Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)

Read 373427 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Raheem Sterling Player Thread
      Reply #1840: Oct 14, 2014 06:19:57 pm
      The only mistake Raheem made when he said he thought he "ought to sit this one out" was that he failed to add "as we're playing a pub team" on the end. Oh and the "by the way, you're a c*nt" on the end of that.

Brilliant Mick. On form mate.

BTW ...

Shearer has always been a tw*t .

Some areas of the media have questioned how Sterling can be tired. With regard to sitting out due to fatigue, former England striker Alan Shearer didn't help the situation by writing, "I genuinely have never heard something like that in my career," per his column in The ***, reported via Elliot Bretland of the Daily Mail.

"If I had, as either captain of Newcastle or England, I'd have gone straight up to the player and said 'are you sure?' and that's putting it mildly," noted Shearer.

A "reet gud go" eh Shearer ?

The only thing you are famous for is a Bar in a dysfunctional club and as a dysfunctional balding pundit .
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1841: Oct 14, 2014 06:23:37 pm
      Shearer is a c*** Skip, always has been. As is Lineker with his "stop sniping over Sterling" request, even though to the best of my knowledge Brendan hasn't spoken about it YET. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29612262

I would f*cking love it if Brendan got properly stuck in over this, and my guess is every single reds fan would be bang behind him n'all. If the rest of the football world doesn't like it, f*** em. They hate us anyway so f*** em all.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1842: Oct 14, 2014 08:03:51 pm
      Have been absolutely fuming with this ever since the story broke. It seems to me that Hodgson has used Raheem to have a bit of a pop at Brendan and it is completely out of order. He has effectively hung Sterling out to dry, made him the target of keyboard warriors all over the country and  probably set him up for boos, cheers and ridicule from blinkered fans. How is this looking after one of England's brightest talents? Worst thing is to see how he has changed his story with every interview he has given, one minute it was Raheem saying he was 'feeling tired', next minute he apparently suggested it was 'better if I sit this one out' and then in another interview Woy says that it was entirely his call. And now it has kicked off yet another club vs country row at Sterling's expense. The guy is a clueless fookin doughnut.

He was just as irresponsible when he gave Raheem his England debut aged 17 after just a couple of months in the Liverpool first team. It way way too early.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1843: Oct 14, 2014 08:07:09 pm
      Liverpool first, Ingerland second. End of.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1844: Oct 14, 2014 09:19:57 pm
      I mentioned this a few weeks back in a different thread but I think that if Raheem really is "tired" (which I find absurd but let's just assume it's true for a second) then I think it's not just an issue of him playing too much/too often, i.e., not necessarily how MUCH he plays, but HOW he is playing this season, for us at least.

Last season our attack was a thing of beauty.  There was so much movement and free-flowing runs and everyone pulling their own weight, that I think it lightened the workload on everyone.  Suarez would make a run this way, freeing up space for Raheem to just move into the space; Sturridge would then be free on the opposite side so Raheem could just slide it into him for a tap in.  It was just like sliding a knife through butter.  It was easy.

This season nothing has been easy and the attack has been slow, has not clicked yet (except for one single game away at Spurs).  And so what ends up happening is Raheem ends up playing more like an individual; Balotelli is very static, Sturridge has been out, so there isn't as much space and Raheem ends up taking on 2 or 3 players each time he gets the ball, and has to go from 0 to 60 each time.  I imagine that wears you out a lot quicker than the simple pass and move stuff we were doing last season.

I think if everything was running like clockwork with us as a team, there wouldn't be the extra effort that Raheem has had to put in this season.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #1845: Oct 14, 2014 11:00:40 pm
      Sacking off England because he probably doesn't give a sh*t about representing this sh*t country we live in.

