Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Michael Ngoo (Released)

Read 39866 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Michael Ngoo (Released)
      Reply #115: Feb 28, 2013 12:02:15 am
      I like Ngoo. He fascinates me.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #116: Feb 28, 2013 12:17:56 am
      Reminds me very much of Yaya Toure in the way he looks awkward but doesn't seem to loose the ball. Another comparison would be Kanu with pace!!

Hope he comes back ready to fight his way into the first team after his loan, looks to have taken his chance up there with both hands.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #117: Feb 28, 2013 12:21:51 am
      On another note loved how it confused one of the Soccer Saturday crew, I think David Ngog had scored for Bolton and he started telling us how he'd done well on his spell up in Scotland with Hearts where he'd bagged a few goals.

Only for Jeff Stelling to inform (possibly Merson) there were two totally different players! Cue the gormless open mouth stare.  :lmao:
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #118: Feb 28, 2013 01:25:55 am
      Looks like a good move for this young lad how old is he?. Yes offload carrol and groom him for the first team next year.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #119: Feb 28, 2013 02:11:09 am
      he mostly started on LW this season for the u21s.. is he hearts cf? why did he play LW for us, was it to teach he and morgan (who was usually RW when i saw) a bit of defense? can't remember if he had a surprising amount of pace on him. don't think he is the type to beat a winger and run with it for long?

he'll be 21 towards the end of the year. perfect age to make an impact really. also, morgan and yesil are still a couple years behind so i hope fans don't come down on them too hard if they're not in the team next year.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #120: Feb 28, 2013 03:26:33 am
      he mostly started on LW this season for the u21s.. is he hearts cf? why did he play LW for us, was it to teach he and morgan (who was usually RW when i saw) a bit of defense? can't remember if he had a surprising amount of pace on him. don't think he is the type to beat a winger and run with it for long?

he'll be 21 towards the end of the year. perfect age to make an impact really. also, morgan and yesil are still a couple years behind so i hope fans don't come down on them too hard if they're not in the team next year.
      When I've seen him for the U21's he's been part of a three pronged interchangeable forward line, along with Morgan and Pacheco. Seen him play through middle against City(pretty sure it was them) where his power and pace ripped City's defence apart. Think you've been watching a different player Del Boca Vista if you don't think the lad can take a player on and one that's capable being able to run with the ball.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #121: Mar 05, 2013 09:53:53 pm
      Assist tonight for the lad. Sounds like he's bossing it up there. Description of his assist sounds great too:

"The troublesome Ngoo dispossessed Anderson on the byline and centred for Sutton to tap into the net to double the lead."
      real enemy
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      Reply #122: Mar 06, 2013 08:13:41 am
      Read a rumour Celtic is looking at Ngoo. If it's true, Ngoo is making the right noises in Scotland.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #123: Mar 06, 2013 06:23:59 pm
      Hopefully we get a million or 2 from him.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #124: Mar 06, 2013 06:33:16 pm
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #125: Mar 06, 2013 07:03:13 pm
      Hopefully we get a million or 2 from him.

From him? or for him?

Neither makes sense.

He can make it here.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #126: Mar 06, 2013 07:46:55 pm
      Celtic loan a few of their players, if they want Ngoo that's their best bet. That's only if he isn't given a proper chance here next season.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #127: Mar 06, 2013 08:24:16 pm
      The man's ungainly but a beast. I'd personally like to either see him loaned out again next season at somewhere like Hearts where he'll get game time or play a part in the lesser games be it off the bench when we're comfy or a starter in the early round of cup games. Who knows what he'll become with more experience one things for sure he's enjoying a good loan spell in Scotland which can only be good for us in the future.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #128: Mar 14, 2013 12:39:51 pm
      Liverpool FC: Michael Ngoo hopes he can be Brendan Rodgers’ Plan B

Liverpool Echo                Mar 14 2013

ON-LOAN Liverpool striker Michael Ngoo hopes to show he can be a Plan B for Brendan Rodgers – in the biggest match of his career on Sunday.

