Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Don't Buy The Sun - The Guide

Read 313021 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Don't Buy The Sun - The Guide
      Reply #552: Jul 22, 2014 08:38:47 am
      Can I ask something? I am an American here In the Uk and I have been supporting Liverpool for two years. At what point will people forgive the Sun? The Hillsborough tragedy was 25 years ago, and it was certainly a tragedy- thank God it appears justice for the 96 is finally on its way. but do Scousers not buy BMWs because the Germans bombed Liverpool in the war? the current editor of the Sun didn't even work for the paper then. Please don't troll me- I am an outsider supporting the best club in the world and need to understand what the Sun means to LFC supporters.

you need to understand the city and its history. We make the loyalist of friends you could ever wish to meet we would literally give you the shirt of our back's if it was needed. Unfortunately we also make the worst of enemies because we never forget and very seldom forgive and when it comes to that shitrag of a paper the word "never" is an understatement.
      Only this week they have been thrown out of court for manufacturing a serious story which meant a woman having to spend 12 months trying to prove her innocence just because they want to sell newspapers they have learned nothing in the last 25 years absolutely nothing.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #553: Jul 22, 2014 08:50:50 am
      You just need to google it. Or read the first post in this thread.

This and stop acting soft.
      You say you are American, think about the hate and prejudice that exists in your country that is unjust and underserved in so many cases, or do you fail to understand that as well?

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #554: Jul 22, 2014 10:14:16 am
      I've read that post 3 or 4 times now and have decided not to address it with a response.

You don't need to research much to understand the situation

I personally have questions of the basis of the question.. It's either very naive and take some time to read the history or there is potentially more of a reason to ask it.

Don't buy the sun
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #555: Jul 22, 2014 01:32:01 pm
      It's not like it's even a paper it's socially acceptable to read even if you're not a Liverpool fan.

And who says what the Germans did during that war has been forgiven?
      dave1976
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #556: Jul 22, 2014 06:20:17 pm
      I'm trying to ask whether people who weren't even alive when the Hillsborough tragedy occurred should be persuaded not to buy the Sun. My son is 20..should he ignore any and all Germans because they bombed Liverpool in WW2? At what point do you teach peace and reconciliation? Relatives of the 96 have a clear and concise reason not to buy the paper,  as do people who were at Hillsborough on April 15 1989, and who fought to save every dying fan. But people who weren't even born at the time?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #557: Jul 22, 2014 07:25:17 pm
      'Dave', I don't know how to help you.

Have you actually read any of the multiple articles that are free to peruse at your leisure as to why Liverpool supports do not and will not entertain that "newspaper". Seriously have you?

If not, do so then come back.

If you have and you still can not comprehend the reasons for our hatred for it, then that is your issue.

As for your second attempt to compare what was reported post Hillsborough, and the fact that we have moved on and have good relations with 'Germans' is pathetic.

The two countries were at WAR. End of.

You and your son can, if you want, buy and read that rag. We won't stop you, but you won't be considered as a true Liverpool supporter.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #558: Jul 22, 2014 07:35:19 pm
      but you won't be considered as a true Liverpool supporter

Very true.

Seen it myself, travelling to games and so called Reds reading this utter sh*t rag!

A few choice words were given believe me!
      dave1976
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #559: Jul 22, 2014 07:43:05 pm
      RedPuppy, it's such a shame I'm not considered a 'true,' Liverpool supporter..I only wanted to discuss it. you haven't answered my question, just ignored it. I haven't bought the paper (and may not ever buy it). The paper was run by a different editor at the time, and I am making the distinction that you can't blame the past on others. perhaps I will not ever speak to Japanese people again..after all, they did bomb Pearl Harbour in 1941...and like the Sun, they might do the same again, might they?? Justice for the 96 and love to all their families.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #560: Jul 22, 2014 08:32:47 pm
      I'm trying to ask whether people who weren't even alive when the Hillsborough tragedy occurred should be persuaded not to buy the Sun. My son is 20..should he ignore any and all Germans because they bombed Liverpool in WW2? At what point do you teach peace and reconciliation? Relatives of the 96 have a clear and concise reason not to buy the paper,  as do people who were at Hillsborough on April 15 1989, and who fought to save every dying fan. But people who weren't even born at the time?

Look lad..

2 posts.. 2 posts

This stinks to me of something not right.

If you don't get it which you clearly don't then you are going the wrong way about learning about it.

You are poorly comparing two events..
      If you want to read it, read it.. I don't know any red who would wipe their arse with it..
      Your 20 year old son may not have been alive but if he was over here and a red he would have have relatives or friends relatives who would have been and who would have been accused of things by that rag I'm not even willing to put down in words..

Lad.. I suggest you  look into it and stop being insensitive..

I personally think you are working an angle here..

bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #561: Jul 22, 2014 08:39:45 pm
      Look lad..

2 posts.. 2 posts

This stinks to me of something not right.

If you don't get it which you clearly don't then you are going the wrong way about learning about it.

You are poorly comparing two events..
      If you want to read it, read it.. I don't know any red who would wipe their arse with it..
      Your 20 year old son may not have been alive but if he was over here and a red he would have have relatives or friends relatives who would have been and who would have been accused of things by that rag I'm not even willing to put down in words..

Lad.. I suggest you  look into it and stop being insensitive..

I personally think you are working an angle here..

He says he's supporting Liverpool 2 yrs and going by his username he was born in '76 making him 38 yrs old . Who the F**k starts supporting a team at that age ?

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #562: Jul 22, 2014 08:43:09 pm
      He says he's supporting Liverpool 2 yrs and going by his username he was born in '76 making him 38 yrs old . Who the f**k starts supporting a team at that age ?

