Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Drives Me Mad! - The Drivers' Thread

Read 89795 times
      comeonyoureds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Re: Drives Me Mad! - The Drivers' Thread
      Reply #23: May 29, 2007 05:08:39 pm
      I cant be doing with people who dont indicate at roundabouts as you have to use ESP to get a clue to what way they are going.People who are driving like a scene from the Italian job and as they pass you you see they have a baby on board sticker in the back window?
      Also why do buses have those "please let my bus out" stickers on the back of them? it should say sod you I'm pulling out no matter what.
      And on a final note, this may be because the lady concerned is a horrible bitter blue but what is it with those Babe on board stickers? my neighbour suffers from delusions of grandeur as she in know way resembles a babe, now if she means the pig I can see where she is comming from, all novelty stickers and signs and fluffy dice should be banned. ;)

agree with the indication thing-and today nearly had my new car bumped by an idiot who was in the wrong lane and cut us right in

ive got a little liverpool bear in my car (and one on my keys) does that count. i really want a mini-kit for my car
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #24: May 29, 2007 07:32:17 pm
      ive got a little liverpool bear in my car (and one on my keys) does that count. I really want a mini-kit for my car

No you can have all the bears you want if they are Red bears ;D Its just those daft signs that do my head in, the girl in the end house by us has a sign that says "if you get any closer you will have to marry me" and another that says "babe on board" now i am by no means a Brad Pitt look a like but this girl is a horror so whoever sold her the sign should be done under the trades description act. I also once had Liverpool stickers in the back window of the car but i started getting damage with a felt tip pen on the bodywork so i took the stickers out and the dammage stopped, some bitter blues people are so sad.
      comeonyoureds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #25: May 29, 2007 07:46:50 pm
      thats good-ive got a Liverpool air freshener as well-people are always saying 'ah you'll get your car keyed by antu-reds';D

i'm not a big fan of boys who do their cars up when they're really old bangers either. but thats just me being picky!  :P
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #26: May 29, 2007 07:53:09 pm
      old people nuff said. i think we all shud be tested again at 60 because the reactions ain't the same at that age. and wen ime on the subject 17, 18, 19 yr olds in cars thinkin they own the roads. they shud be given a restricted 1000cc engine for the first 2yrs of passing there test.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #27: May 29, 2007 08:07:11 pm
      I work in a builders' merchant and so need to drive fork-lifts and a reach truck. Our yard is split in two, builders side and plumbers side. 80% of traffic comes through our yard to follow a one-way system. The hazards are many and there are near accidents and things customers do which can piss me off!

For example;
      1. Delivery drivers come racing into our yard at a bazillion mph.
      They are concerned with only one thing - getting home!
      Due consideration to other people and vehicles is lost.
      They risk inches at speed against safety.
      A fork-lift reverses slowly from one of the sheds...

2. Builders park vehicles in the yard at will (it is difficult as the yard is long and narrow).
      Fork-lifts are blocked in, work comes to a halt.
      Assembled deliveries are blocked in by parked vans / lorries.
      Our lorries can't get loaded to deliver their loads.
      Other builders can't get their goods loaded as we can't access their vans.

3. Customers drive into the yard, past the staff then do u-turns - they can't find what they want!
      We are employed to help them.
      They are driving the wrong way.
      There is an articulated lorry driving into the yard.
      They now have to do another u-turn.
      The yard is busy and chaos occurs!

4. Articulated lorries require access on both sides to unload.
      The yard is busy so access is limited.
      People drive close to or past a fork-lift taking large / heavy loads from lorries, without any warning  >:(

5. Vehicles speed around blind corners at the end of the building.
      Fork-lifts carrying Tonne bags of aggregate / sand etc. need speed / momentum to negotiate the ramp from the bottom yard into the top yard.
      The forks are raised and a vehicle speeding around the corner towards the fork-lift.
      Sharp braking causes the straps on the bulk bags to snap.
      A tonne of sand spills onto the ramp.
      Time is lost and nothing is achieved but an accident!

6. Endless obstructions, materials, rubbish etc.

7. Somebody has left a fork-lift with the engine running and empty forks raised!  :angry-smiley-034: >:( >:(

A day in the life of a fork-lift driver...

Our builders yard is on the right-hand side of the picture, follow it to the end of the building and down the ramp into the plumbers yard around the next left turn.
      « Last Edit: May 29, 2007 08:12:06 pm by RED1028 »
      comeonyoureds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #28: May 29, 2007 08:24:53 pm
      I work in a builders' merchant and so need to drive fork-lifts and a reach truck. Our yard is split in two, builders side and plumbers side. 80% of traffic comes through our yard to follow a one-way system. The hazards are many and there are near accidents and things customers do which can piss me off!

For example;
      1. Delivery drivers come racing into our yard at a bazillion mph.
      They are concerned with only one thing - getting home!
      Due consideration to other people and vehicles is lost.
      They risk inches at speed against safety.
      A fork-lift reverses slowly from one of the sheds...

