Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

AFL (Australian Rules Football)

Read 73351 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: AFL (Australian Rules Football)
      Reply #115: Apr 27, 2010 06:31:40 pm
      We smashed Geelong yesterday and I was there to witness it. Great sporting weekend all round  ;D

Nice one! Can't wait to be back downunder to go to a couple games myself in July/August.

Oh, and thank Port for that - Geelong spent all their energy whooping us last week they were spent this week ;) :D

Still loving the Crows at 0-5 ;D Wish I was back home now just to rub it in :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #116: May 01, 2010 10:09:42 am
      Love a showdown win!!!!

F**k you crows, 0-6 now! Pride of south Australia my arsevu plastic fan pricks!! Woooooooo F**k offfff ;D

bed time.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #117: May 03, 2010 11:33:15 pm
      What's the differance between a square and the Crows?

A square has 4 points ;)
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #118: May 04, 2010 12:24:20 am
      Accidentally posted this in the wrong thread. :dunce2:

Boys team gains Hooters' support

THE Gold Coast Broadbeach Cats Aussie rules club had few knockers when they debuted their new mascots at the weekend, with Hooters coming on board as the official sponsor of the under-16 team.

The Hooters girls cheered the team on to a 77-21 win over Labrador on Saturday and coach Neil Boston said the boys were excited with the extra support.

"It's a family restaurant and no different from Pizza Hut or Red Rooster sponsoring us," said Mr Boston.

"We've had a good response from the parents and players, and we're grateful with the extra support from the sponsorship."

Mr Boston said the global financial crisis had put a strain on corporate sponsorship.

He said each man-of-the-match would be presented with a dinner voucher to the restaurant by one of the Hooters girls after each game.

Bernie Kern, whose son plays in the team, came up with the sponsorship idea after working with Hooters on events for his charity sports organisation Little Legends League.

Mr Kern said they picked them to specifically sponsor the oldest junior team because it wold be 'inappropriate' for the younger age groups.

"These boys are older and some of them have even left school," he said.

"You would have to have blinkered eyes to think they're not attracted to that particular thing at that age ... but it's done in good fun with a local business supporting a local team."

Mr Kern said the only negative comments about their new sponsors came from females supporting opposition teams.

Under-16 team captain Andrew Boston said the boys were still able to 'concentrate on football' despite the Hooters girls cheering from the boundary.

"It's awesome how they have sponsored us and watched our game," he said.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2010/05/03/214025_gold-coast-news.html

I'm sure they have a few more people 'rooting' for them now. :laugh:
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #119: May 14, 2010 09:50:52 am
      Apparently the AFL will be considering playing the Anzac day clish in 2015 in turkey. If it is the matcch will most likely be played in none other than the Atatürk Olympic Stadium.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #120: May 14, 2010 05:08:17 pm
      Apparently the AFL will be considering playing the Anzac day clish in 2015 in turkey. If it is the matcch will most likely be played in none other than the Atatürk Olympic Stadium.

Actually not a bad idea that - and the amount of Aussies that will go over for that is huge I reckon.
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      • ElroyRosenberg hit me up on Twitter
      Reply #121: May 23, 2010 05:25:00 am
      Yes please!!!! Turkey in 2015.

I'm a proud Richmond supporter since birth, and I went to the game last night against Essendon. To say the least, we sucked.
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      • ElroyRosenberg hit me up on Twitter
      Reply #122: Jun 01, 2010 12:53:53 pm
      Oh yeah. Go the tigez!!!! First win. We beat Port Adelaide by 47 points. Hahahahaha BigvYNWA.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #123: Jun 01, 2010 05:09:37 pm
      Oh yeah. Go the tigez!!!! First win. We beat Port Adelaide by 47 points. Hahahahaha BigvYNWA.

