Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Formula 1

Read 575509 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #3496: Oct 09, 2016 10:22:24 pm
      It's not quite over yet. When pressured Nico does crack. He's driving well but Hammy still has a chance.

Not cracking as much as Hamilton.
      Nico does seem to be found wanting when it's a head to head between the two,
      but Hamilton has to be up there for that to unfold.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3497: Oct 15, 2016 11:58:30 pm
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #3498: Oct 16, 2016 06:31:13 am

I love those designs. So much better than the current set. I found the second one down particularly eye catching.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3499: Oct 23, 2016 10:11:15 pm
      Dominant victory for Lewis this evening.

Verstappen totally fu**ed up Riccardio's chance of second by forcing the virtual safety car. Quite what he was doing trundling along for half a lap like that I will never know.

Driver of the day? It has to be Fernando again! Amazing drive and a great effort to get by Massa and Sainz (who was equally brilliant) late on in the race to get 5th place. If he gets penalised for the move on Massa then I despair!

As for Ferrari...why bother?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3500: Oct 24, 2016 12:40:55 am
      Dominant victory for Lewis this evening.

Verstappen totally fu**ed up Riccardio's chance of second by forcing the virtual safety car. Quite what he was doing trundling along for half a lap like that I will never know.

Driver of the day? It has to be Fernando again! Amazing drive and a great effort to get by Massa and Sainz (who was equally brilliant) late on in the race to get 5th place. If he gets penalised for the move on Massa then I despair!

As for Ferrari...why bother?

Came on to post the exact same thing about Alonso. What a drive! I can't believe there was a write up last week on skysports.com questioning his motivation and desire. That radio message when he overtook Sainz was hilarious :D. I've only just got round to watching the race so it's good to find out that he didn't get penalised. Hats off to Button too, started in 19th and finishing in the points (9th), very well done.

I felt sorry for Verstappen. Thought it was out of order when the female sky reporter tried to imply that he was at fault for Ricciardo's misfortune in the race. As if it went through his mind that Ricciardo wouldn't be able to pit under a virtual safety car if he didn't make it round to the pits, that is on Red Bull not Verstappen.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3501: Oct 24, 2016 08:18:58 am
      I found the whole race a bore to be honest, once Lewis was away it was single file all throughout with the odd overtake...

On Max, he was told to stop where he did by the team, bit unfair the criticism he got for it..
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3502: Oct 24, 2016 04:49:00 pm
      I found the whole race a bore to be honest, once Lewis was away it was single file all throughout with the odd overtake...

On Max, he was told to stop where he did by the team, bit unfair the criticism he got for it..

I've just read that Verstappen got driver of the day, how is that possible?! :D.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3503: Oct 24, 2016 04:56:13 pm
      I've just read that Verstappen got driver of the day, how is that possible?! :D.

WHAT?! Clearly Max fans or trolls descended upon the f1 website to vote for it. If that isn't a reason to discard fans from voting for driver of the day then I don't know what is. Kind of worrying as well that some can't recognise the brilliance of Alonso's drive!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3504: Oct 24, 2016 04:58:02 pm
      WHAT?! Clearly Max fans or trolls descended upon the f1 website to vote for it. If that isn't a reason to discard fans from voting for driver of the day then I don't know what is. Kind of worrying as well that some can't recognise the brilliance of Alonso's drive!

No danger for me Alonso driver of the day and I don't even like him
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3505: Oct 24, 2016 05:25:45 pm

True sh*t. Just read a drivers ranking report on skysports.com and they mention it a few times :D.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3506: Oct 24, 2016 11:27:50 pm
      Seems Alonso could be getting close to packing it in, by reading his latest interview, he's getting pretty fed up with it all
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3507: Oct 25, 2016 12:35:11 pm
      Seems Alonso could be getting close to packing it in, by reading his latest interview, he's getting pretty fed up with it all

I'm not surprised, he knows his car is sh*t  :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3508: Oct 30, 2016 08:50:06 pm
      Shockingly dull race up until the last few laps there with Vettel and the Red Bull's.

