Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)

Read 375278 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: Raheem Sterling Player Thread
      Reply #1886: Nov 28, 2014 10:54:00 am
      needs a little of the spotlight taken off him i think so that theres not all this pressure for him to save us from this slump. he's our only outlet at times which shows when he's got no options, he's missing that creative runner in the final 3rd or just a willing runner like hendo the  othe night. if we get people in the box sterling has the pace to beat a man and get the ball in there
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #1887: Dec 03, 2014 06:00:13 pm
      Getting annoyed with how much he actually gets fouled. I also think he is starting to look for it a bit too much but that doesn't mean that almost every one isn't a foul. Practically every single time he has the ball he gets fouled. Because its usually one of those where the opposing player has managed to hold him up and he is shielding the ball. But when he spins and is away he gets fouled, very rarely are they getting bookings either.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1888: Dec 05, 2014 02:54:08 pm
      Don't blow the messenger away but just read that Sterling took a knock to his ankle and is out for a spell.
      He is said to have tweeted his ankle ''is in bits'' and deleted the message soon after.
      http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Liverpool/Midfielders/Raheem+Sterling
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1889: Dec 05, 2014 03:11:47 pm
      Saw that earlier, I guess its all very subjective. If I was to say in bits it would be like a bad hangover, to others it could be broken in bits...

Still, a rest is likely what he needs, not great timing but this is why we have other players to plug the gaps - perhaps more time for Lallana or Lazar..?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1890: Dec 06, 2014 05:26:04 pm
      Thought he was very good today, he is coming right back. Honestly believe if we had Studge or Suarez in the team today we'd have won by 3+ with the work Sterling was doing.

They couldn't get near him at times and it was depressing to see the lack of movement after the lad had just beat 2 or 3 people and had the opportunity to play in someone. His main emotion must be one of pure frustration because he probably knows he played well today but people will still criticise because of "end result".

Just a little bit of help and he probably would have been MotM.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1891: Dec 06, 2014 08:47:17 pm
      How was that run from before the halfway line?....wish it ended up in a goal, would have been goal of the Season.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1892: Dec 06, 2014 09:06:25 pm
      How was that run from before the halfway line?....wish it ended up in a goal, would have been goal of the Season.

Was fantastic to watch :D that's why I want to see Sterling play in that midfield 3 or as a #10 rather than being stuck out wide. With his turn of pace and space to attack, he would cause a lot of problems for the oppositions defense, more so than he would if played as a winger and just crossing balls in.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #1893: Dec 06, 2014 09:10:53 pm
      Was fantastic to watch :D that's why I want to see Sterling play in that midfield 3 or as a #10 rather than being stuck out wide. With his turn of pace and space to attack, he would cause a lot of problems for the oppositions defense, more so than he would if played as a winger and just crossing balls in.

Yep agree mate, but having said that I can't understand why Brendan didn't switch Raheem and Adam during the match. I prefer, that if Brendan is going to play them as wingers, Raheem plays on the right flank. I just don't understand why he didnt switch them when both were on the pitch, just to try to mix it up a little bit.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1894: Dec 06, 2014 09:26:44 pm
      Showed a lot of threat, but his final touch needs A LOT of work. He makes amazing moves to get in position to score and then seems to go brain dead.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1895: Dec 06, 2014 09:37:32 pm
      Showed a lot of threat, but his final touch needs A LOT of work. He makes amazing moves to get in position to score and then seems to go brain dead.

Of late he seems to be doing that a lot, goes on an amazing run and then runs into a defender and collapses to the floor at the touch of his shirt.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1896: Dec 06, 2014 10:41:25 pm
      Trying to do too much. Needs to play the pass more he's becoming a ball hogger.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #1897: Dec 06, 2014 11:24:13 pm
      Trying to do too much. Needs to play the pass more he's becoming a ball hogger.

Can you blame him? In all seriousness who is there worth passing to? It's difficult when you've gone from complimenting a dynamic forward line in Sturrdige and Suarez to a not so dynamic one in Rickie Lambert or Mario Balotelli. Sterling was part of a fierce attack. Now he's seen as our only attack. Once the weight of the world has been taken off his shoulders, he'll start to flourish again.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #1898: Dec 07, 2014 02:38:27 am
      Of late he seems to be doing that a lot, goes on an amazing run and then runs into a defender and collapses to the floor at the touch of his shirt.

Yep mate. I keep yelling at him to stand the F**k up. Some of them I agree with but others he just seems to collapse looking for the freekick.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1899: Dec 08, 2014 10:03:24 pm
      Mazy dribble on Sat was class.
      Hope the lad can deliver tomorrow. Could do with a big game from him.
      And would love to see him get on the end of one.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #1900: Dec 08, 2014 10:04:29 pm
      Mazy dribble on Sat was class.
      Hope the lad can deliver tomorrow. Could do with a big game from him.
      And would love to see him get on the end of one.

His form is picking up again after a terrible start to the season. Thank F**k for that!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1901: Dec 10, 2014 11:04:29 pm
      Mad stat  from that Marcotti piece:

Sterling has featured in all but one of Liverpool's games this season. The club have played 2100 minutes of football: he's been on the pitch for 1854 minutes. Only Mignolet has played more. By the time he turned 20 on Monday, he had amassed 99 first team appearances. Lionel Messi, by comparison, had made 71 at the same age; Cristiano Ronaldo, 100.

But here's the difference. Messi had lasted 90 minutes for Barcelona 25 times before his 20th birthday, Ronaldo 30 for Sporting and Manchester United. Sterling's done it 49 times for Liverpool. He's a special talent, absolutely. But if two of the greatest players of all time -- both precocious superstars -- were being used far more sparingly at teenagers than Sterling is, perhaps there's a reason.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1902: Dec 10, 2014 11:05:48 pm
      we are going to F**k this lad up if we don't look after him
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1903: Dec 11, 2014 04:23:35 am
      why are we worrying about raheem's body in its late 20s, i'm just hoping he'll still be at the club by then..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1904: Dec 11, 2014 10:14:24 am
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1905: Dec 11, 2014 11:13:37 am

He knows the club need him, he has the bargaining power. Similar with my own situation in work, I'm vastly underpaid for what I actually do and know what I should be worth and will use that when the time comes.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1906: Dec 11, 2014 11:19:43 am
      Hope we're not lowballing Sterling after Spending 50 Million on Southampton players in the summer.

That would be moronic.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1907: Dec 11, 2014 11:35:18 am
      He knows the club need him, he has the bargaining power. Similar with my own situation in work, I'm vastly underpaid for what I actually do and know what I should be worth and will use that when the time comes.

A good analogy mate, the ball is well and truly in Raheem's court as is the case with your situation hopefully.
      If whoever it concerns will have to up their game and give him what he's worth - if they don't there will be a queue of European clubs only too willing to take him off our hands.
      FSG are the worrying ingredient as ever. 
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1908: Dec 11, 2014 12:01:28 pm
      A good analogy mate, the ball is well and truly in Raheem's court as is the case with your situation hopefully.
      If whoever it concerns will have to up their game and give him what he's worth - if they don't there will be a queue of European clubs only too willing to take him off our hands.
      FSG are the worrying ingredient as ever. 

I fear he will end up being sold for much less than he's worth if it's not sorted. If it was me, I'd have big bonuses for goals scored. If we hadn't of used him so much over the last two years I'm sure he'd have been happy with less per week.

This is what happens when you over rely on somebody though.

Quick Reply