Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)

Read 374844 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Raheem Sterling Player Thread
      Reply #2783: Jun 13, 2015 12:01:56 pm
      Since I have started posting on this site Stuey has actively sought me out in an attempted  insult, ridicule and abuse me,simple because he dislike what I said about Rafa in one of my early posts. Now I can understand it "IF" every tread was about Benitez, but seem to be his modus operandi to all my post, so If my post infuriates him to that extent then I only suggested that he removes that source of infuriating material by not reading it     

In the end this is not a football debating site yes? The very nature of that is that someone posts thier opinion and it gets debated. If everybody post the things that they believe everyone else likes, then the debate would come to an end very quickly would it not?...

Everyone is a individual and therefor sees things from thier perspective. We all have our likes and dislikes i.e. I am a Black Man and do not in anyway shape or form support the B.M.P. but I still believe that they have a right to be heard so saying things like "if you don't like that people don't like what you write, don't write it?" would mean in your world that no one should say or write anything for fear of offending others.....

We may all support LFC but none of us view the club absolutely the same way. If we did then what would be the point of sites like this one? Debate:- That is the "raison d'être" of this site.

Take no notice fella.
      He does it all the time, especially if it's a newer member and he doesn't agree with them. You'll likely be called a WUM and a manc and lots of other puerile stuff until he finds a new target to fixate on.

Anyway, regarding your posts, I don't agree with some of them but you present a fair and reasonable argument usually.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2784: Jun 13, 2015 04:41:29 pm
      Take no notice fella.
      He does it all the time, especially if it's a newer member and he doesn't agree with them. You'll likely be called a WUM and a manc and lots of other puerile stuff until he finds a new target to fixate on.
      Yes. all of the above ;D
      Thanks... I understand now

Anyway, regarding your posts, I don't agree with some of them but you present a fair and reasonable argument usually.

I love the fact that you do not agree with some of them, Make for some interesting debates and sometimes a change in the way i view things :)
      either way it's all good
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #2785: Jun 13, 2015 04:50:44 pm
      Since I have started posting on this site Stuey has actively sought me out in an attempted  insult, ridicule and abuse me,simple because he dislike what I said about Rafa in one of my early posts. Now I can understand it "IF" every tread was about Benitez, but seem to be his modus operandi to all my post, so If my post infuriates him to that extent then I only suggested that he removes that source of infuriating material by not reading it     

In the end this is not a football debating site yes? The very nature of that is that someone posts thier opinion and it gets debated. If everybody post the things that they believe everyone else likes, then the debate would come to an end very quickly would it not?...

Everyone is a individual and therefor sees things from thier perspective. We all have our likes and dislikes i.e. I am a Black Man and do not in anyway shape or form support the B.M.P. but I still believe that they have a right to be heard so saying things like "if you don't like that people don't like what you write, don't write it?" would mean in your world that no one should say or write anything for fear of offending others.....

We may all support LFC but none of us view the club absolutely the same way. If we did then what would be the point of sites like this one? Debate:- That is the "raison d'être" of this site.

A very valid point mate.

I can't recall if I agree or disagree with most of your posts so I'll have to have a wee look back but this one post caught my eye and maybe you have something worthwhile to read in your previous stuff.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #2786: Jun 13, 2015 06:32:48 pm
      Why is this transfer talk in the player thread.  There is a thead for this in the transfer section.
      Because the rumours are about him and he's a player of ours , hence the player thread .

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #2787: Jun 13, 2015 07:05:51 pm
      or as a American might say " You have a hard on  for me

He's right, we would say that.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2788: Jun 13, 2015 07:18:57 pm
      A very valid point mate.

I can't recall if I agree or disagree with most of your posts so I'll have to have a wee look back but this one post caught my eye and maybe you have something worthwhile to read in your previous stuff.
      Thank you srslfc
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2789: Jun 13, 2015 07:24:59 pm
      He's right, we would say that.
      >:D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,108 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2790: Jun 21, 2015 12:11:40 pm
      C**t
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #2791: Jun 21, 2015 09:50:47 pm
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2792: Jun 22, 2015 12:28:55 pm
      shame that plane didnt fly near the bermudia triangle  >:D
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #2793: Jul 08, 2015 09:00:13 pm
      Little sh*t. Was on the fence before thinking he's had bad guidance, but this last insult is just over the line. Hes not even prolific and he's acting like a right diva.

In my book, if you don't turn up for work, you don't get paid.

Hope City don't bid and he can take a season in the reserves. Needs to learn some F***ing manners.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #2794: Jul 08, 2015 10:33:04 pm
      Why are we so pissed off with this bag of sh*t lads ? We've had contractual problems with him and his agent since 2012 when he was on a couple of grand a week and wanted it upped to 50k a week , the writing was on the wall . Slapping girls around and banging them up , drivin around Huyton like a gang banger getting into fights , snortin the coke , tweeting sh*t about Spurs signing a black Italian striker . Hillsborough anniversary tweeting it was the funniest day of his life , then realised what he posted up he took it down as quick . He's a F**k up and a very expensive one too . Big F***ing mouth , let him go to city and run into their brick walls .
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #2795: Jul 09, 2015 05:41:35 am
      I hope JWH says get on the plane you little sh*t and city bail on him. Chuck him in the reserves for 2 seasons so he can watch the other young lads over take him
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #2796: Jul 09, 2015 07:34:40 am
      I hope JWH says get on the plane you little sh*t and city bail on him. Chuck him in the reserves for 2 seasons so he can watch the other young lads over take him

I don't think we're in a position to pass 40-45 mill pounds.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2797: Jul 09, 2015 10:10:37 am
      Little sh*t. Was on the fence before thinking he's had bad guidance, but this last insult is just over the line. Hes not even prolific and he's acting like a right diva.

