Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Coldplay

Read 16587 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Coldplay Sign Massive Publishing Deal
      Reply #46: Aug 19, 2010 02:39:12 am
      Coldplay have signed a multi-million pound publishing deal with Universal Music.

The group, who signed their first record contract with BMG Music in 1999, have agreed a fresh deal with Universal ahead of their new album release.

Universal president Paul Connolly said: "They've sold more than 50 million albums worldwide and their huge success is entirely deserved. We're obviously very proud."

Coldplay recently claimed that their as-yet-untitled fifth LP has "killer tunes" on it.

The album is expected to be released later this year.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a263434/coldplay-sign-massive-publishing-deal.html
      « Last Edit: Aug 19, 2010 05:56:54 am by CRK, Reason: Took out the S*n reference. Please read the articles before posting them. »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Coldplay
      Reply #47: Nov 09, 2010 02:36:00 pm
      Big news for Coldplay fans in LIVERPOOL and Newcastle.

From Coldplay.com

news

Coldplay to play "Hidden Gigs" for Crisis in Liverpool and Newcastle
      November 9, 2010 11:20 am
      Band announce two charity Christmas shows

"Good morning. We're pleased to report that Coldplay will play two intimate Christmas gigs to draw attention to the problem of hidden homelessness and to raise vital funds for Crisis, the UK charity for single homeless people.

The "Hidden Gigs" will take place in Liverpool on 19th December and Newcastle on 20th December.

The venues will remain hidden until 24 hours before Coldplay step on stage. This gives gig-goers a small taste of the uncertainty faced by the thousands of homeless people who do not know where they will spend the night. Both venues have been hand-picked by the band for their intimate nature, and each has a capacity of around 1,000 people.

General tickets go on sale at 2pm this Friday (12th November) from www.seetickets.com/hidden costing £50.

There will be an allocation of general sale tickets available for Coldplay.com users to buy, using the code CP4CRISIS at the point of purchase. This allocation is available to all of Coldplay's online fans, wherever in the world they live (we obviously expect these tickets to sell pretty quickly).

The rest of the general sale tickets will be sold to people living in and around Liverpool and Newcastle. Only those with a credit/debit card registered to billing addresses with the following postcodes will be able to buy these tickets:

Liverpool: L1 – L40, CH25 – CH32, CH41 – CH49, CH60 – CH63
      Newcastle: NE1 – NE49, NE61 – NE71, SR1 – SR9, DH1 – DH9
      Click here for a full breakdown of the eligible postcodes.

As well as the general sale tickets, there will be an auction of 200 general admission tickets available to anyone around the world. Plus, 30 meet & greet tickets will be auctioned for each gig, which will include early entry, champagne reception, best seats in the house, meet & greet with Coldplay, photo opportunity & access to VIP bar. The auctions will run for one week from 12 November at 2pm, again via www.seetickets.com/hidden.

All proceeds from all tickets will go to support Crisis’ vital work for single homeless people. For more information on that, please head to their website.

Good friends of the band Ant & Dec will be travelling home to Newcastle for Christmas and have offered their compèring services for the Newcastle night. Supporting Coldplay on both dates will be the Choir with No Name, an acclaimed vocal choir made up of homeless people and others on the fringes of society, including clients of Crisis."

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=661

Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #48: Nov 18, 2010 01:52:35 pm
      I tried to get tickets and it was litereally impossible.

I've got a liverpool postcode for the "local tickets sale" and obviously had the password from coldplay.com for the "coldplay.com readers tickets sale".

Had both windows open on my browser, refreshing them again and again without getting through the page of purchase once.

Atleast it was only because it's only a 1000 ticket event for probably the  most sought after live band in the world right now.
      When they tour the new album it should be fine getting tickets.

Anyone manage to get one out of interest?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #49: Nov 18, 2010 10:43:55 pm
      I tried to get tickets and it was litereally impossible.

I've got a liverpool postcode for the "local tickets sale" and obviously had the password from coldplay.com for the "coldplay.com readers tickets sale".

Had both windows open on my browser, refreshing them again and again without getting through the page of purchase once.

Atleast it was only because it's only a 1000 ticket event for probably the  most sought after live band in the world right now.
      When they tour the new album it should be fine getting tickets.

Anyone manage to get one out of interest?

I heard that. Impossible to get the tickets. Still there's always next year when hopefully they will be touring again. Delightful band to see live. Have to keep an eye on youtube to see if they'll play any new songs. Eno's producing it again so it should be interesting.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #50: Nov 24, 2010 11:55:15 pm
      Coldplay to release a Christmas single from next Wednesday entitled 'Christmas Lights'. Chris Martin played a short 20 second demo on CBS's 60 Minutes show in America last year. Should be good.

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=668
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #51: Dec 01, 2010 08:54:55 pm
      Coldplay to release a Christmas single from next Wednesday entitled 'Christmas Lights'. Chris Martin played a short 20 second demo on CBS's 60 Minutes show in America last year. Should be good.

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=668

It's out now, just downloaded from iTunes.

Love it as a xmas single. Can listen to it on youtube.  www.coldplay.com   video is embedded on their homepage.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #52: Dec 01, 2010 08:56:06 pm
      Coldplay's Christmas single was released at 8pm tonight! I love it!

