Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)

Read 373453 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: Raheem Sterling Player Thread
      Reply #2323: Mar 14, 2015 09:32:42 am
      Good, but I expect stories in shitrags from now to June sending some fans in to a feeding frenzy.

That very link before informing about Raheem delaying contract talks, describes LFC ''sweating'' over Sterling.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2324: Mar 14, 2015 09:56:22 am
      With a bit of luck we will soon see Raheem moved forward again - that wing-back role does him (or us) no real favours, in my opinion.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2325: Mar 16, 2015 12:28:19 pm
      With a bit of luck we will soon see Raheem moved forward again - that wing-back role does him (or us) no real favours, in my opinion.
      dont you think though if he plays that role it will make him a more rounded player maybe even ground him a bit more. i would like lallana further forward as i feel he would get more goals but i agree with Sterlings pace further forward he's dangerous. its a tricky one because we paid so much for Lallana (who i rate) but makes you wonder did we need to buy him. only time will tell i suppose
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2326: Mar 16, 2015 12:41:47 pm
      dont you think though if he plays that role it will make him a more rounded player maybe even ground him a bit more.
      It might but it doesn't add to the team performance at this point, in my opinion.

i would like lallana further forward as i feel he would get more goals but i agree with Sterlings pace further forward he's dangerous. its a tricky one because we paid so much for Lallana (who i rate) but makes you wonder did we need to buy him. only time will tell i suppose
      Our team, as Brendan reiterated again yesterday, utilises counter-attacking speed.

Raheem is far better geared for that than Adam: he's more of a threat. If it were down to me and I wanted Lallana to start: I'd swap the two around but... maybe Brendan doesn't see Adam as being as talented as Raheem in the wing-back role.

So, there you have it - Raheem is a better proposition in both attack and 'defence' (it seems) than Adam... in my opinion, of course.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2327: Mar 16, 2015 01:45:23 pm

Personally, I think he's a good right sided player and average left, but when plays in the #10 role, he becomes monstrous. Still think that's his best position, behind the striker. He's only played there 2-3 times this season?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2328: Mar 16, 2015 02:38:46 pm
      Personally, I think he's a good right sided player and average left, but when plays in the #10 role, he becomes monstrous. Still think that's his best position, behind the striker.
      Indeed PM... a very talented 'boy' is our Raheem - best, in the World, at his age, in fact.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #2329: Mar 20, 2015 08:29:23 am
      The Express go with a story about Raheem's contract debate and suggest the club are considering Theo Walcott (yet again) as a potential replacement.
      Grains of salt seem a vital accessory with this piece of gossip.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/565081/Liverpool-Theo-Walcott-Arsenal-Raheem-Sterling
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2330: Mar 20, 2015 12:17:45 pm
      The Express go with a story about Raheem's contract debate and suggest the club are considering Theo Walcott (yet again) as a potential replacement.
      Grains of salt seem a vital accessory with this piece of gossip.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/565081/Liverpool-Theo-Walcott-Arsenal-Raheem-Sterling

That makes loads of sense mate, we F**k off a potentially better talent and replace him with a player who held his club to ransom by insisting on a bigger contract than they wanted to pay at the same time as insisting on playing in a position they already had a better player in.  Add to that he's still recovering from an ACL injury.

We're about 5 years too late, would cost even more than raheem who is already a better player.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #2331: Mar 20, 2015 12:21:37 pm
      That makes loads of sense mate, we f**k off a potentially better talent and replace him with a player who held his club to ransom by insisting on a bigger contract than they wanted to pay at the same time as insisting on playing in a position they already had a better player in.  Add to that he's still recovering from an ACL injury.

We're about 5 years too late, would cost even more than raheem who is already a better player.

he is 27 too... I never though Theo was that age already...
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2332: Mar 20, 2015 12:26:51 pm
      he is 27 too... I never though Theo was that age already...

Hence why I said we're  5 years too late mate.

JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #2333: Mar 20, 2015 02:02:19 pm
      Hence why I said we're  5 years too late mate.

yeah... I got that...

was just ponting out his specifc age.... well done for your reply though.... really helpful!
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2334: Mar 20, 2015 02:04:28 pm
      Play him up next to sturridge sunday and have him run at them i reckon he and Sturridg will score
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #2335: Mar 20, 2015 02:26:51 pm
      That makes loads of sense mate, we F**k off a potentially better talent and replace him with a player who held his club to ransom by insisting on a bigger contract than they wanted to pay at the same time as insisting on playing in a position they already had a better player in.  Add to that he's still recovering from an ACL injury.

I just hope to F**k something's gonna  change Debs and the above short termism is not acted out again. 

Heard Sterling will be the subject of a £50m bid and an improvement on LFC's £100,000 a week pay deal.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2336: Mar 20, 2015 02:52:21 pm
      I just hope to F**k something's gonna  change Debs and the above short termism is not acted out again. 

Heard Sterling will be the subject of a £50m bid and an improvement on LFC's £100,000 a week pay deal.

Doesn't surprise me mate, anyone who doesn't think another club would offer him a better deal than us are still living in the old first division.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2337: Mar 20, 2015 03:40:43 pm
      Picture Pellegrini as a ball guy behind a desk stroking a cat cackling 'One hundred meel-yon dollars...." ar, ar, arrrrrr ....

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2357876/manchester-city-boss-manuel-pellegrini-plays-down-talk-of-raheem-sterling-bid-summer-clearout
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #2338: Mar 20, 2015 04:31:05 pm
      Theo Walcott?

Yes please.

At the expense of Sterling?

No thanks.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2339: Mar 20, 2015 05:09:36 pm
      Theo Walcott?

Yes please.

At the expense of Sterling?

No thanks.

I actually think Walcott is a better right sided player than Sterling. Would love us to sign him, but I agree, not at the expense of Sterling.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #2340: Mar 20, 2015 08:50:32 pm
      It is a case of the club shelling out more sterling £££ to keep Raheem
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #2341: Mar 22, 2015 05:27:36 pm
      I actually think Walcott is a better right sided player than Sterling. Would love us to sign him, but I agree, not at the expense of Sterling.

if he wont sign then he can fvk off not worth 100.000 and over not on this season performance
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #2342: Mar 22, 2015 09:06:19 pm
      Doesn't surprise me mate, anyone who doesn't think another club would offer him a better deal than us are still living in the old first division.

He isnt worth 100k a week .. let alone 150k. If somebody wants to pay him that ... come and take him. I could not care less.

Talk of real madrid ... he would get laughed at there. Cant kick with his left foot .. right foot not much better .. only trick is knock it forward and chase after it ... crossing on both feet is dreadful. He would be lost there.

Its about quality isnt it. And there is not 1 aspect to his game that you would consider to be too drawer.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2343: Mar 22, 2015 09:37:33 pm
      Raheem no doubt has been off from last few matches but let's cut him some slack, he is not a wingback or even a left back where he ended up playing today.

Play him in the Lallana position or just off Sturridge and I'm sure he will again look a real threat up front.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2344: Mar 22, 2015 09:40:00 pm
      Needs to be central.
      When Sterling starts there the team works so much better.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #2345: Mar 23, 2015 09:08:40 am
      Invisible man yesterday .

Quick Reply