Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

The Injuries Thread

Read 46343 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: The Injuries Thread
      Reply #437: Feb 28, 2012 09:20:26 am
      Sorry to hear that Fabio Paisleydalglish. ;)

Seriously though, hope you can recover soon!

First minute - must have been horribly frustrating.

;D

It always happens to us finely tuned athletes...  ;)

Not done one before... I'm definitely putting it down to age... Different thoughts now when I see someone do one in a game..
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #438: Mar 06, 2012 03:29:21 pm
      I was wondering if anyone may be able to help me. I keep getting this feeling like my leg is dislocating itself. Like it clicks in and out. It wasn't happening to regularly, just every so often when playing footy. However, when I was in the gym the other day, I was doing some sit-ups and it keep clicking and it started to hurt. Anyone know what it may be. It is in the groin area, near the front of the leg. That is the best way I can describe it. ;D Any help will be appreciated. :)
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #439: Mar 11, 2012 05:04:21 pm
      Fractured my right index finger playing Aussie rules so I now have my finger in a splint (makes the computer course I'm doing extra fun) and X-rays have revealed that I have a bit of loose bone stuck right in the joint which is preventing me from bending the finger at all.

Going to the hospital to see a plastic surgeon tomorrow ( for some reason thats where theyve sent me) and have more xrays done but it's entirely possible that I'll require an operation on it. :(
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,345 posts | 1620 
      Reply #440: Mar 12, 2012 04:14:45 am
      Had to go to the physios yesterday had  a trapped nerve in my back not been good i can tell you.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #441: Mar 12, 2012 11:12:39 am
      Ouch Dmasta, that sounds bloody painful, hope you get sorted mate.

Had to go to the physios yesterday had  a trapped nerve in my back not been good i can tell you.

I can sympathise Andy, as I've had a really bad back for the last couple of weeks, missed two weeks of Badminton, Zumba and Gym, much much better now so it's back to playing Badders tonight.

Hope you feel better soon.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #442: Mar 15, 2012 01:07:39 pm
      Had an operation yesterday, they rebroke the bone so they could position it right put the loose bit where it's supposed to be best they could and then put two screws in my finger. I'm a little sore right now.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #443: Mar 15, 2012 04:29:23 pm
      Played the Stoke City of indoor 5 a sides last night. Got the F***ing lumps kicked out of me. They complained after every foul they committed, too. Easily the least fun I've had playing. A couple of great bruises to go with it, including a really painful one on my thigh the shape of a cleat.

Should make my full side game on Sunday fun :(
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #444: May 23, 2012 11:43:35 pm
      Finally got my cast off today after I broke my arm around a month ago. The skin is fu**ed up though :D
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #445: May 23, 2012 11:51:32 pm
      Finally got my cast off today after I broke my arm around a month ago. The skin is fu**ed up though :D

Glad to hear mate. It's always a relief. Just take it easy for next while. The skin will repair itself. ;)
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #446: May 24, 2012 03:43:49 pm
      Cheers Semple
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,482 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #447: Sep 14, 2012 11:55:47 am
      I'm gonna have to get myself to a physio, my right leg is fu**ed. I hurt it training a few weeks ago, took it easy for around two weeks and played football last night and the pain is back. I think it may be connected to my hip, it's the quadricep area that's sore.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #448: Sep 14, 2012 12:00:48 pm
      I should probably see the doc about my legs too, got the knees of Demba Ba, click every time i bend them and are really creaky, probs the cartilage? Don't have any pain in them, just annoying and could probs end up injuring me.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,482 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #449: Sep 14, 2012 08:08:16 pm
      Definitely a catilage issue for yourself I think..

Google tells me I've injured my hip flexor and should rest for 6 weeks....
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #450: Sep 15, 2012 01:41:52 pm
      Had a replacement knee 18 months ago and all's been fine, recently the same leg has swollen below the kneecap and it's giving me F***ing jip. Saw the doc on Thursday and she put me in a cab to the hospital for a DVT check up. Had go the Royal the next day for an ultra scan thing on the blood vessels looking for a clot.
      Couldn't see anything fortunately but it's still giving me F***ing jip, they reckon it's fluid in the leg and gave me pain killers.
      It's a pain in the F***ing arse all right.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #451: Sep 15, 2012 09:31:11 pm
       That does not sound too good stuey I suppose resting it is all you can do,did they drain the excess fluid off the knee.Joking aside you would be no good standing in the OLD KOP with a bad leg,especially with a full house.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #452: Sep 15, 2012 09:56:07 pm
      That does not sound too good stuey I suppose resting it is all you can do,did they drain the excess fluid off the knee.Joking aside you would be no good standing in the OLD KOP with a bad leg,especially with a full house.
      Dunno so much Billy you used to be able to take both feet off the ground no probs, waiting for the doc to get back and tell me what's next.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #453: Nov 03, 2012 07:10:23 pm
      Had a game today in the league and with 5 minutes to go, I knocked the ball past the defender and jumped over his outstretched leg. Just as I was on my way down, I went right over my left ankle. Not sure how severe it is. It's sore but I am not going to hospital just yet. Far too much work to do and I think it will be a waste of time. That said, I am really angry! I had recently started playing a new position and had been enjoying my football again. This will lead to me being out for about 4 weeks and probably losing my place. Devastated!
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #454: Nov 03, 2012 07:17:24 pm
      Had a replacement knee 18 months ago and all's been fine, recently the same leg has swollen below the kneecap and it's giving me f**king jip. Saw the doc on Thursday and she put me in a cab to the hospital for a DVT check up. Had go the Royal the next day for an ultra scan thing on the blood vessels looking for a clot.
      Couldn't see anything fortunately but it's still giving me f**king jip, they reckon it's fluid in the leg and gave me pain killers.
      It's a pain in the f**king arse all right.

