Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Accountability of the owners

Read 10985 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Accountability of the owners
      Jan 15, 2010 08:30:23 pm
      I have a lot of questions for them.

I would imagine a lot of Liverpool fans, sorry customers, have questions as well.

Most businesses have a complaints department that you can telephone.  Certainly most multi-million pounds businesses in which customers hand over hundreds of pound per year.

Anybody else think the owners of the club should put in place a procedure for their paying customers to contact them with their grievances?
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Accountability of the owners
      Reply #1: Jan 15, 2010 08:52:07 pm
      Totally agree and I'm sure the majority of the insightful posters in here could come up with some pretty darn good questions to ask good old Tom & George.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2: Jan 15, 2010 08:57:03 pm
      I'm being serious.

I must invest a few hundred quid every year that goes towards Liverpool Football Club.  If I have a complaint about the level of service or the value of their products then I should have a right to complain.

Some of Liverpool FC's staff have been exceptionally rude to me this year - on numerous occasions I have trekked all the way to Anfield only for some of their staff to not even turn up. The quality of the final product has been exceptionally poor and I feel that I deserve a refund of 75% of my money I have spent on their product since August.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Jan 15, 2010 09:12:46 pm
      You dont excist to them
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #4: Jan 15, 2010 09:22:20 pm
      This must be one of the funniest boards there is.

How do we expect these people to fund such a thing? That certainly will be cutting in to our transfer "kitty" and quite frankly, Rafa needs the money.

OK in being serious, in truth and fact this is something that would add to gloom at Anfield. I wouldn't suggest it. Mancs and other cu*ts would take the piss. This would filter down to the squad and it would be a whole new level of rubbish to the players.
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2010 09:30:27 pm by crzy_jkr@u »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #5: Jan 15, 2010 09:24:25 pm
      Your call will be charged at £5 a minute.
      Calls to mobiles may be more.

Press 1 For Hicks

Press 2 For Gillett.

Press 3 For Parry  after 6 only.

Press 4 For Moores  ( then +34 country code)

Press 5 To Self Destruct In One Minute.

Press 6 For All Other Reasons.

Wait for the beep.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eep.

Uh. Um.
      Q.

Where have you hid the Montreal money George?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #6: Jan 15, 2010 09:28:12 pm

Unfortunately that is probably correct, JD would just be one of many thousand voices.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #7: Jan 15, 2010 09:40:11 pm
      I'm being serious.

I must invest a few hundred quid every year that goes towards Liverpool Football Club.  If I have a complaint about the level of service or the value of their products then I should have a right to complain.

Some of Liverpool FC's staff have been exceptionally rude to me this year - on numerous occasions I have trekked all the way to Anfield only for some of their staff to not even turn up. The quality of the final product has been exceptionally poor and I feel that I deserve a refund of 75% of my money I have spent on their product since August.

Totally agree with you there JD, Trading Standards maybe.....
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #8: Jan 15, 2010 09:40:52 pm
      I googled for their email/telephone numbers. Unfortunatley, however, the internet does not hold all the answers :(
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: Jan 15, 2010 09:51:15 pm
      I googled for their email/telephone numbers. Unfortunatley, however, the internet does not hold all the answers :(

Apparently only "Smarties", have the answer.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #10: Jan 16, 2010 11:18:19 am

A big thankyou to reddebs who has provided me with Tom Hicks email address. Anyone have any specific questions that they would like me to ask him? His email address is thicks@hicksholding.com.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #11: Jan 16, 2010 11:22:50 am

Oh my god I'm going to have so many questions I want to ask this f**ker.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #12: Jan 16, 2010 11:23:55 am
      A big thankyou to reddebs who has provided me with Tom Hicks email address. Anyone have any specific questions that they would like me to ask him? His email address is thicks@hicksholding.com.

Ask him could he F**k off???
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #13: Jan 16, 2010 11:24:05 am
      Oh my god I'm going to have so many questions I want to ask this f**ker.

All credit has to goto reddebs who kindly found the email address.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #14: Jan 16, 2010 11:46:50 am
      Anyone else finding it difficult to send an email to Hicks. Says that the delivery failed permanently >:(
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15: Jan 16, 2010 11:54:48 am
      Mine sent ok the other day Semple but maybe it's been changed since junior resigned  :mad:

I've just emailed again will let you know if it sends ok
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #16: Jan 16, 2010 12:06:26 pm
      My e-mail to Tom Hicks.

Hello Mr Hicks, My name is Darryl and I'm just one of many hundreds of thousands fanatical concerned Liverpool supporters. I am writing to you today, hoping that you can take some time out of your busy schedule to answers some of my questions regarding the current plight our great traditional football club now finds itself in.

I sincerely hope you can find it within yourself to dignify myself and the global following that Liverpool F.C receives with an honest in depth response to the questions I am about to ask to add some much needed clarity as to the issues surrounding our club.

On Febuary 6th 2007 yourself and your business partner George Gillet took ownership of Liverpool F.C, with "Promises" of heaping no debt on the club, building a new stadium and having a spade in the ground within 80 days and funds being made available for world class signings. None of the latter have transpired to be the case and reads like a list of broken promises.

So the questions I beg of you are as follows.

Why did George & yourself make such promises that you could not keep when taking ownership of the club ?

Why did George & yourself heap so much debt up on the club when you both said that would not be the case ?
      Why are funds not being made available to sign world class players ?

Why has the Stadium not even been started, let alone built ?

Why is our manager being forced into a sell to buy policy ?

Why since both George and yourself took owner ship of the club do we have a transfer NET spend of around 30 million, thats 10 million per season, 5 million per transfer window ?

