Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Liverpool are to finally start work on new stadium before April 2010

Read 15495 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Liverpool are to finally start work on new stadium before April 2010
      Dec 30, 2009 04:20:35 pm
      Liverpool FC to start work on new stadium before April 2010
      LIVERPOOL FC are finally hoping to start work on their new stadium before April, the ECHO can reveal.

Liverpool Council leader Warren Bradley revealed that LFC managing director Christian Purslow had told the council the club hoped to make progress on the new ground in the first quarter of 2010.

Cllr Bradley also revealed, in an exclusive interview, that the local authority will hold high level talks with Everton FC about its own plans for a new ground on Monday, January 11.

EFC were forced back to the drawing board after the Government rejected a planned to move to Kirkby alongside Tesco in a £400m development.

Everton confirmed the meeting and said the club was hoping to set up a working party with senior officials and Cllr Bradley to move forward its hunt for a new home.

Liverpool council has been keen to keep the Blues within the city boundaries, whether at a new site or a revamped Goodison.

Cllr Bradley said: “We have got a meeting with Everton Football Club where we will put all our cards on the table. I will be there as will be council chief executive Colin Hilton and executive director of regeneration John Kelly.

“We want to make sure that we can facilitate things for Everton FC.

“They want to discuss Bellefield and the stadium. We fully understand they need some commercial support for a stadium.”

The council and EFC have clashed over the club’s desire to build homes on its former training ground Bellefield.

In January 2009 the club lost an appeal against the council’s decision to reject plans to build 74 homes on the site in West Derby.

Cllr Bradley said it was pleasing to see that LFC was on the brink of making a start with its 60,000 seater ground on Stanley Park.

The lack of progress on the £400m stadium is one of the main sources of discontent among fans with the ownership of Americans Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

Cllr Bradley said: “Liverpool FC’s Christian Purslow has told us that the club in the first quarter of next year should be able to move forward with the stadium.

“We have told them it’s time to move on now, it’s gone on too long.

“I honestly believe Christian Purslow has been open and honest with us. Hopefully in the first quarter of next year we will see some movement. Without doubt it’s not before time.”

Earlier this month the ECHO revealed how Mr Purslow was forced to open up the club’s finances to the England 2018 team in order to persuade officials to include Liverpool as a host city for the country’s bid to host the World Cup.

The Reds had to prove to FA bid bosses that it could deliver a new stadium and would be able to raise the cash.

Mr Purslow was forced to make the disclosures in front of Everton chief executive Robert Elstone as they made the final case for Liver-pool to be included in England’s World Cup bid.

Today a spokesman for Liverpool FC said: “Construction of the stadium will begin when the current contraction in the banking industry ends and the global financial markets re-establish their equilibrium.”

Link

What are we to take from this then?

RedLFCBlood
      Re: Liverpool are to finally start work on new stadium before April 2010
      Reply #1: Dec 30, 2009 04:28:44 pm
      Liverpool FC to start work on new stadium before April 2010
      LIVERPOOL FC are finally hoping to start work on their new stadium before April, the ECHO can reveal.

Today a spokesman for Liverpool FC said: “Construction of the stadium will begin when the current contraction in the banking industry ends and the global financial markets re-establish their equilibrium.”

Link

The only bit that confuses me is the part above, how can they predict that current contraction in the banking industry and the global financial markets re-establish their equilibrium before April ?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #2: Dec 30, 2009 04:29:15 pm
      Don't believe a word of that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3: Dec 30, 2009 04:53:04 pm
      Hmm just like work was to start in 60 days.

Heard it all before.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #4: Dec 30, 2009 05:04:55 pm
      Don't believe a word of it, and then if it actually, by some miracle, happens, it would be a cheeky bonus! :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5: Dec 30, 2009 05:24:32 pm
      Don't believe a word of it, and then if it actually, by some miracle, happens, it would be a cheeky bonus! :D

If it happens i will eat my hat. Well your hat, i like my hat ;)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #6: Dec 30, 2009 05:32:10 pm
      If it happens i will eat my hat. Well your hat, i like my hat ;)

I gave my hat away, so tough titty you'll have to eat yours.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #7: Dec 30, 2009 05:52:24 pm
      Can't believe this and if it were true where is the money going to come from, the Americans aren't going to put in there own money, surely they are not going to heap even more debt on the club.

