Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Anyone fancy meeting up before the game?

Read 227954 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Anyone fancy meeting up before the game?
      Reply #828: Mar 27, 2014 04:37:32 pm
      Met up with Cas and Semps (when he wasn't busy meeting men from Birmingham in shady corners  ;) )before the game last night..

Pair of sound people they were

In the pre match support march choking on pyro

Was boss to meet you last night Jon, top fella you are  ;) hope you got home ok....it was a horribly long journey with just one lane being open on the M6  :(
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #829: Mar 28, 2014 03:56:51 pm
      Saw Al again in The Arkles, sorry didn't catch up guys made the mistake of not going to the cash machine near my home and lost 20 minutes in the queue :(
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #830: Mar 30, 2014 09:54:02 am
      Shall be in the Arkles about 2:30pm if anyone is playing out and fancies a scoop.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #831: Apr 13, 2014 09:15:50 pm
      Big thanks to El B for giving me a lift in his cab up to the ground as I was walking down to the bus stop to Anfield today.

Boss to catch up with some familiar faces as well.

F***ing get in you mighty reds!!!
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #832: Apr 16, 2014 10:15:01 am
      Couldn't find a thread on it, but anyone know of any B&B's that will have availability for the Newcastle game weekend? Have flights booked with ages but put off accommodation for a while like an idiot. Now everywhere I look seems full.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #833: Apr 17, 2014 10:54:31 pm
      Couldn't find a thread on it, but anyone know of any B&B's that will have availability for the Newcastle game weekend? Have flights booked with ages but put off accommodation for a while like an idiot. Now everywhere I look seems full.

I looked a week or so back LL and everything was filling up then.

I can't make the last day due to a fmaily birthday but all being well will be getting the night ferry over to be in town Monday morning for a celebration. Night ferry home again so no need for accomodation.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #834: Apr 17, 2014 10:58:11 pm
       got my place booked but booked it for the week after for some reason!
      Now corrected so should be there god willing, driving from Luxembourg picking up any stragglers on the way !
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #835: Apr 20, 2014 08:49:24 pm
      I should be down on the Sunday for the Newcastle game... will not have tickets though and don't think I will source any. Just wondering where's the best place to watch the game and have a few pre and post match bevvies also?

Coming over from Ireland to York on the Saturday and travelling down with the aul fella on the Sunday morning. Would love to meet a few of you there if you will be out before the game. Shame I won't get to the game, but by Fowler I'll be in the city that day! (if work are sound about it)

:aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :ernaehrung004:
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #836: Apr 20, 2014 09:09:43 pm
      I'll make one IO, I'm there for Sat and  Sunday night!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Reply #837: Apr 24, 2014 03:04:35 pm
      Fingers crossed there should be a few of us there on the Sunday/Monday!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,340 posts | 1620 
      Reply #838: Apr 24, 2014 03:37:45 pm
      I am hoping to be there all things being equal aint been to any games since christmas thats an erorr that cant be rectified but i hope to be somewhere near the sandon on the sunday YNWA.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #839: May 05, 2014 08:57:23 pm
      So I'll be heading to the Sandon on Sunday. Don't have tickets for the game so will probably stay there, going with the arl fella.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #840: May 09, 2014 12:59:24 pm
      Will be around (probably Arkles) Sunday with a few mates - One of them is a Newcastle fan though.................. ...
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #841: May 10, 2014 01:46:43 pm
      See ya there mate!.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,340 posts | 1620 
      Reply #842: May 11, 2014 11:52:01 am
      Wish i could be there with you all today but things have conspired the other way and i cant, have a good day you all .
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #843: May 12, 2014 01:19:22 pm
      We couldn't get into ANY pub around the ground, it was mental.

Went to the offy and got to The Arkles thinking the queue would have died down and they closed the doors.

Spent the entire match watching it through the window of the pub talking to 2 islamic blokes and a Canadian.

We could hear the crowd obviously and then see the delay on the TV (About we seconds) so whenever we heard the cheer, we were banging on the windows to let them know the team are going to score haha
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #844: May 12, 2014 03:10:42 pm
      Anfield was at full on bursting point, ended up outside the Stadium and then onto the garage wall, was like a full-on party even though everyone knew it was the last rites for our title chances. Enjoyed it. Went for a couple afterwards in the Arkles and got served and fu**ed off out to the nice and chilled back while everyone was sweating inside, bumped into Cas and then buggered off to Prescot.

Hungover today! But if we were to pull it off next season I'd consider closing Anfield the area for the day, it'll be F***ing mental!!
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #845: May 12, 2014 03:43:11 pm
      Cant remember seeing scenes around Anfield like yesterday pre match.

Couldn't get into any of the pubs so ended up drinking cans outside the Sandon (even the wall was full)!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #846: May 12, 2014 06:54:13 pm
      Just seen a pic of Mathew St last night in town, looks pure Madness.

This city is Red!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #847: May 13, 2014 01:21:28 am
      Queued outside the Arkles around 1.45 for about 45 minutes and finally got in just before the barcodes were kicked out. Great atmosphere in there throughout the whole match.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #848: May 13, 2014 06:24:19 pm
      Just seen a pic of Mathew St last night in town, looks pure Madness.

This city is Red!

Spent the weekend in Liverpool and got back yesterday. F*cking hell, was absolutely brutal and I'm not sure I've ever felt worse than I did on the way back on the train. Couldn't even tell you the name of the bars we were in (although we did end up in Mathews St both nights). Big hi to the two lads from Cork who came back to Toxteth for Mushies curry (twirly moustache, white shoes) and to the two Norwegian birds who tagged along as well. We stayed in a spot on the corner of Beaumont St which none of the cab drivers knew where it was (until we realised they don't pronounce it "Bow"mont, it's "Byou"mont).

If you were out in Mathews St on Sunday night and saw an Arab bloke walking round in the full regalia, that was us (Mushies actually from Gudjurat but he pulls it off well). Drank absolutely everything in sight, the bars were f*cking brilliant, everyone pretty friendly, women unbelievable mostly, place was an absolute riot. Never again am I going to Liverpool to watch the game and then getting the train back, f*ck that I'm staying over.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #849: May 14, 2014 02:12:33 pm
      I got into the Sandon pre game alright, about 2. The queue was about 20 mins I'd say. Was great craic in there beforehand. The back room after the game was mental! I defo lost a pound or 2 from sweat from jumping around so much!

I pretty sure I'm in that picture of Matthew St the Sunday night too!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Reply #850: May 16, 2014 02:23:31 pm
      We couldn't get into ANY pub around the ground, it was mental.

Went to the offy and got to The Arkles thinking the queue would have died down and they closed the doors.

Spent the entire match watching it through the window of the pub talking to 2 islamic blokes and a Canadian.

Was outside the Arkles about 2:20 and couldn't believe that queue. 

Got into the Sandon about 20 minutes before kick off - f**king nightmare.  We decided to walk straight through and get out. Bouncers had lost control - literally could not move and felt like it was moments away from getting seriously dangerous.  Took me about 20 minutes to finally get the 10 yards out the door.  At one point I felt myself beginning to panic and tried to move out to the sides to get my breath but I just couldn't get across.  I won't be doing that again - although next season I'll make sure someone else hasn't got my membercard for the last game!

We got a taxi in to town - everywhere in town was just as bad.  Missed the first half but we were in Rigby's courtyard supping some ale for the second 'better' half.

A couple of our group had been on the strong stuff so I had to get them home about 11!

Shame I missed so many of you on the Sunday - seems like most of us were all pretty close by!

Quick Reply