Coldplay - Christmas Lights
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #53: Dec 14, 2010 10:23:11 pm
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #54: Dec 20, 2010 01:03:46 pm
      Gig was in Liverpool last night, only just saw aswell now, but more tickets went on sale yesterday :( !!!!

Gutted I never got to go, can't wait to see them on their next tour.

http://coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=686

Reading the top post on the live blog says Gerrard was in the audience.. jammy get! Has good taste in music does our captain though :D !
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #55: Dec 20, 2010 05:33:20 pm
      If I'm ever suicidal and in need of that final push, a coldplay concert will be my first (and last!) port of call.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #56: Dec 20, 2010 06:47:51 pm
      Arghh! Steven Gerrard was in the audience! Lucky git indeed - but Coldplay + Steven Gerrard = MASSIVE LOVE HEART
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #57: Dec 20, 2010 09:03:09 pm
      If I'm ever suicidal and in need of that final push, a coldplay concert will be my first (and last!) port of call.

Watch viva la vida live mate and see if you still think that
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #58: Dec 20, 2010 11:47:00 pm
      Watch viva la vida live mate and see if you still think that

Some people just don't appreciate good music! And I will tell you one thing - Coldplay are the only band making good music these days which can get into the charts. That's how good they are.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #59: Dec 22, 2010 11:00:29 pm

I laugh a lot when people say that.

So untrue.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #60: Dec 23, 2010 03:52:31 pm
      I laugh a lot when people say that.

So untrue.

Don't be ridiculous - it's subjective.
      « Last Edit: Dec 23, 2010 07:16:06 pm by carheex »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #61: Feb 16, 2011 02:01:02 am
      Coldplay to do Glastonbury! Hope it's as stunning as their 2002 and 2005 performances!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #62: Jun 03, 2011 12:55:16 pm
      Bump.

New single out now called 'Every teardrop is a waterfall'

Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (Official)

Available to download now everywhere but in the UK, where we can download it at midnight tomorrow.

Think it's a great song, and looking forward to hearing more of their new material in the coming weeks/months. New album will be out this autumn, rumoured to be released on the 10th of October.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #63: Jun 03, 2011 02:48:19 pm
      I love the guitar work on the song and the thudding beat. The song really does improve as it  goes along! Could be a great summer anthem.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #64: Jun 07, 2011 11:04:59 pm
      I respect them for actually being a band and playing instruments (as oppose to 'bands' like the saturdays), but the music is like Cinzano to me.  Too sugary.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #65: Sep 23, 2011 04:57:17 pm
      Heard that all the tickets for their UK arena shows sold out within a couple of minutes of going on sale. Would have been cleverer if they had moved their northern England gig to the Echo Arena rather than the MEN arena seeing as they're doing that Children In Need gig in Manchester a month before. Hoping they come back and add more dates, hopefully in the summer where they can do stadium gigs. Would absolutely love to see them as they are at the moment as their Glastonbury gig was amazing.

Here's some new tracks from their new album some of which have been performed live.

Coldplay - " MX + Hurts Like Heaven " ( Mylo Xyloto ) HQ Live @ Rock am Ring festival : Germany

Coldplay - " Charlie Brown " ( Mylo Xyloto ) HQ Live @ Rock am Ring festival : Germany

Coldplay - Major Minus (Official)

Coldplay - " Us Against the World " ( Mylo Xyloto ) HQ Live @ Rock am Ring festival : Germany

Coldplay - Paradise live at Austin City Limits Music Festival, September 16th, 2011
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #66: Sep 23, 2011 05:05:31 pm
      Strangely enough I've been listening to Parachutes quite a lot recently - are their other albums as good?

If they are I might just get them.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #67: Sep 23, 2011 06:13:08 pm
      Strangely enough I've been listening to Parachutes quite a lot recently - are their other albums as good?

If they are I might just get them.

For me they've made two better albums than Parachutes. A Rush Of Blood To The Head after Parachutes is phenomenal and arguably their best album. As well as the big hits on that album like Clocks, In My Place, The Scientist you get some real unbelievable tunes like Politik, Green Eyes, A Rush Of Blood To The Head and Amsterdam.  And then there's their 4th album Viva La Vida which was my favourite record of 2008. Check out tracks like Cemeteries of London, 42, Death and All His Friends and Lovers In Japan/Reign Of Love. They're brilliant.

You could try checking their 3rd album X&Y but that's very hit and miss with a lot of people. Some people think it's brilliant and others think it's rubbish. I really like it though.

I'll post some of less obvious songs (not the overplayed ones on radio) for you. These are some of my favourites.

Coldplay - Square one (HQ)

Coldplay - Death and All His Friends

But if you're more into their Parachutes more acoustic like stuff then I'm sure you'd like these three songs.

Coldplay-Green Eyes

Coldplay - 'Til kingdom come (HQ)

Coldplay - See You Soon

Hope you like them!
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #68: Sep 23, 2011 06:46:03 pm
      OK mate you've convinced me!

I'm off to isohunt Amazon to see about getting them :)

Quick Reply