Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Accountability of the owners

Read 11040 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Accountability of the owners
      Jan 15, 2010 08:30:23 pm
      I have a lot of questions for them.

I would imagine a lot of Liverpool fans, sorry customers, have questions as well.

Most businesses have a complaints department that you can telephone.  Certainly most multi-million pounds businesses in which customers hand over hundreds of pound per year.

Anybody else think the owners of the club should put in place a procedure for their paying customers to contact them with their grievances?
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Accountability of the owners
      Reply #1: Jan 15, 2010 08:52:07 pm
      Totally agree and I'm sure the majority of the insightful posters in here could come up with some pretty darn good questions to ask good old Tom & George.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #2: Jan 15, 2010 08:57:03 pm
      I'm being serious.

I must invest a few hundred quid every year that goes towards Liverpool Football Club.  If I have a complaint about the level of service or the value of their products then I should have a right to complain.

Some of Liverpool FC's staff have been exceptionally rude to me this year - on numerous occasions I have trekked all the way to Anfield only for some of their staff to not even turn up. The quality of the final product has been exceptionally poor and I feel that I deserve a refund of 75% of my money I have spent on their product since August.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,107 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Jan 15, 2010 09:12:46 pm
      You dont excist to them
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #4: Jan 15, 2010 09:22:20 pm
      This must be one of the funniest boards there is.

How do we expect these people to fund such a thing? That certainly will be cutting in to our transfer "kitty" and quite frankly, Rafa needs the money.

OK in being serious, in truth and fact this is something that would add to gloom at Anfield. I wouldn't suggest it. Mancs and other cu*ts would take the piss. This would filter down to the squad and it would be a whole new level of rubbish to the players.
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2010 09:30:27 pm by crzy_jkr@u »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #5: Jan 15, 2010 09:24:25 pm
      Your call will be charged at £5 a minute.
      Calls to mobiles may be more.

Press 1 For Hicks

Press 2 For Gillett.

Press 3 For Parry  after 6 only.

Press 4 For Moores  ( then +34 country code)

Press 5 To Self Destruct In One Minute.

Press 6 For All Other Reasons.

Wait for the beep.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eep.

Uh. Um.
      Q.

Where have you hid the Montreal money George?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #6: Jan 15, 2010 09:28:12 pm

Unfortunately that is probably correct, JD would just be one of many thousand voices.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #7: Jan 15, 2010 09:40:11 pm
      I'm being serious.

I must invest a few hundred quid every year that goes towards Liverpool Football Club.  If I have a complaint about the level of service or the value of their products then I should have a right to complain.

Some of Liverpool FC's staff have been exceptionally rude to me this year - on numerous occasions I have trekked all the way to Anfield only for some of their staff to not even turn up. The quality of the final product has been exceptionally poor and I feel that I deserve a refund of 75% of my money I have spent on their product since August.

Totally agree with you there JD, Trading Standards maybe.....
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #8: Jan 15, 2010 09:40:52 pm
      I googled for their email/telephone numbers. Unfortunatley, however, the internet does not hold all the answers :(
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: Jan 15, 2010 09:51:15 pm
      I googled for their email/telephone numbers. Unfortunatley, however, the internet does not hold all the answers :(

Apparently only "Smarties", have the answer.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #10: Jan 16, 2010 11:18:19 am

A big thankyou to reddebs who has provided me with Tom Hicks email address. Anyone have any specific questions that they would like me to ask him? His email address is thicks@hicksholding.com.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #11: Jan 16, 2010 11:22:50 am

Oh my god I'm going to have so many questions I want to ask this f**ker.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #12: Jan 16, 2010 11:23:55 am
      A big thankyou to reddebs who has provided me with Tom Hicks email address. Anyone have any specific questions that they would like me to ask him? His email address is thicks@hicksholding.com.

Ask him could he F**k off???
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #13: Jan 16, 2010 11:24:05 am
      Oh my god I'm going to have so many questions I want to ask this f**ker.

All credit has to goto reddebs who kindly found the email address.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #14: Jan 16, 2010 11:46:50 am
      Anyone else finding it difficult to send an email to Hicks. Says that the delivery failed permanently >:(
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15: Jan 16, 2010 11:54:48 am
      Mine sent ok the other day Semple but maybe it's been changed since junior resigned  :mad:

I've just emailed again will let you know if it sends ok
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #16: Jan 16, 2010 12:06:26 pm
      My e-mail to Tom Hicks.

