Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Stadium anger

Read 5387 times
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 835 posts |
      Stadium anger
      Oct 27, 2009 03:42:41 pm
      With Spurs announcing plans to build a new stadium to be built right next to White Hart Lane it has once again hit home how far we are falling behind in the commercial and off field side. Spurs seem to be spending money off of the pitch and on the pitch and because of our clowns we are doing neither.

Is there a latest from yank clowns on a new stadium for us? and is anyone else pissed off with the fact that these cockneys can do this and we cannot?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6948 
      Re: Stadium anger
      Reply #1: Oct 27, 2009 03:46:40 pm
      The stadium will be ready in 20.... (roll two dice and add 10)
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #2: Oct 27, 2009 04:12:09 pm
      The stadium will be ready in 20.... (roll two dice and add 10)

2012? Sweet.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #3: Oct 27, 2009 06:24:20 pm
      Wishful thinking...add abother 10 years and you might be closer...
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #4: Oct 27, 2009 07:06:35 pm
      It's amazing Spurs are able to do this during a recession but our clowns of owners are blaming the recession for not being able to do it. I f'cking hate them. They are waiting for the recession to subside so they can get another massive bank loan and put into onto our debt.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #5: Oct 27, 2009 08:12:37 pm
      Well whats new with our two tossers no stadium no players and bigger debts. Thank you Moores and Parry
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6948 
      Reply #6: Oct 27, 2009 08:15:53 pm

I meant roll 10 dice. ;)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,384 posts | 2823 
      Reply #7: Oct 27, 2009 08:19:11 pm

2010. ;)

Even better then.
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #8: Oct 27, 2009 09:56:55 pm
      We are being taken for the ride of our lives by these two f***ers and they have the cheek to dance around in our directors box , what a nerve to make a mockery off our great club and rub our noses in it  .
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #9: Oct 27, 2009 10:17:42 pm
      There was a piece on the spurs planned stadium in one of the freebie evening papers today (London Lite).  Can't find a link for the article but the gist was that spurs have submitted plans for a 56,250 capacity stadium next to White Hart Lane.  Apart from the ground itself, it also includes plans for a public square, supermarket and a hotel.  And a 63-row single tier "Kop-like" stand to try and max the atmosphere.  No official word on the cost so far but estimates are around the £400million mark.  They hope to be able to start using it for the start of the 2012-13 season "with the ground being complete for the following season".  Redknapp was quoted as saying how important the new stadium would be to the club.

Take note H&G.  If they are starting building this soon and it won't be properly ready until 2013/14, then where the F**k does that leave us?

I was talking to a fellow red in work and we worked out an estimate of how much we are losing per season by not having the extra capacity the new ground would bring in.  (This looks lined up in my post but previewing it makes it go a bit askew, hope it comes out ok)

Current    New   
      Capacity                                                                         46,000.00     60,000.00    
      Av ticket price                                                                  35.00        38.00    
      Revenue/game                                                         1,610,000.00     2,280,000.00    
      Revenue from programmes, pies & pints sold per person         15.00       15.00    
      Total match day revenue                                                    1,610,015.00     2,280,015.00    

Est. home games in season (inc. Europe & domestic cups)         30             30    
      Season revenue                                                         48,300,450.00     68,400,450.00

Increased revenue per season based on very conservative figures = £20,100,000.  That's on top of normal profits and sponsorship revenue (and I've probably missed something crucial out that would make even more of a difference).  A whole new player per season just from match day sales alone is what we are missing out on.

Yanks OUT!
      Mr Wiggles
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #10: Oct 28, 2009 03:44:22 pm
      The Spurs stadium looks class if it ever gets built i think there single tiered stand would rival the Kop looks wider and very steep should be well able to generate noise
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #11: Oct 29, 2009 10:44:06 pm
      There was a piece on the spurs planned stadium in one of the freebie evening papers today (London Lite).  Can't find a link for the article but the gist was that spurs have submitted plans for a 56,250 capacity stadium next to White Hart Lane.  Apart from the ground itself, it also includes plans for a public square, supermarket and a hotel.  And a 63-row single tier "Kop-like" stand to try and max the atmosphere.  No official word on the cost so far but estimates are around the £400million mark.  They hope to be able to start using it for the start of the 2012-13 season "with the ground being complete for the following season".  Redknapp was quoted as saying how important the new stadium would be to the club.

Take note H&G.  If they are starting building this soon and it won't be properly ready until 2013/14, then where the F**k does that leave us?

I was talking to a fellow red in work and we worked out an estimate of how much we are losing per season by not having the extra capacity the new ground would bring in.  (This looks lined up in my post but previewing it makes it go a bit askew, hope it comes out ok)

Current    New   
      Capacity                                                                         46,000.00     60,000.00    
      Av ticket price                                                                  35.00        38.00    
      Revenue/game                                                         1,610,000.00     2,280,000.00    
      Revenue from programmes, pies & pints sold per person         15.00       15.00    
      Total match day revenue                                                    1,610,015.00     2,280,015.00    

Est. home games in season (inc. Europe & domestic cups)         30             30    
      Season revenue                                                         48,300,450.00     68,400,450.00

Increased revenue per season based on very conservative figures = £20,100,000.  That's on top of normal profits and sponsorship revenue (and I've probably missed something crucial out that would make even more of a difference).  A whole new player per season just from match day sales alone is what we are missing out on.

Yanks OUT!

