Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Milan Jovanovic (Liverpool -> Anderlect)

Read 101019 times
      dave09
      • Forum Neil Ruddock
      • Started Topic

• 153 posts | -1 
      Milan Jovanovic (Liverpool -> Anderlect)
      Jan 05, 2010 11:15:12 pm
      Here is another free transfer saying we are interested in signing him.

Jovanovic keeps his options open
      Milan Jovanovic has vowed to stay at Standard Liege until the summer before considering the best move for his career.

The Serbian forward will be a free agent at the end of the season and speculation has suggested Liege could be tempted to sell him this month.

AC Milan are understood to be interested in signing Jovanovic, while the player claims Liverpool and "another big European club" are also chasing him.

The 28-year-old maintains that stories of an agreement with Milan are premature as he does not want to make a decision on his future just yet.

"I will be a Standard player until June," Jovanovic insisted.

"News that I have already said yes to AC Milan are not correct. I am still waiting, I haven't decided.

"Also because AC Milan are not the only club interested in me. There is also Liverpool and another big European club.

"I repeat - my options are still very open."

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8698_5833862,00.html

« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2020 08:06:20 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Re: milan jovanovic
      Reply #1: Jan 05, 2010 11:26:27 pm
      If we get linked to anymore cut price or free transfer players Im going to get as depressed as a blue nose.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2: Jan 06, 2010 07:49:59 am
      If we get linked to anymore cut price or free transfer players Im going to get as depressed as a blue nose.

Hes a top young talent. Because the word free goes before the transfer it doesnt mean that hes crap!
      gironda
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts | -1 
      Reply #3: Jan 06, 2010 07:56:12 am
      Hes a top young talent. Because the word free goes before the transfer it doesnt mean that hes crap!

I wouldn't call 28 young....
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #4: Jan 06, 2010 08:06:18 am
      that old eh! Looks younger the lucky ba**ard. Still well worth signing on a free and his wages would hardly be that high either. Beggars cant be choosers and at the minute were beggars!
      jopotuza2
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Re: Milan Jovanovic (Standard Liege)
      Reply #5: Jan 06, 2010 11:59:56 am
      Him and Torres would be the perfect partnership with amont of goals.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #6: Jan 06, 2010 12:23:30 pm
      Jovanovic keeps his options open
      "Also because AC Milan are not the only club interested in me. There is also Liverpool and another big European club.
      If you've already named two of the teams why would you not name the third instead of saying "and another big European club"? Unless naming them might make them pull out of the deal perhaps?
      dave09
      • Forum Neil Ruddock
      • Started Topic

• 153 posts | -1 
      Reply #7: Jan 09, 2010 01:43:02 am
      i thought he was 29,i just think we are getting lnked to every free transfer,ballack and j.cole will be next,oh and maybe even gary neville
      gironda
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts | -1 
      Reply #8: Jan 09, 2010 12:26:40 pm
      Well, certainly wouldn't mind Joe COle for free.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #9: Jan 09, 2010 01:56:40 pm
      Jovanovic isn't anywhere near Liverpool level.
      KOPMKD
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts |
      Reply #10: Jan 19, 2010 08:23:28 pm
      Our representatives were in Belgium yesterday,holding secret talks with Jovanovic and his agent.I've got this information from Serbian newspapaer today,they say it's possible that he will become our player within 2 days.Well,I would  love to see him in our red shirt,he's not another Torres,but definetly better than Kuyt or Ngog upfront ;)
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #11: Jan 19, 2010 08:28:21 pm
      Our representatives were in Belgium yesterday,holding secret talks with Jovanovic and his agent.I've got this information from Serbian newspapaer today,they say it's possible that he will become our player within 2 days.

Even if your information turns out to be correct we need someone now and not in the Summer.
      KOPMKD
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts |
      Reply #12: Jan 19, 2010 09:00:58 pm
      Even if your information turns out to be correct we need someone now and not in the Summer.
      Within couple of days mate,that's what i read,and it is possible because this journalists are close to Serbian Nat. team,and Jovanovic is a regular member.I've watched him alive playing for Serbia,he's tall,strong and fast in attack,and scores every other game.He could be crucial for us in the absence of Torres.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #13: Jan 20, 2010 02:22:57 am
      Played on the wing in the Champions League, too. On the left? Can he play there reasonable well, KOPMKD?
      KOPMKD
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts |
      Reply #14: Jan 20, 2010 02:36:25 am
      Played on the wing in the Champions League, too. On the left? Can he play there reasonable well, KOPMKD?
      That's his position in Serbian team too,because Nikola Zigic is a sole striker,and he's more than reasonable at that position.But my idea was to use him as a striker,we already have Benny and Riera on the left.I'd love to see him paired with Nando or sometimes as his replacement in attack
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #15: Jan 20, 2010 02:42:17 am
      That's his position in Serbian team too,because Nikola Zigic is a sole striker,and he's more than reasonable at that position.But my idea was to use him as a striker,we already have Benny and Riera on the left.I'd love to see him paired with Nando or sometimes as his replacement in attack

If he's a striker, play him there i say. But i suppose when Torres is playing, he could possibly play there.

