Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Drives Me Mad! - The Drivers' Thread

Read 89440 times
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Re: Drives Me Mad! - The Drivers' Thread
      Reply #46: Jun 02, 2007 06:07:15 pm
      Nic-I so agree! People who park is disabled spaces when they aren't are awful! my fridn did it once and I just felt so embarassed and guilty!! I made her move though. theres no need for it!

car parks are just a rip off in general..well most of them. not all! the ones in Ponty are cheap as ;D
      I would never let anyone who was driving me do it!!

Yeah all car parks are expensive to be fair, even the new ones in the streets with the meters on!
      comeonyoureds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #47: Jun 02, 2007 06:26:09 pm
      I would never let anyone who was driving me do it!!

Yeah all car parks are expensive to be fair, even the new ones in the streets with the meters on!

nope, had to make her move.car parking should be free! do they not know how long us girls like to shop for!! and car parking takes up a lot of money ;D

by the way-i dunno if ive got this right but i think your friends on facebook with one of my mates? alex clarke? might have got it wrong but i think i recognised you when i was posting on his wall?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #48: Jun 02, 2007 09:21:26 pm
      Ok ok...I REALLY HATE those 'Baby on Board' stickers....what are you trying to tell me? What shall I do? Turn down my music so i don't wake you baby? Drive even slower? Sing a lullaby as I pass your awful and distracted driving display! Most people are decent drivers, your sticker ain't going to change those who are idiots behind the wheel....

Or are you so proud that you have a baby that you have to tell the world just how special and perfect your offspring is....its not! We all....beleive it or not were once babies...we a have all been there and you aren't  the first or the last....yes you have a womb and managed to give birth....well done.

These are the same parents who in years to come are so blinded by their child that they can't see what a bad job they have done raising a tool of a kid....get over yourselves!!!
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #49: Jun 02, 2007 09:29:23 pm
      Ok ok...I REALLY HATE those 'Baby on Board' stickers....what are you trying to tell me? What shall I do? Turn down my music so I don't wake you baby? Drive even slower? Sing a lullaby as I pass your awful and distracted driving display! Most people are decent drivers, your sticker ain't going to change those who are idiots behind the wheel....

Or are you so proud that you have a baby that you have to tell the world just how special and perfect your offspring is....its not! We all....beleive it or not were once babies...we a have all been there and you aren't  the first or the last....yes you have a womb and managed to give birth....well done.

These are the same parents who in years to come are so blinded by their child that they can't see what a bad job they have done raising a tool of a kid....get over yourselves!!!

Deep breaths Lester, deep breaths :D
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #50: Jun 02, 2007 09:32:18 pm
      nope, had to make her move.car parking should be free! do they not know how long us girls like to shop for!! and car parking takes up a lot of money ;D

by the way-I dunno if ive got this right but I think your friends on facebook with one of my mates? alex clarke? might have got it wrong but I think I recognised you when I was posting on his wall?
      Hehehehe yeah it should be free :D

Yeppp I know him, not sure how, probs through a Cardiff City group on Facebook, add me if you like :)

Hehe yep Lester calm down mate.. Giving birth is an amazing (but F***ing disgusting!) thing and most women are proud.. so.. calm..  hehe.
      comeonyoureds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #51: Jun 03, 2007 09:53:14 am
      Hehehehe yeah it should be free :D

Yeppp I know him, not sure how, probs through a Cardiff City group on Facebook, add me if you like :)

Hehe yep Lester calm down mate.. Giving birth is an amazing (but f***ing disgusting!) thing and most women are proud.. so.. calm..  hehe.

will do!

people who leave their indicators on on even after they've turned/come off the roundabout whatever.

people who pull over with no indication at all

these also annoy me
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #52: Jun 03, 2007 11:09:31 am
      ^ Hell yeah!

