Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Michael Ngoo (Released)

Read 39650 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Re: Michael Ngoo (Released)
      Reply #138: Apr 06, 2013 03:15:26 pm
      Would love him to part of our squad next year. Think he has more potential than Morgan.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #139: Apr 06, 2013 03:24:00 pm

I was looking forward to watching that match but thought it was a 3pm kick off! Happy for the big man that he got 2 today!
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #140: Apr 06, 2013 03:42:43 pm
      BEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSTTTT

Well in lad.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #141: Apr 06, 2013 03:46:19 pm
      Apparently he didn't have the best first half, think another loan next season would be best for him. But I would love him to get the pre-season to impress BR.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #142: Apr 07, 2013 04:03:07 am
      Would love him to part of our squad next year. Think he has more potential than Morgan.

No question about that.  Would love to see him get some games next season; he's got the aerial presence that Carroll (allegedly) has, but he can also play on the ground, which Carroll rarely showed he was capable of, plus he's about a thousand time more mobile.  If we could get in someone like Yilmaz in the summer, I think we'd be good to go in the striker department, with Yilmaz/Sturridge as CF, knowing Suarez can play that position extremely well, and in a pinch if we have no other options we can play Ngoo, who is more than capable.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #143: Apr 07, 2013 10:39:37 am
      I don't think he's good enough, not by about ten squillion miles.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #144: Apr 07, 2013 01:03:26 pm

Probably, but I would agree with this;

Even if it is as the 4th choice striker, playing for the league cup place alongside Yesil. Even just to see what he is like. He is scoring goals for a senior squad now, so defo is better than Morgan at this stage.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #145: Apr 07, 2013 01:25:19 pm
      Yea would be good to have him back. Still think Yesil has the most potential. I can't see much about Morgan unfortunately.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #146: Apr 07, 2013 05:46:59 pm

You admittingly don't follow our youth set up - you've said this on maybe occasions.

Not sure how you come up with your judgments, to be fair.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #147: Apr 07, 2013 05:51:12 pm
      He has been in the goals for Hearts but his overall performances have lacked. This may be down to poor service, but I just don't see him being ready next season.

Scoring goals in the SPL isn't a great achievement and that's coming from a Scot. There would be a few PL teams interested in taking him on loan, especially after how well Lukaku has done for WBA.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #148: Apr 07, 2013 06:12:06 pm
      He has been in the goals for Hearts but his overall performances have lacked. This may be down to poor service, but I just don't see him being ready next season.

Scoring goals in the SPL isn't a great achievement and that's coming from a Scot. There would be a few PL teams interested in taking him on loan, especially after how well Lukaku has done for WBA.

I don't think he will be ready for many games next season but wouldn't hurt to play him in one or two and see how he does and then let him go out on loan from January onwards when teams are looking for something different in their team to either get promotion or avoid relegation?

With the position that Hearts are in it wouldn't surprise me if poor service is why his overall performance has lacked a little but I just think he needs to look up more often and calm things down. He is still only young though and I'm excited to see what he could do for us in the future.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #149: Apr 07, 2013 07:19:54 pm
      You admittingly don't follow our youth set up - you've said this on maybe occasions.

Not sure how you come up with your judgments, to be fair.

I'm a bit of a dark horse mate, I have seen the odd game on the FC channel. If I'm not mistaken he's the huge black kid, and I don't think he's god enough. Fair enough if you do, I hope you're right.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #150: Apr 07, 2013 07:50:59 pm
      if I'm not mistaken he's the huge black kid.

;D
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #151: Apr 08, 2013 10:47:04 am
      I think the fact that he didn't get a look in at times whenn players like Morgan and Coady were getting run outs in pre-season or on the bench for the Europa League suggests that BR and the rest of the management team haven't been to hot on the lad in the past. Maybe his stint at Hearts (and it looks like he is doing quite well up there) will convince them to take a look at him in pre-season but I suspect the club will look to off-load the lad for a couple of mill with a sell-on clause somewhere along the line.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #152: Apr 08, 2013 11:07:51 am
      I'm a bit of a dark horse mate, I have seen the odd game on the FC channel. If I'm not mistaken he's the huge black kid, and I don't think he's god enough. Fair enough if you do, I hope you're right.

Just don't get how you come to your conclusions after what you've said about not following our setup.

And even if you've watched the odd game, that's still obviously not even to cast fair judgments.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #153: Apr 08, 2013 06:40:32 pm
      Just don't get how you come to your conclusions after what you've said about not following our setup.

And even if you've watched the odd game, that's still obviously not even to cast fair judgments.

Mate if I don't think a player is going to be upto playing at the top of the Premier league I come to that conclusion pretty sharpish. Disregard my opinion as bollocks by all means, but I stand by it anyway.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #154: Apr 22, 2013 09:56:02 pm
      He had another assist in the last Hearts game to take his total to 5 goals, 4 assists in 14 appearances.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #155: May 12, 2013 11:06:41 am
      Starting in the Edinburgh derby today. Kicks off at 12 on ESPN.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #156: May 12, 2013 12:25:33 pm
      Starting in the Edinburgh derby today. Kicks off at 12 on ESPN.

Seems to be playing fairly well so far. Chasing everything down and creating a nuisance. The Hibernian defence look actually scared whenever he is near them. I do have to say though that I don't want him going out on loan to another Scottish team next season, the standard of football is actually close to shocking. This game is a showcase for bad touches, bad passing, awful shooting and long ball football.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #157: May 12, 2013 12:26:26 pm
      Seems to be playing fairly well so far. Chasing everything down and creating a nuisance. The Hibernian defence look actually scared whenever he is near them. I do have to say though that I don't want him going out on loan to another Scottish team next season, the standard of football is actually close to shocking. This game is a showcase for bad touches, bad passing, awful shooting and long ball football.
      What do you expect from a derby mate? The merseyside one was just as bad.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #158: May 12, 2013 12:43:59 pm
      Ngoo being a handful from set pieces, made the opening for Hearts' goal. He's now had 2 headers cleared off the line.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #159: May 12, 2013 12:54:58 pm
      What do you expect from a derby mate? The merseyside one was just as bad.

Would help if it was only this game where the football has been shocking though. It has been a big number of games that have lacked something.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #160: May 12, 2013 01:45:04 pm
      Would help if it was only this game where the football has been shocking though. It has been a big number of games that have lacked something.
      Which is something that we're trying to fix in Scotland. Lack of investment, in particular at youth level, is really hurting the league. The restructure will hopefully improve interest, thus creating more funds.

I've been to a fair few games recently and teams do try play good football, but small and horrible pitches don't help the cause, either.

Quick Reply