482: Oct 02, 2016 01:52:56 pm
      Great to see both McLarens in the top 10.

Hopefully making progress for next season.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3483: Oct 02, 2016 09:57:49 pm
      Cracking drives from Alonso and Rosberg to get to 7th and 3rd respectively.
      Entertaining stuff from the Red Bull duo.
      Thought it was going to be an easy run for Hamilton.
      Going through engines like I go through Peanut M&Ms.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,853 posts | 2689 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3484: Oct 03, 2016 09:51:06 am
      Cracking drives from Alonso and Rosberg to get to 7th and 3rd respectively.
      Entertaining stuff from the Red Bull duo.
      Thought it was going to be an easy run for Hamilton.
      Going through engines like I go through Peanut M&Ms.

What do you think of the conspiracy theories  surrounding Hammys engines mate?  Are Hammy lovers (( including me )) being paranoid  ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,138 posts | 4893 
      Reply #3485: Oct 03, 2016 11:19:39 am
      What do you think of the conspiracy theories  surrounding Hammys engines mate?  Are Hammy lovers (( including me )) being paranoid  ;D

I would say you are Keith.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,853 posts | 2689 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3486: Oct 03, 2016 11:33:25 am

Probably right  ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3487: Oct 03, 2016 04:04:07 pm

Yes.

They wouldn't stockpile engines to keep him in the title race to screw him over.
      Red Bull double strategy pushed Mercedes.
      They couldn't dial down the engines as a result.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3488: Oct 03, 2016 10:14:39 pm
      So, if you've ever wondered what I sound like.
      Podcast, which has my predictions at the end for last weekend's race.
      https://soundcloud.com/leo-nulty/motorsportie-episode-1
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3489: Oct 04, 2016 11:54:01 am
      Yes.

They wouldn't stockpile engines to keep him in the title race to screw him over.
      Red Bull double strategy pushed Mercedes.
      They couldn't dial down the engines as a result.

Great move by Verstappen's team to go early and aggressive on their pit stops. It's a shame though because we got to see the Mercedes and Hamilton giving it their all for most the race something we don't see too often in this overly conservative form of racing.

What did you make of McLaren's improvement this weekend?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3490: Oct 04, 2016 12:22:08 pm
      Great move by Verstappen's team to go early and aggressive on their pit stops. It's a shame though because we got to see the Mercedes and Hamilton giving it their all for most the race something we don't see too often in this overly conservative form of racing.

What did you make of McLaren's improvement this weekend?

Great to see Alonso given a platform for a barnstorming race to 7th.
      What an opening lap!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3491: Oct 04, 2016 12:35:02 pm
      I never would have thought I'd see a McLaren go from last to 7th in a race this season and to finish 2 places above his team mate to whom he started 14 places behind. That new engine upgrade must be pretty good.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3492: Oct 05, 2016 12:15:26 am
      I never would have thought I'd see a McLaren go from last to 7th in a race this season and to finish 2 places above his team mate to whom he started 14 places behind. That new engine upgrade must be pretty good.

Alonso's always been a cut above the rest in Malaysia from what I recall. I think he got his first ever pole there in 2003 (along with his first ever podium) and then in 2012 he took a dog of a Ferrari and hauled it to victory in the mixed conditions that day. Maybe his greatest victory and set the tone of an incredible effort from him that year. That he went toe to toe with Vettel in the far superior Red Bull and took it to the last race in Brazil was incredible! His performance on Sunday must be right up there.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3493: Oct 09, 2016 03:52:01 pm
      Good race this morning. Hamilton with another shocker of a start, Rosberg once again faultless. He's driven like a champion these past two weeks. That said I was very impressed with Lewis's comeback after that shocker of a start. Some great pace and overtaking from him and seemed to get a grip of things to get the podium after a truly bizarre weekend from him on and off the track.

Quite what Ferrari are playing at I don't know. How did they leave themselves vulnerable to strategy yet again - can't imagine Vettel's reaction when he saw Lewis streaming out of the pit lane ahead of him? Who the hell is calling this? They had the pace over the weekend to get a podium position but fu**ed up. Appalling strategy and further underlining just how much Ferrari have fu**ed the legacy of Todt, Brawn and Schumacher. Ross Brawn would have probably retired if he made a call like today. 
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3494: Oct 09, 2016 04:10:51 pm
      Rosberg is world champion, kept his cool when Lewis narrowed the deficit and just got on with it....

Lewis will have to wait till next year if he wants to be world champion again..

Nico deserves it, I thought he ever had it in him but proven wrong...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,853 posts | 2689 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3495: Oct 09, 2016 04:40:34 pm
      It's not quite over yet. When pressured Nico does crack. He's driving well but Hammy still has a chance.

Quick Reply