Scouse nation.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1846: Oct 15, 2014 02:16:43 am
      as long as Raheem is fit to play QPR, who the F**k cares what the elite are spreading? they are enemies of Liverpool FC and always will be. all the "tired'' talk is nonsense, bullshit to bring a young Liverpool player down, isn't that new......
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1847: Oct 15, 2014 07:38:40 am
      I know its a far fetched situation , BUT
       To be honest I am liking this BR-Woy ''disagreement'' overplayers, maybe the owl will leave out all LFC players for national duties,  So they will be committed to club only while woy is in charge.  I know its not fair for the players themselves and they won't like such situation,

YNWA
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1848: Oct 15, 2014 01:34:22 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1849: Oct 25, 2014 01:24:49 am
      Nominated for Golden boy 2014 awards (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Boy_%28award%29)

Looking at the nominees, there is no one even close to him. He is streets ahead of every U21 player in the world.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1850: Oct 25, 2014 07:42:26 pm
      Little worried that Sterling's shine last year was due in large part to the amount of attention given to Sturridge and Suarez.

Now that we are relying on Sterling to pull us along, he's struggling to replicate his form from last year. 

Still a threat, but one that other teams are able to deal with since they don't have to worry about our strike force so much.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1851: Oct 25, 2014 09:08:00 pm
      Can we even afford to give this lad a rest in the coming weeks, at any stage?
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1852: Oct 25, 2014 09:17:34 pm
      i think that our lack of quality upfront has a negative impact on sterling as our game relies too much on the lad, who wasnt prepared to be our main outlet upfront ... he will thrive alongside sturridge and another good player, which can be Balotelli, when we bought him i thought that the partnership between Sterling, Sturridge and him will be one of the most feared in our league, f**king Woy still brings bad luck to our club
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #1853: Nov 01, 2014 04:07:27 pm
      Needs to spend a game or two on the bench. He is giving the ball away too much and looks mentally tired more than physically.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1854: Nov 01, 2014 04:33:01 pm
      Needs to spend a game or two on the bench. He is giving the ball away too much and looks mentally tired more than physically.

Maybe, but then, playing him on the right to accommodate Balo doesn't help. I think he's an average to good right sided winger, but centrally, he truly is something else, something magical. Maybe Rodgers need to rethink his tactics and look to play him as a #10 or in the midfield on the left or right of a trio.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1855: Nov 01, 2014 04:38:44 pm

He does, totally agree with this.

Henderson also looks jaded, the weight of expectation being placed on them is a notch up from last year as they're being asked to carry more of the load. You'd have to say they're both struggling to cope with it at the moment.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1856: Nov 02, 2014 05:00:37 am
      Cant understand why we played him on the right flank the whole game. Thought Coutinho should have come off as he offered us nothing, Lallana could have come on and moved Raheem to the top of the friggin diamond. Could have got more out of the lad. He constantly ran into dead ends and kept giving the ball away.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1857: Nov 02, 2014 04:18:44 pm
      Raheem played a large number of games last season on the right. I'm not buying anyone questioning him playing there when he's a natural wide player. Should anyone forget.

However, however, Sterling needs a break badly. He seems to be forcing it just a tad bit too much. And could do with a few appearances off the bench.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1858: Nov 02, 2014 05:02:55 pm
      Raheem played a large number of games last season on the right. I'm not buying anyone questioning him playing there when he's a natural wide player. Should anyone forget.

I have to disagree, sorry. A lot of his best games has come when he's played as a #10. He looks more natural playing there. In my opinion, he is more suited centrally than being rooted on the right or left.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1859: Nov 02, 2014 05:06:45 pm
      I have to disagree, sorry. A lot of his best games has come when he's played as a #10. He looks more natural playing there. In my opinion, he is more suited centrally than being rooted on the right or left.

Agree Raheem is most effective running at defenders from a central position going left or right makes him much more dangerous and a nightmare for defenders.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #1860: Nov 03, 2014 09:04:52 pm
      Am I the only one in thinking that raheem has an awful first touch. I find him very frustrating at times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1861: Nov 03, 2014 09:46:36 pm
      Beginning to think Raheem had such a great year because there was no pressure on him thanks to Sturridge and Suarez. Now that he's being asked to carry the load, he's just not up to it.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1862: Nov 03, 2014 09:48:07 pm
      Beginning to think Raheem had such a great year because there was no pressure on him thanks to Sturridge and Suarez. Now that he's being asked to carry the load, he's just not up to it.

He shouldn't have to be up to it at his age, he shouldn't have all that weight and expectation on him. If others would grow a pair and step up to the plate then Sterling would be able to just get on with his development like last season. Admittedly it doesn't help Sturridge being injured mind.

Quick Reply