Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Reasons to be cheerful thread!

Read 413779 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Reasons to be cheerful thread!
      Reply #5290: Jan 06, 2015 01:53:39 pm
      Thansk a lot everyone!

Come on man, we want details!!  When? Where? How?  Don't be shy, you're amongst friends

Haha ;D well, I met her 3 years ago on New Years Eve, so I thought it was only fitting that I proposed on that same night... I thought of doing so during the fireworks at the Coliseum but we were among other friends and I didn't feel like the timing was right... I'm quite shy and wouldn't feel comfortable doing it in front of so many people - I'm not that type of guy. So instead I decided to wait until after the new years party we went to and proposed to her when we were just the two of us, on our way back to the hotel - kinda recreating the night we met each other.

It wasn't anything spectacular, and I actually hadn't it properly planned in advance, I just adjusted my plans as things went along. Oh, and she loved the ring! ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5291: Jan 06, 2015 01:55:11 pm
      And since I'm being cheerful here, I've got some additional bit of good news when I got back to Brazil: I've received an offer from the very prestigious London School of Economics to study their MSc in Economic History! As most of you know, I'm hoping to study in the UK after the 2016 olympics, particularly sports management (the MBA Football Industries in Liverpool being my favorite), but I also applied for this economic history course as it's one of my favorite subjects and I wanted to keep my options open.

It feels great to have been accepted in one of the top universities in the whole world! However, it will probably just add doubt to my future ;D I'm a naturally indecisive person so I can picture myself freaking out over the next few months trying to figure out what to do. Have to say though, I still place Football and Liverpool above the other options.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #5292: Jan 06, 2015 03:02:23 pm
      And since I'm being cheerful here, I've got some additional bit of good news when I got back to Brazil: I've received an offer from the very prestigious London School of Economics to study their MSc in Economic History! As most of you know, I'm hoping to study in the UK after the 2016 olympics, particularly sports management (the MBA Football Industries in Liverpool being my favorite), but I also applied for this economic history course as it's one of my favorite subjects and I wanted to keep my options open.

It feels great to have been accepted in one of the top universities in the whole world! However, it will probably just add doubt to my future ;D I'm a naturally indecisive person so I can picture myself freaking out over the next few months trying to figure out what to do. Have to say though, I still place Football and Liverpool above the other options.

That's impressive. LSE is a world class university, very expensive too ;D. What area of economic history? The industrial revolution/possibly the rise in Asia economically in post Industal Europe.

I did an undergraduate degree in Economics, however I don't think I'm smart enough for a masters. Game Theory interests me though.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #5293: Jan 06, 2015 03:43:09 pm

He shoots, he scores!

Well in Diego, top man!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5294: Jan 06, 2015 03:52:59 pm
      Thansk a lot everyone!

Haha ;D well, I met her 3 years ago on New Years Eve, so I thought it was only fitting that I proposed on that same night... I thought of doing so during the fireworks at the Coliseum but we were among other friends and I didn't feel like the timing was right... I'm quite shy and wouldn't feel comfortable doing it in front of so many people - I'm not that type of guy. So instead I decided to wait until after the new years party we went to and proposed to her when we were just the two of us, on our way back to the hotel - kinda recreating the night we met each other.

It wasn't anything spectacular, and I actually hadn't it properly planned in advance, I just adjusted my plans as things went along. Oh, and she loved the ring! ;D

Awe fabulous mate, I remember you asking on here about proposing on NYE but how you did it was probably more appropriate  :D

And will the delightful, future Mrs Diego be travelling with you to the UK whilst you're studying? 

You have some major decisions to make in the next few months mate but I'd be very surprised if you ended up anywhere other than Liverpool  ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5295: Jan 06, 2015 03:57:13 pm
      Congrats Diego laa, made up for you, lovely news on both accounts  :D Hope to meet up with you again very soon xxxxx
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5296: Jan 06, 2015 04:38:42 pm
      That's impressive. LSE is a world class university, very expensive too ;D. What area of economic history? The industrial revolution/possibly the rise in Asia economically in post Industal Europe.

I did an undergraduate degree in Economics, however I don't think I'm smart enough for a masters. Game Theory interests me though.

This is the course mate: http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/taughtProgrammes2015/msceconomichistory.aspx

It's a general economic history MSc, but the student can always pick the subjects that are more of their interest. I also have an undergraduate degree in Economics, and economic history has always been my favorite subject.

And will the delightful, future Mrs Diego be travelling with you to the UK whilst you're studying?

That's the idea. She wants to enjoy the chance of improving her English which at the moment is quite poor to be honest. So she would probably be doing an English course there, and I think there's no better way to learn a language than living abroad.

And I also think it's highly likely that Liverpool will be my destination...

Congrats Diego laa, made up for you, lovely news on both accounts  :D Hope to meet up with you again very soon xxxxx

Thank you Cas, I also hope to see you again soon :)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5297: Jan 06, 2015 04:41:05 pm
      That's the idea. She wants to enjoy the chance of improving her English which at the moment is quite poor to be honest. So she would probably be doing an English course there, and I think there's no better way to learn a language than living abroad.

