Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Lauri Dalla Valle (Fulham) Player Thread

Read 7179 times
      SODMG
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 357 posts | -1 
      • S.O.D Money Gang
      Lauri Dalla Valle (Fulham) Player Thread
      Mar 10, 2010 04:52:50 pm
      Dalla Valle fires Reds into final
      10th Mar 2010

Lauri Dalla Valle was on the mark as Liverpool Reserves reached the final of the Liverpool Senior Cup with a 3-0 win over Tranmere Rovers at the Kirkby Academy on Wednesday afternoon.

The Finnish starlet was making his first start of the season for the second string and netted after 42 minutes with an excellent finish from a seemingly impossible angle.

The move was instigated by Damien Plessis when his astute pass sent Alex Kacaniklic racing away down the left. His cross found David Amoo whose strike was well saved by Joe Collister, but Dalla Valle was quickest to react and the No.9 scored.

David Amoo and an own goal completed the scoring for John McMahon's team in the second half against a Tranmere side that finished the game with 10 men.

Another great boost for the squad was the return of Spanish starlet Francisco Duran, who made his first appearance since November 2008 when he came on as a 73rd minute replacement for Chris Mavinga.

The former Malaga midfielder has battled back from three cruciate ligament operations - two on his right knee and one on his left.

Also back from injury were Nikola Saric and Gerardo Bruna, who both enjoyed 45 minute run-outs.

The Liverpool Senior Cup holders will now face Everton or Skelmersdale in the final.

After four games postponed, John McMahon's side were playing their first game since February 1, and they were being watched by Rafael Benitez and Sammy Lee before the pair headed to John Lennon airport for their flight to Lille.

Reds heroes Kenny Dalglish and Phil Thompson were also in attendance.

For McMahon it was a match of sentimental value as he spent eight years at Prenton Park having been brought to the Wirral club by Kop hero John Aldridge, and also had a spell as caretaker manager of Tranmere.

Rovers fielded former Liverpool FA Youth Cup winner Charlie Barnett in midfield and had the experienced Chris McCready alongside the returning Ash Taylor in defence.

Playing on a superb playing surface at the Kirkby Academy, Liverpool quickly got into their stride with skipper Jay Spearing spraying some great passes around the field.

Amoo and Kacaniklic were always dangerous down the wings but the final ball and some good defending from Shaun Garnett's side was proving a tough barrier to break down.

The Reds went close when Spearing's clever header from a corner was hacked away in the six-yard box, but persistence was the key and the breakthrough came on 42 minutes when Dalla Valle pounced.

The second half started in dramatic circumstances when Tranmere were reduced to 10 men three minutes after the break. Aaron Cresswell was shown a straight red card for a late challenge on Steven Irwin.

The Reds then nearly doubled their lead when Collister produced a great save on the stretch to deny Kacaniklic, and Bruna could only put the rebound wide.

Collister was called into the action again on the hour mark when he kept out Spearing's rasping low drive which seemed destined for the net.

However, McMahon's side weren't to be denied and Amoo made it 2-0 with a low finish from the edge of the box.

Dalla Valle could have made it 3-0 but slotted wide after a great move involving Bruna and Kacaniklic. However, a third goal duly arrived courtesy of a Tranmere boot when the Finn combined with Spearing, whose cross was deflected into the net.

Overall, it was an excellent display from McMahon's side and Dalla Valle will take a lot of confidence after netting his first goal for the reserves.

Liverpool team: Peter Gulacsi, Steven Irwin, Chris Mavinga (Francisco Duran 73), Daniel Ayala, Victor Palsson, Jay Spearing (Captain), Nikola Saric (Gerardo Bruna 45), David Amoo (Nikolaj Kohlert 77), Lauri Dalla Valle, Damien Plessis, Alex Kacaniklic. Subs: Nikolaj Kohlert, Martin Hansen, Jordy Brouwer.

Tranmere Rovers: Joe Collister, Tom Baker, Aaron Cresswell, Jay Ashcroft, Chris McCready, Ash Taylor, Ross Rule, Charlie Barnett, Dale Jennings, Conor Roberts, Jay Gibbs.

Liverpoolfc.tv Man of the Match: Jay Spearing. Some fine passing and prompting from the captain.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/dalla-valle-fires-reds-into-final
      « Last Edit: Aug 31, 2010 03:17:40 pm by JD »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Lauri Dalla Valle Player Thread
      Reply #1: Mar 10, 2010 05:14:44 pm
      Playing on a superb playing surface at the Kirkby Academy, Liverpool quickly got into their stride with skipper Jay Spearing spraying some great passes around the field.

Amoo and Kacaniklic were always dangerous down the wings.

Good to see the answers to some of this seasons problems could be closer than some might realise. Well done Dalle Valle for the goal
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,230 posts | 2807 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2: Mar 10, 2010 05:58:50 pm

Amoo and Kacaniklic were always dangerous down the wings.

Good to see the answers to some of this seasons problems could be closer than some might realise. Well done Dalle Valle for the goal

I have huge hopes for Amoo
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #3: Mar 10, 2010 08:43:14 pm
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #4: Mar 12, 2010 08:20:40 am
      He seems very quick to react when the keeper spills it.