People who don't indicate properly on roundabouts.
      Left you indicate left.
      Straight foward you don't indicate until you are about to turn off.
      Right you indicate right then when you're about to turn off you indicate left.
      NOT HARD IS IT!! >:(
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #53: Jun 03, 2007 11:12:20 am
      Motorcyclists weaving in & out on the motorway when you're stuck in traffic. Suppose I can't really blame them cos I'd do the same, but still annoys me.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #54: Jun 03, 2007 11:20:55 pm
      Motorcyclists weaving in & out on the motorway when you're stuck in traffic. Suppose I can't really blame them cos I'd do the same, but still annoys me.

agreed....but how about when you see them coming up behind you in the mirror and you purposely move abit to one side to allow them more room....a gesture of courtesy and being safety conscious and the b*stards on two wheels doesn't even acknowledge your good deed as he passes you in acres of space rather than risking his life! Ungrateful tools....
      comeonyoureds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #55: Jun 04, 2007 07:55:25 pm
      agreed....but how about when you see them coming up behind you in the mirror and you purposely move abit to one side to allow them more room....a gesture of courtesy and being safety conscious and the b*stards on two wheels doesn't even acknowledge your good deed as he passes you in acres of space rather than risking his life! Ungrateful tools....

this goes right back to the fact that the one single thing that annoys me more than anything else in the world is people who dont say thank you when you let them out/ through, anything like that

driving back from Cardiff i counted four people who didnt say thanks! arghhhhhhh!!!!
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #56: Jul 02, 2007 07:30:37 pm
      ***** 2nd July 2007 *****

Just had to let off some steam as today I was overtaken by an idiot with a penis extension - yes, he had an RS Cosworth.
      He screamed past me doing 50 in a 30 then slowed down for the speed camera, then had to stop at a red light.
      I was some way behind him so knew the light sequence and rolled up slowly behind him as the lights turned green. Thinking (wrongly) he would scream away from the lights I remained in 4th gear.
      The tosser saw me coming and just tried staring me out in his rear view mirror. He left the lights doing 2mph with me right up his arse and continued for at least 100 yards at that pace. What an absolute w**ker  :tosser:

I love driving, really, I do! But occasionally someone, somewhere will do something that throws a spanner in the works. I turn from a pleasant, considerate "No, you go first!" kind of driver into a wicked, hellbent, evil b***ard in the blink of an eye if someone does something to upset me!  :o :f_doh: :( ??? >:( :f_steam: >:D :hate: :ohyeah: :action-smiley-055: :boxing:.
      This will more than likely occur if:

1. Drivers who pull out from a side road to turn right and therefore crossing my path are just asking to be shunted! -
      If I didn't invite you to enter my right of way, causing me to brake suddenly or change direction (known in the world of motoring as a HAZARD) then expect a piece of my mind!

2. You absolutely and totally do not acknowledge my courtesy when I have let you go across my path. -
      It's called good manners, it doesn't take much - a polite wave, a smile, both, or failing that a nice disco display on the indicators always goes down well!  ;)

3. I am cut up at high speed (especially with no indication!) This is called dangerous driving and only a tw*t would do that. -
      My car is good for 120mph and I too can drive like a tw*t if provoked...  :o >:( >:D

The above 3 examples have 2 things in common: 1, Entering my space 2, Inconsideration. Not a good combination.

PARKING

Love it or hate it, if we're not mobile we all have to park! I bought a car, I tax my car, I insure my car (fully comp - just in case!). I put petrol in my car, I maintain my car and then I have to find a home for it. These little gems bug me when it comes to parking:

1. The cost of parking! -
      I can no longer park freely outside my own house as Croydon Council in their infinite wisdom have as of 1st April 2007, put pay and display bays opposite my house. On my side of the road there are double yellows. The controlled zone operates Mon -Fri 9am - 5pm. I start work at 7.30am, finish at 5pm so no problem there but I will not pay £40 a year to park outside my own house on a Saturday, it's a point of principal - fu*k Croydon Council ! :action-smiley-055:

1a. I drove into Leicester Square - London,  last year for my birthday. The NCP in the middle of London is... (sit down for this -) £16 an hour! fu*k THAT! I can buy a meal for that! The parking bays were £4 for 15mins - HA! NO CHANCE!
      I did what any self-respecting driver would do - found a spot right outside the restaurant for a fraction of the price and the restrictions expired within half an hour of me finding the space!  ;) :D

