Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

NFL & College Football

Read 242932 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: NFL & College Football 09/10
      Reply #115: Jan 11, 2010 05:41:34 pm
      ^^ :lmao: If there ever was a better situation to use Anchorman in a sports analogy, id like to see it!
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #116: Jan 11, 2010 11:11:17 pm
      F**k You San Diego

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Good One

Im  a Cowboy season ticket holder ,

I live in New York, go down 3-4 games a year.... I love Texas
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #117: Jan 12, 2010 12:47:02 am
      That's nice!

To be honest I've never been a big NFL follower, but I started to pay more attention this season and I'm really enjoying it. Great sport.

I used to watch it on ESPN here in Brazil, in a time we didn't even have enough commentators for it, so sometimes they just showed it in English. ;D By the time I couldnt understand a word of it (I was around 11 or 12 and couldnt speak English), but still enjoyed it a bit. The sport has grown a lot over the last years here though, especially since the rise of a few commentators who are becoming very popular and attracting attention to it. We also have more than 1 channel showing the competition.

So, as a few friends of mine wouldnt stop talking about the NFL, I decided to give the sport a new chance and I dont regret it!

Always liked the Cowboys mainly cause of it's name, but I also love the fact they have such a huge fan base and such a nice stadium... feels like the Cowboys are the NFL's Flamengo ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #118: Jan 12, 2010 01:30:47 am
      End of a Dynasty? Patriots

What you guys think?
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #119: Jan 12, 2010 03:19:37 am

It's over ,, they had an incredible run for about a decade, thats how long they last..
      3 Super Bowls and 4 appearances ,, Team of the 2000's
      Even if Welker was healthy they would be underdog to San Diego.
      Defense got old. Luck runs out.

Jets are gonna take over AFC East :)
      That's nice!

To be honest I've never been a big NFL follower, but I started to pay more attention this season and I'm really enjoying it. Great sport.

feels like the Cowboys are the NFL's Flamengo ;D

Good to see Diego, the more you watch and understand it the better it is.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #120: Jan 12, 2010 05:28:24 am
      Wow nice one YANK :D Had a few close calls in Australia with football, but never got into a fight.

Only caught the end, but good to see a good game after the on sided affairs this weekend. Most definitely a real showcase of NFL football, and that's coming from an Aussie. I love my Aussie Rules Football, but NFL is just as good in my eyes. Completely different types of games, but both great to watch. Good games coming up next weekend!

We dont have "Hooligan or Firms" not coordinated, groups.  What happens was these Milan guys when halftime came just, talked sh*t and got into peoples faces.  They were starting sh*t with a guy who brought his wife and kids. Took his scarf Too me thats disrespectful. rude,dishonorale and just plain sh*t. I dont look for trouble and like to have a good time. But they were disrespectful to a man and his young family, wife and his kids no older than 6-7 years old.  Thats not right. I dont care what, happens you dont disrespect a man in fromt of his family and kids. Enough said.

Once they had a few pints in them, they continued talking sh*t, not only against Liverpool Supporters, but started just talking sh*t about Americans in general and that they just pushed and pushed.

So me and 4 of my buds, Americans and 5 or 6 Brits from Liverpool, who we were talking with and having a good time with for 90+ minutes at the pub.

Once it was 3-3. After 2 minutes it really kicked off. Luckily they were standing buy an open wall which led into a beer grotto, They tossed a few pints at us, so we just pushed them into the grotto,closed the door and it was on. I got 6 stitches above the hairline from a mug. They eventually ran off, so we went back in, buy then the cops caught the Milan fans a block over.  Found out they had Hooligan convictions in Europe.  We were cited for a Public Disorder charge. No assault charges, the patrons in the bar all had our backs and blamed the Milan assholes. I think they had their passports ceased, until court. They were fined for assault, paid and told to never return to the US.

We left after that match, took the Brits to a bar, Partied till 7 am with these Liverpool fans, they actually took us to an English Breakfast.  Eggs benedict, toast and bacon  and sausage, Which I didn;t even knew existed in Atlanta. I still have heartburn and It took about 3 years off my life. I dont know how you guys eat that everyday.

They were the best, non stuck-up, straight up GREAT guys.  I feel honored to stand. hold my ground with some of your lads, and made it the best 2 days of my life. I wish I knew their names because they gave me a great memory and I owe them.  SO if their reading this, I hope to see you again one day. Maybe a Man U match.  This pub is a general EPL pub its strictly a Liverpool / Celtic Pub.  Generally never had Issues with the Man. U fans or Rangers fans. All Pretty good guys, just on the wrong side.;D

One of the greatest sports memories of my life. A life changing moment. Perfect day.  And to the Milan boys, enjoy your broken noses and deprtation you fucks.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #121: Jan 12, 2010 07:48:10 am
      Patriots dynasty won't be over until Brady is gone ;)

No, in all honesty our "dynasty" period ended when Brady went down for the season in the opener last year. Then we had the retirements, the big shakeup of the squad, and that was that.

