Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Refereeing standards in Premier league.

Read 1442 times
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Refereeing standards in Premier league.
      Mar 05, 2010 06:23:30 pm
      I feel that the refereeing standards in England has dropped badly this season. A lot of decisions have been Errant to say the least.

Every weekend there seems to be more and more games where the referee is the main focus of discussion at the final whistle.  Even when teams are being steamrollered there’s always at least one dubious decision to give the losers pause for thought.

There’s no doubt always been bad refereeing- anyone who remembers the likes of Elleray and Poll will acknowledge that. The problem seems to be that bad decisions are becoming increasingly commonplace and ruining many football matches, particularly closely fought ones.

Emirates where a last-minute free-kick was saved blatantly by Fabregas’s arm only for Howard Webb to ignore Liverpool’s appeals.  Meanwhile over at Ewood Park Lee Probert was endearing himself to Hull fans by sending off George Boateng for what appeared to be a fairly innocuous attempt to win a header.

There are countless examples of bad refereeing
      What do you guys feel? Do you think this 'Human Factor' should still exist in footballing world?

Side NOTE:

In American Football, teams can challenge against a referee's decision... I don't know if that is possible in a game like football, but in such cases, I think they should have such an option...
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Re: Refereeing standards in Premier league.
      Reply #1: Mar 05, 2010 07:28:37 pm
      I think this probably belongs in the general football forum ;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #2: Mar 05, 2010 07:32:12 pm
      Well spotted IO  ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3: Mar 05, 2010 08:26:48 pm
      Refereeing Standards? They have no standards, they either root for United, the highest bidder, the beachball or anyone playing against us.

Quick Reply