Hello Mr Hicks, My name is Darryl and I'm just one of many hundreds of thousands fanatical concerned Liverpool supporters. I am writing to you today, hoping that you can take some time out of your busy schedule to answers some of my questions regarding the current plight our great traditional football club now finds itself in.

I sincerely hope you can find it within yourself to dignify myself and the global following that Liverpool F.C receives with an honest in depth response to the questions I am about to ask to add some much needed clarity as to the issues surrounding our club.

On Febuary 6th 2007 yourself and your business partner George Gillet took ownership of Liverpool F.C, with "Promises" of heaping no debt on the club, building a new stadium and having a spade in the ground within 80 days and funds being made available for world class signings. None of the latter have transpired to be the case and reads like a list of broken promises.

So the questions I beg of you are as follows.

Why did George & yourself make such promises that you could not keep when taking ownership of the club ?

Why did George & yourself heap so much debt up on the club when you both said that would not be the case ?
      Why are funds not being made available to sign world class players ?

Why has the Stadium not even been started, let alone built ?

Why is our manager being forced into a sell to buy policy ?

Why since both George and yourself took owner ship of the club do we have a transfer NET spend of around 30 million, thats 10 million per season, 5 million per transfer window ?

Why are we relying on free transfers/loan signings during this January window ?

Where has all the revenue from the Domestic League/Cups, Champions League, Gate, Merchandising, TV etc etc  gone to ?

Why Is the club paying for the debt that George and Yourself placed up on us ?

Why is it that both yourself & your partner in crime, have recently sold sporting enterprises, yet still refuse to invest any of your own monies in to a proud traditional football club such as Liverpool F.C ?

Would it be fair to suggest that the best way to protect your investment in Liverpool FC is to actually invest some money in it ?

Would it be fair to say that both George and yourself are reluctant to invest in Liverpool F.C as you are both all too aware that the money a proud traditional club with heritage such as ours can repay your debts quite comfortably with out yourself or your partner in crime having to out lay a single cent thus maximising your profit when the time to sell comes ?

What will be next if Champions League football is not secured during the current campaign, will asset stripping the club of our top stars such as Fernando Torres or Steven Gerrard be another means to stop both yourself and George having to dip into your pockets ?

As you can see Mr Hicks I'm rather annoyed at the current plight that both yourself and your business partner have put our great club in and I will wait with baited breath for the answers that I seek. One thing I would like to reiterate is I would like honest answers with no spin doctor or public relations exercises as I believe enough lies were spoken when you first took ownership of the club and now is the time for some good old fashioned honesty.

Many thanks.

Yours sincerely Darryl.

redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #17: Jan 16, 2010 03:33:48 pm
      Top email that to him.

Doubt he'll reply to it though but keep us informed of the progress.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #18: Jan 17, 2010 04:15:51 pm
      I wasn't too sure what to say but I eventually got it out.

Dear Tom Hicks,

My name is Paul Semple. I am a Liverpool Football Club supporter. As you well know, your ownership of the club, alongside George Gillet, has resulted in a lot of anger towards the two of you. This is simply because you and Mr Gillet, are ruining our glorious club. Liverpool have won 18 league titles, 5 European Cups, 7 League Cups, 7 FA Cups and 3 UEFA Cups, amongst others. Unless you sort out our current problem I.e. sell the club to an owner that delievers on their promises and not just one that will give you a massive pay package, this club will not be able to progress to winning more trophies. I am 18 years old. I have grown up as a Liverpool supporter starved of a good manager and thus, has resulted in very few trophies coming into the club. In the 18 years of my life, Liverpool have never won a league and they have won 1 European Cup amongst several other trophies. However, now that we have a fantastic manger in place, Mr Rafael Benitez, you seem content in trying to ruin our best chances of winning the league in years. You have provided Rafa with very little money, you have put the club into further debt due to your borrowing and you have not delievered on your promises e.g. a new Stadium in Stanley Park. I think you owe it to the fans of the club to answer the many questions put to you.

1) Why are you at this club in the first place? Is it simply to make money?
      2) What are the chances of you selling to a buyer who actually wishes to help the Reds, anytime soon?
      3) Why is Rafa being given very little money despite money coming into the club via marketing, player sales etc?
      4) Did you not say recently that any money made from player sales would go into Rafas transfer budget?
      5) What is happening with our new stadium plans that you pomised to deliver?
      6) Do you think it is acceptable for your son to send abusive emails to Liverpool fans who only have Liverpools best interests in heart?
      7) Do you not care about what the fans have to think about the club?
      8 ) Do you not care that you and Gillet are turning this club into a laughing stock?
      9) What happened to the deal with DIC?
      10) Why do you and George Gillet refuse to sit down and talk to one another?
      11) Why do you continue to ignore the Spirit of Shankly group that require answers with regards to your ownership and regularly stage protests that gain huge supoort against your ownership of the club?

