Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LOST

Read 23379 times
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: LOST
      Reply #23: Feb 02, 2010 04:06:23 pm
      Well played BR, you're a jammy sod getting it first. ;)

I'm gonna be very sad and sit up all night until it becomes available to download, usually around 4 or 5AM.  I can't effing wait...just watched a few promos with new footage and it looks awesome.

Also some places have the first episode available to watch but its a shaky cam version on that Beach Premiere in Hawaii.  I decided to wait for the real thing.

I'm waiting until tomorrow as well mate. Probably won't stay up though.

I've also seen the two promos containing new footage. Can't wait now.

I think I started watching it way back but I got 'Lost' about 5 episodes in.

Anyway, from what I've seen on the internetosphere, it's going to need to be some jam-packed series. I'm sure at the end you'll still all be scratching your heads. ;)

Apparently the ending is going to leave you thinking 'sh*t, it was in front of me all this time!'.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #24: Feb 02, 2010 04:11:02 pm
      That video at about 2:50 sums it all up for me.
      Brooklyn Red
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #25: Feb 02, 2010 04:18:38 pm
      There was Boone as well but he got killed off. :(

I think you'll be getting another eyeful this season, B. I expect a lot of "dead" characters to show up. I could do without Michael tbh. As Christian Shephard said' "You can go now." ... *pushes nerd glasses up

Anyway, from what I've seen on the internetosphere, it's going to need to be some jam-packed series. I'm sure at the end you'll still all be scratching your heads. ;)

I think the writers are capable of at least answering the big questions. I read an article this morning that touched on how they were gonna answer everything and they made a good point in that maybe leaving certain things a mystery wouldn't be so bad. For instance, I'm not sure that I need to know exactly what the island is.

I'll have to check that video out on a non-work computer, JD. I can already tell it's gonna be ridiculous.  :laugh:

Well played BR, you're a jammy sod getting it first. ;)

8)
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #26: Feb 02, 2010 04:25:21 pm
      Lindelof and Cuse have stated that some mysteries about the island won't be answered.

Charlie and Boone will be back. Not sure about any others who have left or died. I'm curious about whether we'll see Desmond again. I hope we do and find out what happened to him.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #27: Feb 02, 2010 04:32:29 pm
      Is Mr Eko gonna be back?  I read that Shannon was the only one that didn't want to come back but I haven't heard anything about Eko.  Can't see him returning but it'd be amazing if he did.  I'm fairly glad Michael is coming back, I thought it was a bit of an anti-climax him coming back in season 4.

I've already accepted that there'll be things that won't be answered, its better to leave some stuff to the imagination rather than get half baked explanations for everything.  Thats what makes Lost such a great show, same as Twin Peaks before it.

I know a spoiler about Desmondo. ;)
      Brooklyn Red
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #28: Feb 02, 2010 04:49:38 pm
      Is Mr Eko gonna be back?  I read that Shannon was the only one that didn't want to come back but I haven't heard anything about Eko.  Can't see him returning but it'd be amazing if he did.  I'm fairly glad Michael is coming back, I thought it was a bit of an anti-climax him coming back in season 4.

I've already accepted that there'll be things that won't be answered, its better to leave some stuff to the imagination rather than get half baked explanations for everything.  Thats what makes Lost such a great show, same as Twin Peaks before it.

I know a spoiler about Desmondo. ;)

I'd read about Charlie and Boone, too. I'm fairly certain Eko was mentioned as one of those coming back, along with Libby & Ana Lucia. Michael will be back. I have to disagree, though. I thought they closed the door on his storyline very well...ie, fulfilling his destiny. It just sucked for him that he had to die to do it. I don't think Walt will be back, though I'd have liked to know more about what made him special.

Glad to know Desmond will be back (a favorite of mine despite the fact he shops from the International Male catalog).. :laugh:

Matt, don't you dare reveal that spoiler!!  >:D

And just for fun:
      http://damoncarltonandapolarbear.com/dcpb/x/
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #29: Feb 02, 2010 05:12:46 pm
      It'll be interesting to see how they bring back all these 'dead' people.  I hope thats true about Eko, he was a favourite of mine.  Yeah I read it was too difficult to bring Walt back in a way the writers wanted because of how much he has aged since the first season.  He was an interesting one, especially the whole dripping water thing and talking backwards...that was creepy.

I wouldn't have been too bothered if they'd left Michael's storyline the way it was, I just felt a bit of a letdown with how it was built up that Michael was returning, and it seemed very anti-climatic to me.  Plus I kinda liked Michael when he wasn't going on about Walt.

