Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

The NBA

Read 107517 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: The NBA
      Reply #115: Oct 27, 2010 12:36:30 am
      Lebron scores the first points of the new season.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #116: Oct 27, 2010 12:45:00 am
      I saw the commercial last night and it is insanely brilliant. Good atmosphere so far, I still think the Heat will win though.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #117: Oct 27, 2010 12:48:40 am
      Lebron is a hell of a defender. Nice block on Rondo after giving it away.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #118: Oct 27, 2010 12:48:54 am
      I saw the commercial last night and it is insanely brilliant. Good atmosphere so far, I still think the Heat will win though.

It is, saw it today. Laughed out loud at the Miami Vice bit :D

I think the Heat will win too, but not easily. I won't be at all surprised if Boston take it, they still have a quality side. F**k Rondo is brilliant as well isn't he!
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #119: Oct 27, 2010 12:53:53 am
      It is, saw it today. Laughed out loud at the Miami Vice bit :D

I think the Heat will win too, but not easily. I won't be at all surprised if Boston take it, they still have a quality side. F**k Rondo is brilliant as well isn't he!

Miami Vice is my dad's all time favorite show. For his 40th birthday we had a big Miami Vice/80's party. Boston are a deep team no doubt, I just think injuries will really hamper their chances this year.

Rondo was a steal in the draft, no one expected him to do anything and he is a top 5 Pg already.

The heat look a mess right now.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #120: Oct 27, 2010 01:03:07 am
      Miami Vice is my dad's all time favorite show. For his 40th birthday we had a big Miami Vice/80's party. Boston are a deep team no doubt, I just think injuries will really hamper their chances this year.

Rondo was a steal in the draft, no one expected him to do anything and he is a top 5 Pg already.

The heat look a mess right now.

I even love Miami Vice :D Dunno why, theres something so cool about that show though. If you look at my facebook photos and my 21st album, you'll see what i dressed as for my 80s themed party :D

Yeah, injuries will hurt them - but i think that'll be the same for the Heat. They lose 2 of the big three, or god forbid all three, for any extended period they will suffer.

They don't look good at the moment though!
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #121: Oct 27, 2010 01:11:55 am
      I even love Miami Vice :D Dunno why, theres something so cool about that show though. If you look at my facebook photos and my 21st album, you'll see what I dressed as for my 80s themed party :D

Yeah, injuries will hurt them - but I think that'll be the same for the Heat. They lose 2 of the big three, or god forbid all three, for any extended period they will suffer.

They don't look good at the moment though!

I did see that on your facebook awhile back....Kwality stuff. ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #122: Oct 27, 2010 01:15:24 am
      Haha :D

Boston looking comfy at the moment.

Did you hear that commentator talking about saying there should be a rule against coaches standing up? His reason? Because it blocked the telecasters making their call, and then the fans paying all there money. F***ing dick!! C'mon, he's the coach FFS, what you expect him to sit and twiddle his thumbs the whole game?! I swear some so-called experts don't actually have any idea.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #123: Oct 27, 2010 01:21:00 am

Did you hear that commentator talking about saying there should be a rule against coaches standing up? His reason? Because it blocked the telecasters making their call, and then the fans paying all there money. F***ing dick!! C'mon, he's the coach FFS, what you expect him to sit and twiddle his thumbs the whole game?! I swear some so-called experts don't actually have any idea.

Give me a break, that is a dumb idea. We should also not let the coaches speak at all! Boo who, for the fans who paid big money to sit there, who cares? They obviously have a lot of money to begin with and it's not like it hampers your experience completely, you just might not be able to see mid court for a couple of seconds.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #124: Oct 27, 2010 01:21:29 am

Roy does this all the time! :f_tongueincheek:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #125: Oct 27, 2010 01:26:12 am
      Give me a break, that is a dumb idea. We should also not let the coaches speak at all! Boo who, for the fans who paid big money to sit there, who cares? They obviously have a lot of money to begin with and it's not like it hampers your experience completely, you just might not be able to see mid court for a couple of seconds.

I know, i just shook my head. Some people seem to forget that these people are actually doing a job, and are not there just purely for entertainment. And thats the thing, its not like the coach stands in place the whole time, and then hes only partially blocking anyways. The idiot, dunno what his name is but hes an idiot.

:D

Imagine Roy as a basketball coach - team would never score as they would just pass it around the back court the whole time.
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #126: Oct 27, 2010 01:27:35 am
      The C's showing Miami how it's done so far   ;D

The Heat are shooting 24% haha
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #127: Oct 27, 2010 01:27:45 am
      It's all about the second half anyway. But 20 points towards the end of the second quarter is atrocious.
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #128: Oct 27, 2010 01:33:08 am
      LeBron really doesn't suit the #6 jersey - just looks strange   ???
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #129: Oct 27, 2010 01:37:55 am
      Yeah, Miami need a big second half here.

LeBron really doesn't suit the #6 jersey - just looks strange   ???

Probably will take a bit of getting used to, i keep looking for 23 as well :D

KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #130: Oct 27, 2010 01:40:09 am
      Yeah, Miami need a big second half here.

I'm cool with how they're playing  :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #131: Oct 27, 2010 01:44:45 am
      I'm cool with how they're playing  :D

I'm not fussed either way, just enjoying it as a neutral.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #132: Oct 27, 2010 01:48:52 am

I'm not fussed either way, just enjoying it as a neutral.

Just as long is no one standing in front of you coaching their team.  :f_tongueincheek:
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #133: Oct 27, 2010 01:52:22 am
      It's only gonna be a matter of time, their 'Big 3' will gel and they'll definately be dominant this year and in the future.

We're actually quite lucky having them in the Garden on Opening night - this is Wade's first game of the season so he's understandably rusty.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #134: Oct 27, 2010 02:06:39 am
      I swear i just saw John Henry in the crowd. He's sitting at the end the Heat are running at in this quarter.

Go you Celtics!
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #135: Oct 27, 2010 02:26:15 am
      I swear I just saw John Henry in the crowd. He's sitting at the end the Heat are running at in this quarter.

Go you Celtics!

Might be, but I will keep my eye out as well. Do you remember exactly where? like how far back?
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #136: Oct 27, 2010 02:41:20 am
      Heat coming back.....pretty much guaranteed to at some point in this game.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #137: Oct 27, 2010 02:43:31 am
      Heat coming back.....pretty much guaranteed to at some point in this game.

Yeah, 5 points with still a fair bit of ball game to go - it's on!

Quick Reply