Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)

Read 375108 times
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Re: Raheem Sterling Player Thread
      Reply #1633: Jun 15, 2014 04:00:37 pm
      The one that hit the side netting, I was convinced he'd scored.. : (
      Would've been goal of the tournament perhaps.

Interesting how the BBC are saying we lost cos Rooney played left rather than number 10.
      Even tho Sterling was MotM with his performance... WTF.

Slightly off topic,
      I wonder if Lallana and Lambert could have given another option when England had lots of possn in the 2nd half but couldn't convert...
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #1634: Jun 15, 2014 04:08:18 pm
      I was leaping around like a lunatic after that shot. Was convinced it was in, never seen a ball look so convincingly in, even the scoreboard changed!!

I've been saying to anyone that'll listen Raheem is ready to announce himself on the world stage, and what a way that would have been to do it, 3 minutes into your competitive debut!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1635: Jun 15, 2014 04:58:08 pm
      I was leaping around like a lunatic after that shot. Was convinced it was in, never seen a ball look so convincingly in, even the scoreboard changed!!

I've been saying to anyone that'll listen Raheem is ready to announce himself on the world stage, and what a way that would have been to do it, 3 minutes into your competitive debut!

I was getting drinks and snacks as I had some friends round to watch, I heard all these roars and shouts of "What a F***ing goal", then came back in to find it was still 0-0 and got thoroughly confused  :laugh:
      When I saw the replay at half time, it looked like it was in, and I could hardly believe it wasn't.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1636: Jun 15, 2014 07:09:20 pm
      My dad is a guy who never really liked English football, so he's constantly criticizing the English team every time he watches them - and to be fair, he's usually correct.

So I was surprised to hear from him last night, when I stopped by his house for a quick visit, that he was very impressed with England, despite the defeat. And he singled out our Raheem saying "he's brilliant, can use both feet, so quick, intelligent, what a great player" ;D

When I told him he was a LFC player, he said "so now I understand why your team had such a good season!" :D

He also said Sturridge was quality but that Rooney isn't half the player people say he is.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1637: Jun 15, 2014 07:29:56 pm
      My dad is a guy who never really liked English football, so he's constantly criticizing the English team every time he watches them - and to be fair, he's usually correct.

So I was surprised to hear from him last night, when I stopped by his house for a quick visit, that he was very impressed with England, despite the defeat. And he singled out our Raheem saying "he's brilliant, can use both feet, so quick, intelligent, what a great player" ;D

When I told him he was a LFC player, he said "so now I understand why your team had such a good season!" :D

He also said Sturridge was quality but that Rooney isn't half the player people say he is.

That bit made me laugh mate :D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,314 posts | 2810 
      Reply #1638: Jun 15, 2014 09:00:30 pm
      It's scary thinking how good he will be in a few years time...
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,139 posts | 2776 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1639: Jun 15, 2014 10:01:16 pm
      Was brilliant last night and as has already been pointed out looks like hes going to be a world class player.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #1640: Jun 16, 2014 09:43:15 am
      I would say he one of our top three valuable players at the club.

Suarez, Sturridge, and Sterling. Wonder how much we could get for that forward line?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1641: Jun 16, 2014 10:30:59 am
      The one that hit the side netting, I was convinced he'd scored.. : (
      Would've been goal of the tournament perhaps.

Interesting how the BBC are saying we lost cos Rooney played left rather than number 10.
      Even tho Sterling was MotM with his performance... WTF.

Slightly off topic,
      I wonder if Lallana and Lambert could have given another option when England had lots of possn in the 2nd half but couldn't convert...

Me too. Hoarse throat after that.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #1642: Jun 17, 2014 08:53:58 am
      Me too. Hoarse throat after that.

As I saw the net ripple, I was thinking "F**k, we've got the new Pele".
      Maybe with some careful management, we will at some pt..
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #1643: Jun 18, 2014 03:08:20 am
      I'm desperately trying not to get carried away with how good he could be. But I can't help it. If he continues to develop at the rate he did last season, and sticks around, he could be one of our best players ever. A lot of ifs I know, but it's impossible to avoid being excited.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1644: Jun 19, 2014 10:35:06 pm
      What a desperately bizarre decision by Woy to replace Raheem with Barkley. Barkley is a fine young player but Raheem was like a Rolls Royce the way he glided past people.

AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #1645: Jun 19, 2014 11:06:57 pm
      Raheem was the best player on the pitch v Italy.
      Today he was moved to the wing. And  we didn't do as well.
      Fatboy Rooney could have played on the wing with some interchanging. But Woy seemed to have caved in to the Manc press.