Right I'm rambling now, I won't reveal the spoiler about Desmond...I read it accidently from someone who has already seen the first episode, so you'll not have to wait too long to find out what it is.  Its a pretty cool thing though. ;)
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #30: Feb 02, 2010 05:17:30 pm
      Not too sure about Eko as his actor quit the show because he didn't enjoy living and being in Hawaii. Although he wouldn't have to be there for that long to shoot a few episodes. He's definitely not signed up to be a series regular so I'm sure there is a possibility of him coming back.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #31: Feb 02, 2010 05:54:16 pm
      Reading all these posts in here has made me even more excited! I've tried very hard not to watch or read any spoilers just because i don't like things being ruined.

I'm also excited about the return of Boone and other characters. ;D I don't think i have ever eagerly anticipated the return of a new series of a TV show as much as i have for Lost. Really hope it lives up to expectations. I have a feeling it will though. ;) Not long to go now.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #32: Feb 02, 2010 05:59:00 pm

For some, longer than others. ;)

You still waiting til Friday?  I'm considering going to sleep now just to fill the time. Can't wait!
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #33: Feb 02, 2010 06:01:45 pm
      I got lost while watching lost, but im looking forward to being lost again.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #34: Feb 02, 2010 06:03:05 pm
      For some, longer than others. ;)

You still waiting til Friday?  I'm considering going to sleep now just to fill the time. Can't wait!

All you impatient people will get to watch it before me. And those who live in America. ;) :D

Yep, still sticking to my plan of watching it on Friday. You enjoy downloading it at a ridiculous time in the morning. :D
      Brooklyn Red
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #35: Feb 02, 2010 08:27:19 pm
      An idea just popped into my head...

The time shifts all had a bright white flash much like at the end of the last episode of S5. What if there was a time shift at that moment where Juliet's banging on the bomb? Unless she reappeared in the time when The Others are digging the hole for Jughead, she'd die. And we know she's supposed to be dead....

Ah, we'll see tonight.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #36: Feb 02, 2010 08:30:20 pm
      I have never watched an episode of Lost and I don't plan to ;D
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #37: Feb 02, 2010 11:58:26 pm
      An idea just popped into my head...

The time shifts all had a bright white flash much like at the end of the last episode of S5. What if there was a time shift at that moment where Juliet's banging on the bomb? Unless she reappeared in the time when The Others are digging the hole for Jughead, she'd die. And we know she's supposed to be dead....

Ah, we'll see tonight.

I've seen a clip of the opening scene of the first episode and I think it rules your theory out, but I won't spoil it.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #38: Feb 03, 2010 03:36:55 am
      Hope you're enjoying the new episodes BR.  I'm currently downloading the first episode...22 minutes to go. ;)
      Brooklyn Red
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #39: Feb 03, 2010 11:09:36 am
      Hope you're enjoying the new episodes BR.  I'm currently downloading the first episode...22 minutes to go. ;)

Haha...I'd ask you what you thought of it but in fairness to everyone else I don't want to spoil anything.

I generally thought it was pretty good. Some things I liked, but I'm on the fence about something else. I won't say what.

And, two major questions were answered.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #40: Feb 03, 2010 02:32:31 pm
      I thought that was brilliant, a great opening to the last season.  PMed you BR, very intrigued to know what you're on the fence about. ;)
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #41: Feb 03, 2010 03:51:50 pm
      If you're like me and are having a bit of trouble remembering the major events of seasons 1 through 5, there's a nice little catch up video on youtube:

LOST Season 6 Catch Up (seasons 1-5)
      Brooklyn Red
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #42: Feb 03, 2010 05:12:10 pm
      Nice one, Ally.

Here's an interview with Cuse & Lindelof. Spoiler Alert!! If you haven't watched the premiere, then don't read it.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/02/lost-premiere-damon-carlton/

I don't think I'm giving anything away by pulling this line out of the interview:
      "....season 6 is not about time travel. It’s about the implications, the aftermath, and the causality of trying to change the past. But the idea of continuing to do paradoxical storytelling is not what we’re interested in this year."
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #43: Feb 03, 2010 09:10:20 pm
      I've downloaded the season premiere.
      Going to watch it as soon as leeds dump spurs out the cup :D
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #44: Feb 04, 2010 09:56:01 am
      Ha, looks like i'll be the last to watch this then. :D
      Danny2304
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 663 posts |
      • Stairway to heaven
      Reply #45: Feb 04, 2010 10:04:10 am
      I watched seasons 1-2-3 then it moved to SKY1 and I didn't have it then (gay virgin media) then I kinda stopped watching it :(

And I can't be assed watching them all again, I'll wait until it comes out on boxset!

Quick Reply