Why are we relying on free transfers/loan signings during this January window ?

Where has all the revenue from the Domestic League/Cups, Champions League, Gate, Merchandising, TV etc etc  gone to ?

Why Is the club paying for the debt that George and Yourself placed up on us ?

Why is it that both yourself & your partner in crime, have recently sold sporting enterprises, yet still refuse to invest any of your own monies in to a proud traditional football club such as Liverpool F.C ?

Would it be fair to suggest that the best way to protect your investment in Liverpool FC is to actually invest some money in it ?

Would it be fair to say that both George and yourself are reluctant to invest in Liverpool F.C as you are both all too aware that the money a proud traditional club with heritage such as ours can repay your debts quite comfortably with out yourself or your partner in crime having to out lay a single cent thus maximising your profit when the time to sell comes ?

What will be next if Champions League football is not secured during the current campaign, will asset stripping the club of our top stars such as Fernando Torres or Steven Gerrard be another means to stop both yourself and George having to dip into your pockets ?

As you can see Mr Hicks I'm rather annoyed at the current plight that both yourself and your business partner have put our great club in and I will wait with baited breath for the answers that I seek. One thing I would like to reiterate is I would like honest answers with no spin doctor or public relations exercises as I believe enough lies were spoken when you first took ownership of the club and now is the time for some good old fashioned honesty.

Many thanks.

Yours sincerely Darryl.

redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #17: Jan 16, 2010 03:33:48 pm
      Top email that to him.

Doubt he'll reply to it though but keep us informed of the progress.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #18: Jan 17, 2010 04:15:51 pm
      I wasn't too sure what to say but I eventually got it out.

Dear Tom Hicks,

My name is Paul Semple. I am a Liverpool Football Club supporter. As you well know, your ownership of the club, alongside George Gillet, has resulted in a lot of anger towards the two of you. This is simply because you and Mr Gillet, are ruining our glorious club. Liverpool have won 18 league titles, 5 European Cups, 7 League Cups, 7 FA Cups and 3 UEFA Cups, amongst others. Unless you sort out our current problem I.e. sell the club to an owner that delievers on their promises and not just one that will give you a massive pay package, this club will not be able to progress to winning more trophies. I am 18 years old. I have grown up as a Liverpool supporter starved of a good manager and thus, has resulted in very few trophies coming into the club. In the 18 years of my life, Liverpool have never won a league and they have won 1 European Cup amongst several other trophies. However, now that we have a fantastic manger in place, Mr Rafael Benitez, you seem content in trying to ruin our best chances of winning the league in years. You have provided Rafa with very little money, you have put the club into further debt due to your borrowing and you have not delievered on your promises e.g. a new Stadium in Stanley Park. I think you owe it to the fans of the club to answer the many questions put to you.

1) Why are you at this club in the first place? Is it simply to make money?
      2) What are the chances of you selling to a buyer who actually wishes to help the Reds, anytime soon?
      3) Why is Rafa being given very little money despite money coming into the club via marketing, player sales etc?
      4) Did you not say recently that any money made from player sales would go into Rafas transfer budget?
      5) What is happening with our new stadium plans that you pomised to deliver?
      6) Do you think it is acceptable for your son to send abusive emails to Liverpool fans who only have Liverpools best interests in heart?
      7) Do you not care about what the fans have to think about the club?
      8 ) Do you not care that you and Gillet are turning this club into a laughing stock?
      9) What happened to the deal with DIC?
      10) Why do you and George Gillet refuse to sit down and talk to one another?
      11) Why do you continue to ignore the Spirit of Shankly group that require answers with regards to your ownership and regularly stage protests that gain huge supoort against your ownership of the club?

In truth, I have many more specific questions to ask you. I appreciate that you are a busy man, running several businesses and a Club, and therefore I have sent you questions that you should have no problem answering. Afterall, all the clubs supporters want is the truth. We know when people are just saying things to get us of their backs so please do tell the truth. I am a member of a Liverpool forum (www.lfcreds.com) and I would appreciate if you could email me back with some good news with regards to the questions I have asked so I can share with my fellow fans. I urge you to go onto that forum and just see what my fellow supporters think of your ownersship of our glorious club. Yours sincerely,

Paul Semple

I tryed sending it yesterday but it wouldn't let me so I am going to give it another go today.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #19: Jan 17, 2010 04:23:27 pm
      Okay, it didn't work again....what the F**k?
      Tryed it again, and again it dosen't work. Its saying that the domain name not found :( anyone help?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #20: Jan 17, 2010 04:28:15 pm

I tryed sending it yesterday but it wouldn't let me so I am going to give it another go today.

Its the wrong email address thats why I've just checked my email and I had a failed delivery message saying that it was not a current email address.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #21: Jan 17, 2010 04:31:35 pm
      I'm being serious.

I must invest a few hundred quid every year that goes towards Liverpool Football Club.  If I have a complaint about the level of service or the value of their products then I should have a right to complain.

I agree with your post.. But, I think your under the assumption that the current Ownership base cares about the supporters. Your Emails go directly to a Spam folder or directly to the trash file. No one reads them, especially Hicks or Gillette.

They dont care because the issues with the fans are not public.  They are not held accountable in the "Public Light".  
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #22: Jan 17, 2010 04:42:05 pm
      Then maybe send it to a local daily, a couple of tv stations especially those nosy ones and not to forget send it by post via Christian Purslow.

Anyone fancy sending some emails to Parry & Moore too? They've been into hiding since they sold our soul to these two American idiots.

Quick Reply