Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The NBA

Read 106861 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: The NBA
      Reply #713: Jun 17, 2015 04:10:20 pm
      So many people have been sticking the boot into LeBron and celebrating his loss more than Golden State's win. Shame too, because the Warriors are a great team.

But seriously, James completely carried the Cavs. I mean, they played without Irving and Love and he was averaging a double-double in the finals, hit a triple-double twice and nearly got a third. Ridiculous.

I like to root against Lebron but there is no doubt whatsoever that the man is by far the best. I almost felt sorry for him and that's something that would never have happened while he was with Miami :D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #714: Jun 17, 2015 06:51:17 pm
      He really could have gotten MVP if you look at it from the standpoint of what player really meant the most to their team in the finals.

Agree. I think Jerry West was the last to win MVP on a losing finals team, IIRC.

I like to root against Lebron but there is no doubt whatsoever that the man is by far the best. I almost felt sorry for him and that's something that would never have happened while he was with Miami :D

;D me too! Hated when he went down to Miami, but have mellowed a bit since he went back home to Cleveland. I'd still take him on the Bulls! :laugh:
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #715: Jun 18, 2015 12:55:54 pm
      Lebron has definitely put this team on his back and he has the experience, I just don't see the Cavs being able to beat the Warriors 4 times, I may be proven wrong but I think Kerr will have some answers in the next game. Remember the Warriors seemed to be on the ropes against the Grizzlies and came back to take the series. I think it will be a similar thing here.

You picked it mate Warriors deservedly took it been the best team all year.

Lebron will need shoulder surgery after doing some major carrying this year,feel for him.

What's that now 2 championships in 7 attempts for him pretty bleak when you compare what some of the greats have won.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #716: Jun 18, 2015 07:27:12 pm
      Made up for Iguodala. Asked to be a role player then to come out in the Finals and get MVP. It could only be him since they couldn't give it to Lebron. What a season for the Warriors. Hopefully build on it and go for the repeat although I can't see us keeping hold of Barnes and Treymond.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #717: Jun 18, 2015 11:15:20 pm
      You picked it mate Warriors deservedly took it been the best team all year.

Lebron will need shoulder surgery after doing some major carrying this year,feel for him.

What's that now 2 championships in 7 attempts for him pretty bleak when you compare what some of the greats have won.

LeBron's 2 for 6 in the Finals. Two of those losses were with Cleveland, to be fair, and they're always missing one more guy to push them up a level -- which is my complaint about the Bulls, ironically. Even if Rose and his degenerate, dodgy-ass knees can play a full season, they're still missing one more gamechanger.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #718: Apr 02, 2016 06:18:23 am
      Celtics snap the Warriors 54 (?) game streak at home!!!!

Isaiah Thomas is the poster boy for the NBA to never give up. He was 🔥🔥🔥 in the 3rd Q.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #719: Apr 03, 2016 06:26:56 pm
      Jazz are fighting really hard for the 7th or 8th spot in the West. I do want them to make the playoffs but we would be going after the Spurs or the Warriors. 4-0 a real possibility haha. But you never know... make it to the playoffs first and think about this later.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #720: Apr 07, 2016 01:18:48 pm
      Jazz are fighting really hard for the 7th or 8th spot in the West. I do want them to make the playoffs but we would be going after the Spurs or the Warriors. 4-0 a real possibility haha. But you never know... make it to the playoffs first and think about this later.

Put up a great fight against Spurs yesterday. So fitting it was Kawhi Leonard who sunk the winner, he is so damn good.

Going to be a big year for Aussies in the NBA. Dante Exum, Dellavedova, Patty Milles, Bogut all big names already and we'll have the top draft pick in Ben Simmons, as well as Thon Maker who should go early in the draft as well.

Bogut has been amazing in the Warriors run this season. So creative for a big guy. They'd be stupid to let him go after his contract runs out (another year to go after this one).
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #721: Apr 11, 2016 12:43:50 am
      Spurs at home to Warriors without Duncan but they've started very well.

Warriors making illegal blocks and not getting called. Same sh*t different day.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #722: May 03, 2016 12:19:44 am
      Anyone watching the Playoffs?

Spurs destroyed OKC yesterday. Aldridge and Leonard were on fire.

Raptors also got through against Indiana. I love Paul George and he was great but Demar DeRozan was so good (even though refs missed his foul late on). Their first playoffs win since 2001 :o
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #723: May 03, 2016 12:21:26 am
      Anyone watching the Playoffs?

Spurs destroyed OKC yesterday. Aldridge and Leonard were on fire.