In truth, I have many more specific questions to ask you. I appreciate that you are a busy man, running several businesses and a Club, and therefore I have sent you questions that you should have no problem answering. Afterall, all the clubs supporters want is the truth. We know when people are just saying things to get us of their backs so please do tell the truth. I am a member of a Liverpool forum (www.lfcreds.com) and I would appreciate if you could email me back with some good news with regards to the questions I have asked so I can share with my fellow fans. I urge you to go onto that forum and just see what my fellow supporters think of your ownersship of our glorious club. Yours sincerely,

Paul Semple

I tryed sending it yesterday but it wouldn't let me so I am going to give it another go today.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #19: Jan 17, 2010 04:23:27 pm
      Okay, it didn't work again....what the F**k?
      Tryed it again, and again it dosen't work. Its saying that the domain name not found :( anyone help?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #20: Jan 17, 2010 04:28:15 pm

I tryed sending it yesterday but it wouldn't let me so I am going to give it another go today.

Its the wrong email address thats why I've just checked my email and I had a failed delivery message saying that it was not a current email address.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #21: Jan 17, 2010 04:31:35 pm
      I'm being serious.

I must invest a few hundred quid every year that goes towards Liverpool Football Club.  If I have a complaint about the level of service or the value of their products then I should have a right to complain.

I agree with your post.. But, I think your under the assumption that the current Ownership base cares about the supporters. Your Emails go directly to a Spam folder or directly to the trash file. No one reads them, especially Hicks or Gillette.

They dont care because the issues with the fans are not public.  They are not held accountable in the "Public Light".  
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #22: Jan 17, 2010 04:42:05 pm
      Then maybe send it to a local daily, a couple of tv stations especially those nosy ones and not to forget send it by post via Christian Purslow.

Anyone fancy sending some emails to Parry & Moore too? They've been into hiding since they sold our soul to these two American idiots.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #23: Jan 17, 2010 04:47:20 pm
      They just don't care what do they know about football,all as they want to do is say that we own LFC and thats that!.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #24: Jan 17, 2010 04:49:01 pm
      Hi guys my emails are sending ok.

I got an automated reply saying it was my first email to them and to ensure my future emails go directly to their inbox I had to reply via that response.

They've all sent ok since then.  

Not had a reply like but it has been weekend and according to info on the internet old Hicksy has been trying to complete a deal to sell his texas rangers team so he's probably a bit busy.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #25: Jan 17, 2010 04:50:49 pm
      INFO@HICKSHOLDINGS.COM  is an email address for Tom Hicks holdings, but i'd imagine any emails to that address will quickly find their way to the trash can.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #26: Jan 17, 2010 04:55:21 pm
      thicks@hicksholdings.com

As comical as it sounds, that is his email address.
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #27: Jan 17, 2010 05:06:39 pm
      thicks@hicksholdings.com

As comical as it sounds, that is his email address.

His real name, eh.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #28: Jan 17, 2010 05:08:01 pm
      I've just tried again on a different email address and got this...don't get too excited ;D

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

thicks@hicksholding.com

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #29: Jan 17, 2010 06:06:51 pm
      See.  You can't even get in to contact with the owners of the club.

Shambles.
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #30: Jan 17, 2010 06:10:13 pm
      Let's make a huge cardboard cut out and line it up in front of the main gate during the match. 

A super huge one.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #31: Jan 17, 2010 06:22:10 pm
      A great idea, but a waste of time for the owners with the amount of abuse they would get down the phone.
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #32: Jan 17, 2010 06:38:43 pm
      The son was kick out from the Boardroom because the media played out the issue and turn it into big headlines and news. So, if that's the only method that works than why don't we give it a try. Although may sound like washing dirty linen in public but we've left with no choice because our club has been dragged down further in all aspects ie. debts, transfer money, league table(indirectly effected as a result of lack of transfers) etc.

