Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The Beatles Red or Blue?

Read 5533 times
      jerseykopite
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 4 posts |
      The Beatles Red or Blue?
      May 22, 2007 08:58:46 am
      Does anyone know if the Beatles were red or blue fans?

Good luck boys com on you reds

YNWA
      « Last Edit: May 22, 2007 01:41:02 pm by jerseykopite »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: The Beatles Red or Blue?
      Reply #1: May 22, 2007 06:55:17 pm
      They looked like a sensible bunch to me - got to be Reds  ;) ;D ;D ;D
      vydex
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | -5 
      Reply #2: May 27, 2007 09:28:01 am
      Mcartney and Lennon were reds and Harrison was a blue dunno about Ringo I think he just liked big tits.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #3: Jun 02, 2007 03:10:35 pm
      He was quite in to trains as well.

Why do you never see Macca at the games then, it's always Chris de Burgh bigging us up.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #4: Jun 02, 2007 03:34:33 pm
      He was quite in to trains as well.

:D I used to love that when I was a kid.

Here's one for the ladies of the forum, who may be Take That fans. Mark Owen is a red, apparently...

John Peel as well!!! A massive influence on music as we know it!
      « Last Edit: Jun 02, 2007 03:46:00 pm by redkenny »
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #5: Jun 02, 2007 05:34:06 pm
      Does Mark Owen even like the ladies?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #6: Jun 03, 2007 03:50:22 pm
      Mcartney and Lennon were reds and Harrison was a blue dunno about Ringo I think he just liked big tits.

:laugh: hahahahaha I like it
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #7: Jun 03, 2007 04:15:00 pm
      McCartney and Lennon were reds and Harrison was a blue dunno about Ringo I think he just liked big tits.

ha ha, i like that about Ringo, and very true.

I'm very glad to say i have meet all four of the boys, Lennon and Harrison meet Bill and Bob a few times, I'm not sure if they understood what they were talking about, none of them was into football, they were leaning on the reds side that is about as much as you can say.
      redmitch
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #8: Jun 11, 2007 09:05:47 am

So Ringo was also a blue!? >:D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #9: Jun 13, 2007 11:16:43 pm

So Ringo was also a blue!? >:D

Nah, Everton aren't big tits according to Rafa!  8) Just small tits  :D
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: Jun 13, 2007 11:19:32 pm
      I thought they were all Blues? ???
      vydex
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | -5 
      Reply #11: Jun 14, 2007 08:29:08 am
      I thought they were all Blues? ???

Most defo not Nicola. if you look on the cover of Sgt Peppers album, you will see  in the crowd of people there is Albert Stubbins. He was a Liverpool player who scored a lot of goals for us and a great player, if you ask any of the old brigade they will all tell you about his famous diving header in the middle of winter on that hard frost bitten ground, I think I have a film of that somewhere I will post it if I find it. Anyway Macca held him in such high esteem that he insisted that he was on the front cover of sgt peppers. There ya go a little bit of history for ya enjoy ;D....
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #12: Jun 14, 2007 08:37:28 am
      I must admit i had always thought Macca was a blue and Lennon a red, but after reading around i have come to the conclusion that they didn't follow either team or take that much of an interest in sport at all.

Piece from the Guardian.

The Beatles were never regulars at either Anfield or Goodison Park - so it really depends on which titbit of folklore you choose to swallow.

Donald Philips is among many who think that the Sergeant Pepper cover is the killer giveaway. Standing just on Marlene Dietrich's shoulder grinning madly is Albert Stubbins, the red-haired Liverpool centre forward - and the only player to make the many-faced cover.