But, i still don't believe we will not be a good team again for while. I think as long as Bellichick pulls his head out of his arse and realizes he needs more than just a good offense, which this season was a proven factor in some of our losses, then we can be competitive. At our best this year we were quite a force, we were just to inconsistent.

Just because we lost a home playoff game, doesn't mean its over. Thats media being over-analytical again, and wanting something to grab peoples attention.

^^^ Stand up for yourself and what you believe in, YANK. Top man, glad to see those fuckers got whats coming to them as well. Disgraceful behaviour.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #122: Jan 12, 2010 06:48:16 pm
      Good to see Diego, the more you watch and understand it the better it is.

Yeah, I bet it does!

I still have a very hard time with tactics, and I don't feel myself in position to judge them yet, like I do with football ("soccer"). But the game is very entertaining, and I'm looking forward to next weekend's game. Come on Cowboys! :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #123: Jan 12, 2010 06:51:26 pm

HAHAHAHA! :lmao:

Brilliantly done.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #124: Jan 15, 2010 06:29:15 pm
      Bookies have to Chargers down as odds on winners, vs the JETS. Bookies, what do they know.....

J  E  T  S     JETS   JETS   JETS...
      « Last Edit: Jan 16, 2010 12:09:09 am by RedPuppy »
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #125: Jan 17, 2010 05:46:23 pm
      Patriots dynasty won't be over until Brady is gone ;)

No, in all honesty our "dynasty" period ended when Brady went down for the season in the opener last year. Then we had the retirements, the big shakeup of the squad, and that was that.

But, i still don't believe we will not be a good team again for while. I think as long as Bellichick pulls his head out of his arse and realizes he needs more than just a good offense, which this season was a proven factor in some of our losses, then we can be competitive. At our best this year we were quite a force, we were just to inconsistent.

Just because we lost a home playoff game, doesn't mean its over. Thats media being over-analytical again, and wanting something to grab peoples attention.

^^^ Stand up for yourself and what you believe in, YANK. Top man, glad to see those fuckers got whats coming to them as well. Disgraceful behaviour.
      Maybe, but a QB doesn't make a dynasty.  The Patriots 3 Super bowls came on 4 KEY points. Offense..A good QB and passing attack, being able to run the ball for first downs and control the clock, Defense...Holding the opposinig teams deep in their own end and keeping the opposing defense on the field..again controlling the clock.  Coaching.. Belicheck has lost all his guys. Those Superbowls were just as much about the Defensive and Offensive coordinators. Especially Romeo Crennel and his Defensive scheme. Finally   ADAM VINATERI.    He personally won them 2 Superbowls with Amazing Field Goals. 

A dynasty in football is quality on the field, good coaching and a good bit of luck.  Remember the "Tuck Rule" in the game against Oakland, in the snow.  That was a fumble. It should of been Oaklands ball and the Patriots wouldn't of scored and the game was over.  Its a whole combination.  The problem now with New England is teams know how to play them, they figured out Belichick.  The Veterans are getting older and the team leaders dont have the talent around them anymore. Brady and Welker cannot do it all. They have poor secondary, the Offensive line cant keep Brady in the Pocket and he is the WORST if he needs to run or scramble.  GREAT ARM, absolutely horrible running QB.   No Running Game. They need to work the draft and free agency. Pick up a good young RB, bring in a veteran Safety or Cornerback and work on the O'line.   Without that New Englands days of dominance are gone.

But thats normal. The NFL is great because of its Parity.  Dynasties come and go, every team, every season can win the Superbowl. The Cowboys, Steelers, Patriots, Packers, Vikings, Dolphins, Giants. All had runs and win then rebuild. Thats how it works.

Which is what were now experiencing with Liverpool and soon I think Man. United will slip down and need to rebuild and have seasons of Mid Tier football.  Its just a normal progression of sport.  You cannot dominate forever.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #126: Jan 17, 2010 07:01:37 pm
      Yeah, my point more was once Brady went down our chance of one more truly great season was gone. As well as Cassel did, he still wasn't gonna carry the team to the playoffs the way Brady can. Last year was our last year with some of our real greats, and with Brady coulda been great. But I think Brady going down just took the class out we needed.

All right though what you said, and you know a lot more about the sport than I ever will. But I know what you mean about Brady, I have noticed how horrible he is coming out of the pocket too :D As soon as he was made to move this season, I gave up on the play. Really need to fix that, and then just instill some more balls in our defense! As soon as they got a little pressure they seemed to wilt, such as the Colts game. Great comeback year for Brady though, after a year out he still was the Brady of old. The 59-0 against Tennesse was brilliant!