Enough is enough, and it's about time to use the MEDIA, besides that will definitely put the attention off Rafa & team for a while. Let the attention shifted towards the right direction- GILLETTE & HICKS.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #33: Jan 17, 2010 07:10:12 pm
      Right boys & girls I've emailed the Daily Star on starsport@dailystar.co.uk so please any questions you have for Tom & George nows the time to get them in...lets be heard & make some ripples, were all reds send your questions to the daily star they are a sh*t house paper and if they think they are onto something they will print it. :D

Hello my name is Darryl and as a fanatical Liverpool Football club supporter I have been making numerous attempts to contact Tom Hicks regarding Liverpool F.C's current predicament. Now I know the media circles including yourselves have been leading the campaign for Rafael Benitez to be 1 resign from his position or 2 be dismissed from his position, however noting the genuine consensus from the vast majority of Liverpool Fans out on the terraces and also the Liverpool FC forums we as fans do not hold Rafael Benitez fully accountable for the situation we now find ourselves in.

I would even go as far as saying the more knowledgeable fans amongst us are more staunch in our support of Rafael Benitez than ever as we are only too aware of the cancer eating away at our club. The very cancer I am talking about is no other than Tom Hicks & George Hillet. Personally I find the whole witch hunt of Rafael Benitez quite sickening considering since Hicks & Gillett took control of our wonderful club Rafael Benitez has had a transfer net spend of around 30 million, that is an average yearly net spend of 10 million and average transfer window net spend of 5 million, which to the more knowledgeable supporter suggests Rafael Benitez is quite the opposite of failing at Liverpool F.C, he has had us punching well above our weight both Domestically & in Europe.

So what I ask of you this evening is to consider the points I have raised and to consider for all my trying I can not seem to be able to gain contact details for Tom Hicks or George Gillett to answer my questions. So I'm asking the sports desk to give my voice and the voice of like minded Liverpool F.C fans the opportunity to be heard and answered. I would like if at all possible to run an article from a a fans view asking Tom Hicks and George Gillett to step up and give us the answers we crave, this could also make a good news story for yourselves in calling Tom & George forward to give us the answers on the questions regarding the state of our club.

I have included in this email the questions I would like to ask Tom & George and if you were to run an article containing the questions I and many like minded reds would like answered I would be greatly appreciative.

Yours Hopefully Darryl

My e-mail to Tom Hicks from the previous page was also sent with all questions I wanted answered.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #34: Jan 17, 2010 07:28:06 pm
      As some of you were having problems with the email address for Tom Hicks I emailed him earlier asking if he was deliberaley blocking them.  He's just replied with "no".

To those who have tried and failed do you want me to email your questions?

kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #35: Jan 17, 2010 07:34:14 pm
      Reddebs the messiah!!!!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #36: Jan 17, 2010 07:35:52 pm

Don't think I'd go that far.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #37: Jan 17, 2010 07:36:37 pm

Email Mine ;D :D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #38: Jan 17, 2010 07:40:23 pm
      Will do Red.  If I get a reply do you want me to post on here or pm it you?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #39: Jan 17, 2010 07:45:58 pm
      Will do Red.  If I get a reply do you want me to post on here or pm it you?

Post it on here and also tell him Ive asked the Daily Star to ask him too, just in case he wont answer me ;D

Cheers Debs x
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #40: Jan 17, 2010 08:03:44 pm
      Good job guys, let's hope he comes back with something worth reading!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #41: Jan 17, 2010 10:23:37 pm
      Well played there, Daz.
      RedWilly

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #42: Jan 17, 2010 10:58:25 pm
      Much love for Debs!

However, I wouldn't be surprised that now the questions have got awkward, if he just ignored it.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #43: Jan 17, 2010 11:20:27 pm
      Much love for Debs!

However, I wouldn't be surprised that now the questions have got awkward, if he just ignored it.

Maybe but no harm trying.  Desperate times call for desperate measures.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #44: Jan 17, 2010 11:28:23 pm
      No reply from the Daily Star as yet.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #45: Jan 18, 2010 06:52:25 pm
      Well not had a reply yet but I won't give up.

Have you had anything back from the Daily Star Red?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #46: Jan 18, 2010 07:18:34 pm
      Apologies for forgetting who made the post but one of our fans from the US made the point that Liverpool are never really mentioned in the media over there so there's no pressure on H&G from over the pond. Maybe it's the US media that we need to be trying to get in touch with. Make some ripples over there and the owners will be squirming.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #47: Jan 18, 2010 07:34:53 pm
      Apologies for forgetting who made the post but one of our fans from the US made the point that Liverpool are never really mentioned in the media over there so there's no pressure on H&G from over the pond. Maybe it's the US media that we need to be trying to get in touch with. Make some ripples over there and the owners will be squirming.

Yep they are already on the case Rep.  Our good friends bigvYNWA and iwd89lfc aka David and Imani.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #48: Jan 18, 2010 07:51:30 pm
      Great stuff.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #49: Jan 19, 2010 02:03:43 am
      Well not had a reply yet but I won't give up.