For the 1st time, probably EVER I was really hoping for stuff from this Eng team - because of the number of our players in the team.
      But we were pretty poor.

I wonder if Lallana mightve made us more composed.
      And I also wonder if most English players are just overrated.

Still, atleast Luis is ALLLLLLLL ours... heheheh
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1646: Jun 19, 2014 11:12:27 pm
      Raheem looked fu**ed tonight. Why?

Ian Dennis, Radio 5 Live's England football correspondent, said on the radio earlier today that Raheem wasn't running on Monday morning when the team went out to train. He noted from the sidelines in Manaus that Raheem was clutching both his hamstrings in the match and so clearly wasn't in any fit state to train fully on Monday. He did note that Raheem was up and running again on Tuesday, but clearly the guy was lagging physically and it showed tonight.

And yet Roy started him tonight?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1647: Jun 19, 2014 11:30:22 pm
      Raheem looked fu**ed tonight. Why?

Ian Dennis, Radio 5 Live's England football correspondent, said on the radio earlier today that Raheem wasn't running on Monday morning when the team went out to train. He noted from the sidelines in Manaus that Raheem was clutching both his hamstrings in the match and so clearly wasn't in any fit state to train fully on Monday. He did note that Raheem was up and running again on Tuesday, but clearly the guy was lagging physically and it showed tonight.

And yet Roy started him tonight?

You seem surprised? ;D This is the same Woy that played Sturridge because he wanted him to get injured...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1648: Jun 20, 2014 06:53:12 am
      Still think he looked England's brightest attacking spark. Defenders were frightened to get too tight and frightened to stand off less he got into his stride and skipped by them. The way he glides across a pitch is magical - he's gonna be one hell of a player.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1649: Jun 20, 2014 11:55:19 am
      Well we established once and for all last night that if you play Raheem on the right wing in a rigid 4-4-2, within two banks of four, nobody playing between the lines and without the fullbacks pushing on, he is only decent. In other news, if the centre halves don't split and allow Stevie to drop in whilst pushing the fullbacks on in order to make it very hard for the opposition to press the ball high up, Stevie will get pressed high up. Not only that, but we learnt something about Rickie Lambert last night too. If you launch it at him without any angle from fifty yards away when he has defenders front and back, he doesn't win every single thing in the air. Also, I couldn't help but notice that if you detail Jordan Henderson into a holding midfield role and tell him to stick rigidly to his position, he doesn't run around the pitch anywhere near as much as usual and you don't really notice him.

Roy Hodgson is a buffoon and we shouldn't read anything at all into any England players performances in this tournament. 
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #1650: Jun 20, 2014 11:59:01 am
      Roy Hodgson is a buffoon and we shouldn't read anything at all into any England players performances in this tournament.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,903 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1651: Jun 20, 2014 04:47:25 pm
      Think his most influential position now may be that no10 role. Don't get me wrong he is effective out on the wings no doubt, but when he gets in between the midfield and defense of the opposing sides, they must sh*t bricks his so quick and good with the ball.

Think he is destined for a massive season next year.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,163 posts | 4903 
      Reply #1652: Jun 20, 2014 11:31:11 pm
      Well we established once and for all last night that if you play Raheem on the right wing in a rigid 4-4-2, within two banks of four, nobody playing between the lines and without the fullbacks pushing on, he is only decent. In other news, if the centre halves don't split and allow Stevie to drop in whilst pushing the fullbacks on in order to make it very hard for the opposition to press the ball high up, Stevie will get pressed high up. Not only that, but we learnt something about Rickie Lambert last night too. If you launch it at him without any angle from fifty yards away when he has defenders front and back, he doesn't win every single thing in the air. Also, I couldn't help but notice that if you detail Jordan Henderson into a holding midfield role and tell him to stick rigidly to his position, he doesn't run around the pitch anywhere near as much as usual and you don't really notice him.

Perfect Mick.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1653: Jun 21, 2014 07:10:52 am

It shows Hodgson's ineptitude, pick a team full of Liverpool players based on their performances this season, then ask them to play a different way which nullifies their strengths and makes them look bad!

Roy Hodgson ladies and gentlemen!

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1654: Jul 13, 2014 06:51:06 pm
      I know sterling is versatile, does anyone know if he started off originally on the left side of attack?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1655: Jul 13, 2014 06:55:43 pm
      I know sterling is versatile, does anyone know if he started off originally on the left side of attack?

That's where he played for the youth teams mate.

Quick Reply