In my book, if you don't turn up for work, you don't get paid.

Hope City don't bid and he can take a season in the reserves. Needs to learn some f**king manners.

What's the latest heap of sh*t the little fecker has slung our way?
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2798: Jul 09, 2015 10:15:14 am
      Could anyone have behaved worse with the Suarez debacle?They knew full well of his intentions if the squad wasn't reinforced substantially and although promises were made nothing was honoured.If they had played hard ball Suarez could have been sold for 100m.

I don't know Stuey, I'd say we played the Suarez affair as well as we could. We played hardball when Arse insulted us and Suarez clearly wanted to go. We stuck to our guns, improved his contract and held him down for another year when he gave us the most exciting football I've seen since 1990 - even better than the 2009 season.

I don't think anyone disagreed with the 75m price tag either, that was a good deal at the time. He is probably worth more now, but given he had just come off the back of his latest biting scandal in the WC in shame, and he was going to miss the start of the season, 75m was fair. We pissed it, but that's a different story. There are a lot of things FSG do that I don't agree with but Suarez situation was handled pretty well I thought.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3951 
      Reply #2799: Jul 09, 2015 12:57:29 pm
      I don't know Stuey, I'd say we played the Suarez affair as well as we could. We played hardball when Arse insulted us and Suarez clearly wanted to go. We stuck to our guns, improved his contract and held him down for another year when he gave us the most exciting football I've seen since 1990 - even better than the 2009 season.

I don't think anyone disagreed with the 75m price tag either, that was a good deal at the time. He is probably worth more now, but given he had just come off the back of his latest biting scandal in the WC in shame, and he was going to miss the start of the season, 75m was fair. We pissed it, but that's a different story. There are a lot of things FSG do that I don't agree with but Suarez situation was handled pretty well I thought.

The piss take by Wenger got what it deserved mate - ignored.
      The £80m fee paid by RM for Bale makes a mockery of the 75m Suarez Barca price, that figure should really have been a minimum starting level.
      On the other point raised concerning Suarez being given assurances that the squad would be improved to present a CL challenge, nothing of the kind materialised, it apparently was just lip service to keep him here for one more season while his exit could be arranged satisfactorily.

Money is the priority, the only priority.
      While the commercial side of the game is a vital ingredient, it should not be allowed to totally dominate every aspect of the sport; flexibility in business is essential as the maxim ''speculate to accumulate'' suggests.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2800: Jul 09, 2015 01:58:11 pm
      The piss take by Wenger got what it deserved mate - ignored.The £80m fee paid by RM for Bale makes a mockery of the 75m Suarez Barca price, that figure should really have been a minimum starting level.On the other point raised concerning Suarez being given assurances that the squad would be improved to present a CL challenge, nothing of the kind materialised, it apparently was just lip service to keep him here for one more season while his exit could be arranged satisfactorily. Money is the priority, the only priority.While the commercial side of the game is a vital ingredient, it should not be allowed to totally dominate every aspect of the sport; flexibility in business is essential as the maxim ''speculate to accumulate'' suggests.

The 80m for Bale was the real pisstake, but I guess a player is worth what someone is willing to pay. It can't be doubted that uis' track record in missing games through bad conduct would have had a detrimental effect on what Barca paid. However, would it have made much difference if we got say 90m (which is probably what he's worth in today's market)? Hindsight is a cruel thing but we probably would have pissed that away as well.

With regards to Suarez been given assurances, if that is true, and I haven't heard an interview with Luis where he has stated this, then I will be in complete agreement with you. It is unfortunately the ugly side that has crept into the game for the past 20 years where money and business acumen drive the industry, the football comes second. No rational football fan would argue otherwise. It's abhorrent and disgusting and it is destroying society as a general, not just football. I fear the trend cannot be reversed though, it's too entrenched in all levels of society. In that sense, you could argue FSG are the better of a bad bunch. But I digress...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3951 
      Reply #2801: Jul 09, 2015 02:14:38 pm

With regards to Suarez been given assurances, if that is true, and I haven't heard an interview with Luis where he has stated this, then I will be in complete agreement with you. It is unfortunately the ugly side that has crept into the game for the past 20 years where money and business acumen drive the industry, the football comes second. No rational football fan would argue otherwise. It's abhorrent and disgusting and it is destroying society as a general, not just football. I fear the trend cannot be reversed though, it's too entrenched in all levels of society. In that sense, you could argue FSG are the better of a bad bunch. But I digress...

When Suarez first kicked off with the 'leaving of Liverpool' hints he is said to have had assurances by the manager and a meeting with JWH when he was told that the team would be substantially reinforced to present a viable CL challenge, CL football was the only showcase for Luis' skill.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #2802: Jul 09, 2015 02:18:29 pm
      What's the latest heap of sh*t the little fecker has slung our way?

Won't train with the team pretending he's sick and won't go on the tour to Asia.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #2803: Jul 09, 2015 02:21:39 pm
      For Raheems sake I hope Berahino gives him a call to explain exactly what he is doing to his career. There again depends if he is intoxicated on NO to take any of it in.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #2804: Jul 09, 2015 03:23:36 pm
      For Raheems sake I hope Berahino gives him a call to explain exactly what he is doing to his career. There again depends if he is intoxicated on NO to take any of it in.

Given Berahino's antics, i don't think he's really a role model. I want him here because there aren't so many options available, but he might be another Sterling in 2 years.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2805: Jul 09, 2015 05:40:39 pm
      Won't train with the team pretending he's sick and won't go on the tour to Asia.

Top class pr**k he is. Should have his wages docked and punished.

It does suggest him and his piece of sh*t agent are confident he has a move in place to wherever, but if we didn't need the money (and we may not), I'd be tempted to hold him down to his contract and let him rot in reserves. C**T

Quick Reply