Its times like these im soooo glad im not living in Adelaide right now :D My family would be slinging sh*t like crazy.

sh*t conditions those though weren't they? Playing in a bloody swimming pool almost! :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #124: Jul 24, 2010 12:35:22 pm
      Going to the Showdown tomorrow. F**k knows why to be honest, Port on a 10 game losing skid, Crows in good form - but hey, if i witness a miracle Port win then i'll be stoked :D

Either way, be good to experience some live AFL footy again. Got Port's new jersey as a very belated birthday gift from the parentals, so i'll wear that for the first time as well.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #125: Jul 25, 2010 03:28:18 am
      Have a great time on those freezing cold silver seats mate, get a few beers and a couple of hot pies into ya.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #126: Jul 25, 2010 03:32:12 am
      Have a great time on those freezing cold silver seats mate, get a few beers and a couple of hot pies into ya.

When was the last time you saw the stadium mate? They got rid of the silver benches about 10 years ago now :laugh: Horrible they were though, went to a couple games when i was quite young and they were sh*t!

Nice weather today though so should be a good afternoon :)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #127: Jul 25, 2010 03:33:40 am
      was about 10 years ago  :lmao:

I do live in Melbourne remember.  :D

Enjoy it bud.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #128: Jul 25, 2010 02:37:38 pm
      was about 10 years ago  :lmao:

I do live in Melbourne remember.  :D

Enjoy it bud.

Haha :D Well its much more comfy now days ;)

And what a game! Bloody nothing better than a win over those cocky Crow bas**rds ;D My favorite player Josh Carr's last game, and with the win he retires with a 10-0 record in Showdowns! Great night :)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #129: Jul 25, 2010 10:41:32 pm
      Nice one mate, glad you made it to such a big game and you got the right result.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #130: Aug 20, 2010 12:29:38 am
      Finals just a couple weeks away people! Who does everyone think will be making the big pushes?

For me, it's Geelong and Collingwood. Both looking immense at the moment, unfortunately. But if it comes down to those two, i hope Geelong hammer them. I HAAATE Collingwood.

Apart from them, i think if St Kilda hit the form we know they have, then they could get through as well. But keeping Riewoldt fit is a big part of that for them.

Also, though having an indifferent season, Hawthorn if they hit top gear in the finals could make a few upsets - but that entirely depends if they can pull the talent together and play well.

Gonna be interesting!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #131: Aug 20, 2010 07:12:07 am
      Don't wanna see Geelong or Collingwood win, I still think the Doggies can do it but they need a much better performance than they had against Geelong. I hope if the Doggies don't do it then the Saints do, like the Bulldogs they haven't won it for a long time.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #132: Aug 20, 2010 11:35:00 am
      Hate to say it but thing Collingwood are monties for the premeirship. It's their's to lose, let's hope they oblige.  ;D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #133: Aug 21, 2010 03:01:27 am
      Hate to say it but thing Collingwood are monties for the premeirship. It's their's to lose, let's hope they oblige.  ;D

We can all only pray and hope :D

Just found that there is a bunch of teams over here in the US as well, just amateur of course but apparantely its growing a fair bit! Thinking i should find one close and go out for a kick sometime - the closest one coincidentally being the Portland Power, who use the same colours as my Port Adelaide Power do :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #134: Aug 21, 2010 03:19:35 am
      Anotherr thing. What do you all think of these F***ing Gold cost suns? Im F***ing over them. I hate them already. They are basically being carried into the competition on a F***ing throne and being given the key to a premiership in their first seasns!

I hope they crash and burn. There are places more deserving of an AFL franchise, none more so than Tasmania in my mind.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #135: Aug 21, 2010 07:48:07 am
      Not a fan of them. I'll dislike them even more if the rumours are true and they sign Jarrod Harbrow from us.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #136: Aug 29, 2010 06:18:42 am
      i have a feeling Collingwood have spent all their chips in the season proper, whereas St Kilda and Geelong are positioning themselves and will increase the intensity come the finals.

Geelong v St Kilda grandfinal a certainty.
      blokkie
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #137: Aug 29, 2010 05:19:57 pm
      Farewell Ben Cousins!!

Quick Reply