Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Your Favorite Movie Quotes

Read 32398 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,948 posts | 3330 
      Re: Your Favorite Movie Quotes
      Reply #23: Sep 05, 2009 11:21:40 pm
      Bartlett: "I hate these last-minute letdowns, but I've only just been told. It's too risky for you."

Henley: "Don't you think that's Colin's decision?"

Bartlett: "No, I don't."

Henley: "Come on, Roger. We all know the score here. Well, at least, most of us do. Your idea of this escape is to start another front, to foul up the Germans behind the lines. All right, that's fine. But once we get past that wire and have them looking all over Germany for us, that mission is accomplished. Afterwards, we have some ideas of our own."

Bartlett: "You mean getting home? Back to your family?"

Henley: "That's right."

Bartlett: "Good god man do you really believe I haven't thought about that too?"

Henley: "I'm sure you have. I know Colin has. And, Roger, I have too. We think we can make it all the way."

Bartlett: "Not Colin. He'd be an appalling hazard to the escape. That must be my decision."

Henley: "You wanna talk about hazards, let's talk about hazards. Let's talk about you. You're the biggest hazard we have. The Gestapo has you marked. No ones said you can't go."

Bartlett: "That's true. I have thought about the Gestapo. But if you're asking me how far a commanding officer is allowed to go, or dare go, or should be permitted to play God, I can't answer you. But I can tell you a blind man is an unnecessary hazard to himself and the whole plan, and must therefore be eliminated from the operation."

Henley: Colin's not a blind man as long as he's with me, and he's going with me."

Bartlett: "It's all right with you, Colin?"

Blythe: "Oh, yes. Quite."

(From the Great Escape, just when Roger has told Colin he can't go through the tunnel because he's blind.)

I could actually just quote the entire Great Escape film, it's that good!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #24: Sep 05, 2009 11:25:33 pm
      There are two kinds of people in the world: those with a loaded gun and those who dig. You dig.

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #25: Sep 05, 2009 11:41:28 pm
      And some from the best war movie of all time... Apocalypse Now.

Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
      Lance: What?
      Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.
      I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

General Kurtz

I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies. I remember when I was with Special Forces. Seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate the children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God... the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we. Because they could stand that these were not monsters. These were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment. Because it's judgment that defeats us.

The horror... the horror...
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #26: Sep 05, 2009 11:44:25 pm
      Good the Bad and the Ugly, one of the greatest films ever made!

Ron Burgandy, on air: "So Brick, are you still doing your celebrity golf tournament this year?"

Brick Tamland, on air: "No, no to many people died last year so we are not gonna do it"
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,948 posts | 3330 
      Reply #27: Sep 05, 2009 11:49:01 pm
      "It's all in the hips" (in Happy Gilmore) Happy's reaction is the best part to this :laugh:
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #28: Sep 05, 2009 11:50:29 pm
      HA! I've got a true story for you, bigv... I was at a play and I saw Tim Robbins there. Ihad no choice but to scream out "No commercials. NO MERCY!" he heard it.

I love the whole rumble scene. The cameos were hilarious.

But this...

Brian Fantana: [about Veronica] I'll give this little cookie an hour before we're doing the no-pants dance. Time to musk up.
      [opens cologne cabinet]
      Ron Burgundy: Wow. Never ceases to amaze me. What cologne you gonna go with? London Gentleman, or wait. No, no, no. Hold on. Blackbeard's Delight.
      Brian Fantana: No, she gets a special cologne... It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.
      Ron Burgundy: It's quite pungent.
      Brian Fantana: Oh yeah.
      Ron Burgundy: It's a formidable scent... It stings the nostrils. In a good way.
      Brian Fantana: Yep.
      Ron Burgundy: Brian, I'm gonna be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline.
      Brian Fantana: They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.
      [cheesy grin]
      Ron Burgundy: That doesn't make sense.
      Brian Fantana: Well... Let's go see if we can make this little kitty purr.
      [snarls]

HA HA! 60% of the time I laugh every time.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #29: Sep 06, 2009 12:09:00 am
      Jules: You read the Bible?

Ringo: Not regularly.

