Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

UEFA and Liverpool: The ticketing disgrace

Read 1396 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,629 posts | 6940 
      UEFA and Liverpool: The ticketing disgrace
      May 10, 2007 09:40:45 pm
      The more I hear about this ticket fiasco the angrier, and ANGRIER, I get.

7,000 empty seats it is due to advertising hoardings. Absoliutely unforgivable.  For a start there is a huge running track around the pitch. What is the need to remove 7,000 seats due to advertising hoardings.  Totally offensive.

Secondly - concerning the ST with 6 games v FC holders with 6 games.  I personally don't believe too much distinction should be made between those.  Thousands of fans would kill for a season ticket.  I know plenty of season ticket holders who share their tickets and don't attend all the games.  For the European Cup they had an Auto Cup package.  Whereas Fancard holders have to sweat it out EVERY SINGLE GAME on the telephone lines, queing up at 6 o clock in the morning in the middle of winter. I understand season ticket holders frustrations but to single fancard holders out as 'lesser fans' is just not true or fair.

HOWEVER, I have heard enough stories over the last two days about friends of up to 20 people with ST and FC not getting ANY tickets, whereas people who knew people working in the ticket office - magically - got tickets.

I would like to know fully the independence of the ballot.

Also shareholders and CORPORATE season ticket holders were guaranteed tickets.  George Gillet and Tom Hicks decision to grant shareholders a 'lifetime priority' on tickets if they sold their shares was, in hindsight, an absolute disgrace.

Michel Platini at UEFA likes to bang on about the 'big issues' in the game.  He wants to start by pulling his finger out.

I am deadly deadly serious about the next bit.

I personally think that if Liverpool FC want to regain the respect of their huge fan base (who are threatening action at the final league game of the season) then they have to demand that the 6,000 empty seats are used by fans of both clubs.  Otherwise they should refuse to play in the final.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Re: UEFA and Liverpool: The ticketing disgrace
      Reply #1: May 18, 2007 12:17:41 am
      They are threatening action?! :o

I don't blame though. It's a disgrace how they distrubute tickets with loads of things, FA Cup final for 1 example.

Quick Reply