Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Coldplay

Read 16601 times
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Coldplay
      Feb 23, 2010 06:00:00 pm
      Is there a thread for this band? If so truly sorry, if not truly sorry.

Yes, I am not afraid to say I like Coldplay. I like there melodic taste, their alternative/soft rock. They're like marmite - you either love em or hate them!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Coldplay
      Reply #1: Feb 23, 2010 06:04:11 pm
      They're coming to Brazil next week...

Still deciding if I go, it's too expensive and I'm not the biggest fan, but many friends are going.
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #2: Feb 23, 2010 07:09:32 pm
      They're coming to Brazil next week...

Still deciding if I go, it's too expensive and I'm not the biggest fan, but many friends are going.

I went to their gig at Glasgow over a year ago (part of the same tour) and it was simply brilliant. The show is great fun and over halfway through they perform at the back of the room. I would advise it to anyone!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #3: Feb 23, 2010 07:24:51 pm
      They're like marmite - you either love em or hate them!

Not true! I think they're OK.
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #4: Feb 23, 2010 07:29:49 pm
      Think this song is epic! 100 times better than the overplayed Viva La Vida

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #5: Feb 23, 2010 11:54:38 pm
      I F***ing love them.
      I've seen them twice on the Viva tour. Not only the best band in the world right now, but the best live band too.

It seems to be cool to hate coldplay for some reason, just because they're one of the most popular bands across the world, and it's cool to hate popular stuff.

When you see them in interviews, they're lovely genuine nice guys who just want to make really good music and playt it for their fans.
      They've got amazing ambition too, to keep improving after each album.

All four studio albums are brilliant, probably the 4 most played albums in my music library.

I'm not ashamed to say i love coldplay!!! ;D ;D ;D
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #6: Feb 24, 2010 12:24:33 pm
      I f**king love them.
      I've seen them twice on the Viva tour. Not only the best band in the world right now, but the best live band too.

It seems to be cool to hate coldplay for some reason, just because they're one of the most popular bands across the world, and it's cool to hate popular stuff.

When you see them in interviews, they're lovely genuine nice guys who just want to make really good music and playt it for their fans.
      They've got amazing ambition too, to keep improving after each album.

All four studio albums are brilliant, probably the 4 most played albums in my music library.

I'm not ashamed to say I love coldplay!!! ;D ;D ;D

Good to hear! All 4 of them are lovely modest, down to earth guys who honestly do not have a bad word to say against anyone. Also people misunderstand Chris Martin. I used to think U2 were the best live band, but Coldplay are consistently brilliant live which is incredible. I look forward with excitement to LP5!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #7: Feb 24, 2010 12:32:30 pm
      It's a kind of inverted snobbery when people say they don't like them, when a band make the supergroup status it happens. Musically they are outstanding and Chris Martin is an intelligent,unassuming individual and talented man. 
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #8: Feb 24, 2010 02:24:59 pm
      Some of their songs are good and catchy but Chris Martin is a tosser.
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #9: Feb 24, 2010 04:38:16 pm
      Some of their songs are good and catchy but Chris Martin is a tosser.

Do you think so? I 100% believe he's portrayed in some sections of the media that way albeit unfairly. Perhaps a lot of people don't like him because his charitable work and desire to see a healthier world? He's not like Bono who thinks he can solve problems like fair trade but he's just a very well known campaigner - although he doesn't shove it down our throats at Coldplay concerts like at some U2 gigs. Plus Martin keeps his private life private even though he is married to one of Hollywoods biggest actresses!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #10: Feb 24, 2010 05:20:12 pm
      Do you think so? I 100% believe he's portrayed in some sections of the media that way albeit unfairly. Perhaps a lot of people don't like him because his charitable work and desire to see a healthier world? He's not like Bono who thinks he can solve problems like fair trade but he's just a very well known campaigner - although he doesn't shove it down our throats at Coldplay concerts like at some U2 gigs. Plus Martin keeps his private life private even though he is married to one of Hollywoods biggest actresses!
      No but some of the things he does and some of the things he's said are stupid.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #11: Feb 24, 2010 08:05:35 pm
      Well said, that's pretty much how i feel too.
      And i don't think he's ever done or said anything to warrant being called a tosser. That's just believing what the media tell you mate.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #12: Feb 24, 2010 08:21:32 pm
      What pisses the media off is he is a private man and unlike some does not court the attention of the sensationalist press as a result they are not over complimentary towards him at best - the usual attitude is to say the least hostile.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #13: Feb 24, 2010 08:29:59 pm
      Well said, that's pretty much how i feel too.
      And i don't think he's ever done or said anything to warrant being called a tosser. That's just believing what the media tell you mate.
      He has done a few things that warrant it, I still like their music but he as an individual isn't my favourite.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #14: Feb 24, 2010 08:32:01 pm
      He has done a few things that warrant it.

Name a few
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #15: Feb 24, 2010 09:34:09 pm
      There's nothing in particular, he just seems up himself a bit, but he does do a lot of good stuff for charity.
      Chris Martin Attacks Paparazzi at The Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC - (14-Jan-08)
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #16: Feb 24, 2010 09:39:03 pm
      The reason he hit that pap was because he was following him around when he was visiting his wife in hospital after she'd just give birth and she wasn't feeling well.
      And to be honest, anyone who does that to a paparazzi goes up in my estimation if anything. Scum of the earth they are
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #17: Feb 24, 2010 09:52:06 pm
      Yeah but they were asking how they were, not harassing them, still.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #18: Feb 24, 2010 10:42:51 pm
      Yeah but they were asking how they were, not harassing them, still.
      Like I said earlier he is private man and the pap were bang out of order there.
      They don't give a sh*t about his wife all they're after is a few shots to sell to some rag.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #19: Feb 24, 2010 10:56:54 pm
      Parachutes was a fantastic album. Especially at the time. I remember driving home from Sheffield after being at Gatecrasher the night before and it being on and I just about fell in love. Got it that Christmas and loved it.

No band can live up to a truly classic album like that. And they didn't.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #20: Feb 25, 2010 12:03:59 am
      Parachutes is an awesome album. I think it's the perfect debut album.
      But i think A rush of blood to the head is their best. The scientist, clocks, in my place, god put a smile upon your face, politik, green eyes and in my opinion, their most underrated song; Amsterdam.

Coldplay - Amsterdam (Live 2003)

How i would've loved to see that tour.

Any big coldplay fans out there should consider buying their live 3002 cd dvd its ace :D

Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #21: Feb 25, 2010 12:08:42 am
      I've got probably 50 Coldplay, full live gigs on cd here, plus all the demo's of Parachutes. Some of my live stuff is truly remarkable stuff! Like the first time they played in front of 10 thousand people in America. Superb!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #22: Feb 25, 2010 12:10:08 am
      How'd you get all the live gigs on CD Gow?
      And did you get to see them on any of the earlier tours? I'd have loved to

Quick Reply