Verstappen CLEARLY gained an advantage by cutting the first turn in defence of the arrack on Vettel. How he wasn't given the order by race control to have the place to Vettel is beyond me. Even his race engineer thought so! Commence Vettel calling Verstappen a c**t (?) and telling Charlie Whiting the race director to 'f**k off'.

Edit: Stewards have given Verstappen a 5 second penalty.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3509: Oct 30, 2016 09:01:34 pm
      Vettel - twice- telling Whiting to F**k off was hilarious!! It's about time somebody did.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3510: Oct 30, 2016 09:06:03 pm
      Vettel - twice- telling Whiting to f**k off was hilarious!! It's about time somebody did.

Here here!!!!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3511: Oct 30, 2016 09:27:34 pm
      I'm not surprised, he knows his car is sh*t  :D

He said as much today when on the radio he said "...the car shouldn't even be in the race." He's so brutal :D. I'm a McLaren fan but even I had to laugh at that.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3512: Oct 31, 2016 01:11:34 am
      Bahahahaha.
      Farcical stuff.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #3513: Oct 31, 2016 11:32:25 am
      Can anyone explain why Lewis didn't get a penalty for doing virtually the same as Verstappen?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3514: Oct 31, 2016 11:36:55 am
      Can anyone explain why Lewis didn't get a penalty for doing virtually the same as Verstappen?

I was going to ask racerx34 the same question. He seems well clued up on this. I love Hammy but thought he might of served some type of penalty on the first lap..
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3515: Oct 31, 2016 01:00:55 pm
      Wasn't Hamilton's 'advantage' neutralised by the safety car? In fairness to Lewis he was comfortably ahead and not under any significant pressure like Verstappen. There was no challenge for his position unlike Max's third place by Vettel. Also - didn't Rosberg technically gain an advantage by going off road on the first corner when successfully defending his 2nd place?

Definitely a grey area. Racer???
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #3516: Oct 31, 2016 03:25:34 pm
      Wasn't Hamilton's 'advantage' neutralised by the safety car? In fairness to Lewis he was comfortably ahead and not under any significant pressure like Verstappen. There was no challenge for his position unlike Max's third place by Vettel. Also - didn't Rosberg technically gain an advantage by going off road on the first corner when successfully defending his 2nd place?

Definitely a grey area. Racer???

You may be right about the safety car but he only really got that gap after turn 1 by cutting the corner didn't he?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3517: Oct 31, 2016 04:40:46 pm
      You may be right about the safety car but he only really got that gap after turn 1 by cutting the corner didn't he?

Yeah I think it creates a dangerous precedent because a fair argument would be that anyone can cut the corner going into the first corner. I can only think Lewis was given the benefit of the doubt given that he was quite comfortably leading and not under any attack as Verstappen was. Perhaps a bigger reason is what went on behind him. If you see the video below you see Rosberg and Verstappen clashing - with Rosberg taking the short cut out of the second turn. Looks like Max is too aggressive on Nico there but does Nico need to take as blatant a shortcut? If you penalise Lewis then you penalise the two behind him which probably gives Huldenberg a just reason to feel aggrieved! I can only think the safety car kind of made life easier for the stewards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNs_q3ambYs
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3518: Nov 01, 2016 01:12:40 pm
      Rumours that Ross Brawn will replace Bernie Ecclestone as the head of F1.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/234933/1/brawn-lined-up-to-succeed-ecclestone-as-f1-chief.html

Seems too good to be true.

edit: James Allen has written how Brawn is set to become the F1 Sporting director meaning he will be the mastermind behind the future direction of the rules, regulation and technical side of the sport. Will not have any commercial capacity so will not be a direct replacement for Bernie in that sense. Great news for the sport getting the one of the greatest minds back into the fold but I hope he's given considerable power as opposed to acting as a referee between the teams and the FIA.

https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2016/11/ross-brawn-to-become-sporting-boss-of-f1-not-replacing-bernie-ecclestone/
      « Last Edit: Nov 01, 2016 04:24:21 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »

Quick Reply