Cheers for the info.
      KOPMKD
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts |
      Reply #16: Jan 20, 2010 02:55:40 am
      If he's a striker, play him there I say. But I suppose when Torres is playing, he could possibly play there.

Cheers for the info.
      That's what I meant mate,we brought Babel and Kuyt as a strikers too,and now we have 2 unnatural wingers that can't find the back of the net for months.I don't wanna see that happening to this guy,if he comes to our family of course.Cheers mate
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #17: Jan 20, 2010 09:25:03 am
      Not really heard of the guy before
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #18: Jan 20, 2010 09:53:40 am
      I saw the guy play for the first time against Arsenal and was very impressed pace, skill and as tough as a nut.

The only problem is his Serb will be hard to swallow watching him play on a personal level but xenophobia aside I think he would be a good addition to our squad.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #19: Jan 20, 2010 10:50:58 am
      He can play on the left wing as well as a striker. Belgian media also reported talks yesterday, but it would be a transfer for the summer i'm afraid. Jovanovic has explicitely said that he will stay at standard until the summer.
      Joe Summerhayes
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #20: Jan 20, 2010 10:53:59 am

he's not young.....28...... but i see your point, we are in desperate need of strikers and we have an oppertunity to sign a free one...... do it....
      plus he looks like a fox in the box on all his videos, he will provide goals.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #21: Jan 20, 2010 12:24:07 pm
      I don't rate the guy, ofcourse if he comes I hope he'll prove me wrong, but I don't think he's any better than the likes of Voronin. He really hasn't made that many goals for such a small league either, I can't see him get more than 10 goal in a full EPL season if he'd play all the games. Even if he'd be 21 I'd still have doubts, but he's already 28.

That's what I meant mate,we brought Babel and Kuyt as a strikers too,and now we have 2 unnatural wingers that can't find the back of the net for months.I don't wanna see that happening to this guy,if he comes to our family of course.Cheers mate
      Babel wasn't a striker though when he came, he played as a winger at Ajax. He just thinks he's a striker because he used to play as one in the Ajax youth.
      Aquilani
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Milan Jovanovic (Standard Leige)
      Reply #22: Jan 25, 2010 12:39:01 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/01/25/liverpool-fc-offer-standard-liege-striker-milan-jovanovic-a-move-to-anfield-100252-25678398/

LIVERPOOL have offered Milan Jovanovic the opportunity to move to Anfield at the end of the season.

The Standard Liege striker is out of contract this summer and the Reds have put together a package that would see Jovanovic sign a three-year deal.

Jovanovic is high on Rafa Benitez’s wanted list and it is understood the Serbian international would jump at the chance to play for Liverpool.

However, Jovanovic – who is a target for a number of Europe’s top clubs, including AC Milan – is seeking some assurances before he makes his next move.

He is seeking indications about Benitez’s long-term future and will only commit to joining the Reds if he knows the Spaniard will be manager next season.

A powerful forward who has scored an impressive 52 goals in 107 appearances for the crack Belgian side, Jovanovic will play a key role for Serbia at the World Cup this summer.

Liverpool also continue to remain in the hunt for Marouane Chamakh, Bordeaux’s highly-rated striker, who – like Jovanovic – is available on a free transfer in June.

With just seven days remaining of the transfer window, Benitez is continuing to scour the market for cover at right-back, given Glen Johnson’s continued absence.

But options are few and far between and it is looking increasingly likely that Maxi Rodriguez will remain Benitez’s only January purchase.

Only time will tell if he parts with any more of his squad – Ryan Babel has again been linked with a move away – but one man who won’t be leaving is Yossi Benayoun.

The Israeli midfielder, who is currently out with broken ribs, is a £7m target for Dynamo Moscow but Benitez has no intention of selling one of his most influential players.

Meanwhile, Martin Skrtel is confident Liverpool are now in pole position to claim a Champions League place. Full story here.

Quick Reply