Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Has Babel finally blown it?

Read 19109 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Nov 24, 2009 11:37:31 am
      Well this is it for me.

Good bye in January if offcourse all this is true.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2009/11/24/outspoken-ryan-babel-opens-up-liverpool-fc-exit-after-interview-100252-25238789/

Outspoken Ryan Babel opens up Liverpool FC exit after interview
      Nov 24 2009 by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo
      Comments (3)Recommend 1 2 next
      RYAN BABEL is edging closer to the Anfield exit after launching an astonishing attack on manager Rafa Benitez and his team-mates.

The Dutchman, who misses tonight’s Champions League clash with Debrecen due to injury, insists Benitez is partly to blame for his failure to make the grade in the Premier League.

And the 22-year-old claims his progress has been hampered by the “selfish” attitude of some Reds stars.

Babel’s comments look set to be the final nail in his Liverpool career with Benitez likely to offload the under-achieving winger during the January transfer window.

“I have tried to talk to the manager but it isn't of any use,” Babel said.

“I couldn't really do anything with the feedback Benitez gave me.

“His philosophy is simple – try your hardest in training and then your chance will come. But sometimes I wonder how long I can sustain it.

“Many players can play lots of bad matches and still keep their credits – I can't.

“Benitez is not a man who will give you his trust straightaway. Benitez is a manager who in certain situations can do exactly the opposite of what you expect several times.

“Every time me or my agent (Willie Haatrecht) have a chat with him he stresses I can't leave and he believes in me.

“We have to trust he is telling the truth. Saying it is different to showing it. We have agreed to look at my situation during the winter break. If there's no improvement then, I have to be honest, I want to play somewhere else.

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1: Nov 24, 2009 11:44:04 am
      Apparently the idiot gave an exclusive interview to the sh*t rag!!! >:(
      Stevie-G-
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts |
      Reply #2: Nov 24, 2009 11:44:33 am
      Well Ryan,you know were the exit door is,so pack your bags and leave.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Re: Has Babel finally blown it?
      Reply #3: Nov 24, 2009 12:13:21 pm
      From a small piece in The Telegraph today.

How To Impress Your Manager, by Ryan Babel.

1. Do an exclusive interview with The S*n.

2. Do an exclusive interview with The S*n the day before a Champions League game worth about £10 million.

3. Do an exclusive interview with The S*n the day before a Champions League game worth about £10 million in which you bi*ch about your treatment by your manager and your selfish team-mates.

4. Moan about not being able to wear your favourite blue boots because “blue is Everton's colour and Liverpool and Everton are rivals in everything.”

5. Do all that after scoring just 17 goals in two and a half years, at a cost of £700,000 per goal.

6. Tell lies. Like this: “I have shown I can do it plenty of times.”

7. Ask rhetorical questions that no one agrees with: "Isn't it unbelievable that in my first year I got chosen as Talent of the Year? And a season later I hardly play and without getting a proper chance."

8. Talk like you're in the Hannah Montana fan club: "Dirk Kuyt? I don't really hang out with him. Dirk got accepted in the group of the Spanish-speaking players. He is very friendly with them and it looks as if he understands their jokes."

9. Suggest your manager isn’t selecting you because of some long-standing and unreasonable grudge. “I don't know if it has anything to do with my little trip to the Olympics. I know the manager wanted me to stay.” (9b. Ignore the fact that Javier Mascherano, who also went to the Olympics in 2008, has played almost every game since for Liverpool.)

10. Do all of the above while injured.

How To Cheer Up Liverpool Fans, by Ryan Babel.

1. “We have agreed to look at my situation in the winter. If there's no improvement then, I have to be honest, I want to be somewhere else.”

Had enough of his crying and bitching.  This is a step too far.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #4: Nov 24, 2009 12:15:36 pm
      Shocking

Only word for it, i actually wanted Ryan to do well.

After doing an interview with that sh*t rag he can do one
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #5: Nov 24, 2009 12:19:32 pm
      After doing an interview with that sh*t rag he can do one

I maybe should have edited that out.  We all know how The S*n likes to claim exclusives when players haven't spoken to them at all.

It seems this interview is in the Dutch Football magazine.
      http://www.vi.nl/Abonnement/Deze-week-in-VI.htm
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #6: Nov 24, 2009 12:21:32 pm
      "I want to play somewhere else." GOOD! Don't let the door hit you on your fat, lazy hole on the way out, ya goat.