Have you had anything back from the Daily Star Red?

Nothing as yet.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #50: Jan 19, 2010 07:09:38 pm
      Well still no reply to my emails so I've sent another asking if it's normal for businessmen in the USA to ignore their "customers".

I doubt we will get any response until the media in the States get wind of whats happening. 

BigvYNWA how is your report getting on?  Do you need any more material?  I'm sure I could dig up some more stuff for you.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #51: Jan 19, 2010 07:21:06 pm
      Nothing from the Daily Star too....  :-\

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #52: Jan 19, 2010 07:36:43 pm
      C Mon George. Tell us. Wheres the money? Are we getting warmer?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #53: Jan 19, 2010 09:27:36 pm
      Forgive me father for I have sinned it has been about 18 hours since my last confession.

Well I've joined a Manchester United Forum today (RedCafe) and I have gained 4 posts and feel all used and dirty and like I need a shower.

However I've done it for a reason, to get the general feeling of the united support on their owners and maybe arrange something between both sets of fans in demonstrating about our owners.

So heres my opening post on RedCafe.

Unity Is Key !!!
      Where do I start ?

I suppose in telling you that I am a Liverpool supporter is as good as place any but please read on I'm not here to take the piss, but to try and arrange something thats beneficial to both sets of supporters.

Right now as both sets of fans we are both aware we are both American Owned Clubs, with Owners that have heaped debt up on our illustrious clubs and are sucking the very life out them.

Now I am not aware of Uniteds nets spend in the transfer market, but taking into consideration what Ronaldo was sold for last summer I'd say that maybe 15% of his transfer fee was re-invested back into the squad.

I can be more clearer about our finances and tell you that since Hicks & Gillet took over at Liverpool Rafael Benitez has a transfer net spend of 30 million, Thats an average of 10 million net per season and an average of 5 million net per transfer window.

Now today its been reported the Glazers could take up to £600m out of Manchester United over seven years in dividends, interest payments and fees arising from the club’s bond issue and surely as fans you are not happy about that ?

Glazers could take £600m out of Manchester United over seven years - Telegraph

Now you may be wondering where I am going with this ?

So I'll get to the point as the title of the thread says Unity is the key, so what I'm suggesting is, can the fans of both our clubs put our rivalries to one side just for one day and put both sets of clubs best interests at heart ?

The day I'm talking about is Saturday, 20 March 2010, when Liverpool face United at Old Trafford, now this game will be televised on SkyTV and broadcast all around the globe.

Now as supporters can you imagine a bigger stage for both sets of fans to show some unity and be vocal in protest against both sets of owners ?, Make it a carnival day get your Yanks out banners out and fill the stadium in a defiant protest against both sets of owners ?

I would appreciate your feedback and if I'm not welcome here, this will be my last post, however if we can put our rivalries aside through the power of the internet and various forums I believe this is something that can be easily arranged and there is plenty of time to do so.

So tell me Guys what do you think ?

Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #54: Jan 20, 2010 01:11:18 am
      link? I can't find it anywhere ay :P
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #55: Jan 20, 2010 01:18:09 am
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #56: Jan 20, 2010 01:53:42 am
      Having slight issues registering for some reason...

Cool if you could post up some of the replies, I'd be interested to know if any of the Mancs are actually game for this as it certainly seems a good idea.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #57: Jan 20, 2010 10:15:22 am
      To be honest mate, we as supporters can be (1) pro-active or (2) sit on our arses and do nothing and let H&G destroy the foundations this great club was built on so any effort, no matter how large or small  is a step in the right direction as long as we keep making noises H&G know we have not forgotten they are the scurge of this club and I can guarantee given our current plight they are reveling in it as it is taking the heat away from them.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #58: Jan 20, 2010 11:35:59 am
      Reddebs and RedlfdcBlood, Can you post a copy of the questions you fired at Hicks. We can give then give him some ear ache without duplicating the questions. Assuming we can get our e mails through to him of course.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #59: Jan 20, 2010 11:48:12 am
      Reddebs and RedlfdcBlood, Can you post a copy of the questions you fired at Hicks. We can give then give him some ear ache without duplicating the questions. Assuming we can get our e mails through to him of course.

Mines on the first page of this thread mate. ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #60: Jan 20, 2010 12:02:55 pm
      Oohh I've made it into main forums on redcafe, my post has been copied and posted in main by another forum user.

