Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Formula 1

Read 575653 times
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #3266: May 15, 2016 01:09:29 pm
       :mad:   :o :o :o
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3267: May 15, 2016 01:09:51 pm
      At least the Safety Car is a Mercedes.
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #3268: May 15, 2016 01:27:32 pm
      Niki Lauda saying too aggressive behavior and hinting Rosberg was most at fault, wait and see.
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #3269: May 15, 2016 02:05:04 pm
      Mercedes saying they're happy to continue with the strategy of no race orders and total racing between Hamilton and Rosberg so that's all for now.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3270: May 15, 2016 02:08:04 pm
      Utterly fascinating strategic battle between the 4 leaders now. Split strategies across all 4.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3271: May 15, 2016 02:33:02 pm
      where could Hamilton go but the grass and then it is out of his control. He could have taken Rosberg out in the first corner but gave him enough space to overtake.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3272: May 15, 2016 02:35:56 pm
      This really is superb.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3273: May 15, 2016 02:38:22 pm

I guess it just shows how far ahead Mercedes are.
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #3274: May 15, 2016 02:38:58 pm
      Come on Max get your first win lad
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #3275: May 15, 2016 02:46:02 pm
      Woohoo great drive Max, your a star at 18.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3276: May 15, 2016 05:45:18 pm
      Max seems such a great kid and the way he drove those last 6 laps with kimi on his tail if I were Hamilton or Rosberg I would be very afraid of this kid and Red Bull have some big developments due.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #3277: May 15, 2016 06:14:36 pm
      Gutted I missed watching this live but will settle for highlights when I get home.

Great stuff from Max. Going to be a superstar this kid.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3278: May 15, 2016 09:27:48 pm
      Spectacular stuff.
      What would F1 be like if Mercedes didn't dominate?
      There's your answer. Mega stuff from Max.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3279: May 15, 2016 09:52:20 pm
      Gutted I missed watching this live but will settle for highlights when I get home.

Great stuff from Max. Going to be a superstar this kid.

Spectacular stuff.
      What would F1 be like if Mercedes didn't dominate?
      There's your answer. Mega stuff from Max.

The best race I've seen in a long long time. Said before the race just how much I was looking forward to this race. You could just sense an afternoon to remember from yesterday's qualifying session.

It was so fantastic to see 4 cars battling to win the race and was an absolute joy on a strategic level from all of them. As you say - I much prefer the look of f1 without the dominance of Mercedes. Been a long time since I watched a race where two teams seemed to have evenly matched equipment. What an absolute pleasure to watch Verstappen take his first race win and at the age of just 18. Maturity beyond his years. Unbelievable stuff. I don't think I did 'speak too early' as I noted pre race on this board that he could reach the level of Senna and Schumacher. Thought Kimi drove a perfect race as well and on another day and on another race track I'm sure he would have won to the utter delight of us all!

THAT was what F1 was all about!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3280: May 15, 2016 10:00:25 pm
      The best race I've seen in a long long time. Said before the race just how much I was looking forward to this race. You could just sense an afternoon to remember from yesterday's qualifying session.

It was so fantastic to see 4 cars battling to win the race and was an absolute joy on a strategic level from all of them. As you say - I much prefer the look of f1 without the dominance of Mercedes. Been a long time since I watched a race where two teams seemed to have evenly matched equipment. What an absolute pleasure to watch Verstappen take his first race win and at the age of just 18. Maturity beyond his years. Unbelievable stuff. I don't think I did 'speak too early' as I noted pre race on this board that he could reach the level of Senna and Schumacher. Thought Kimi drove a perfect race as well and on another day and on another race track I'm sure he would have won to the utter delight of us all!

THAT was what F1 was all about!

It literally came down to the strategy decisions, which is great.
      Ricciardo v Vettel was the heavyweight match up for both teams, but they got it wrong.
      That said Verstappen was absolutely flawless under pressure from Kimi and knew where to push to keep ahead.
      Fantastic.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3281: May 28, 2016 01:59:47 am
      Monaco GP weekend folks! To whet your appetite I give you a couple of beautiful pictures. Does it get any better than Stirling Moss steering his Maserati through Monaco in 1956?  "Questi giorni quando vieni, il bel Sole... la la la la la-la-la-la la la la la"

and...

Damon Hill riding the kerbs in Monaco, 1995!

You just can't beat Monaco for glamour!

Rumours that a track record could be broken this weekend as well, so keep an eye out for that in qualifying! Red Bull's looking strong in practice, Mercedes have a fight on their hands!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #3282: May 28, 2016 04:33:32 pm
      Danny Ricciardo on pole.

Great stuff!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3283: May 28, 2016 04:40:56 pm
      Danny Ricciardo on pole.

Great stuff!

Fastest pole lap ever too...

I think if the problems that are dogging Hamilton were resolved he would be sitting on pole at Monaco and the leaderboard...

I can't understand why Merc would change the staff around at the garage of both drivers,clearly Rosberg has benefited & Hamilton suffered.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3284: May 28, 2016 05:12:40 pm

I think if the problems that are dogging Hamilton were resolved he would be sitting on pole at Monaco and the leaderboard...

I can't understand why Merc would change the staff around at the garage of both drivers,clearly Rosberg has benefited & Hamilton suffered.

It all does stink a bit. German company, German driver?? Can't stand Rosberg. Hammy still the fastest driver of the two on a even playing field. Why change a winning formula??   
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3285: May 28, 2016 05:16:34 pm
      It all does stink a bit. German company, German driver?? Can't stand Rosberg. Hammy still the fastest driver of the two on a even playing field. Why change a winning formula??   

Wolff commented that it was good for the company as both garages started to compete amongst themselves & they never wanted that type of rivalry in the group...

Still makes no sense why break up a winning team that has delivered 2 world championships & constructors titles back to back...

But as you say, I think they want an all things 'German' at Merc..
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3286: May 29, 2016 12:48:19 am
      Fastest pole lap ever too...

The onboard footage of Hamilton's lap for looked utterly perfect. I'm no technical whizz kid but it sounded like the engine was flattening out in the second half of that lap as if it was revving at the max. Getting tired myself of seeing Hamilton held back by constant technical problems. Rosberg is a fantastic driver but there's something utterly ridiculous

Regardless they both got beat by Riccardo who just trumped them on speed and strategy. Also as Q2 determines what compound of tyre the driver will start the race on, Ricciardo set his fastest lap in that session on a harder set of tyres compared to the Mercedes so he can get that out of the way instantly.

But there are possibilities of rain tomorrow. Not had a wet Monaco Grand Prix since 2008 when Hamilton won and quite impressively as well!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3287: May 29, 2016 02:19:25 pm
      On the edge of my seat here  :lmao: come on hammy  ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3288: May 29, 2016 02:46:52 pm
      Tense, exciting, nervy. What a race so far! 10 laps to go!

Quick Reply