It's a good beating you need young fella.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7: Nov 24, 2009 12:25:39 pm
      Bye de bye Babel, I've defended you over "Injurygate", how ever to come out and criticise the manager and team mates, especially considering our form, recent results, injury problems etc etc you should be showing a team mentality and unity like never be before, you've just shown yourself to be self absorbed Ryan lad and for that reason alone your not fit to wear the Liverpool shirt.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #8: Nov 24, 2009 12:29:07 pm
      Get the F**k rid.
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #9: Nov 24, 2009 12:30:54 pm
      time to go

defended him until this point

f'uck off back to holland
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #10: Nov 24, 2009 12:31:24 pm
      Just read this on sky sports,well it sounds like he wants out?
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #11: Nov 24, 2009 12:33:35 pm
      Good riddance.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #12: Nov 24, 2009 12:36:39 pm
      Just read this on sky sports,well it sounds like he wants out?

Me and him both.

Hope he scores an own goal in the World Cup Final.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #13: Nov 24, 2009 12:37:08 pm
      First off it's some interview the S*n have latched onto and claimed as their own. And as we all know when it comes to that rag, maybe 10% of what was printed was actually said. Babel has a stinking attitude sometimes but in this case I'm going to give him the benefit of a doubt until I see these quotes in a reputable newspaper and not sprawled across the biggest load of sh*t since the Hitler diaries.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #14: Nov 24, 2009 12:37:20 pm
      Wasn't he saying Liverpool was the place for him less than 10 days ago, he changes his mind quicker than my other half.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #15: Nov 24, 2009 12:39:23 pm
      First off it's some interview the S*n have latched onto and claimed as their own. And as we all know when it comes to that rag, maybe 10% of what was printed was actually said. Babel has a stinking attitude sometimes but in this case I'm going to give him the benefit of a doubt until I see these quotes in a reputable newspaper and not sprawled across the biggest load of sh*t since the Hitler diaries.

It's from the Dutch magazine that is linked earlier in the post.

I'm only going off the article in the Liverpool Echo.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #16: Nov 24, 2009 12:40:04 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2009/11/24/outspoken-ryan-babel-opens-up-liverpool-fc-exit-after-interview-100252-25238789/

This link's in the very first post.
      « Last Edit: Nov 24, 2009 12:46:06 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #17: Nov 24, 2009 12:40:27 pm
      Wonder if he's going to back-pedal and claim it was all down to the way the interview was translated again?

When I put 'I want to play somewhere else' into Google Translator, translate it to Dutch then back into English, it comes out as 'I want to play somewhere else'. Doesn't seem to be much room for error.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #18: Nov 24, 2009 12:42:27 pm
      Wonder if he's going to back-pedal and claim it was all down to the way the interview was translated again?

When I put 'I want to play somewhere else' into Google Translator, translate it to Dutch then back into English, it comes out as 'I want to play somewhere else'. Doesn't seem to be much room for error.

;)

Ryan 'left' twitter on Sunday I think.  Obviously knew what was coming.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #19: Nov 24, 2009 12:47:22 pm
      I actually had a dream last evening that he played upfront and became a real force. As much as I want him to go, as he is becoming a liability. I think he needs a role where Voronin plays, that may very be the place for him. Just to give him a go before he goes. Then just maybe we see a miracle.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #20: Nov 24, 2009 12:49:36 pm
      I maybe should have edited that out.  We all know how The S*n likes to claim exclusives when players haven't spoken to them at all.

It seems this interview is in the Dutch Football magazine.
      http://www.vi.nl/Abonnement/Deze-week-in-VI.htm
      No, it's not from that one, it's from sportweek, another one. I've actually mentioned this interview last week already in his player thread. I haven't been able to find the original interview in dutch online yet unfortunately, to check what he exactly said.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #21: Nov 24, 2009 12:50:47 pm
      If that lad had a brain he'd be dangerous.  What a stupid thing to say   ::)

To quote Gloria Gaynor:

Go on now go walk out the door
      Just turn around now
      Cause you're not welcome anymore
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #22: Nov 24, 2009 12:51:26 pm

I meant seeing him give a direct interview to a newspaper over here, so that there's no room for people like the S*n to twist what might or might not have been said. Like where did the Echo pick up this story? It's pretty likely they saw it in the S*n. I'm not saying Babel never said these things, I'm just not going to hang him because of stuff they printed. I don't speak Dutch so I can't tell what exactly was said and in what context.

Quick Reply