The young Reds hit-man has already been a big hit on-loan at Hearts, with three goals in his first four appearances.

And this weekend he has the chance to make history as Hearts bid to win the Scottish League Cup for the first time in 50 years.

The Edinburgh-based club take on St Mirren at Hampden Park, but Ngoo is already looking further ahead.

“Maybe Brendan might be looking for other things in his team, like height and strength, so hopefully I have done enough to be considered in his plans for next season,” he said.

“I’m glad that I’ve been a challenge for very good defenders in my first ever top-flight run. I’m still young, I’m 20, and if I keep working and practising then I could be a Plan B for Liverpool.

“They have DVDs of all my performances. Even if they don’t get to the game they’ll see the DVD and I am always getting texts from the staff at Liverpool.”

The six feet six inch striker is also appreciative of advice he received from former staff at Anfield.

“Kenny Dalglish was a big influence as academy manager at Liverpool,” Ngoo added.

“We had a lot of conversations and he used to come out and train with us from time to time. He was always around and passing on great advice. He was absolute quality in training.

“He would always have a laugh and a joke, but when he starts doing the tricks and skills you could see how good he was.

Dalglish also showed his trophy winning abilities at Wembley last season in the English version of the League Cup and Ngoo was there to soak up the atmosphere.

He hopes the experience can stand him in good stead on Sunday.

“I can’t wait for the day to come,” he said. “It’s a dream come true to be playing at Hampden in a cup final – my first ever cup final.

“All the Liverpool reserve players went to watch at Wembley and celebrated with the boys afterwards.

“Of course I wanted to be out there – every player wants to experience that sort of big occasion – but I have to acknowledge the fact that I am young and still learning the game and trying to get experience.

“It’s good to learn off good players and go to big games. You need to soak up everything those players do and apply it when you get your own chance.

“They travelled back because the league was still going on – we celebrated on the way back on the train, we passed the cup around and everyone was taking pictures and singing and there was a bit of champagne.

“It’s not the same as playing. It will be very different on Sunday and I need to step up to the mark. I have a few of my friends coming up. A few of the players wanted to come up, but they can’t because of training but they’ll all be watching on TV.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2013/03/14/liverpool-fc-michael-ngoo-hopes-he-can-be-brendan-rodgers-plan-b-100252-32985110/
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #129: Mar 17, 2013 02:22:53 pm
      Starting for Hearts in the Scottish League Cup final today. On BBC One Scotland.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #130: Mar 17, 2013 02:39:14 pm
      Liverpool FC: Michael Ngoo hopes he can be Brendan Rodgers’ Plan B

Is he going to start rapping then?
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #131: Mar 17, 2013 03:00:46 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #132: Mar 17, 2013 03:30:12 pm
      Or for anyone with Sky, Ch 951

Unlucky had two chances to slide in a score, looks a threat up front for Hearts.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #133: Mar 17, 2013 04:45:52 pm
      This final has been entertaining, Ngoo looking good.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #134: Mar 17, 2013 04:51:48 pm
      This final has been entertaining, Ngoo looking good.

I agree. I just think like the commentators were saying, when he runs with the ball his head his down all the time and there were a few times that a decent pass was on but he obviously could never see it.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #135: Mar 17, 2013 07:43:05 pm
      On the losing side today but he'll learn a lot from the experience of playing and losing in a major final.

Well, major final for Scotland anyway.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,601 posts | 3841 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #136: Apr 06, 2013 02:25:29 pm
      Michael N-Goooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Scored two in a 4-2 win.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #137: Apr 06, 2013 02:37:51 pm
      http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xysg37_hearts-4-2-ross-county-gol-de-ngoo-premier-league_sport#.UWAkXjXJIy4

Second goal was well taken. Didn't realise it was on ESPN or I'd have watched it.

Quick Reply