For F**k sake they can't even provide £5 million to Rafa for transfer funds, this is really like a fairy tale.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #8: Dec 30, 2009 05:53:06 pm
      The last statement says it all "construction on the stadium will begin when the current contraction in the banking industry ends".......blah blah blah whose benefit is this for? It's nothing we don't know in fact it's the very reason the project was halted in the first place i.e. the crash in the worlds financial markets.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #9: Dec 30, 2009 06:07:59 pm
      Where have I heard that before
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #10: Dec 30, 2009 06:25:39 pm
      I'll believe it when it's finished. :D
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #11: Dec 30, 2009 06:26:34 pm
      Just been looking at the drawings again from HKS Sports and Entertainment,supposedly work was to start at the end of Jan.Maybe that was to dig a hole and a load of fella's with yellow coats on could look into it and see if we had found oil or gas or maybe Tony Robinson could get the Time Team on it and unearth ancient ruins of an old dressing room that belonged to an old Roman gladiator by the name of Gerrardo.ET TU BRUTA!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #12: Dec 30, 2009 06:33:00 pm
      I love that it will begin when the financial crisis finishes, does that mean they will begin it when they can take out a £450 million pound loan on the clubs back and completely cripple us with interest repayments.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #13: Dec 30, 2009 06:53:04 pm
      Believe it when I see it.

I bet the conversation went something like this.

Council to Liverpool You doing anything with that Stanley Park? If not we'll offer it to Everton to build their stadium.

Purslow Erm, sh*t, yeah we're going to do something with it. Dead soon as well. (Fingers crossed behind back)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #14: Dec 30, 2009 06:59:19 pm
      I love that it will begin when the financial crisis finishes, does that mean they will begin it when they can take out a £450 million pound loan on the clubs back and completely cripple us with interest repayments.
      No one has got a clue when this recession or whatever they want to call it will end, a report on the TV described it as the longest and most far reaching depression in world finance history so it's hard to see how anyone can put any kind of a time scale on any proposal. After all said and done it still remains a proposal with nothing definite in place.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #15: Dec 30, 2009 07:09:00 pm
      Its a great line then we will build it when the recession finishes even though it would be a lot cheaper for the club to build it now.

What Purslow is meant to say is "Are you F***ing mad the poor owners put in their own money of course not, we are just waiting to screw over some Arabia clown get him to build the stadium and the poor Americans owners reap the benefits"

and "If this doesn't happen we will wait till the banks start foolishly lending and we will get £450 million off them and build it then and F**k it the club can pay off the repayments.

"And worst case scenario and it all goes belly and Liverpool go bust what do we give a F**k we will write it all off on the club, we can't lose really"
      That is what Purslow meant to say
      danielevans
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts | -4 
      Reply #16: Dec 30, 2009 07:46:00 pm
      Sounds like April fool's day has come early if you ask me.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #17: Dec 30, 2009 09:25:01 pm
      After all said and done it still remains a proposal with nothing definite in place.

Nail on the head that for me stuey.

I heard the interview from Warren Bradley this morning when I was on my way to work. It was clear to me that he was 'confident on Purslow's word' that work will start at the end of the next quarter.

Just like RedLFCBlood pointed out, I'm pretty sure Purslow doesn't know exactly when the balance of the global financial markets will equal out. Yet that's what an official LFC spokesperson indicated today about when work will start.

The thing for me about this, is this time it's Warren Bradley being told what he wants to hear, and not the fans. The club's already been down that route with us and been made to look like pathetic liars.

We shall see. F**k knows what's going on behind closed doors at our club.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #18: Dec 30, 2009 09:29:57 pm
      If i had a penny for every time i had heard this story, id have enough to F***ing build the stadium myself ::)

Believe it when i see Torres scoring in it.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #19: Dec 30, 2009 09:37:51 pm
      He doesnt specify what amount of work though. He could just put a sign in the ground that says "Stadium comin ere inabit!"
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #20: Dec 31, 2009 02:55:48 am
      Purslow will be off to B&Q next week to buy a new spade!!
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #21: Dec 31, 2009 03:11:19 am
      A new report by the Huyton and Prescot reporter

The word on the streets is that Hicks and Gillete have invested in an old field where Steven Gerrard learned his trade, They are to dig up a trench about 400 yards by 800 yards, put a spazzy fence around it and tell everybody it will be a massive new stadium.