Jules: There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you." I been sayin' that sh*t for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ass. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherfucker before you popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some sh*t this mornin' made me think twice. Now I'm thinkin': it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. .45 here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that sh*t ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin, Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #30: Sep 06, 2009 01:18:29 am
      I have watched Anchorman many times mate and knew exactly what you meant from that :D The line is after Brian Fantana says "Where are you Ron?" Ron replies "Im in a glass case of emotion!"

One of the funniest movies ever made :laugh:

That's the one!

:lmao: :lmao:
      Brooklyn Red
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #31: Sep 06, 2009 03:22:32 am
      One of my favorite movies...Tombstone

Billy Clanton: Why, it's the drunk piano player. You're so drunk, you can't hit nothin'. In fact, you're probably seeing double.
      [Billy Clanton draws a knife]
      Doc Holliday: [takes out a second gun] I have two guns, one for each of ya.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8428 
      Reply #32: Sep 06, 2009 05:43:29 pm
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #33: Sep 06, 2009 06:38:35 pm
      ^^ :lmao:

"I heard that their periods can attract bears.. the bears can smell the menstruation!"
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8428 
      Reply #34: Sep 07, 2009 09:21:10 pm
      HA! I've got a true story for you, bigv... I was at a play and I saw Tim Robbins there. Ihad no choice but to scream out "No commercials. NO MERCY!" he heard it.

I love the whole rumble scene. The cameos were hilarious.

Without doubt one of THE funniest scenes in the whole movie. Just absolutely class!!
      justice4the96
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 360 posts |
      Reply #35: Sep 07, 2009 10:06:18 pm
      School of Rock where Dewey finally reveals that he is not a teacher.. but it comes out all wrong at parents evening!
      'My name is Dewey Finn. And, no, I'm not a licensed teacher, but I have been touched by your kids. And I'm pretty sure I've touched them.' 
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #36: Sep 10, 2009 10:29:32 am
      You warriors are good, real good......the best...the rest is ours - The Warriors

Like a finger pointing to the moon - Enter the Dragon

Could go on for ages - think of The Wanderers and Roadhouse......

Leave the kid alone - with a bing and a bang - you shouldve seen this guy man...John Wayne.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,948 posts | 3330 
      Reply #37: Sep 10, 2009 03:32:32 pm
      Hip...hip hop...hip hop anonymous (The delivery bloke in Big Daddy)
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #38: Sep 11, 2009 11:27:59 pm
      Not a quote as such but:

Ace Ventura 2 Projector Scene

Brooklyn Red
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #39: Oct 01, 2009 11:52:21 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8428 
      Reply #40: Oct 02, 2009 12:33:22 am
      For me one of the funniest bit of dialogues going:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HLnxo2VBUE
      Brooklyn Red
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #41: Oct 02, 2009 12:43:24 am
      "...you wanna do a cock stain..."  :lmao: :lmao: Hilarious, HR!

Though shouldn't that be in the Very Hot Women thread seeing how Rosario Dawson is in it?!  ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #42: Oct 03, 2009 10:28:05 pm
      :lmao:

Clerks 2 has gotta bunch of crackers though, the bit when he makes the Lord of the Rings fan hugely pissed off? F***ing funny :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8428 
      Reply #43: Oct 03, 2009 10:38:36 pm

Clerks 2 has gotta bunch of crackers though, the bit when he makes the Lord of the Rings fan hugely pissed off? F***ing funny :D

Three funniest bits in the whole film, the Star Wars/Lord Of The Rings original trilogy bit/the taking back porch monkey saying and the donkey scene towards the end.

Must say though Kevin Smith is boss.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #44: Oct 05, 2009 05:39:28 am
      Agreed. Chasing Amy is one of my fav's, and Mallrats.

"..and sometimes, but not always, but sometimes, i like the idea of a chick and a horse"

Classic :D
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #45: Oct 05, 2009 11:41:49 am
      Three funniest bits in the whole film, the Star Wars/Lord Of The Rings original trilogy bit/the taking back porch monkey saying and the donkey scene towards the end.

Must say though Kevin Smith is boss.

I fully agree. Some of the dialogue in his movies are priceless.

Taking back porch monkey is a classic!

I wish he could keep that series going on forever.

ZOOLANDER:
       " You don't have the Derelique campaign!"              "You can Dereliqued my balls El Capitan!"

Quick Reply