Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Dean Bouzanis Player Thread

Read 16044 times
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Dean Bouzanis Player Thread
      Mar 20, 2007 01:09:41 pm
      Liverpool beat the likes of Tottenham and Charlton to the services of Dean Bouzanis, according to his agent Terry Palapanis.

The 16-year-old keeper was loaned to Sydney FC until January 2008 when he will link up with Liverpool’s first team squad.

Palapanis said: "For a 16-year-old goalkeeper who will effectively not play for the first team yet, this is a deal that is worth a lot of money.

"The money is really good. Dean's father is a solicitor and even he is amazed at what we negotiated.

"There were 22 clubs from Europe chasing him. Charlton made a good offer and so did Tottenham, but we chose Liverpool."
      « Last Edit: Jul 19, 2009 04:24:13 pm by Reslivo »
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Dean Bouzanis
      Reply #1: Mar 21, 2007 01:57:25 pm
      Never heard of him, but good to see the club investing in more youth, some of it's gotta pay off.

Only reservation I have is that we beat Charlton & Tottenham to the lad. I would've been a bit more excited if we'd beaten Manure & Sh!tski to his signature.
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #2: Mar 29, 2007 11:47:27 pm
      yeah dean bouzanis played in the same comp as me last year in youth level.....he should do well.
      Belldiouf
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #3: Apr 01, 2007 08:20:13 am
      Im a season ticket holder at Sydney, ive being trying to post this on here for months but cant figure out hot to post yet. He is our 2nd choice kepper. Huge kid for 16 made 2 apperances in friendlys and both times he wasnt tested. Ill keep you posted on his efforts through the asian champions league and our season
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #4: Apr 01, 2007 10:21:32 am
      lets hope he's got a bright future. heard this a long time ago though
      Belldiouf
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #5: May 30, 2007 02:19:36 am
      Bouzanis watch or as we call him "Scouse Dean" played the 2nd half in a mid season friendly against Marconi Stallions. Sydeny FC won the match 3 0 and to be honest he didnt have much to do. he was chipped from about 25 yards and managed to scramble back to make a world class save and tip it onto the bar.

Note. he also took a heavy knock after a horrible back pass and took 12 studs in his chest. This kid is a giant for a 16yr old.
      The talk is that Liverpool want Bouzanis before his 17th Birthday. He was meant to move in January 2008 but now it looks like it will be a few months earlier. He wont be able to play until he is 17 years and 3 months old.
      garlo
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 518 posts |
      Reply #6: Jun 21, 2007 09:51:08 am
      he has a good traditional aussie surname as well
      xen105
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 78 posts | -4 
      Reply #7: Jun 21, 2007 11:22:31 am
      bouzanis is a greek name, as is dean, so i would say as a fellow greek myself he comes from a greek backround
      liverpool07
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #8: Jun 21, 2007 06:05:49 pm
      hes ounds  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #9: Jun 21, 2007 10:32:51 pm
      lets just hope he is a damn site better than that Padelli divvy!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Jul 12, 2009 05:27:13 am
      Wrexham FC sign Liverpool keeper
      WREXHAM have agreed a deal with Premier League giants Liverpool to take goalkeeper Dean Bouzanis on loan, although the Anfield youngster is unlikely to figure in this afternoon’s friendly against Coventry City at the Racecourse.

Australia-born Bouzanis, 18, was a member of the Liverpool side that reached the FA Youth Cup final last season and will compete with Chris Maxwell for a place between the posts this season.

Wrexham manager Dean Saunders said yesterday: “We’ve agreed with Liverpool to take goalkeeper Dean Bouzanis on loan, although we have yet to finalise the length of the deal and the figures, but the boy has agreed to come and the two clubs have given it the go-ahead.

“That’s ongoing so it might be a bit of a rush to get anything sorted by tomorrow, but we have two games next week and the quicker we get him in the better. There are a few things to tie up because he is eligible to play for both Australia and Greece and he has been asked to play in an international tournament so that’s another issue to sort out.”

Full article
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #11: Jul 12, 2009 10:04:18 am
      Bouzanis, I forgot about him. He was absolutely mint on Football Manager 2008 :D

Don't think I've actually ever seen him in real life though.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #12: Jul 12, 2009 04:29:33 pm
      Bouzanis, I forgot about him. He was absolutely mint on Football Manager 2008 :D

Don't think I've actually ever seen him in real life though.

He had a good season last season. He was playing for both the youth team and the reserves on occasions.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #13: Jul 12, 2009 04:31:58 pm
      We get alot of footage of him over here in Ausland, and i'm not totally convinced. Not sharp enough and not decisive enough with what he should do.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #14: Jul 12, 2009 04:35:11 pm
      I heard he is going to be one of Liverpool's brightest prospects. Don't know what to make of that, I've never seen him. But still sending him on loan will gain him the necessary experience which is vital at his age.

Hope he does well there, good luck.
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #15: Jul 12, 2009 05:09:05 pm
      We get alot of footage of him over here in Ausland, and I'm not totally convinced. Not sharp enough and not decisive enough with what he should do.

where the hell do you see that? I am in aus, and I haven't seen him mentioned once
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #16: Jul 12, 2009 05:17:07 pm
      I heard he is going to be one of Liverpool's brightest prospects. Don't know what to make of that, I've never seen him. But still sending him on loan will gain him the necessary experience which is vital at his age.

Hope he does well there, good luck.
      I remember watching a show down here a couple of years ago (The World Game) and he was described as the best keeper in the world at his age.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #17: Jul 12, 2009 05:28:00 pm
      From what i have seen of him, he looks a decent player with a bright future. Hope the experience of Wrexham helps his game to progress.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #18: Jul 12, 2009 06:15:50 pm
      where the hell do you see that? I am in aus, and I haven't seen him mentioned once

Football stars of tomorrow, TWG, etc.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #19: Jul 13, 2009 02:41:48 am
      We get alot of footage of him over here in Ausland, and I'm not totally convinced. Not sharp enough and not decisive enough with what he should do.
      I wouldn't say we get a lot of footage of him, although i have seen a bit on him on TWG and Football Stars of Tomorrow as you've said. I think he's a good player based on what i've heard and read on him and hopefully he can be our next Pepe Reina.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #20: Jul 13, 2009 04:56:54 am
      He's been on that Football Stars a couple times already, TWG have shown him 6 or 7 times in the past 2 seasons and then on Fox when 'experts' went over the Youth FA Cup Final.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,313 posts | 180 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #21: Jul 13, 2009 06:37:29 am

well, he's 18. haven't seen him though, but keepers usually reach their football maturity later than other players. IMO we'll have to wait till hes at least 22 to see what hes made off.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #22: Jul 13, 2009 12:42:59 pm
      well, he's 18. haven't seen him though, but keepers usually reach their football maturity later than other players. IMO we'll have to wait till hes at least 22 to see what hes made off.

Yeah true, could have been a tad too harsh. Probably i judge him too hard because i see him alot but hey, you get that.

Willing to wait.

Quick Reply