Busy knocking kids out in his late teens..  :roll:

I nearly didn't reply a few times.. I'm not sure about his M.O

I'm leaving it now though

Pm'd you mate.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #563: Jul 22, 2014 08:45:47 pm

It's a publication that still, to this day, lies, prints sh*t, revels in half-truths and obfuscation.  Despite being found out as such a poor news source and after many half hearted or enforced apologies, it hasn't changed, unlike Germany, which certainly has changed since WWII.  It's a devisive, sh*t rag of a news source and as such, even if you had no Liverpool connections, it should be one to be avoided. 

dave1976
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #564: Jul 22, 2014 08:49:56 pm
      Ok. To remind those who need reminding. I am American. I came here to work close to Liverpool in 2012. I have no angle, agenda, or anything else. I have been to the Kop and avidly follow the team which my workmates got me into. I had a child at 18 who lives with my then partner in the States. Best wishes to you all. I wanted to find out more about the Sun and Scousers. Some of you are taking this as a personal affront, rather than a discussion, so I wish you all well, but this is not an intelligent debate, you are just repeating the stuff about not buying the paper rather than discussing how to move forward. Justice for the 96.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #565: Jul 22, 2014 08:53:24 pm
      RedPuppy, it's such a shame I'm not considered a 'true,' Liverpool supporter..I only wanted to discuss it. you haven't answered my question, just ignored it. I haven't bought the paper (and may not ever buy it). The paper was run by a different editor at the time, and I am making the distinction that you can't blame the past on others. perhaps I will not ever speak to Japanese people again..after all, they did bomb Pearl Harbour in 1941...and like the Sun, they might do the same again, might they?? Justice for the 96 and love to all their families.

I/We have answered your questions, don't play dumb.

Can I ask something? Yes.

At what point will people forgive the s*n? Never.

I'm trying to ask whether people who weren't even alive when the Hillsborough tragedy occurred should be persuaded not to buy the s*n. It's a free world believe it or not. People can buy it if they want.

the current editor of the s*n didn't even work for the paper then. Kim Il-sung is dead, why has the USA not started being nice to North Korea?, Same reason.

Please don't troll me- I am an outsider supporting the best club in the world and need to understand what the s*n means to LFC supporters. Try doing some research, you're a big boy, I'm sure you can manage that, can't you?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #566: Jul 22, 2014 08:55:40 pm
      Ok. To remind those who need reminding. I am American. I came here to work close to Liverpool in 2012. I have no angle, agenda, or anything else. I have been to the Kop and avidly follow the team which my workmates got me into. I had a child at 18 who lives with my then partner in the States. Best wishes to you all. I wanted to find out more about the Sun and Scousers. Some of you are taking this as a personal affront, rather than a discussion, so I wish you all well, but this is not an intelligent debate, you are just repeating the stuff about not buying the paper rather than discussing how to move forward. Justice for the 96.

Your ISP says different.
      TRY DOING SOME RESEARCH, YOU HAVE BEEN HERE FOR 2 YEARS.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #567: Jul 22, 2014 08:59:52 pm
      Oh dear is this what the modern world is like you just pick a club to support and don't even know what it stands for or what its history is. I know we have supporters all over the world but  the city of Liverpool and Liverpool FC are blood relatives going back generations maybe that is too hard to understand in this modern age but in this city Family means something and all of the Liverpool supporters who suffered that day where family.I don't know how you would explain that to someone and I don't think it should need explaining. We are about to witness YNWA sung in some far away places and all that sing it understand its meaning and they all will have their own personal reason for singing it. Dave do yourself a favour and chose another club there is one just down the  East Lancs road that is perfect for you.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #568: Jul 22, 2014 09:01:01 pm
      You're working for the rag .

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #569: Jul 22, 2014 09:09:47 pm
      Oh dear is this what the modern world is like you just pick a club to support and don't even know what it stands for or what its history is. I know we have supporters all over the world but  the city of Liverpool and Liverpool FC are blood relatives going back generations maybe that is too hard to understand in this modern age but in this city Family means something and all of the Liverpool supporters who suffered that day where family.I don't know how you would explain that to someone and I don't think it should need explaining. We are about to witness YNWA sung in some far away places and all that sing it understand its meaning and they all will have their own personal reason for singing it. Dave him.do yourself a favour and chose another club there is one just down the  East Lancs road that is perfect for you.

Fazakerley mate and the more I read the patronising, pathetic piece of text the more I am convinced it is some kind of grotesque piss take. Ban the F**k out of him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #570: Jul 22, 2014 09:32:04 pm
      Tell him to go to the memorial and read the names out loud and then when he signs off "justice for the 96" he might understand what that means
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #571: Jul 22, 2014 10:08:29 pm
      This thread should be closed to newbies , only those with a certain amount of posts built up should only have access to stop any trolling .
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #572: Jul 22, 2014 10:18:42 pm
      Has he gone yet?
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #573: Jul 22, 2014 10:26:24 pm
      The c**t is still online Shabs , but he's been sorted .

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #574: Jul 22, 2014 10:47:26 pm
      But people who weren't even born at the time?

Liverpool Football Club is a family and we all stick together and those who weren't born at the time, myself included will give just as much support and want the justice just as much as those born at the time. I'm a Scouser myself, but even if I wasn't, if you told me to start buying the shitrag because I wasn't born at the time then you'd wish you kept your trap shut.

Different people running it or not, it's still the same shitrag!

Go educate yourself before coming on here and talking such bullshit.

JFT96!!!

Quick Reply