Soon get to see a consensus of opinion I guess.

http://www.redcafe.net/f6/liverpool-supporter-unity-key-283158/#post7461974
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #61: Jan 20, 2010 12:10:44 pm
      Looks like a no from most fans. Sad, really.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #62: Jan 20, 2010 12:21:36 pm
      Looks like a no from most fans. Sad, really.

Its only just started mate, give it time, they are talking about it and its putting it into their heads and no doubt giving them something to think and talk about.

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will be a mass protest at Old Trafford. ;D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #63: Jan 20, 2010 02:46:09 pm
      Try bribing them with prawn sandwiches.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #64: Jan 20, 2010 03:00:47 pm
      Erm I have the profiles of Bill Hicks (His brother) Mack Hicks (his other son) and Ian Ayre (our commercial director) all bookmarked on my browser.

That's if you want to direct some questions at em?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #65: Jan 20, 2010 03:48:45 pm
      Erm I have the profiles of Bill Hicks (His brother) Mack Hicks (his other son) and Ian Ayre (our commercial director) all bookmarked on my browser.
      And I thought Tom was the comedian of the family!
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      • Liverpool is my religion Anfield is my church
      Reply #66: Jan 20, 2010 05:18:14 pm
      Looking at the manure forums, I just hate them more. End of story, collaboration might happen, but nothing would come out of it unless they want this as much as we do.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #67: Jan 20, 2010 05:24:50 pm
      Looking at the manure forums, I just hate them more. End of story, collaboration might happen, but nothing would come out of it unless they want this as much as we do.

Well mate as I have just said to them in there, the one thing about rivalry is ..... it wont exist if both the clubs don't.

Short and sweet but it sends a message.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #68: Jan 20, 2010 05:32:52 pm
      Theres a couple of positives on the RedGreasySpoon who go on the basis that the respective clubs survival is more important than the rivalry.

Its a very good idea.

You've sown the seed RLFCB now see what they do.

If its a No......... then f..ck em.

We will watch their unsinkable Titanic go down and learn from them.
      Perhaps only that footballing disaster will make Hansel and Gretel f off.

PS. Anyone also read that Randy Lerner at Aston Villa has introduced a Sell To Buy policy?
      God Bless America.
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      • Liverpool is my religion Anfield is my church
      Reply #69: Jan 20, 2010 05:35:49 pm
      Well mate as I have just said to them in there, the one thing about rivalry is ..... it wont exist if both the clubs don't.

what you sent them is a great message matey. They're cu*ts, that's all.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #70: Jan 20, 2010 05:39:34 pm
      http://www.redcafe.net/f17/unity-key-283032/index2.html#post7464728

I'm having more joy here where I can actually reply. ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #71: Jan 20, 2010 05:39:49 pm

To be totally honest mate I could not see it occuring simply because of their mindset,they think because of all the media bullshit they are the special ones.
      When I say they I don't mean to generalise but you only have to look at their forums to get a glimpse of the over riding madness. Obviously there are some sound supporters but the vast majority are nobheads who believe that in spite of the clubs huge debt issue they are untouchable and to try and discuss or explain this would be like banging your head on a brickwall, unless of course this was done for you by one of the unappreciative manUre faithfull.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #72: Jan 20, 2010 05:48:13 pm
      You can only but try mate, so that gives me about 8 weeks to keep trying ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #73: Jan 20, 2010 05:53:12 pm
      As you say say Daz it's worth a go.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #74: Jan 20, 2010 10:41:53 pm

As Red says his questions are on the 1st page of the thread there wasn't much more for me to add but also sent a copy of Semple's email that he couldn't send which is below.

My name is Paul Semple. I am a Liverpool Football Club supporter. As you well know, your ownership of the club, alongside George Gillet, has resulted in a lot of anger towards the two of you. This is simply because you and Mr Gillet, are ruining our glorious club. Liverpool have won 18 league titles, 5 European Cups, 7 League Cups, 7 FA Cups and 3 UEFA Cups, amongst others. Unless you sort out our current problem I.e. sell the club to an owner that delievers on their promises and not just one that will give you a massive pay package, this club will not be able to progress to winning more trophies. I am 18 years old. I have grown up as a Liverpool supporter starved of a good manager and thus, has resulted in very few trophies coming into the club. In the 18 years of my life, Liverpool have never won a league and they have won 1 European Cup amongst several other trophies. However, now that we have a fantastic manger in place, Mr Rafael Benitez, you seem content in trying to ruin our best chances of winning the league in years. You have provided Rafa with very little money, you have put the club into further debt due to your borrowing and you have not delievered on your promises e.g. a new Stadium in Stanley Park. I think you owe it to the fans of the club to answer the many questions put to you.