2. Parallel parking.
      When I am parallel parking it pisses me off no end when I have indicated left and then slowed down to have some idiot drive so close up my arse they could be on my back seat!  ??? >:( I need to reverse, you are in my space and you are a tw*t!  >:(

When emerging from a parallel space I indicate left or right and emerge a little distance from the kerb so that I can peer around the car in front (and let oncoming drivers see my indicator!)
      Why do people think it's so important to speed up and go onto the opposite side of the road?  ???  :tosser:

Also when parking bonnet or boot first (bonnet first when shopping, boot first when not! (usually!) the same as above, drivers racing in front or behind you  ??? :tosser:

Also as previously mentioned idiots who park in Disabled bays and Kids bays - that is just so lazy and inconsiderate and brings me to this conclusion...

Drivers of the world are more likely to get pissed off by other drivers due to lack of consideration and courtesy. Here endeth the lesson! ;) :D
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #57: Jul 02, 2007 07:43:31 pm
      People who are taking their driving test drive me nuts, there so slow and don't have a clue what there doing!  ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #58: Jul 02, 2007 08:32:17 pm
      People who are taking their driving test drive me nuts, there so slow and don't have a clue what there doing!  ;)

:D :D

How did that drink go Liverbird? :drink:

Good post RED1028! Filled with a lot of anger and fury, but very funny! :D :D
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #59: Jan 18, 2008 03:27:28 pm
      Today some dickhead bus driver cut me up on a mini-roundabout near my house. You always give way to the right on a roundabout but not this nutter...  :o Instead he turned right across my path and I had to swerve to avoid him as I was making my manouvre!  :f_steam: My saving grace was that I was turning LEFT and not right otherwise he would have crashed straight into me! One word for this idiot...  :tosser: f***in' :tosser:
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #60: Jan 18, 2008 04:18:32 pm
      Load of tossers eh Red!

I've got my first driving lesson on the 26th!

Hope I don't come across some wankers that may cause some concern.  *TOUCH WOOD*
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #61: Jan 18, 2008 04:28:54 pm
      I'll stay in on the 26th then Court  ;) :D :D

Oh, no I wont, will be going to Anfield  :D :D
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #62: Jan 18, 2008 06:20:20 pm
      I'm driving at 1, for 2 hours!

So if you crash in to me it's your fault :lmao:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #63: Jan 18, 2008 06:28:48 pm
      Start of the year and already I have to get my car tax, followed by MOT two weeks later and now I've got to replace my battery!! Not too bad, but when things start happening like that, it usually means other things are going to go on you as well! Hoping my MOT goes well because I'm pretty skint!!

I've got my first driving lesson on the 26th!

I'll have a word with Merseytravel and see if I can get that Mersey Tunnel closed down for the day...  ;)
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #64: Jan 18, 2008 06:31:51 pm
      I'll have a word with Merseytravel and see if I can get that Mersey Tunnel closed down for the day...  ;)

That'll do nicely that Kenny.  Keep Smiggs away from the Wirral!  :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #65: Jan 18, 2008 06:36:46 pm
      That'll do nicely that Kenny.  Keep Smiggs away from the Wirral!  :D

:lmao:

Well, you know how she was guilty of putting Liverbird off his test. You best steer clear of her on the road (no pun intended)  ;)
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #66: Jan 18, 2008 06:42:46 pm
      :D

If I see a woman approaching my car flashing her baps at me I'll know you have failed me Kenny!!  :lmao:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #67: Jan 18, 2008 06:46:28 pm

If I see a woman approaching my car flashing her baps at me I'll know you have failed me Kenny!!  :lmao:

If that's the case, I'll learn you how to drive Court!  ;) :D
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #68: Jan 18, 2008 06:53:20 pm
      If that's the case, I'll learn you how to drive Court!  ;) :D

Hey why not.  If Smiggs is trying to put us off with something new every week I'm game for that!

Quick Reply