Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Don't Buy The Sun - The Guide

Read 311127 times
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Re: Don't Buy The Sun - The Guide
      Reply #506: Jul 16, 2013 08:37:23 pm
      I'm absolutely shocked.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #507: Jul 16, 2013 09:00:16 pm
      @MikeCF811: Before you Tweet hate for Michael Owen. He wrote that blog on Sportslobster and the S*n and others used the blog. It is not an exclusive.FFS

I don't know if that's true or not  :confused-smiley-013:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #508: Jul 16, 2013 09:00:33 pm

To be honest, I'm not, doesn't even surprise me, he did used to do a column for the News Of The World while he played for Liverpool.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #509: Jul 16, 2013 09:14:17 pm
      Denying it on twitter.

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen 14m
      Okay, let's set the record straight. I am not, nor will I be in the future, working as a columnist or writing articles for the Sun newspaper

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen 11m
      I undertook a promotional day in my capacity as an ambassador for Shinpad Insurance which was attended by numerous media reporters.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #510: Jul 16, 2013 09:32:52 pm
      Have to admit, I gave him some grief on Twitter

Hillsborough and the justice campaign is much bigger than football and who pays your wages, in whatever shirt you are wearing at that time of your career...

I have to say I feel sorry for his close friends (Carra), his family, and the trouble it must of caused him today.

The rag should know better. Cretins
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #511: Jul 16, 2013 10:09:32 pm
      F***ing shitehawks.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #512: Jul 16, 2013 11:03:47 pm
      I don't think we should be judging him until we have all the facts , and then if it's true we can tear the arse out of him .
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #513: Jul 16, 2013 11:57:51 pm
      Nothing that that rag does surprises me. 

There should be a law against them passing sh*te off as an exclusive, when it clearly isn't and was never intended to be.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #514: Jul 17, 2013 08:03:23 am
      Nothing that that rag does surprises me. 

There should be a law against them passing sh*te off as an exclusive, when it clearly isn't and was never intended to be.

Owen has a trigger happy legal team Debs and it's amazing he hasn't started litigation proceedings against the shitehawks.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #515: Jul 17, 2013 10:25:46 am
      Owen has a trigger happy legal team Debs and it's amazing he hasn't started litigation proceedings against the shitehawks.

Let's hope so mate.  I'd love nothing better than to see their arses hung out to dry.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #516: Jul 17, 2013 03:48:52 pm
      bbc news

S-- deputy denies payment charges

The S-- deputy editor has pleaded not guilty to making unauthorised payments to a public official in return for information.
      Geoff Webster is accused of two counts of conspiracy to commit misconduct in public office.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23345686

« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2013 04:05:41 pm by stuey »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #517: Sep 26, 2013 06:55:03 pm
       'Don't buy the S--' cashier keeps her job
      A cashier at Tesco in Allerton Road, Liverpool has kept her job despite telling a customer not to buy the rag because of it's Hillsborough coverage, the firm declined to say if it took disciplinary action against their employee.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-24282609

Playing with fire are Tesco.
      « Last Edit: Sep 26, 2013 07:01:05 pm by stuey »
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #518: Sep 27, 2013 10:03:46 am
      My local Tesco that, one I tend to do my shopping in. Not sure I want to go back in, if I am honest. Not until that is removed.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #519: Sep 27, 2013 08:35:58 pm
      The shopper who complained to Tesco about being told the s-- should be banned when he paid for the rag has taken his profile off Twitter.
      He accused the check-out girl of being ''rude'' when he bought the rag at Tesco on Mather Ave. He said '' the girl picked up my paper with the tips of her fingers she didn't want to handle the offensive item, then said to her colleague on the next till- ''this shop should ban this paper from being sold here''.
      The shopper's comments caused outrage as other Twitter users jumped to the shop-workers defence.
      Een Liverpool mayor Cllr Joe Anderson joined the debate, he posted ''girl on till in Tesco, Allerton wants talking to, not disciplined''.
      ''She speaks for me and most people in this city, don't sell it, why anyone in this city would want to read it is shocking really''.
      The cashier attracted support from overseas, Twitter user Wilson said ''supporting #LiverpoolTescoGirl - even in America we know#Don't Buy The S--!''