1) Why are you at this club in the first place? Is it simply to make money?
      2) What are the chances of you selling to a buyer who actually wishes to help the Reds, anytime soon?
      3) Why is Rafa being given very little money despite money coming into the club via marketing, player sales etc?
      4) Did you not say recently that any money made from player sales would go into Rafas transfer budget?
      5) What is happening with our new stadium plans that you promised to deliver?
      6) Do you think it is acceptable for your son to send abusive emails to Liverpool fans who only have Liverpools best interests in heart?
      7) Do you not care about what the fans have to say about the club?
      8 ) Do you not care that you and Gillet are turning this club into a laughing stock?
      9) What happened to the deal with DIC?
      10) Why do you and George Gillet refuse to sit down and talk to one another?
      11) Why do you continue to ignore the Spirit of Shankly group that require answers with regards to your ownership and regularly stage protests that gain huge supoort against your ownership of the club?

In truth, I have many more specific questions to ask you. I appreciate that you are a busy man, running several businesses and a Club, and therefore I have sent you questions that you should have no problem answering. Afterall, all the clubs supporters want is the truth. We know when people are just saying things to get us of their backs so please do tell the truth. I am a member of a Liverpool forum (www.lfcreds.com) and I would appreciate if you could email me back with some good news with regards to the questions I have asked so I can share with my fellow fans. I urge you to go onto that forum and just see what y fellow supporters think of your ownersship of our glorious club. Yours sincerely,

Paul Semple

Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #75: Jan 20, 2010 11:15:33 pm
      Seriously RedLFCBlood, get a facebook group going as well like has been said on there.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #76: Jan 24, 2010 09:05:05 am
      So Tom.

So George.

We now know youve got one billion in cash from the Montreal Canadien and Texas Rangers sale.

This my friends is the jumping off point for you.

There is now nowhere for either of you to hide.

There is now NO excuses why you cant

PAY DOWN DEBT

BUY PLAYERS

BUILD THE STADIUM

Whatever you have done before such as buying this club through an illegal (U.S.) method and breaking every promise you have ever made to us
      may, just may, be redeemed if now you show us the colour of money.

It had better be Red.

Cos. If it isn't cowboys .............we will drive you out of town and break you.

You will prove that LFC means F**k all to either of you.

Show us the money.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #77: Jan 24, 2010 03:20:18 pm
      Still not had a reply to the emails I sent last weekend so just sent him this. 

Once again I find myself emailing you for answers to questions that you continue to ignore.  I appreciate that you must be an extremely busy man, it must take up 100% of your time working out how to rip off your "customers" so successfully.

We have seen today in the UK press that you have sold your majority interest in the texas rangers and as you can imagine this is a source of much excitement on our fans forums as to whether we will see any of the money invested in Liverpool FC.  Don't worry though as the general consensus amongst the fans is we won't see a penny (dime).  It really doesn't fit your "business plan" to spend money when you can cream whatever you wish from our loyal fans. 

I wonder how many home games we need to boycott before you get the message.   
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #78: Mar 10, 2010 08:11:20 pm
      Presume you never heard nothing back from this Debs? Or did you post about it in another thread?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #79: Mar 10, 2010 08:41:26 pm
      Presume you never heard nothing back from this Debs? Or did you post about it in another thread?

Yeah I did get a reply Kenny he asked if I was crazy, cheeky fu**er.

I've had more success since then but I've not emailed him for a few weeks.  I've posted them in the Purslow thread, the one with the SOS meeting minutes, cos that was doing the rounds at the time.  Funnily enough I was thinking at weekend it's time to get in touch with him again as it's been too quiet for my liking recently.

Is there something you want to say or ask him?  Silly question, of course you have, we all have but I'll pass on your comments if you want.  Can't promise you'll get a reply or the answer you want though.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #80: Mar 10, 2010 09:07:36 pm
      More disrespect to another red eh?! What a surprise!!!!

Yeah tell him I said I'm gonna torture him if I get my hands on him.

Actually, he might not reply to that.

No worries Debs. Well in for persevering with it and personally I think you ask what a lot of people are thinking.
      Stubbles
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #81: Mar 10, 2010 09:13:12 pm
      http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=245870897172&ref=ss

Dear Liverpool Supporter,

Please copy and paste the following email message, signing your name at the foot of the page and send to the names listed below at approximately 8pm on Wednesday the 10th of March.