Hicks grandson has revealed privatly in the local put where he was welcomed when he said he would get the rounds in that "its going to take ten years to get the lawn mowed, he also revealed local YTS construction students would contribute to most of the building do to the credit crunch, he went on "Prescot cables stadium will be airlifted via apachie helecopter to the region, as a temporary measure while anfield is concreted over, to make way for a residential home" he added " We will not be outdone by Wigan Warriors, we will have the best stadium in the area".

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #22: Dec 31, 2009 06:30:57 am

The word on the streets is that Hicks and Gillete have invested in an old field where Steven Gerrard learned his trade, They are to dig up a trench about 400 yards by 800 yards, put a spazzy fence around it and tell everybody it will be a massive new stadium.

Hicks grandson has revealed privatly in the local put where he was welcomed when he said he would get the rounds in that "its going to take ten years to get the lawn mowed, he also revealed local YTS construction students would contribute to most of the building do to the credit crunch, he went on "Prescot cables stadium will be airlifted via apachie helecopter to the region, as a temporary measure while anfield is concreted over, to make way for a residential home" he added " We will not be outdone by Wigan Warriors, we will have the best stadium in the area".

:lmao:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #23: Dec 31, 2009 10:33:36 am

Where's your link Robby?

:lmao: Love it mate.

The only thing I can take from that article is that Purslow laid out the financial details to the World Cup bid team and they were confident enough that we will have something there.

Just a shame that the hierarchy at our club isn't confident enough to just spit it out to it's fans. Be straight with us, for f**k's sake.

I will also believe it when I see our players crossing the touchline for our first game there.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #24: Dec 31, 2009 01:51:45 pm

Council to Liverpool You doing anything with that Stanley Park? If not we'll offer it to Everton to build their stadium.

Purslow Erm, sh*t, yeah we're going to do something with it. Dead soon as well. (Fingers crossed behind back)

Reckon thats pretty f***in close to verbatim.

Council says right you lot were building a joint stadium next year and putting a Marks and Spensers at anfield with an Aldi
      at evertons ground.

Purslow.... well i like the sound of the aldi but no way im sitting in purple seats
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #25: Dec 31, 2009 03:29:57 pm

Just like RedLFCBlood pointed out, I'm pretty sure Purslow doesn't know exactly when the balance of the global financial markets will equal out. Yet that's what an official LFC spokesperson indicated today about when work will start.

That is the very reason the statement is bollocks because the greatest financial advisers have no idea at what stage the markets will even up - let alone make any significant gains. It is just speculation on his part....speculation -  the very conduct that got the markets into the state it's in people making unsubstantiated assumptions about the stock markets volatility.
      « Last Edit: Dec 31, 2009 03:39:58 pm by stuey »
      artc
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Liverpools new stadium to start April 2010
      Reply #26: Dec 31, 2009 03:45:14 pm
      Warren Bradley told the BBC today that Liverpools new stadium is to start in April, it will be 60,000 capacity and will cost between £350 - 400 million, Liverpool have said that they will secure the finance between Jan & Mar 2010. Do we believe it or is it just to keep us off the 'Yanks' backs for the rest of the season. Let's hope that it's true, because we certainly need the extra money that nearly 15,000 seats will bring us, but should we have gone for 70,000?
      I know we have heard it all before, but, this sounds like the real deal, do you believe it will happen?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #27: Dec 31, 2009 04:53:07 pm
      do you believe it will happen?

In all honesty, no - at least not in a month or two anyway.

But then, belief and hope are two different things.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #28: Dec 31, 2009 05:04:26 pm
      Biggest lot of crap I've heard for a long time.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #29: Jan 08, 2010 01:33:48 pm

I can't stop laughing at that :D

Get the yanks out and someone in that will build it now :)

Get DIC back in contention, maybe they'll build the biggest stadium in England.. just like they've built the biggest damn building in the world :P
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #30: Jan 08, 2010 05:10:27 pm
      I can't stop laughing at that :D

Get the yanks out and someone in that will build it now :)

Get DIC back in contention, maybe they'll build the biggest stadium in England.. just like they've built the biggest damn building in the world :P

They really haven't got as much money as people make out.