Thats a good way of looking at it whyohwhyohwhy but think your maths went a little astray on the program, drinks etc revenue. Its 15 per person. In that case it currently works out at about 69,000,000 a year and with the new stadium it would be 95,400,000. Which makes the whole scenario even worse than you first thought. The fact is to compete at the top level we need this new stadium but with those tw*ts in charge we haven't got a chance of seeing it anytime soon.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #12: Oct 29, 2009 11:25:33 pm
      Thats a good way of looking at it whyohwhyohwhy but think your maths went a little astray on the program, drinks etc revenue. Its 15 per person. In that case it currently works out at about 69,000,000 a year and with the new stadium it would be 95,400,000. Which makes the whole scenario even worse than you first thought. The fact is to compete at the top level we need this new stadium but with those tw*ts in charge we haven't got a chance of seeing it anytime soon.

Well spotted ShanerB!   :embarassed:  and I work for accountants, maths is supposedly my forte  ;D

Just goes to show though, what that pair of wankers are really doing to us.  :f_steam:
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #13: Oct 30, 2009 07:16:19 pm
      One of the first things they said was that the club could not move forward until it had a new stadium. So from 2007 until at least 2012 they are happy for us to go backwards.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #14: Oct 30, 2009 10:43:26 pm
      Actually with "Todays" Modern sports revenues. It takes approx. 6-10 years for a NEW stadium to show profitable numbers over the old stadium. But, when it does show profit it is huge for the club and surrounding neighborhood business's.

Look at the Emirates for example, due to overages and other costs associated with the new stadium, Arsenal still has not made a huge profit from it. I read a few articles and it was hard to get a solid figure. But it boiled down to Arsenal clearing about 25 Million in 2007. Other figures were as low 10-12Million and as high as 40 Million. Still thats not a lot of money considering the club and its standing.

I dont defend H&G for not building a Stadium now, but I understand their thinking.  Its entirely possible that a new stadium now would be detrimental to Liverpool Football Club. In this economy, the costs associated with a new, top flight stadium could sink the team.  First off, Liverpool MUST have a UEFA Elite Stadium if they hope to progress into this century. It would allow for Liverpool to host the CL Final and/or World Cup Matches.  The Pitch would be smaller than the current pitch. It would need to 105 meters by 68 meters. Then they have specs for lighting, amenities, training rooms etc,etc... I dont know the costs in the UK but in the US a new top tier stadium will cost anywhere from 650 Million to 1 BILLION US dollars.

I think its more probable we will see a revamp of Anfield before we see a new stadium.  I think they will not put-out the money for a new stadium and instead add seats to the existing sections, maybe add an entire level above.  Maybe do what they do at the Bernebau and build on top of the roof.  I also think the name "Anfield" will be history by next season.  They may seek naming rights.  If a sponsor comes in with enough money it could be "Virgin Atlantic" stadium or "Carling" Stadium. 

H&G's problem is they are using an "American Sports Business" model in a European country.  The Issues with Liverpool now are due to them not understanding the business and marketing of English Football. Honestly, its that simple.   If Liverpool were to get an ownership group or single owner, who understood English/European Football they would be 500% better and more profitable.  The name "LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB" is known all over the world.  It's like the NY Yankees, Real Madrid,Dallas Cowboys,Manchester United,Boston Celtics....Its an Iconic name and team.  Naming rights and trademark sponsorship should be bringing in Millions a year by themselves.  I just dont understand ownerships thinking and where they plan on taking this team.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #15: Oct 30, 2009 11:03:31 pm
      Standard Chartered can have the naming rights for another 10 mill a year, we shall call it The Anfield Standard Arena.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #16: Oct 30, 2009 11:31:45 pm
      they will not put-out the money for a new stadium and instead add seats to the existing sections, maybe add an entire level above.  Maybe do what they do at the Bernebau and build on top of the roof.  I also think the name "Anfield" will be history by next season.  They may seek naming rights.  If a sponsor comes in with enough money it could be "Virgin Atlantic" stadium or "Carling" Stadium. 

[/quote]That's exactly what I find deriseory about these gobsh*tes.They would sell our history and culture for money."Anfield" is legendary and must remain or we must take to the streets in proper anger.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #17: Oct 31, 2009 02:39:08 am
      they will not put-out the money for a new stadium and instead add seats to the existing sections, maybe add an entire level above.  Maybe do what they do at the Bernebau and build on top of the roof.  I also think the name "Anfield" will be history by next season.  They may seek naming rights.  If a sponsor comes in with enough money it could be "Virgin Atlantic" stadium or "Carling" Stadium. 

That's exactly what I find deriseory about these gobsh*tes.They would sell our history and culture for money."Anfield" is legendary and must remain or we must take to the streets in proper anger.
      I agree 100%...I think we have gotten away from traditions and have sold our souls.    Their are certain things which should never be changed and renaming Anfield to some corporate sh*t name is a bad idea.
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      • Liverpool is my religion Anfield is my church
      Reply #18: Oct 31, 2009 03:03:30 am
      I'd settle for a different name if it means a new stadium to be honest. that's in a different topic though. won't mind any name if it means new players and more cash for rafa to get decent players instead of "catches".
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #19: Nov 18, 2009 07:50:05 am
      I hate the fact that Spuds are copying us. The Kop is ours!

Standard Chartered can have the naming rights for another 10 mill a year, we shall call it The Anfield Standard Arena.

To call a stadium an arena would be ridiculous.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #20: Nov 18, 2009 07:59:37 am
      The way things are going we will never get a new field of dreams,I just hope I'm around to see it.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #21: Nov 18, 2009 08:06:57 am
      What is the NEED  for a new stadium, can we not expand on what we have ? or have things ( agreements, planning etc.) gone too far already , I have visited Anfield and noticed that a row of terraced houses was in close proximity to the existing stadium are they still there could they not be bought and demolished ?.

Quick Reply