Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Reasons to be cheerful thread!

Read 411375 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Reasons to be cheerful thread!
      Reply #5267: Dec 05, 2014 11:03:40 am
      So after a company went bust on us in January 2013 owing us £90k and in the process nearly sending us under as we're a small company, the remainder of the year was a real struggle. A miscarriage thrown in for good measure in the Summer was very testing also, so I can remember very well the way I was going on and on about how, for once, I was going to celebrate New Year and say goodbye to 2013. Then my Dad went into hospital out of the blue on 27th December and on the early evening of New Years Eve we were told at Arrowe Park Hospital that he had lung and bowel cancer. 2013 really did f**k us over until it's very last.

It's been another horrible year. Chemotherapy and major operations to his bowel and liver and just all round general worry. Throw in another miscarriage and it's fair to say that 2014 has been horrible too.

But at least it's had its ups.

I'm typing here after my Dad got the all clear last Friday and me and Linzi are expecting our second child next June and it's fair to say that I can't wipe the smile off my face.

It's been mad. Whilst I'm not naive enough to think that it cannot return, for now, we all look forward with no worries and we can all smile and crack on.

If you've ever passed any regards on here to Dad, and a lot of you have, I really do appreciate it and it was good to read during hard times.

Thank you very much. I really mean that.

The last two years tried to do us so hopefully 2015 will be on our side if it knows what's good for it.

Wasn't aware of all this. Have to say, I have met your Dad on two occasions and he has always seemed very positive, which is a credit to himself considering the situation he has found himself in. Wish yoy all the best over the next year!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #5268: Dec 05, 2014 12:27:26 pm
      Thanks you lot.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5269: Dec 05, 2014 10:02:34 pm
      Great news for you and your family Dave, made up to hear that hun....will be raising a glass or two for you tomorrow  :ernaehrung004:

Had a pretty tough family week myself, my favourite boss RED Uncle died last week and the funeral was Wednesday, he was a huge influence on me in my younger days with his stories of the Redmen....on the same day my Sister had yet another massive operation to have a tumour removed from her lung, so I'm hoping her news will be as good as your Dad's Dave, fingers crossed.

YNWA xxxxx
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #5270: Dec 06, 2014 07:55:08 am
      Great news for you and your family Dave, made up to hear that hun....will be raising a glass or two for you tomorrow  :ernaehrung004:

Had a pretty tough family week myself, my favourite boss RED Uncle died last week and the funeral was Wednesday, he was a huge influence on me in my younger days with his stories of the Redmen....on the same day my Sister had yet another massive operation to have a tumour removed from her lung, so I'm hoping her news will be as good as your Dad's Dave, fingers crossed.

YNWA xxxxx

Wish your  sister well cas  sorry about your uncle  all the best to you and family take care .
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #5271: Dec 06, 2014 08:13:15 am

YNWA xxxxx

Very sorry to hear about your uncle Cas, thoughts with you and your family.

Your Sister is getting work done, she will be good. You all really do have to keep the head up and be positive as clichéd as that sounds.They can do all sorts nowadays so I'm confident she will be fine.

Speak soon ay? Maybe catch up at the Swansea game if you're going.

Take it easy Cas x
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5272: Dec 07, 2014 05:26:10 pm
      Wish your  sister well cas  sorry about your uncle  all the best to you and family take care .

Thanks Andy xxx much love xxx

Very sorry to hear about your uncle Cas, thoughts with you and your family.

Your Sister is getting work done, she will be good. You all really do have to keep the head up and be positive as clichéd as that sounds.They can do all sorts nowadays so I'm confident she will be fine.

Speak soon ay? Maybe catch up at the Swansea game if you're going.

Take it easy Cas x

She came home from hospital yesterday, she's a good scouser and i'm hoping she'll be ok xx

I'll be there for Swansea game hun, will get you a after christmas bevvie  :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5273: Dec 11, 2014 08:19:01 pm
      I'm thinking of proposing to my girlfriend on NYE (and for that I'm cheerful). We'll be in Rome so it could be quite romantic. Also, we met on NYE 3 years ago so this is a meaningful date for us. I'm not really very keen on traditions but having a big wedding party is one of her dreams so we're planning to have one in 2016. We talk about marriage frequently so a proposal don't really change things that much – but I know she would appreciate if I did. She hates not being officially my fiancé, haha.

Any ideas for how I should do it? I’m thinking of right after midnight or something, but haven’t put much thought to it yet. It’s supposed to be a surprise of course.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #5274: Dec 11, 2014 09:05:43 pm
      I'm thinking of proposing to my girlfriend on NYE (and for that I'm cheerful). We'll be in Rome so it could be quite romantic. Also, we met on NYE 3 years ago so this is a meaningful date for us. I'm not really very keen on traditions but having a big wedding party is one of her dreams so we're planning to have one in 2016. We talk about marriage frequently so a proposal don't really change things that much – but I know she would appreciate if I did. She hates not being officially my fiancé, haha.

Any ideas for how I should do it? I’m thinking of right after midnight or something, but haven’t put much thought to it yet. It’s supposed to be a surprise of course.

Congrats mate

Where you planning on being at midnight?

The location is key to the act
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #5275: Dec 11, 2014 11:47:24 pm

Congratulations! Sorry, I have no ideas on how it should be done.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5276: Dec 11, 2014 11:49:03 pm
      Congrats mate

Where you planning on being at midnight?

The location is key to the act

Yeah I was thinking of it but I still don't know where exactly I will be at midnight... so this is still in early planning stage! haha
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5277: Dec 11, 2014 11:49:11 pm
      Congratulations! Sorry, I have no ideas on how it should be done.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #5278: Dec 13, 2014 10:58:40 pm

I think because of the date and location, alongside the fact that both are special to you anyway, you have put most of the romantics there already.

And it's Rome.

Even without three years ago you've got the location.No matter where you are in Rome, whether it be just the both of you away from all of the madness but looking at some sort of nice view with the midnight noise in the distance or you both in a packed and crowded place, you doing it there and at that moment will totally work.

I don't think you have to over think it.

Good luck anyway. Hopefully she will say yes ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5279: Dec 19, 2014 01:37:18 am
      It's almost Christmas, and I'm listening to this:

Winter Song

Wishing health and happiness to you all.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #5280: Dec 21, 2014 08:53:53 am
      Same to you and yours Racer Mate, Me? I've got 2 tickets for today's game so I'm ecstatic!
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #5281: Dec 22, 2014 09:37:54 pm

All the best to both of you Diego, have a great time in Rome.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #5282: Dec 22, 2014 10:59:26 pm
      Apart from the Result I had a great weekend, John Bishop on saturday night and the match itself yesterday and some forum friends sharing a few drinks afterwards, Namely El Batez, J.D., Gow and the lovely (Cas) MsGerrard thanks for the company !
      To cap it all of,f Tickets booked for 3 weeks in Aus at the beginning of July Next year gives me the chance to meet some of our southern hemisphere Members !
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5283: Jan 06, 2015 11:32:17 am
      I am now officially engaged!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #5284: Jan 06, 2015 11:36:02 am

Congrats mate!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #5285: Jan 06, 2015 11:39:40 am

Congrats!

What's his name?

:P
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #5286: Jan 06, 2015 11:55:55 am
      Officially congrats Diego.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #5287: Jan 06, 2015 11:59:07 am

Well in mate

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5288: Jan 06, 2015 01:14:56 pm

Congrats to you both Diego but we need more than just a quick post, official or not. 

Come on man, we want details!!  When? Where? How?  Don't be shy, you're amongst friends   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5289: Jan 06, 2015 01:21:42 pm

Well done Diego.

Quick Reply