2. Builders park vehicles in the yard at will (it is difficult as the yard is long and narrow).
      Fork-lifts are blocked in, work comes to a halt.
      Assembled deliveries are blocked in by parked vans / lorries.
      Our lorries can't get loaded to deliver their loads.
      Other builders can't get their goods loaded as we can't access their vans.

3. Customers drive into the yard, past the staff then do u-turns - they can't find what they want!
      We are employed to help them.
      They are driving the wrong way.
      There is an articulated lorry driving into the yard.
      They now have to do another u-turn.
      The yard is busy and chaos occurs!

4. Articulated lorries require access on both sides to unload.
      The yard is busy so access is limited.
      People drive close to or past a fork-lift taking large / heavy loads from lorries, without any warning  >:(

5. Vehicles speed around blind corners at the end of the building.
      Fork-lifts carrying Tonne bags of aggregate / sand etc. need speed / momentum to negotiate the ramp from the bottom yard into the top yard.
      The forks are raised and a vehicle speeding around the corner towards the fork-lift.
      Sharp braking causes the straps on the bulk bags to snap.
      A tonne of sand spills onto the ramp.
      Time is lost and nothing is achieved but an accident!

6. Endless obstructions, materials, rubbish etc.

7. Somebody has left a fork-lift with the engine running and empty forks raised!  :angry-smiley-034: >:( >:(

A day in the life of a fork-lift driver...

Our builders yard is on the right-hand side of the picture, follow it to the end of the building and down the ramp into the plumbers yard around the next left turn.

all of these things would drive me nuts!
      banksiemagic
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #29: May 29, 2007 10:13:04 pm
      having spent most of my working life driving one form of vehicle or another, i feel well qualified to comment on this subject! however, having had a particularly long day (13 hrs, at least 11 behind the wheel!) i'll refrain from doing so tonight as i fear my comments may turn into a several thousand word rant about the general incompetence of most people on the road, and there'd be no discrimination here - men, women, old, young! anyway, that's for another night, when i've not had such a bad day, when it'd be more light hearted and not so hyper critical (not hypocritical!) maybe tomorrow.....
      ..... watch this space!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #30: May 30, 2007 05:19:42 pm
      A tale of road signs....

Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #31: May 30, 2007 08:28:46 pm
      Thats a classic that Kenny!

:D
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #32: May 30, 2007 08:47:46 pm
      Nice one redkenny, I'm happy with the input on this thread!

Here's another thing that I think annoys most drivers... pedestrians! Especially those who see you coming and run out in front of you. If they had waited 5 seconds longer they could have walked across the road! But some do any way when they see you coming and that really piss me off,  >:( >:( >:(  I put my foot down, make then run a bit!  :o :D

Drivers who change direction without indication especially those who cut you up deserve to be terminated by way of firing squad!

Also people who park in stupid places annoy me! Double yellow lines mean NO PARKING not park here at your leisure. Neither does it mean cause congestion by being selfish and inconsiderate as people try to pass you but end up on the wrong side of the road heading into oncoming traffic. Giving that "Oh sorry! Am I in the way?" look deserves an uppercut too!
       :boxing:

Yellow Lines

Double yellow lines mean that parking is restricted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (in other words ‘at any time’). With effect from 31 January 2003 councils are not required to erect a sign plate to accompany an ‘at any time’ restriction. In some areas, (for example holiday resorts), the ‘at any time’ restriction may apply for only part of the year, although this must be for at least four consecutive months. In these cases a sign, showing the duration of the restriction, will be erected.

Here endeth my groaning  ::)  ;)
      « Last Edit: May 30, 2007 09:06:01 pm by RED1028 »
      comeonyoureds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #33: May 31, 2007 04:53:44 pm
      oh yeah, the cost of parking-especially in cardiff!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #34: May 31, 2007 05:18:18 pm
      over here in LA no one.....thats NO ONE indicates.....no flashing light, no hand gesture, not even a look to to see  who is behind them......its drive fast, brake quickly and turn......ZERO awareness!

Then, even though we have 5 or 6 lane motorways (freeways) they don't understand the highly complex system of fast lanes to slow lanes.....every lane is their own personal road and in their eyes no one else matters....combine this with the lack of indicating and its like Death row...you know your time will come.

Also kids here are allowed to drink and smoke only when they are 21, join the army at 18, own a gun at 18, get married at 16 (though younger in Utah I think) and vote at 18.....BUT you can drive some suped up Kia or honda civic at 16!!!! WTF.....this town is over run with deranged toddler race drivers!