Probably have a fair amount more than the two tw*ts we have in charge though.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #31: Jan 08, 2010 05:33:49 pm
      They really haven't got as much money as people make out.

Probably have a fair amount more than the two tw*ts we have in charge though.
      You're probably right Res and they're looking at holding on to it which is why they won't go near the yanks nor will any business institution.
      The way the markets are right now and the debt the Americans have saddled the club with make acquiring control even part control an unattractive prospect - it seems that Gilletts' recent tour of Asia seeking to enlist partial ownership was a complete failure. They cannot be oblivious to the fact that their conduct is connected to the lack of interest so it is a complete mystery why they allow the situation to continue.

No doubt the plan was that any proposed takeover of the club would be discouraged by the debt issue and this has succeeded admirably but any assistance required with a share issue has also been kicked into touch, another sign of the owners lack of expedience and foresight which again impacts on the club.
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2010 06:09:35 pm by stuey »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #32: Jan 08, 2010 06:25:51 pm
      I was having a crap this morning, when suddenly this April business popped into my head, why I do not know, but I have a thought, do you think the statement has anything to do with the World Cup Bid?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #33: Jan 08, 2010 06:35:43 pm
      I was having a crap this morning, when suddenly this April business popped into my head, why I do not know, but I have a thought, do you think the statement has anything to do with the World Cup Bid?
      How do ya mean mate?
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #34: Jan 08, 2010 06:42:26 pm

Too much information and not enough information all in one post Stuey. :f_whistle:
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #35: Jan 08, 2010 06:44:30 pm
      I doubt they'll start on time, if it's propose to cost 400 mill, that's just more debt for the club because we all know they have the money but won't put in their own to fund the club's expansion.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #36: Jan 08, 2010 08:46:36 pm

I guess you are not enquiring about my constitutional.

Well. We have been picked as a host city/ground. I guess there is some "fine print" that we must have the new ground up and running by 2018, and certainly start the build by the time the Host Nation is picked, thus a start to build is needed. And April is the New Finacal year.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #37: Jan 09, 2010 11:51:57 am

Too much information and not enough information all in one post Stuey. :f_whistle:
      Had some really profound contemplations meself Joey whilst taking an Eartha Kitt, in this chaotic world it's about the only place you're guaranteed solitude.
      « Last Edit: Jan 09, 2010 03:12:35 pm by stuey »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #38: Jan 09, 2010 03:28:58 pm
      I guess you are not enquiring about my constitutional.

Well. We have been picked as a host city/ground. I guess there is some "fine print" that we must have the new ground up and running by 2018, and certainly start the build by the time the Host Nation is picked, thus a start to build is needed. And April is the New Finacal year.
      Some really lucid reasoning there mate see what I'm saying about deliberating in the bog.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #39: Jan 11, 2010 10:02:39 am
      If they wont even stump up the cash to clear around the grounds for a game they must be clinging on for investment in April
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #40: Jan 11, 2010 12:29:06 pm

Most definitely.

Just hope they follow it up by actually starting it.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #41: Feb 20, 2010 06:27:22 pm
      The stadium should have at least been started by now.

Croke Park in Dublin took 10 years to rebuild by doing one stand at a time when they raised the money for each one, i would have liked to have seen the foundations in place at least for the new stands by now.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #42: Feb 21, 2010 11:10:11 am
      The stadium should have at least been started by now.

Croke Park in Dublin took 10 years to rebuild by doing one stand at a time when they raised the money for each one, I would have liked to have seen the foundations in place at least for the new stands by now.

Not quiet correct. They built one stand at a time so they would be able to have a high capacity for the all Ireland finals. At no stage was it below 60000
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #43: Feb 21, 2010 05:08:04 pm
      Any updates on whether this is actually happening any time soon?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #44: Mar 15, 2010 10:01:38 am
      Any updates on whether this is actually happening any time soon?

Probably if the "new investment" is true.

On a more serious note, I took a sh*t today and it looked awfully like Hicks ???
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #45: Mar 15, 2010 11:46:48 am
      They have just over 2 weeks.