And I also think it's highly likely that Liverpool will be my destination..

That'll be two languages she's learning then mate, English and Scouse  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,609 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5298: Jan 06, 2015 07:02:10 pm
      Think you posted about meeting her on here.
      Well in, Diego.

Congrats.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #5299: Jan 28, 2015 08:38:57 pm
      Promoted in work today, delighted.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #5300: Jan 28, 2015 11:35:22 pm
      Congratulations IO on the promotion at work.

Congratulation Diego on the engagement.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5301: Jan 28, 2015 11:59:06 pm
      Promoted in work today, delighted.

Congrats on the promotion and engagement, also congrats on getting into a good uni Diego!! A little tip, make the most of the 1st year and have fun :D knuckle down for 2nd + year :)

Thansk a lot everyone!

Nice read on the proposal, Diego. I never actually proposed to my wife, she just spoke about getting married (after 2 years together) and I decided to buy  the engagement ring a week later. We met up during lunch(as we always do) and sat on the park bench talking and feeding the ducks on summers day, then, just before leaving for work, I pulled out the ring and said, "oh, I forgot something, you did say you wanted to get married, so here you go" :D

Nice to have a cheerful thread, never knew one existed :D
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #5302: Feb 28, 2015 10:30:41 pm
      I am excited, I just bought my ticket for the flight to Liverpool. I am going the Liverpool FC vs Newcastle game as well as the 96 Memorial Service. It is going to be a great week in Liverpool. Now, I need to get the ticket to the game and I will be set.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #5303: Mar 01, 2015 12:55:46 am
      I am excited, I just bought my ticket for the flight to Liverpool. I am going the Liverpool FC vs Newcastle game as well as the 96 Memorial Service. It is going to be a great week in Liverpool. Now, I need to get the ticket to the game and I will be set.

Good luck and congrats, I hope to get to Liverpool someday as well.

gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #5304: Mar 01, 2015 04:26:12 pm

Pleased for you Jenn, look on the ticket board for a spare!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #5305: Mar 03, 2015 11:56:09 am
      Had the 3D scan at 'Before the Stork' in Litherland last night and everything is all good. Little boy due on 3rd June.

Before all of that I go to Lanzarote (Costa Teguise) on Sunday with the Mrs and the bump, my lad and my Dad.

Lot to look forward to at the moment which is a real throwback to this time last year when my Dad had the Big C and the Mrs had miscarried twice.

Happy days :)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5306: Mar 03, 2015 01:26:01 pm
      Had the 3D scan at 'Before the Stork' in Litherland last night and everything is all good. Little boy due on 3rd June.

Before all of that I go to Lanzarote (Costa Teguise) on Sunday with the Mrs and the bump, my lad and my Dad.

Lot to look forward to at the moment which is a real throwback to this time last year when my Dad had the Big C and the Mrs had miscarried twice.

Fantastic news mate.

Just to add, this time of year always makes me cheerful. 

Out with the dog at 7am, beautiful blue skies, all the birds singing their heads off, blankets of snowdrops and crocus everywhere, trees bursting into leaf, you can't help but smile and be reminded that Spring is the season of renewed life.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #5307: Mar 03, 2015 02:59:31 pm

Congratulations mate all the best to you all .
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #5308: Mar 03, 2015 03:35:56 pm
      Congratulations mate all the best to you all .

Ay mate, thanks and all the best to you and your's. Chin up fella.

And thanks Debs but I've gotta ask..... You been smoking those funny cigarettes? ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5309: Mar 03, 2015 03:47:14 pm
      Ay mate, thanks and all the best to you and your's. Chin up fella.

And thanks Debs but I've gotta ask..... You been smoking those funny cigarettes? ;)

Not at 7am mate, unless I've been up all night  ;)
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #5310: Mar 03, 2015 03:47:32 pm
      Cheers mate I know what Debs is at I think the sound of the morning chorus in the spring is a truly awsome sound makes the whole countryside seem to be alive dont even have to be in the country to hear it often get up early to sit on the deck listening to it .
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5311: Mar 03, 2015 03:48:11 pm

That's amazing, I remember I could hardly sleep before my first night in Liverpool (not just out of anxiety, but mostly because I was afraid of losing my 5:30 train from London to Scouse Land if I did go to bed! :D)

Great stuff mate! Had to google Lanzarote to see where that was and the pictures are amazing!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5312: Mar 03, 2015 04:08:43 pm
      Cheers mate I know what Debs is at I think the sound of the morning chorus in the spring is a truly awsome sound makes the whole countryside seem to be alive dont even have to be in the country to hear it often get up early to sit on the deck listening to it .

You can't beat it mate for a pick me up especially where I walk the dog, there's literally dozens of Sky Larks.  I find myself singing YNWA everytime I hear them singing  ;D

Quick Reply