Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Albert Riera lashes out at Rafa

Read 23146 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Re: Albert Riera lashes out at Rafa
      Reply #207: Mar 18, 2010 09:32:45 pm
      Silly Rabbit
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #208: Mar 18, 2010 10:10:54 pm
      Bet your feeling like a right bell shaft now you tool!
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #209: Mar 19, 2010 02:37:42 am
      Here's another perspective.

Smart move by him, he wants out... he got it

At this rate Rafa will accept a mars bars come knocking. Plus he got his revenge

(damn if you do, damn if you don't)

Penalise the guy, it'll be an easy exit for the rest, not penalising him means lack of discipline.

Tough on Rafa
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #210: Mar 19, 2010 02:39:40 am
      Here's another perspective.

Smart move by him, he wants out... he got it

At this rate Rafa will accept a mars bars come knocking. Plus he got his revenge

(damn if you do, damn if you don't)

Penalise the guy, it'll be an easy exit for the rest, not penalising him means lack of discipline.

Tough on Rafa

How do you feel about the fact it's not just the interview that Rafa's pissed off with but also the fact Riera is supposed to have smacked a younger reserve team player in training (supposedly Pacheco!).
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #211: Mar 19, 2010 02:52:57 am
      How do you feel about the fact it's not just the interview that Rafa's pissed off with but also the fact Riera is supposed to have smacked a younger reserve team player in training (supposedly Pacheco!).

Where did you hear/read this?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #212: Mar 19, 2010 02:59:02 am

There's piece from the echo I've just put in the other riera thread, plus one of the lads who sits with us at the game, works for the Academy sent my brother a text tonight saying he wasn't just getting fined for the outburst but also for smacking Dani.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #213: Mar 19, 2010 03:04:48 am

Eh???

I'm not saying anything, I don't even know about that.

I'm just saying a perspective, i'm not defending Rafa/Riera anyway.

Sheesh...stop being so defensive about rafa please
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #214: Mar 19, 2010 03:21:41 am
      Eh???

I'm not saying anything, I don't even know about that.

I'm just saying a perspective, i'm not defending Rafa/Riera anyway.

Sheesh...stop being so defensive about rafa please

RAFA RAFAEL,
      RAFA RAFAEL,
      RAFA RAFAEL,
      RAFAEL BENITEZ

Gave me the best night of my life in 2005 in Istanbul, so excuse me if you don't mind but I'll defend MY F***ing team and manager!
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #215: Mar 19, 2010 03:27:17 am
      RAFA RAFAEL,
      RAFA RAFAEL,
      RAFA RAFAEL,
      RAFAEL BENITEZ

Gave me the best night of my life in 2005 in Istanbul, so excuse me if you don't mind but I'll defend MY f**king team and manager!

Brilliant :D
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #216: Mar 19, 2010 03:33:34 am
      RAFA RAFAEL,
      RAFA RAFAEL,
      RAFA RAFAEL,
      RAFAEL BENITEZ

Gave me the best night of my life in 2005 in Istanbul, so excuse me if you don't mind but I'll defend MY f**king team and manager!

Great, and it's your F***ing team, your F***ing manager, and other supporter can't voice any reasons at all?

I thought you're classier than the hollier than thou sh*t considering your post rating, but seems i'm mistaken

LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #217: Mar 19, 2010 03:36:24 am
      Great, and it's your F***ing team, your f**king manager, and other supporter can't voice any reasons at all?

I thought you're classier than the hollier than thou sh*t considering your post rating, but seems I'm mistaken

Wait a minute lad...you were the one telling people to stop taking such defensive views on a manager! Not the other way around.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #218: Mar 19, 2010 03:44:54 am
      Great, and it's your F***ing team, your F***ing manager, and other supporter can't voice any reasons at all?

I thought you're classier than the hollier than thou sh*t considering your post rating, but seems i'm mistaken

I'm from Huyton, F**k-all classy about that!!

I'm just fed-up with Liverpool fans sounding like Evertonians when they start with the perputal slagging off of Benitez.

Funny how half of those slagging the man off, never go on about those two cu*ts H & G with the same hatred.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #219: Mar 19, 2010 03:56:20 am
      I'm from Huyton, f**k-all classy about that!!

I'm just fed-up with Liverpool fans sounding like Evertonians when they start with the perputal slagging off of Benitez.

Funny how half of those slagging the man off, never go on about those two cu*ts H & G with the same hatred.

That is where you got me wrong.

I did not even starting to slag him off yet.

Putting perspective doesn't mean I condone with Riera's action or Condemning Benitez in that respect
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #220: Mar 19, 2010 03:57:07 am
      Wait a minute lad...you were the one telling people to stop taking such defensive views on a manager! Not the other way around.