read more:-

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-tesco-worker-wont-sacked-6098306
      « Last Edit: Sep 27, 2013 08:48:29 pm by stuey »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #520: Nov 29, 2013 12:42:19 pm
      I thought this should go in here.
      I don't really like the blokes media persona, but the bit at the bottom of the article has ensured I respect him a little bit.
      Fair play to the fella.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/nov/29/russell-brand-rages-sun-rupert-murdoch

Russell Brand is donating his fee for this article to the Justice for the 96 campaign
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #521: Nov 29, 2013 02:49:04 pm
      I thought this should go in here.
      I don't really like the blokes media persona, but the bit at the bottom of the article has ensured I respect him a little bit.
      Fair play to the fella.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/nov/29/russell-brand-rages-sun-rupert-murdoch

Think he's always bee a good guy towards the Justice Campaign mate.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #522: Feb 08, 2014 10:12:36 pm
      Seriously, does anyone in Liverpool stlll buy the s*n?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #523: Feb 08, 2014 10:16:29 pm
      Seriously, does anyone in Liverpool stlll buy the s*n?

Highly F***ing doubt it

Wouldn't  wipe my arse with the rag
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #524: Feb 08, 2014 11:13:56 pm
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #525: Feb 09, 2014 12:16:56 pm

Love that tune Scotia. I heard it for the first time at Glasto and I'll admit it brought a tear to my eye and a feeling of pride.

It can be downloaded for fee here:

http://www.billybragg.co.uk/sun.php
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #526: Feb 09, 2014 04:24:57 pm
      Quali
      Love that tune Scotia. I heard it for the first time at Glasto and I'll admit it brought a tear to my eye and a feeling of pride.

It can be downloaded for fee here:

http://www.billybragg.co.uk/sun.php

Quality wordsmith our Billy is Bubby - love a lot of his musings on matters of the heart too. They have a real Everyman quality and he really believes in power of protest.

This one always gets me - the reference to Milly Dowler's parents is haunting and enraging at same time.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #527: Feb 09, 2014 06:12:59 pm
      Billy Bragg = Man of the people.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #528: May 19, 2014 07:54:04 pm
      Anybody seen this?

Anyway, Royal Mails complaint details for those not in a Liverpool postcode and don't want this delivering.  http://smehelp.royalmail.datasquirt.co.uk/

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/may/19/world-cup-marketing-the-sun

The *** is distributing free cut-down editions to 22m English households as part of a Brazil 2014 World Cup marketing push.

The *** is to give away more than 20m copies in an unprecedented World Cup push – but it will not include the paper's traditional Page 3 model for fear of a marketing own-goal.

Its promotional issues will be distributed throughout England, with the exception of Liverpool, where the paper remains controversial over its coverage of the Hillsborough tragedy.

The 24-page mini-issue will be a condensed version of the regular tabloid, featuring news, comment, along with a sport section that will have a heavy focus on the main newspaper's coverage of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

Eighty per cent of the 22m copies will be distributed on 12 June, the opening day of the World Cup, while the remaining copies will be delivered on 13 June across the country.

Is it understood News UK has struck a deal with Royal Mail to deliver the copies, which will be given out in England, but not Scotland, Wales and Ireland.

The promotion across England will exclude distribution to households in Liverpool, where many have boycotted the newspaper since articles it published relating to the 1989 Hillsborough football disaster.

The free paper will be published alongside the regular paid-for issue of the ***, which usually has a pagination of around 64 pages.

The ***'s commercial team is hoping to charge about £300,000 for a full-page advertisement in the promotional copy.

By comparison, the paid for issue of the ***, which has a circulation of 2.1m, charges about £35,000 for a full-page advert.

"We are pleased that we can do something so big and bold in the build-up to the World Cup," said a spokesman for News UK. "We are also proud to show our ongoing commitment to printed newspapers as a way of reaching a mass audience."

The move by News UK is thought to mark the first time that a national newspaper in the UK has been given out on such a scale.

German national newspaper Bild gave out 41m copies for free in 2012 to celebrate its 60th birthday.

According to the latest census figures, there are more than 22m households in England.

Quick Reply