To: -

Stephen.Hester@rbs.co.uk; John.HOURICAN@rbs.com; Roger.Lowry@rbs.co.uk; rebecca.oliphant@rbs.com; Public.Affairs@rbs.co.uk

CC: -

thicks@hicksholdings.com; tohjr@hicksholdings.com; gngillett@bcmgt.com;
      ian.ayre@liverpoolfc.tv; Philip.Nash@liverpoolfc.tv; warren.bradley@liverpool.gov.uk;
      howardm@parliament.uk; KILFOYLEP@parliament.uk; Chris.Bascombe@notw.co.uk;
      david.maddock@mgn.co.uk; dominick48@hotmail.com; Gary.Jacob@thetimes.co.uk;
      helen.power@thetimes.co.uk; henry.winter@telegraph.co.uk; John.Richardson@Express.co.uk;
      john.thompson@liverpool.com; lee.clayton@dailymail.co.uk; Oliver.Kay@thetimes.co.uk;
      tpanja@bloomberg.net; paul.joyce@express.co.uk; rory.smith@telegraph.co.uk; tony.evans@thetimes.co.uk; birdc@parliament.uk;

Dear Mr Hester,

Having reviewed the company accounts in relation to Liverpool Football Club and Parent Company Kop Football Ltd, of which there is approximately £237M worth of debt; it is clear that the business model operated by the current owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett is unsustainable.

Whilst I appreciate that any refinancing package deal is a confidential matter between the Royal Bank of Scotland and the current owners of Liverpool Football Club, it is also a very personal issue for many Liverpool supporters around the world. As a British Tax Payer and a Lifelong Liverpool fan, I can assure you that I am not happy that my hard earned money is being used to pay for the purchase of Liverpool Football Club for George Gillett and Tom Hicks.

There is an ever increasing sense of anger and resentment towards the the owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, which is likely to turn towards RBS if the refinancing deal is extended in the coming months.

It is my understanding that if the Refinancing deal is renegotiated beyond July 2010, then a campaign in protest against the Royal Bank of Scotland will take place which will include Billboards with anti-RBS messages encouraging Liverpool Fans to Boycott RBS in a similar manner to the Boycott of the Sun Newspaper (please see below).

Debt Lies Cowboys – Spirit Of Shankly – Liverpool Supporters' Union

Anfield Road » Don’t buy The Sun

If your objective is "the long-term success of Liverpool Football Club" then I urge you to formally refuse any longer term refinancing for Hicks and Gillett, thus leaving the current obligations needing to be immediately repaid.

We as supporters of Liverpool Football Club are effectively paying the loan repayments for Hicks and Gillett, and as taxpayers have a "controlling stake" in RBS. We should therefore have a say in where our money is being invested.

The ball is firmly in your court.

Kind Regards,

Liverpool Supporter

Feel free to add to it.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #82: Mar 10, 2010 09:16:47 pm
      More disrespect to another red eh?! What a surprise!!!!

Yeah tell him I said I'm gonna torture him if I get my hands on him.

Actually, he might not reply to that.

No worries Debs. Well in for persevering with it and personally I think you ask what a lot of people are thinking.

Yeah I did think that about the disrespect as it wasn't that long after Junior resigned.  I will email him again this week and post them and any replies in here.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #83: Mar 10, 2010 09:41:25 pm
      I cant believe you actually got a reply!!

And in that case- we are all cheeky fuckers, as we all pretty much think the same of them!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #84: Mar 10, 2010 09:47:47 pm
      I cant believe you actually got a reply!!

And in that case- we are all cheeky fuckers, as we all pretty much think the same of them!

Funnily enough I've always had a reply but that's usually it, one reply.  Last time though I did get a few replies though he was a condescending little pr**k in them.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #85: Mar 10, 2010 09:51:26 pm
      Funnily enough I've always had a reply but that's usually it, one reply.  Last time though I did get a few replies though he was a condescending little pr**k in them.

Shocking!

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #86: Sep 19, 2010 05:21:16 pm
      bump.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #87: Sep 19, 2010 05:27:59 pm
      "Bump" FFS!

A comment would have been better than BUMP! Anything! BUMP was for 606 before it went sh*te!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #88: Sep 19, 2010 05:31:49 pm
      "Bump" FFS!

A comment would have been better than BUMP! Anything! BUMP was for 606 before it went sh*te!

I actuallyt bumped it for someone else mate as I believe they were looking for this topic.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #89: Sep 19, 2010 05:36:24 pm
      Ok but you could have PM'd them with the Link.

Quick Reply