Oh.. I do get it wrong? Sorry, must have been my English
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #221: Mar 19, 2010 04:01:20 am

Putting perspective doesn't mean I condone with Riera's action or Condemning Benitez in that respect

What are you trying to say then? As i have no idea.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #222: Mar 19, 2010 04:07:34 am

So you're going to then?

IMO Riera is out of order for saying the things he said, because it's simply given the leeches in the press the excuse to stick the knife into the club again, and they love doing that, especially when we have a big game against those manc tw*ts on Sunday.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #223: Mar 19, 2010 04:08:19 am
      Stop the bickering and get on with Albert Riera being a F***ing idiot!

We're all Reds!
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #224: Mar 19, 2010 04:16:57 am
      So you're going to then?

IMO Riera is out of order for saying the things he said, because it's simply given the leeches in the press the excuse to stick the knife into the club again, and they love doing that, especially when we have a big game against those manc tw*ts on Sunday.

If you read my original post in pages 1 / 2, all I am saying in the first place is this:

"Riera is wrong, he is human, human makes mistakes"

It is understandable his frustration and all (if what he said is true), and understanding is different from condoning.

He chooses his time well because his intention is not getting match time, he knows he's gonna misses the WC anyway since transfer market are closed, and by the time he got a new club the WC will be as good as over. It was not a plead it was a retaliation, more of a vendetta.

Right / Wrong I repeat, I do not say who is right / wrong, just another perspective.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #225: Mar 19, 2010 04:18:54 am
      Yeah this is the slag Riera thread!

Albert you square jawed F**k stain, good riddence! ;D
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #226: Mar 19, 2010 06:54:26 am
      No, it didn't.

Just wasn't necessary.

No trust me sunshine you did miss my point.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #227: Mar 19, 2010 07:16:24 am
       What are some of you posters trying to do with these personal insults,bring the forum down to the level of the gutter.This topic is about Riera not about insults to fellow REDS.I guarantee if the mods deleted posts that bear no relevance to the thread half of the posts would disappear.If a team is going through a bad patch surely it needs our support more than if it was riding on the crest of the wave.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #228: Mar 19, 2010 10:27:49 am
      Riera eager to resolve row
      But winger still believes Benitez snub is personal

Last updated: 19th March 2010   

Riera: Wants Benitez talks

I am not interested in making Rafa my enemy in the slightest, quite the opposite, but ultimately it is about playing, and if I am not, we have to talk about why not.
      Albert Riera.

Albert Riera is determined to hold talks with Rafa Benitez in a bid to resolve his Liverpool future, but remains convinced the Reds boss has 'something personal' against him.

Riera launched a stinging attack on the Anfield boss on the eve of their Europa League last-16 showdown with Lille after becoming frustrated at his lack of first-team action on Merseyside.

Benitez responded by axing the winger form his squad for the 3-0 victory which saw the Reds book their place in the quarter-finals with a 3-1 aggregate success, with Riera ordered to stay away from the club until Monday.

He will not be involved in Liverpool's crucial clash with Manchester United at Old Trafford on Sunday as the Reds battle to ensure they will be playing UEFA Champions League football again next season.

The 27-year-old, an £8million signing from Espanyol in 2008, claims he is not looking to make an enemy of his compatriot, but simply wants an explanation as to why he is not being selected.

Riera is desperate for first-team action in a bid to secure a place in Spain's World Cup squad, but it is highly likely that his badly-timed outburst will not endear him to the Liverpool boss.

Personal

"I do not want to make trouble with the manager," Riera told Spain's Cadena Ser radio station.

"I am not interested in making Rafa my enemy in the slightest, quite the opposite, but ultimately it is about playing, and if I am not, we have to talk about why not.

"We have not had any talk about why it is.

"I played all of last year, and sometimes if I did not play so well in one game, I would still play the next week. But this season I have not played at all.

"When that starts happening, you have to assume it is something personal, rather than professional.

"I believe in these situations it is better to talk about it and try to fix it, or at least make sure everyone knows where they stand. I have no problem talking to people."

Small chance
      He added: "I am delighted to play for Liverpool and if I was playing, I would love to stay, because it is a brilliant place to play football.

"But if I am not playing I have no chance of going to the World Cup, so I am trying to solve the problem so I at least have a small chance."

Benitez will be keen to draw a line under the matter on Monday, with a fine the very least Riera can expect, although the Reds boss was remaining tight-lipped over the controversy after Thursday night's win over Lille.

"The timing was not the best for the team and we will deal with this internally," was all he would say on the matter.

Then you should have sat down with Rafa rather than having two moans to the media and laying into a youth player
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #229: Mar 19, 2010 10:36:55 am
      Bye Bye Albert.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Quick Reply