But most annoying and this is a common point on this topic is the lack of the 'thankyou' hand gesture....it doesn't exist! I wouldn't be so irate if I got the nod, the wink, the raised index finger....nothing.....th ey don't  even look at you.....not even acknowledging you exist....God I hate that!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #35: May 31, 2007 07:34:30 pm
      Having to drive on the wrong side of the road when you go abroad. That Napoleon's got a lot to answer for  >:(
      Sarah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 484 posts | 16 
      Reply #36: Jun 01, 2007 09:57:13 am
      Comeonyoured

I live in Cardiff and i've found a cheap car park  ;D
      These NCP carparks are a complete rip off id rather catch a bus
      than pay 360 an hour in them!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #37: Jun 01, 2007 01:23:30 pm
      Just back from Spain and did a bit of driving over there.  Quite like driving on the 'wrong' side.

What amazed though was the sheer lack of traffic.  Ace. I know Spain has a lower population than us but they don't have a lot of double or triple lane roads and traffic just seems to keep on moving.  Even the single lane road in and out of the airport at Murcia was a breeze.

I think road planners in this country have a lot to look at from our European cousins.
      comeonyoureds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #38: Jun 01, 2007 06:36:08 pm
      Comeonyoured

I live in Cardiff and I've found a cheap car park  ;D
      the NCP by the arena which was where i used to park was mental prices!! actually, has it been knocked down tho? or maybe im thinking of something else ;D!sapphire gardens is good price tho

got to love the cardiff! :):)

Sarah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 484 posts | 16 
      Reply #39: Jun 02, 2007 09:26:56 am
      That ones been knocked down now but all NCP carparks charge over the top prices.
      i park in the one by the prison, not sure if u know it or now but its really cheap.
      Im lazy so Sophia Gardens is too far for me to walk into town ;D  :D :D
      comeonyoureds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #40: Jun 02, 2007 11:23:06 am
      That ones been knocked down now but all NCP carparks charge over the top prices.
      I park in the one by the prison, not sure if u know it or now but its really cheap.
      Im lazy so Sophia Gardens is too far for me to walk into town ;D  :D :D

ooh didnt know about that one! will have to have a look next time i'm in town. is it the ione opposite the new uni of glamorgan building? by the arena?
      Sisowler
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts |
      • . 1977 1978 1981 1984 2005
      Reply #41: Jun 02, 2007 11:31:36 am
      That was quality redkenny. Ha ha
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #42: Jun 02, 2007 12:09:49 pm
      I cant be doing with people who dont indicate at roundabouts as you have to use ESP to get a clue to what way they are going.People who are driving like a scene from the Italian job and as they pass you you see they have a baby on board sticker in the back window?
      Also why do buses have those "please let my bus out" stickers on the back of them? it should say sod you I'm pulling out no matter what.
      And on a final note, this may be because the lady concerned is a horrible bitter blue but what is it with those Babe on board stickers? my neighbour suffers from delusions of grandeur as she in know way resembles a babe, now if she means the pig I can see where she is comming from, all novelty stickers and signs and fluffy dice should be banned. ;)
      I agree!
      People not indicating on roundabouts, BUSES they have ones in Cardiff now, I can't remember how long they are, but they're double the length of normal buses, "bendy buses" they're called. Oooh they're so annoying.
      I lost my 'babe on board' thingy when I changed cars, but I have pink dice, pink steering wheel cover, pink handcuffs, pink seatbelt cover, pink handbreak and gearstick covers, umm CCFC tax disc holder, welsh dice .. think that's about it! :P
      oh yeah, the cost of parking-especially in cardiff!
      Disgusting isn't it!
      Comeonyoured

I live in Cardiff and I've found a cheap car park  ;D
      I park by my church in town, the end where the Capital Centre is, for £50 a year (that my mum pays) which is brilliant!

Car park are awful, I took my Nan in once, she wanted a hat for a wedding, so parking by church is too far for her to walk (she's 87) so she said could we go in the car park and she'd pay, yeah fine, so we parked inthe disabled bay (put her badge in the front) and went to 2 shops, Howells and Debenhams. I think we weren't even in town for an hour, it cost about £3. F***ing disgusting.

You know what else gets me, on that note, people who park in disabled spaces (and parent-child ones) in supermarket car parks. Okay maybe there aren't any spaces but disabled people can't walk far, if they can walk at all. This only pisses me off sooo much because one of my cousins is disabled and he can't really walk far, I'd never park in these spaces ever ever even if I was desperate!! >:(
      comeonyoureds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #43: Jun 02, 2007 04:08:43 pm
      Nic-i so agree! People who park is disabled spaces when they aren't are awful! my fridn did it once and i just felt so embarassed and guilty!! i made her move though. theres no need for it!

car parks are just a rip off in general..well most of them. not all! the ones in Ponty are cheap as ;D
      Sisowler
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts |
      • . 1977 1978 1981 1984 2005
      Reply #44: Jun 02, 2007 04:14:31 pm
      I hate people who drive under the speed limit. That really bugs me.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #45: Jun 02, 2007 05:58:15 pm
      I hate people who drive under the speed limit. That really bugs me.

I presume you mean excessively under the speed limit?

Quick Reply