Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)

Read 373400 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Raheem Sterling Player Thread
      Reply #2415: Apr 14, 2015 07:28:41 am
      Sigh. No Baz, he's demanding the salary which one of the most touted and sought after players in Europe WILL get, whether or not we choose to pay it to him and whether he wants to play for us is another question. We've offered him the same salary as Luke Shaw gets. In footballing terms we're trying to get the maximum value for money we can (which is fair enough), whereas the player is trying to get assurances about a) whether we are likely to challenge consistently anytime soon and b) whether or not he will be offered a salary which is anywhere near equal to what he would get if he went to another potential top four team (which is fair enough too).

As an aside, I can't help thinking that we are paying a bit oif a price here for getting him to sign a deal which was too low previously (we've done the same with Coutinho). It's all very well driving a hard bargain and patting ourselves on the back as thwe wage bill tumbles, but we shouldn't be surprised when a player begins to blossom if he has a tendency to think "well f*ck you, I'm off". Coutinho is now worth far more than 70K a week, and unless we go to HIM and offer a pre-emptive rise, we shouldn't be surprised if next January he'll want away too.

So Raheem is turning down £50k a week

http://www.tsmplug.com/richlist/manchester-united-players-salaries-list/
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #2416: Apr 14, 2015 07:56:38 am
      Sterling is actually demanding a new iWatch - the most expensive one. But Brendan is saying "you don't need a phone on your arm young Raheem, you need to focus on your football" but young Raheem is saying "no dad I want an iWatch and iWill move to Manchester if you do not grant me my iWatch". I read this in the Daily Star today guys so you know it's legit. Feel free to speculate on these revelations. It makes sense and it's believable, because Raheem is being greedy and he is a greedy young child.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2417: Apr 14, 2015 12:46:19 pm
      glad he got a goal, missed a sitter but you've got to be in the right place which he was. i hope by him saying he wants a song etc he's realised him and his agent have F**ed up big time and that realisitcally he wont get the game time he does at LFC. Like Sturridge said its not about the money as he can get 100+  a week from Mancs, rentboys but wont be a starter like he is at LFC. i think he's going to be a top top player in world football but needs a new agent. he will sign in the summer for 5yrs with incentives along with hendo and skrtel.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2418: Apr 14, 2015 01:24:35 pm
      The other week I was watching a video of Balotelli in his car. He was inhaling laughing gas and having a laugh with his mates.

Nothing to see here, just the rag being shitehole again
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #2419: Apr 14, 2015 02:22:01 pm
      I dont know what to think about this guy,he is keeping me on the edge of my nerves.He should sign a new contract,he shouldnt sign it,he is better than Coutinho,he is not,he is top class player,he is mediocre...crap.That was like last night,he scored a wonderfoul goal and than he missed two great chances and that was....i mean if u allready can score three goals instead of one than just score it god damit..that was a shame,but im satsified with his overall performance.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2420: Apr 14, 2015 07:25:55 pm
      I've said what I've said about Sterling in the Contract Situation thread but there's nothing to see here apart from a filthy rag pithily trying to upset an already unstable applecart.
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #2421: Apr 15, 2015 01:17:32 am
      if he is into drugs sell him
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #2422: Apr 15, 2015 05:58:13 am

"Gaffer, I need those high wages to feed my insatiable appetite for illicit drugs.  they're not cheap, you know."
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2423: Apr 15, 2015 07:18:33 am
      To be honest, I not hugely disappointed with Sterling. What he did is wrong for sure but he still young. What I'm angry about is the contract issue.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #2424: Apr 15, 2015 07:46:37 am

Why not report the statement from the PFA deputy chairman Bobby Barnes who says ''he is only human and people make mistakes, I am sure this will be a minor blip on his path to a fantastic career''.
      He went on ''we all do things in our youth which we look back on and regret''.

Sterling's conduct has also been played down by a professor in Substance use at JM university, professor Harry Sumnall said ''I don't think his club should be particularly worried, smoking and alcohol have a much bigger impact on sport and society in general''.

This is bollox - like the ''expose'' about him using a shisha; by association a shisha pipe is linked with hash.
      The shisha has been used for centuries to smoke tobacco in the orient so in effect it is no more than a cigarette - when is it big F***ing news everytime a footballer has a ciggy?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32302797
      « Last Edit: Apr 15, 2015 08:08:28 am by stuey »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #2425: Apr 15, 2015 08:31:03 am
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2426: Apr 15, 2015 08:36:25 am

It would be difficult to believe any of the 3 options stuey, Like the rest of us they are all guessing on the Sterling outcome.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2427: Apr 15, 2015 08:43:38 am

Damn I read point 3 and thought old snake skin shoes might be leaving  :)

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #2428: Apr 15, 2015 08:45:31 am
      It would be difficult to believe any of the 3 options stuey, Like the rest of us they are all guessing on the Sterling outcome.

Is correct Billy it is all speculation but while Sterling is reluctant to put pen to paper it just invites headlines like that.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2429: Apr 15, 2015 03:46:52 pm
      i will get this back on topic,
      where will he play sunday? will BR start Sturridge with maybe a pain injection as we need to bloody win if so do you think we should just go two up top him and sturridge.

if Sturridge is benched then Sterling up top as i cant see Mario getting a game now BR really didnt want him at all. He seems to work better in the final 3rd as i think imo he's not a hard working player. What i mean by that is that he dont like the tracking back and defending part so not as a RWB which is one of the things he wants to clear up before signing new deal. He likes to run with the ball and be more of an explosive player either reacting to a lose ball or being in and around the box not pushed out wide.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2430: Apr 17, 2015 07:21:55 am

What's wrong with Drugs?  :D

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2431: Apr 17, 2015 02:32:17 pm
      a bit of shisha is nothing compared to what they got upto in the 80s 90s, as long as he does the job on the pitch. The only reason this is a problem is because he was daft enough to let someone film it and get it on social media. he's a role model and if he wants a bit of a smoke then do it at home behind closed doors. he needs to think of the rule when your on a stag doo.. which is no photos or facebook uploads and he would have been fine.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #2432: Apr 21, 2015 08:15:09 am
      why should a bunch of men be concerned about what a kid does in his spare time :P
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #2433: Apr 21, 2015 10:53:37 am
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2434: Apr 25, 2015 07:06:06 pm
      Sell him. Performance level of late awful, attitude likewise
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2435: Apr 26, 2015 12:51:09 am
      He honestly want 150K a week but he really is a 1 trick pony, knock it to the right and try with his pace to run around the defender and get the ball! Works 2 out of 10 times, then If he does get the ball in good positions, he holds onto it, hogging it till defenders get back into position. Aaarrrggghhhh did my head in last night!
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2436: Apr 27, 2015 12:21:09 pm
      has he really even showed up for the last 2months i think that break he had made him worse as it singled him out as special. why did he deserve a mid season break to avoid burnout when Coutinho, Can and others who are playing just as much now didnt. just sub him more or bench him rather then saying "on ya go lad have a holiday" cant see the rest of the team being to happy about that

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2437: Apr 27, 2015 11:31:49 pm
      He honestly want 150K a week but he really is a 1 trick pony, knock it to the right and try with his pace to run around the defender and get the ball! Works 2 out of 10 times, then If he does get the ball in good positions, he holds onto it, hogging it till defenders get back into position. Aaarrrggghhhh did my head in last night!

Not to mention that for such an attack minded player, his finishing is shocking!

Quick Reply