Hope your knee is bearing up stuey.  Sounds painful :(

Had a game today in the league and with 5 minutes to go, I knocked the ball past the defender and jumped over his outstretched leg. Just as I was on my way down, I went right over my left ankle. Not sure how severe it is. It's sore but I am not going to hospital just yet. Far too much work to do and I think it will be a waste of time. That said, I am really angry! I had recently started playing a new position and had been enjoying my football again. This will lead to me being out for about 4 weeks and probably losing my place. Devastated!

That's unlucky mate, hope it's not too bad for you.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #455: Nov 04, 2012 02:11:06 am

Can you move your foot about, I reckon you've probably twisted it, is the swelling coming up nicely, done it plenty of times playing five a side, last one was a F***ing beauty! Best advice find something frozen and just keep it on your ankle.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,471 posts | 1466 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #456: Nov 04, 2012 11:13:35 am
      My supervisor had a pretty serious Injury at work last week. I work in a Machine workshop... well I was locking my bike up in the car park and all I heard was a really high pitched screaming, so I went to investigate and saw a few people inside running down the factory, so I followed. Got to the machine shop, which is quite a distance from the car park and then I saw it. His glove had got caught in the roller gear on an edgebander while changing the edge tape, the roller gear took his arm in which pretty much wrapped around it... pretty graphic stuff. Four fingers, hand, wrist and lower arm broken, along with big gashes all over.. I saw them stretcher him into the ambulance and it was bent all over the show.. anyway the boss got us all in the canteen and told us he had his fingers straightened but his arm is worse than they thought and they will have to do surgery on his actual muscles, which if not successful, could mean amputation  :-\

We haven't heard anything since from the boss about him.... Also, this all happened at 6:30am, when we don't all start work till 7:00am so its lucky there was people who get there early to have a brew/fag etc.. really he shouldn't be in the workshop running machinery on his own, he also didn't turn off the safety guard while changing the edging tape, which stops the roller... so although horrible, its his own fault.

This is the machine btw, you change the tape round the back, it dragged him with that much force he actually snapped the guard he was suppose to lift when his body pressed against it..

Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #457: Nov 05, 2012 12:37:22 am

That's unlucky mate, hope it's not too bad for you.

Cheers mate.

Can you move your foot about, I reckon you've probably twisted it, is the swelling coming up nicely, done it plenty of times playing five a side, last one was a f**king beauty! Best advice find something frozen and just keep it on your ankle.

Well, haven't exactly been resting it and I am paying the price for it now. Went to the game today and was on my feet most of the day. It has ballooned out and massively swollen. Going to go to A&E tomorrow and hope they give me crutches cause it is taking how long it takes for me to walk everywhere now.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #458: Nov 05, 2012 01:38:51 am
      Cheers mate.

Well, haven't exactly been resting it and I am paying the price for it now. Went to the game today and was on my feet most of the day. It has ballooned out and massively swollen. Going to go to A&E tomorrow and hope they give me crutches cause it is taking how long it takes for me to walk everywhere now.

Keep it elevated and, as HR said, put an ice pack on it, a bag of frozen peas are boss for this, they wrap around swellings really well.  And keep off of it for as long as possible before you go to A&E.  Hope it's nothing too serious semps, take care.

My supervisor had a pretty serious Injury at work last week. I work in a Machine workshop... well I was locking my bike up in the car park and all I heard was a really high pitched screaming, so I went to investigate and saw a few people inside running down the factory, so I followed. Got to the machine shop, which is quite a distance from the car park and then I saw it. His glove had got caught in the roller gear on an edgebander while changing the edge tape, the roller gear took his arm in which pretty much wrapped around it... pretty graphic stuff. Four fingers, hand, wrist and lower arm broken, along with big gashes all over.. I saw them stretcher him into the ambulance and it was bent all over the show.. anyway the boss got us all in the canteen and told us he had his fingers straightened but his arm is worse than they thought and they will have to do surgery on his actual muscles, which if not successful, could mean amputation  :-\

We haven't heard anything since from the boss about him.... Also, this all happened at 6:30am, when we don't all start work till 7:00am so its lucky there was people who get there early to have a brew/fag etc.. really he shouldn't be in the workshop running machinery on his own, he also didn't turn off the safety guard while changing the edging tape, which stops the roller... so although horrible, its his own fault.

This is the machine btw, you change the tape round the back, it dragged him with that much force he actually snapped the guard he was suppose to lift when his body pressed against it..

F***ing hell, that looks like a serious bit of kit.  Hope the fella is ok, sounds horrendous.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #459: Nov 05, 2012 12:32:31 pm
      Keep it elevated and, as HR said, put an ice pack on it, a bag of frozen peas are boss for this, they wrap around swellings really well.  And keep off of it for as long as possible before you go to A&E.  Hope it's nothing too serious semps, take care.

Cheers mate, appreciate it. Slight change of plan. Think the swelling has gone down a lot over night so not going to go to A&E. Just going to try and rest it for a bit, keeping it elevated etc. Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.

;)

Quick Reply