While there are those who claim, rather mean-spiritedly, that Stubbins only made the cover because John Lennon liked his name, many more are determined to prove that the Beatles worshiped at the Kop when not hopping across the continents for a visit to the Maharishi.
      Karl Coppack comes up with Paul McCartney trying to get the 1977 Liverpool v Man United FA Cup final on the radio while on his boat in the Caribbean, while the words clutching at straws come to mind for both Stephen Pepper - who recalls the Beatles wearing a huge red-and-white scarf in a skiing scene of Help! - and Ian Gresham, who remembers snaps from 1968's Mad Day Out photo session of McCartney wearing a red-and-white rosette.
      A number of you with a worrying knowledge of Beatles lyrics also point out that Matt Busby - an ex-Liverpool player - gets a namecheck on Dig It.
      But there are equally tenuous claims for a link between McCartney and Everton. Paul has been known to mention that his uncles used to support the Toffees - and that every now and then he would tarry along with them.
      And then there was the rumour that warmed Everton hearts a couple of years back that McCartney was about to invest a lot of money with the club. They're still waiting for that investment.
      The real answer seems to be that the Beatles did not have any great love of football - unusual in four lads from a footballing city, as Karl Naden points out, but not impossible. Indeed, the only positive sighting of a Beatle at a sporting event comes from Iain Saunders, who sat behind McCartney at a New York Yankees baseball game.
      Finally George Harrision's reply to those impertinent enough to ask which club he supported was the obtuse: "There are three teams in Liverpool and I prefer the other one." Which leaves us very much where we started.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #13: Jun 14, 2007 09:37:55 am
      Hehe, cheers vydex ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #14: Dec 23, 2009 01:50:17 am
      Random Christmas topic bump.

I don't think we ever got the full information on this back in the early days of the forum.

Anybody got the necessary answers about the world's greatest band?
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #15: Dec 23, 2009 02:03:00 am
      I know Lennon was a die hard Red.  Remember reading an article from the Echo not so long a go.

Paul's probably a bluenose, after all, he's a nobhead anyway.  ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #16: Dec 23, 2009 02:03:08 am
      Got to be Red because they couldn't have become as great as they did if they were Blue, Blues couldn't achieve success even if it was tieing their own shoe laces ;)

ROGERHUNT65
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #17: Dec 23, 2009 06:54:18 am
      When Paul mcCartney was a lad he used to go goodison with his dad(BLUENOSE). The film Help,  the Beatles wore Red and white scarves ?.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #18: Dec 23, 2009 09:48:04 pm
      When Paul mcCartney was a lad he used to go goodison with his dad(BLUENOSE). The film Help,  the Beatles wore Red and white scarves ?.
      If McCartney had been directed to the correct side of Stanley Park the Beatles would never have formed because if he had seen LFC in his formative years the lad would have been mesmerised and probably took up busking to earn a few pound for the game.
      ssr.w
      • Forum David Johnson

• 245 posts |
      • Liverbird tattoed in my heart!
      Reply #19: Dec 23, 2009 11:14:58 pm
      Macca was a Red, he was seen at the kop with Linda in some several games, but when he was a child his father was a bluenose, but Macca stay true to his heart and follow the Reds in person or by radio, while Lennon was a Manc or a Gunner, judging by several readings that I've made and the cover of 'walls and bridges' that he draw when he was a boy from a pic from some newspaper, and George once say that he is not neither from the Reds or blues, that he was from the third team in Liverpool, I can not remember the name, maybe some of you guys can help me in this, and Ringo was always chaising ladies.. err you know he was the drummer, so much time to spend..
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #20: Dec 23, 2009 11:26:31 pm
      Judging by the conflicting answers on here is it safe to assume that nobody has the foggiest idea what the Beatles were? :D
      ssr.w
      • Forum David Johnson

• 245 posts |
      • Liverbird tattoed in my heart!
      Reply #21: Dec 23, 2009 11:31:33 pm
      Judging by the conflicting answers on here is it safe to assume that nobody has the foggiest idea what the Beatles were? :D

I guess that's the only true in here !!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #22: Dec 23, 2009 11:35:43 pm
      Macca was a Red, he was seen at the kop with Linda in some several games, but when he was a child his father was a bluenose, but Macca stay true to his heart and follow the Reds in person or by radio, while Lennon was a Manc or a Gunner, judging by several readings that I've made and the cover of 'walls and bridges' that he draw when he was a boy from a pic from some newspaper, and George once say that he is not neither from the Reds or blues, that he was from the third team in Liverpool, I can not remember the name, maybe some of you guys can help me in this, and Ringo was always chaising ladies.. err you know he was the drummer, so much time to spend..

I tell you what. You're right about one thing. Ringo was indeed always chasing the ladies. I'll give him a little stroke for you when I get to my Mum's tomorrow.

Quick Reply