Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

The NBA

Read 107474 times
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Re: The NBA
      Reply #690: Jun 21, 2013 05:03:10 am
      King James!

That is all.

What a player!
      He was simply immense tonight.  Great game.  Great series.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #691: Jun 21, 2013 05:22:05 am
      Great game, great series, great players but the spurs should have won it in game 6.
      Damn.
      Fair play though.
      Made for some great evenings!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #692: Jun 21, 2013 08:30:15 am
      Ok, I don't know much about basketball so maybe someone can explain this to me.  It seemed to me like Ginobili was single-handedly at fault for why Spurs lost game six.  Why did their manager not take him out of the game?  And he was equally poor during game seven.  If they have unlimited substitutions why did the manager keep him playing, when he was just giving the ball away, threw it out of bounds, etc?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,248 posts | 6364 
      Reply #693: Jun 21, 2013 11:58:06 am
      Why did their manager not take him out of the game? 

Because they don't have anyone better and Pop was going with his (traditional) best guys. Ginobli is a key player for them but was having a tough night, it happens.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,314 posts | 2810 
      Reply #694: Jun 22, 2013 12:24:51 am
      LeBron is just a god.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,248 posts | 6364 
      Reply #695: Jun 22, 2013 01:12:49 am
      Best player in the world right now, but has nothing on Jordan in his prime.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #696: Jun 22, 2013 01:13:08 pm
      Best player in the world right now, but has nothing on Jordan in his prime.

Katie Price??

Never realised she could play basketball
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #697: Jun 28, 2013 04:02:32 pm
      Unpredictable draft right there. Not surprising with the lack of talent really.

The Celtics looking to get Andrew Wiggins next year it seems by tanking next year and reloading with their 9 first rounders in the next 5 years.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #698: Oct 09, 2014 09:03:59 am
      This goes to my friends across the water, I am flying out to New York on the 21st January until the 28th. During that time, the Knicks are playing at Madison Sq Gardens twice. On the 23rd, they play Orlando Magic and me and my girlfriend want to go. Are we better paying a large fee in advance or would we be okay to get tickets when we arrive in America? Anyone know any good sites to buy from? Cheers
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #699: Oct 09, 2014 11:28:20 pm
      This goes to my friends across the water, I am flying out to New York on the 21st January until the 28th. During that time, the Knicks are playing at Madison Sq Gardens twice. On the 23rd, they play Orlando Magic and me and my girlfriend want to go. Are we better paying a large fee in advance or would we be okay to get tickets when we arrive in America? Anyone know any good sites to buy from? Cheers

Hi mate,

I'd say you're probably better off getting tickets ahead of time, even if you have to pay extra.

Even if you wait , and buy from a ticket scalper on the street , you're still gonna pay over face value, unless you wait until minutes before the game, get lucky and find a fella trying to unload a few before the game starts. But that's risky, you can get shut out.

Iv'e been using Stubhub.com. Though I'm not sure if theyre international or not., Never had any problems, and you can get some decent deals. And a large selection, i did a quick check of that game and there's lots of tickets available. Starting at $60 up to $500+ depends on where the seats are. Ticketmaster has em also.

Madison Square Garden just had a complete re-modeling a year ago. The building is fantastic. They did an amazing job. Got this Skywalk way up top that hangs from the cieling and runs he length of the court. And you can sit up there,  pretty cool stuff. Get in early and have a walk around.

Cheers
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #700: Oct 10, 2014 01:34:28 pm
      Hi mate,

I'd say you're probably better off getting tickets ahead of time, even if you have to pay extra.

Even if you wait , and buy from a ticket scalper on the street , you're still gonna pay over face value, unless you wait until minutes before the game, get lucky and find a fella trying to unload a few before the game starts. But that's risky, you can get shut out.

Iv'e been using Stubhub.com. Though I'm not sure if theyre international or not., Never had any problems, and you can get some decent deals. And a large selection, i did a quick check of that game and there's lots of tickets available. Starting at $60 up to $500+ depends on where the seats are. Ticketmaster has em also.

Madison Square Garden just had a complete re-modeling a year ago. The building is fantastic. They did an amazing job. Got this Skywalk way up top that hangs from the cieling and runs he length of the court. And you can sit up there,  pretty cool stuff. Get in early and have a walk around.

