Trending Topics

Leeds 0 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Boogie

Read 16068 times
      toradel
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts |
      Re: Leeds 0 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Boogie
      Reply #115: Sep 23, 2009 05:00:07 pm
      I think it was intentional from the monster but i don't think it was aimed 4 his head. The guy was holding him back, mash like all footballer hates people holding them back... I think mash tried hitting him on his arms not the head it was an intentional accident.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #116: Sep 23, 2009 05:11:30 pm
      I think it was intentional from the monster but i don't think it was aimed 4 his head. The guy was holding him back, mash like all footballer hates people holding them back... I think mash tried hitting him on his arms not the head it was an intentional accident.

Agreed. Masch hasn't got eyes in the back of his head, so I thought he was just intending to let the Leeds player know he doesn't want to be dragged by his shirt.

Handbags really. And I think the ref knew this and that's why he didn't take action.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,844 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #117: Sep 23, 2009 05:43:24 pm
      Saw the Masch  'swing ' last night sorry but IMO it was nothing!this is a physical sport and passions run high ,it certainly wasn't intentional because the ref was standing very close , nobody would be silly enough to intentionally swing at someone in that position! if the Leeds goal had been allowed i do feel that with Johnson,Gerrard , Torres on the bench we would still have got through ,after the goal N'gog scored i felt Leeds lost commitment and gaps started to appear ,as many people on here have already said ....we must improve fast ! this sort of performance will not do ! Credit to Leeds though for their efforts .
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #118: Sep 23, 2009 10:29:55 pm
      But you know who to blame!

As for your support, yes it was alright, but seeing aas I didn't go last night, all that really came across on the telly from you lot was "Stand up if you hate Man U" and "Who the f**k are Man Utd" and there was me thinking Man U were playing Wolves tonight!!

Get over yourself though your not the only team to ever been relegated. 

Stop being a n*b. A leeds Fan posting on a liverpool board is gutsy enough. Respect his opinion and have a discussion like an adult. If your here to pick a fight go somewhere else
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #119: Sep 23, 2009 10:37:42 pm
      Stop being a n*b. A leeds Fan posting on a liverpool board is gutsy enough. Respect his opinion and have a discussion like an adult. If your here to pick a fight go somewhere else

Been here a lot longer than you lad, and I wasn't picking a fight.

But a bit fed up listening to this poor old leeds sh*te.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #120: Sep 23, 2009 10:44:30 pm
      Great goal by Ngog, Degen & Spearing impressed too. Babel showed again he's still battling for his place.

Good win. On we go.

YNWA
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #121: Sep 23, 2009 10:54:36 pm
      I too think Masc was just trying to free himself and the swing around th hit the guys head was unintentional (as he gestured to the Ref) if the Ref had felt it was malicious he'd have been booked if not sent off.
      As for the perfomance - it wasn't great but we had back-up if necessary - so I still believe we'd have gone through.  But if fringe players want to get more game time they have to step up.  Carra is one of my favourite players but I'm a bit worried at the moment about our fragility in defence and we've got the Chavs coming up very soon, with no further room for error   :-\

Come on Reds!!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #122: Sep 24, 2009 10:06:09 am
      No doubt about it. (Nearly) always is.  It shouldn't be that way either.  The Leeds fans played their part last night - but then it was probably like a European Cup Final for them after the last 5 years.

Anyway, not had chance to watch the game back on TV yet but I thought a lot of players did well considering the atmosphere.  Once again at corners we look ropey.  Carragher appears to have forgotten how to jump.  Kyrgiakos was the most solid in defending those.

Spearing was average I thought. Could have done more.

As for Degen.  What a F***ing waste of space. It looks like we were upsetting his normal Tuesday night routine by making him play a game of footie.  Even Carragher told him to get the F**k up at one point.

Dossena - also utterly sh*t. If that was an attempt at breaking back in to the first team he is sadly fu**ed. Not even sure he deserves a place on the bench when there are others to take his role.

Aurelio - didn't do a lot in his position. But good for fitness I suppose.

N'gog found it hard on his own, but took his goal well.  Nice one lad, you can happily tuck your cock in your sock today.

The only other thing I would say was I thought our substitutions were ropey.  We ended the game with no striker on the pitch.

IF Leeds had got a late equaliser and we had gone to extra time we may have regretted using all our subs and leaving Torres on the bench.  But we won, we're one step closer to Wembley and we can watch tonight's results with some comfort.

I thought Degen was pretty good. Saved Diego's arse when he missed a cross and marauded down the right brilliantly. Carra is the one who should get the F**k up and clear a ball coming into the box.

Quick Reply