Watching Favre v Romo right now, Favre winning the battle so far!
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #127: Jan 17, 2010 07:17:26 pm
      Yeah not a bad game :P
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #128: Jan 17, 2010 07:19:41 pm
      Cowboys are losing, so its always good when thats happening :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #129: Jan 17, 2010 08:41:19 pm
      :(
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #130: Jan 17, 2010 09:16:29 pm

Sorry mate, sucks seeing ya team go out, especially without a whimper like today.

So its Vikings @ Saints for the NFC Championship and to get to the Superbowl.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #131: Jan 17, 2010 11:33:18 pm
      Yeah, my point more was once Brady went down our chance of one more truly great season was gone. As well as Cassel did, he still wasn't gonna carry the team to the playoffs the way Brady can. Last year was our last year with some of our real greats, and with Brady coulda been great. But I think Brady going down just took the class out we needed.

All right though what you said, and you know a lot more about the sport than I ever will. But I know what you mean about Brady, I have noticed how horrible he is coming out of the pocket too :D As soon as he was made to move this season, I gave up on the play. Really need to fix that, and then just instill some more balls in our defense! As soon as they got a little pressure they seemed to wilt, such as the Colts game. Great comeback year for Brady though, after a year out he still was the Brady of old. The 59-0 against Tennesse was brilliant!

Watching Favre v Romo right now, Favre winning the battle so far!
      Certainly last season was a Superbowl season for them. They still had a lot of returning players from the 16-0 season, and they could of just rolled through the league. But, losing Brady that first game on the first set of plays, just destroyed the morale and tempo of that team. Every single piece of that offense and every play was designed for Tom Brady. Now they had Cassell and they had to come up with a new Offensive scheme for the season and that was Impossible.

If they can get a couple of solid monsters on the O'line and keep Brady comfortable, then they can win again.  If you compare his stats from one game to another. If he has a game where he has not been sacked, pressured or knocked down, then he'll have a 3-4 TD game. Look at games where he is forced out of the pocket,sacked and pressured he cant do a thing. But, thats the same for almost every good QB. Any QB worth a thing, will perform with a good O'line.  The reason Welker was used so much this season was the O'line coudn't protect Brady and he had to either scramble or dump a 4-5 yd pass to Welker. Which worked. Moss is a deep threat receiver. If Brady cant get the time to heave it downfield, Moss wont do a thing. And you look at Moss's numbers this season and you'll see he had low numbers.

They still have a decent core of veterans. Brady,Welker,Moss.  It shouldn't take much to get them back to the playoffs.  If they draft smart, sign a few free agent veterans, they'll be their in the playoffs next year.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #132: Jan 18, 2010 12:28:03 am
      Yeah, really hoping Bellichick recruits smartly. I do wonder how much the injury affected his play outside the pocket, but he still has never been the best regardless.

Jets have stormed in and gained a 17-7 lead midway through the last. Where's RedPuppy? :D Chargers are getting close to the red zone though..
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #133: Jan 18, 2010 01:01:49 am
      JETS JETS JETS!!!
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #134: Jan 18, 2010 02:56:23 am
      Congratulations man.  I am floored.  I would never have picked the Jets to go to the AFC Title game.  I just never had real faith in a untested rookie QB.  But, they got the job done as a team.  I only see one problem.  If the game comes down to Sanchez and the Colts stop the run, then Sanchez might have a problem. He had an OK game, today 12/23 100 yds 1 TD and 1 Int. Nothing outstanding, but enough to win. However, when he is bad, he is BAD. But I'm pulling for the Jets. I hate the Colts. That team has had too many chances for glory and choked too many times.

The Jets D Line need to keep Manning off the field and pressured.  If Manning is allowed time to play his game he can pick apart the Jets. The Jets have an outstanding Defense and secondary, but if Manning is allowed to throw the ball, he will score and score and score. Whatever your feelings are toward Manning, he is probably going to be the best QB ever. The Jets D need to play 100% all-out for 60 Minutes to win at Indy.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #135: Jan 18, 2010 06:14:44 am
      Bookies have to Chargers down as odds on winners, vs the JETS. Bookies, what do they know.....

J  E  T  S     JETS   JETS   JETS...

::)

:D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #136: Jan 18, 2010 08:23:28 am
      ^^ I was wondering where you were :D Great game by the Jets, shut down the hottest team in the league probably.

Man im in playoff fever, ive watched every game bar half of one of last weekends :D
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #137: Jan 18, 2010 02:55:20 pm
      Yeah it pains me to say it :P

You see Green's TD? The rookie running back?

Saying that, you see Bush's return for a TD was amazing

Quick Reply