Cheers

Thanks so much mate, I'll check those options out. Cheers for the advice. :)
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #701: Oct 14, 2014 09:59:07 am
      Hi mate,

Cheers

Just had a look at Stubhub and it appears they do sell overseas? Have you sued it a lot mate? Anyone outside of the US bought from them? Some good prices on the site so if it does sell overseas, I will use them.

LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #702: Oct 14, 2014 12:59:48 pm
      Just had a look at Stubhub and it appears they do sell overseas? Have you sued it a lot mate? Anyone outside of the US bought from them? Some good prices on the site so if it does sell overseas, I will use them.

Yeah mate, Iv'e used them about 15-20 times. Concerts and sporting events, never had a problem. It's basically a fan site. fans selling to other fans.

Some people give you the option of getting the tickets e-mailed to you.  It's legit .  You would then print them out and that paper will be your ticket.  They have bar codes on them. Most arena's here use them now.

Any more questions, dont hesitate to ask ..

Cheers
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #703: Oct 21, 2014 09:04:18 am
      Yeah mate, Iv'e used them about 15-20 times. Concerts and sporting events, never had a problem. It's basically a fan site. fans selling to other fans.

Some people give you the option of getting the tickets e-mailed to you.  It's legit .  You would then print them out and that paper will be your ticket.  They have bar codes on them. Most arena's here use them now.

Any more questions, dont hesitate to ask ..

Cheers

Thanks mate, appreciate the help :)
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #704: Jun 10, 2015 10:10:16 am
      Lebron again proving in my mind he will be bigger than MJ.

Averaging 40pts per game in the finals no other player has done that.

Looks like the Cavs will run away with the title, 2-1 up now with 85% of teams winning the series after winning game 3.

Crazy when you think they are without Love and Irving.

Anyhow loved watching the splash brothers this season provided some truly entertaining bball this season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,248 posts | 6364 
      Reply #705: Jun 10, 2015 11:35:13 am
      I wouldn't count Golden State out just yet. This series is going 7 games I think.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #706: Jun 10, 2015 11:50:09 am
      If you're on my Facebook or Twitter you would have seen me go nuts the past 3 games. Brilliant series.

Its peanut butter Delly time! Absolutely loving his performances. He and LeBron have been utterly brilliant.

Klay Thompson has been a bit disappointing and Curry has been outshone (but not bad), but Iguodala has stood out for them.

I love LeBron and im definitely on the Cavs bandwagon even though i love Curry and Bogut plays for them. Just loving the excitement, closeness and quality of the finals so far.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #707: Jun 11, 2015 01:25:19 am
      I wouldn't count Golden State out just yet. This series is going 7 games I think.

From a neutrals point would love it to go to 7 games.

They just don't look like they have an answer for Lebron.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,248 posts | 6364 
      Reply #708: Jun 11, 2015 01:38:58 am
      From a neutrals point would love it to go to 7 games.

They just don't look like they have an answer for Lebron.

Lebron has definitely put this team on his back and he has the experience, I just don't see the Cavs being able to beat the Warriors 4 times, I may be proven wrong but I think Kerr will have some answers in the next game. Remember the Warriors seemed to be on the ropes against the Grizzlies and came back to take the series. I think it will be a similar thing here.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #709: Jun 11, 2015 03:33:02 pm
      Rooting for the Warriors as they have been the best team in the entire competition, but a little part of me - loving as I do to root against Lebron - would actually like to see him finally give a title to his hometown. At the moment though - go Curry! ;D
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #710: Jun 17, 2015 05:24:42 am
      Dem Warriors  :clap:
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #711: Jun 17, 2015 03:28:19 pm
      So many people have been sticking the boot into LeBron and celebrating his loss more than Golden State's win. Shame too, because the Warriors are a great team.

But seriously, James completely carried the Cavs. I mean, they played without Irving and Love and he was averaging a double-double in the finals, hit a triple-double twice and nearly got a third. Ridiculous.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,248 posts | 6364 
      Reply #712: Jun 17, 2015 03:42:57 pm
      So many people have been sticking the boot into LeBron and celebrating his loss more than Golden State's win. Shame too, because the Warriors are a great team.

But seriously, James completely carried the Cavs. I mean, they played without Irving and Love and he was averaging a double-double in the finals, hit a triple-double twice and nearly got a third. Ridiculous.

He really could have gotten MVP if you look at it from the standpoint of what player really meant the most to their team in the finals.

Quick Reply