Looks to have a bright future.
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #5: Mar 12, 2010 10:29:02 am
      I know it's along shot but maybe Rafa should give Dalle Valle ago in the team. The lad looks to have the ability and awareness of a striker starting as regular in a side. Would be worth ago even if it was from the bench a few times.
      SODMG
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 357 posts | -1 
      • S.O.D Money Gang
      Reply #6: Mar 12, 2010 10:17:34 pm
      Bruna was really good in that game
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7: May 14, 2010 08:50:53 pm
      Well done lad.

Dalla Valle scoops award
      14th May 2010 - Latest News

Lauri Dalla Valle's Sunderland stunner has been named as the Reserves' Goal of the Season following a fans' vote on Liverpoolfc.tv.

The Finnish starlet netted our second-string's final strike of 2009-10 with the only goal of the game against the Black Cats earlier this month.

His effort claimed 31 per cent of the vote to secure the accolade.

Dalla Valle saw off competition from Daniel Pacheco, whose perfectly executed free-kick against Burnley clinched second with 14 per cent.

The Spaniard's Manchester City volley came joint third along with Nathan Eccleston's curler against Blackburn on the opening day of the campaign. Both goals claimed 11 per cent of the vote.

www.liverpoolfc.tv
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #8: May 14, 2010 09:06:53 pm
      Nice to see the lad pick up some recognition. Proper little poacher that.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9: May 14, 2010 09:10:00 pm
      Nice to see the lad pick up some recognition. Proper little poacher that.

Nice to see as he's an Academy player really.  I've posted the article in the Reserves thread too.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: May 18, 2010 12:17:30 am
      Just watched my first youtube clip of the lad. He looks to be an excellent finisher. I like that he keeps his shots down, doesn't just try to blast the ball in to the net. Some of those shots will become even more unstoppable as he gets bigger and stronger. Hopefully he continues to develop and gives the senior side some appearances in the near future.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #11: Jul 26, 2010 12:04:48 pm
      Lauri Dalla Valle has set his sights on making his full Liverpool debut after featuring as a substitute in Saturday's 1-0 friendly defeat to Kaiserslautern.

The Finnish striker felt the young Reds side gave a good account of themselves against an experienced German outfit and is now hoping to convince Roy Hodgson to give him a chance when the 2010-11 campaign gets underway this week.

"All of our team worked very hard," Dalla Valle told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"We have a very young team and we faced a strong outfit that play in the Bundesliga. I think we can be very happy with the performance.

"I've learned a lot in this training camp. It's been very hard but I feel I have improved as a result.

"Now my target must be to get more minutes with the first-team - hopefully I can do that this season."

Dalla Valle's words were echoed by fellow striker Nathan Eccleston, who is looking to feature more prominently after making his first-team bow in the Carling Cup last season. 

"We are all trying to impress the new manager and a lot of us are new faces so we are all in the same boat," said Eccleston.

"We've been working very hard in training. Both the games have been tough because first-team football is very different to the reserves. I experienced the first-team a little bit last season and would like more action this year.

"Hopefully if I can train with the first-team squad on a day-to-day basis I will get a game here and there. That'd be perfect for me."

Hodgson may not have been able to call upon the majority of his senior stars during his first pre-season trip with the Reds, but their absence has given the club's youngsters the chance to shine.

David Amoo, who has produced some eye-catching displays on the right flank added: "Roy Hodgson has come in and he's been great. He's given us a lot of confidence and everyone is happy."
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/dalla-valle-eyes-full-debut
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,230 posts | 2807 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #12: Jul 29, 2010 10:44:01 pm
      Good to see him get a few minutes tonight. Hes an intelligent player and I think we should do everything we can to keep him
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #13: Jul 30, 2010 12:56:10 am
      I would play him behind just N'Gog in the second leg. Could see him getting a goal if he played.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #14: Aug 31, 2010 03:18:20 pm
      Yet another promising youngster goes without getting a chance.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Re: Lauri Dalla Valle (Fulham) Player Thread
      Reply #15: Aug 31, 2010 03:18:23 pm
      Shame. Such a shame.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #16: Aug 31, 2010 03:19:37 pm

Exactly, I wonder how many more of these talented teens we will see disappear one way or another thanks to the two tw*ts and their board of cocks.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #17: Aug 31, 2010 03:22:46 pm
      Another youngster i was hoping to see more of in the first team, in the future.

Good luck though Lauri.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2818 
      Reply #18: Aug 31, 2010 07:25:45 pm
      Makes me F***ing sick this.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #19: Aug 31, 2010 07:28:57 pm
      F**k that.

He's brilliant.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #20: Aug 31, 2010 08:30:07 pm
      Good look at Fulham Lauri
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #21: Aug 31, 2010 09:36:13 pm
      Good to see him get a few minutes tonight. Hes an intelligent player and I think we should do everything we can to keep him

Yup.

Hope you go on to fulfil your potential fella. If he ended up at United down the line, I wouldn't even hate him for it. He must feel bitter towards Liverpool for how he was treated :\

Well good luck at Fulham Lauri.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #22: Aug 24, 2011 11:40:44 am

Quick Reply