Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

NFL & College Football

Read 244562 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: NFL & College Football
      Reply #1886: Feb 02, 2014 09:48:07 pm
      Going to try to make it to half time for Bruno Mars.

Think I'd like Seattle to win.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #1887: Feb 02, 2014 11:33:19 pm
      Finally the game bloody starts! I reckon i'll manage 30 minutes before I gotta hit the sack. If I wasn't a teacher i'd have booked tomorrow off!

Can't believe the hawks somehow managed to bring all their fans by the sound of it! 2-0 up already
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #1888: Feb 02, 2014 11:34:03 pm
      12 seconds... opps Safety!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #1889: Feb 02, 2014 11:36:27 pm
      I'm a Raiders fan so I've gotta go with the Seahawks but i'm just happy it's not the effing patriots!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #1890: Feb 03, 2014 02:57:36 am
      Wow, Seattle opened a can on Denver.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1891: May 09, 2014 09:12:48 am
      I claim in advance the best headline for next season when / if Packers play the Redskins

"Clinton Dix causes anguish in Washington"  :f_tongueincheek:
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1892: May 09, 2014 01:27:13 pm
      Johnny Manziel, my mate showed me a highlight reel of him and he looked the dogs bollocks.

Nearly didn't get drafted, anyone on here think highly of him?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #1893: May 09, 2014 01:31:15 pm
      Johnny Manziel, my mate showed me a highlight reel of him and he looked the dogs bollocks.

Nearly didn't get drafted, anyone on here think highly of him?

He didn't "nearldy didn't get drafted". He went in the first round of 7 total. There was no way he wouldn't get drafted. ;)

He seems to be a polarizing player, he's one of those guys that could be a star or a total bust. He doesn't have the prototypical size for an NFL QB but he is athletic and can scramble and make plays when protection breaks down. The question is, what happens when he's up against guys in the NFL that are just as fast as he is and hit twice as hard as the guys he played against in college.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1894: May 09, 2014 02:02:27 pm
      He didn't "nearldy didn't get drafted". He went in the first round of 7 total. There was no way he wouldn't get drafted. ;)

He seems to be a polarizing player, he's one of those guys that could be a star or a total bust. He doesn't have the prototypical size for an NFL QB but he is athletic and can scramble and make plays when protection breaks down. The question is, what happens when he's up against guys in the NFL that are just as fast as he is and hit twice as hard as the guys he played against in college.

Oh aha my mistake.

He seems to be very fast and mobile but yeah thats the general criticism. There will be players just as fast and he won't be given the space he was at college.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #1895: May 09, 2014 02:14:55 pm
      Oh aha my mistake.

He seems to be very fast and mobile but yeah thats the general criticism. There will be players just as fast and he won't be given the space he was at college.

The NFL game is really built more around big strong guys that can stand in the "pocket" and deliver throws downfield. Even in college Manziel took every opportunity to run. You can look at Robert Griffin and Michael Vick and see that mindset won't carry you too far in the NFL. Maybe Manziel will be different but the odds are against it especially with how "small" he is for an NFL QB.

He was certainly fun to watch in college though.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #1896: Jul 29, 2014 02:07:32 pm
      The NFL game is really built more around big strong guys that can stand in the "pocket" and deliver throws downfield. Even in college Manziel took every opportunity to run. You can look at Robert Griffin and Michael Vick and see that mindset won't carry you too far in the NFL. Maybe Manziel will be different but the odds are against it especially with how "small" he is for an NFL QB.

He was certainly fun to watch in college though.
      We also cant forget he came out early for a high ranked QB. He was only a sophomore.  He will grow and add size. Plus the thought that you must be 6'3" plus isn't really true. Brees is 6'0-6'1". Shannahan will teach him to stay in the pocket.

Im a Browns fan so for me I hope hes good. We have a monster Defense.  Could be one of the best in the league. I think Hoyer will start the season and the plan will be for Manziel to backup this season and then start next. I think its going to go one of 2 ways. Manziel will either be the next Tom Brady or he will be Ryan Leaf.  He will play or burn out. I just cant see him as some mediocre,  journeyman back up.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1897: Aug 18, 2014 04:16:29 pm
      We also cant forget he came out early for a high ranked QB. He was only a sophomore.  He will grow and add size. Plus the thought that you must be 6'3" plus isn't really true. Brees is 6'0-6'1". Shannahan will teach him to stay in the pocket.

Im a Browns fan so for me I hope hes good. We have a monster Defense.  Could be one of the best in the league. I think Hoyer will start the season and the plan will be for Manziel to backup this season and then start next. I think its going to go one of 2 ways. Manziel will either be the next Tom Brady or he will be Ryan Leaf.  He will play or burn out. I just cant see him as some mediocre,  journeyman back up.

To add to that, the most recent QB to lift the Lombardi isn't even 6ft. Height of course helps, but the modern game does accommodate for highly skilled smaller slingers to get around.

My worry isn't at all on his skills and size, it's his attitude. You can have all the tools in the world but if you don't care enough to utilize them, then you really have no hope.

Mariota will come in next year and make Manziel look like a chump 8) #GoDucks
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #1898: Sep 08, 2014 09:19:08 am
        14 - 19     

Dare I dream?
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #1899: Sep 11, 2014 03:06:34 am
      Exploring other parts of this forum as I probably spend too much of the time in the Kop section.
      Great to see an NFL thread. Watched it for a good 7 years or so. My teams are the Steelers and Seahawks,which is strange considering my other 2 America sports teams are from Chicago, anyway...so as much as last year sucked for the Steelers it was more than made up for by the Seahawks winning it.

As for this season,I think with Steelers we'll really improve and show that we're back and mean business. Could be a dark horse,not expecting to be in the running to win it.

With the Seahawks,I think we've got it in us to win it again,now I've said that we probably won't but it's just a gut feeling I have.

To answer the big question when it comes to having 2 teams. If they ever play each other,it's always the Steelers.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #1900: Sep 11, 2014 04:04:22 pm

To answer the big question when it comes to having 2 teams. If they ever play each other,it's always the Steelers.

Then you don't have two teams, you have one team...ditch the Seahawks because that appears to be a bandwagon issue ;)
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #1901: Sep 12, 2014 02:17:46 pm
      Then you don't have two teams, you have one team...ditch the Seahawks because that appears to be a bandwagon issue ;)

No it's not.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #1902: Sep 12, 2014 03:03:34 pm

Liking the Seahawks and the Steelers would literally be like supporting Man United and Chelsea. It just doesn't really make any sense.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1903: Oct 16, 2014 04:26:01 pm
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #1904: Jan 11, 2015 06:52:26 pm
        14 - 19     

Dare I dream?

Next season, I'm keeping my mouth shut.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #1905: Jan 22, 2015 12:15:09 am
      I see that the NE Pats are at it again....
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #1906: Jan 22, 2015 12:34:56 am
      Yep, doesn't look good. But they will probably only lose a draft pick or two.

Bigger question is why they feel they need to cheat. They demolished the Colts.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1907: Jan 22, 2015 10:37:43 am
      They should be dropped from the Superbowl regardless of whether they battered the Colts or not. They're just going to carry on cheating knowing that they'll only lose a draft pick or two.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1908: Jan 22, 2015 11:28:04 am
      I see that the NE Pats are at it again....
      Once again the team getting caught and probably punished while others get away with it. Definitely the only cheaters in the league, yep.

Quick Reply