Raptors also got through against Indiana. I love Paul George and he was great but Demar DeRozan was so good (even though refs missed his foul late on). Their first playoffs win since 2001 :o

I've watched a little bit of it but I struggle to really get into basketball as much as other sports for some reason. I've mainly watched some of the Miami games.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #724: May 03, 2016 12:27:26 am
      I've watched a little bit of it but I struggle to really get into basketball as much as other sports for some reason. I've mainly watched some of the Miami games.

They were great against Charlotte in games 6 and 7. Wade was clutch in the 4th Qtr in game 6 to keep the series alive and then sealed the series at home.

If you get the chance, watch the Spurs play. They are my favourite team to watch. Very entertaining.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #725: May 03, 2016 12:34:16 am
      Just curious, for those that are into NBA and watching the playoffs, who do you think will win?

Only season/playoff I have ever watched was 2014(?) when Heats lost to Spurs. Only followed Heats because of Lebron James!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #726: May 03, 2016 12:54:03 am
      Just curious, for those that are into NBA and watching the playoffs, who do you think will win?

Only season/playoff I have ever watched was 2014(?) when Heats lost to Spurs. Only followed Heats because of Lebron James!

Golden State are the favourites after their record-breaking season but i still think the Spurs will win it.

I love the Spurs starting five and their bench is good, too. But i love the Bogut, Thompson, Curry trio for GSW and Draymond Green has been excellent.

It will be close between those two. Dont see how any other team can win it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #727: May 03, 2016 01:34:14 am
      They were great against Charlotte in games 6 and 7. Wade was clutch in the 4th Qtr in game 6 to keep the series alive and then sealed the series at home.

If you get the chance, watch the Spurs play. They are my favourite team to watch. Very entertaining.

I missed game 6 unfortunately, I think the Red Sox were on at the same time and neither were on TV (IIRC) so the Heat was sacrificed.

The Spurs are crazy good defensively this year aren't they. I'm going to try and watch as many games of the rest of the play-offs as possible, think it'll mean me recording them though :D.

Golden State are the favourites after their record-breaking season but i still think the Spurs will win it.

I love the Spurs starting five and their bench is good, too. But i love the Bogut, Thompson, Curry trio for GSW and Draymond Green has been excellent.

It will be close between those two. Dont see how any other team can win it.

GSW & SAS is going to make for a great western conference final. I'm hoping the Heat manage to make it past the Raptors and have a conference final series against the Cavs. Has there been an update to Curry's injury? I remember watching a game last week where he missed part of the game after going to the floor. 
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #728: May 03, 2016 02:07:29 am
      What a comeback from the Hawks!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #729: May 03, 2016 02:24:05 am

Game on!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #730: May 03, 2016 02:35:40 am
      Aaaaaand it's gone. Cavs should easily go through anyway.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #731: May 03, 2016 02:48:44 am
      I missed game 6 unfortunately, I think the Red Sox were on at the same time and neither were on TV (IIRC) so the Heat was sacrificed.

The Spurs are crazy good defensively this year aren't they. I'm going to try and watch as many games of the rest of the play-offs as possible, think it'll mean me recording them though :D.

GSW & SAS is going to make for a great western conference final. I'm hoping the Heat manage to make it past the Raptors and have a conference final series against the Cavs. Has there been an update to Curry's injury? I remember watching a game last week where he missed part of the game after going to the floor. 

Curry is out for at least two weeks.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #732: May 03, 2016 03:40:27 am
      Spurs are an absolutely fantastic team, by far the most balanced team in the NBA IMO. Warriors are explosive and so much fun to watch but Spurs team play is second to none - so efficient defensively and a roster full of talent going forward.

I dislike the Spurs in general and I'm extremely bitter towards them for the times they've beaten my Utah Jazz in the playoffs... the basketball fan in me appreciates them, but I don't think I can take them winning it again!

Rather see GSW with the title for a second time or even Lebron giving Cleveland a title after all.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #733: May 03, 2016 08:29:37 am
      Well OKC beat Spurs in San Antonio by 1 point this morning :o

Might be life in this series after all.
      art1225
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #734: May 18, 2016 01:38:03 am
      Well it's OKC-GSW in Western Conference Finals.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #735: May 25, 2016 04:13:37 am
      Well it's OKC-GSW in Western Conference Finals.

And OKC are winning :o

The two favourites could be gone in the semi's and the next best in the Cavs are 2-2 against the Raps.

OKC up by 13 in the 4th for a 3-1 series lead. This is nuts.

Quick Reply