They can run to the hardware store and purchase a few shovels and throw them on Stanley Park it will probably buy them enough time until the "next phase" in 2015.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #46: Mar 15, 2010 01:12:26 pm
      Buy up the bordered up houses around the ground and expand Anfield. Cant understand whythis is not an option. Its cheaper then building a new stadium and would be more beneficial to the area aroiund the ground
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #47: Mar 15, 2010 03:44:42 pm
      Buy up the bordered up houses around the ground and expand Anfield. Cant understand whythis is not an option. Its cheaper then building a new stadium and would be more beneficial to the area aroiund the ground
      Brian that would be the best option and it would mean us not leaving our spiritual home.Why wont they consider this option.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #48: Mar 15, 2010 04:14:50 pm
      Probably as they want to build the stadium then sell Anfield for an extortionate fee to recoup money.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #49: Mar 15, 2010 04:55:57 pm

From what I gather it isn't cheaper.  They'd have to demolish all four sides in any case - and as far as I'm aware - that may present a problem for attending football games.

It would just be a nightmare really and 'cost' far more in terms of gate receipts anyway.  It's not just that though - it's roads, car parking etc for a much bigger ground.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #50: Mar 15, 2010 05:02:08 pm
      The way attendances are along with clubs financial restraints why not just rebuild the main stand. Its the only stand that hasn't been redeveloped and OK we would lose 12,000 or so seats while the work was being carried out but if we could add 10,000 to that side and take the capacity up to 55,000.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #51: Mar 17, 2010 02:01:23 pm
      Potentially 2 weeks for them to start building by the way.

Wonder if what they said was true? :roll: Probably not.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #52: Mar 17, 2010 02:14:47 pm
      The way attendances are along with clubs financial restraints why not just rebuild the main stand. Its the only stand that hasn't been redeveloped and OK we would lose 12,000 or so seats while the work was being carried out but if we could add 10,000 to that side and take the capacity up to 55,000.
      It's said to be not a feasible project, building a new arena is considered the best long term concept.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #53: Mar 29, 2010 07:34:52 am
      Not long left.

Tick tock Mr Purslow. Would love to see you explain this one. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #54: Mar 29, 2010 08:05:40 am
      Reports said he was delaying the deadline date in which he would like to receive offers for a buyout. I would think, if true, this would be the basis for that excuse.

'We're listening to interested parties before we commit.' Or something along those lines.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #55: Mar 29, 2010 08:12:30 am
      yeah read that. wont be starting in april now
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #56: May 13, 2010 12:51:58 pm
      Is there been any news on this. if its started or not who ever stays near Stanley Park any chance of nipping over to check if there is anythig going on. ?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #57: May 13, 2010 02:01:24 pm
      Is there been any news on this. if its started or not who ever stays near Stanley Park any chance of nipping over to check if there is anythig going on. ?

Yes there is grass is and shrubs are growing.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #58: May 13, 2010 02:27:02 pm
      They have erected a fence and thrown a few sheep in and put up signs saying Leisure Centre for the male Welsh band of the lfc supporters group.  :f_tongueincheek:
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      Reply #59: May 13, 2010 02:41:53 pm
      Haha good one ;D so i guess nothen has started yet.

They have erected a fence and thrown a few sheep in and put up signs saying Leisure Centre for the male Welsh band of the lfc supporters group.  :f_tongueincheek:
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #60: May 13, 2010 04:49:59 pm
      Haha good one ;D so I guess nothen has started yet.

Have you been hiding under a rock?

Nothing is going to start whilst we have the current owners and also whilst the takeover stuff is going on for obvious reasons.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #61: May 16, 2010 09:37:30 am

Put it this way. I'm helping out on a sponsored walk around Stanley Park today. You can still drive in to the Vernon Sangster and park up. That's how much progress has been made.

Makes me F***ing sick.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #62: May 16, 2010 08:15:10 pm
      Did the Manchester 10K today, Ran past the Theatre of Screams, or should that be Theater?  :f_tongueincheek:

Any way I said to my self, WE should have a ground as big as this, but because of the clowns we have as "Custodians" we don't....
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      Reply #63: May 25, 2010 04:48:56 pm
      Face it we will not move from Anfield any time soon i think it will take another 2years to get started and 2 years to build.

Quick Reply