Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Danny Wilson (Liverpool -> Hearts)

Read 55363 times
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Danny Wilson (Liverpool -> Hearts)
      Apr 03, 2010 03:15:56 am
      Rangers look to hold onto Wilson

Wilson, 18, was expected to sign a new contract with the Scottish champions this week, but boss Walter Smith revealed on Friday that discussions remain ongoing between his representatives and chief executive Martin Bain.

The centre-back has a year to run on his current deal after this season and Rangers are keen to secure him on a longer contract.

Bain told the club's official website: "Danny has been exceptional for us and where I'm at with those negotiations is that we have made him an offer - we've had many discussions - and there is a schedule that sits with his agent at the moment.

"Two English Premiership clubs approached us in January and since then I have had the odd discussion and we have seen people coming along to watch our players and you can see who they are coming along to watch.

"I can confirm that Liverpool have expressed an interest but a lot of clubs are keeping abreast of Danny's situation.

"Danny is a young boy and has done exceptionally well but I'm sure Walter would say he has a lot to learn and I would like to see him commit himself to Rangers and go on to become the Rangers player he can be.

"Sometimes in life you have to play the long ball and I hope this comes to fruition."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=765264&sec=scotland&cc=4716

Who's this lad? ???
      « Last Edit: Jul 22, 2015 09:41:33 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Danny Wilson (Liverpool -> Hearts)
      Reply #1: Apr 03, 2010 03:55:59 am
      We have Ayala.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #2: Apr 03, 2010 09:25:29 am
      He went to school with a friend of mine.

He is pretty good, he got sent off in the recent CIS Insurance Cup final (he was the 2nd red card) but all in all he has done well. He played away at Sevilla im pretty sure and maybe at Unirea in the CL this season. I would say he has a decent future ahead of him from what i've seen and most my Hun mates seem to rate him highly (but they rate Kenny Miller highly as well!) and think he should stay a few more years to get experience.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #3: Apr 03, 2010 09:32:05 am

If this part is true - "I can confirm that Liverpool have expressed an interest" - it would seem that Rafa doesn't give two fucks that "we have Ayala".
      « Last Edit: Apr 03, 2010 12:10:41 pm by bad boy bubby »
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #4: Apr 03, 2010 09:49:38 am
      With Carra and Sotis running out of time, the more cover we get the better.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #5: Apr 03, 2010 10:41:09 am
      Happy to see Rafa turning his head to british players.
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #6: Apr 03, 2010 11:14:32 am
      This young lad is an outstanding young player. He is 18 and has been a stand out in the SPL. I know the standard in Scotland is sh*te but he can only play against the oppo in front of him and he has breezed through it for the most part. For my money from what ive seen he is far better than the young reserve players we have already, this boy has a real chance to have a big future.

and most my Hun mates seem to rate him highly (but they rate Kenny Miller highly as well!) and think he should stay a few more years to get experience.

Steady on lad!!!!
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #7: Apr 03, 2010 11:28:41 am
      Seems we are starting to invest in youth players and build our academy.

Raheem Sterling is 15 and this lad is 18, building for the future here
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 981 posts | 14 
      Reply #8: Apr 03, 2010 11:34:29 am
      As a regular watcher of the Scottish League I can only confirm that this boy is quality. Yes, he didn't really get to defend against top strikers; and he still has things to learn; but I can see him replacing Carragher in future.

I also remember him scoring a fantastic header against Hearts last week, 4mins after the game began.
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 981 posts | 14 
      Reply #9: Apr 03, 2010 11:38:42 am
      Sorry for double post, but here's the link: Danny Wilson (4 Mins) Vs Hearts (27.03.10) (1080p)
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #10: Apr 03, 2010 12:06:53 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #11: Apr 03, 2010 12:12:19 pm
      would be Nice to see scottish players in the team,bit of a tradition of past,we had great scottish players and not to mention shankly.
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #12: Apr 03, 2010 03:17:42 pm
      As a regular watcher of the Scottish League I can only confirm that this boy is quality. Yes, he didn't really get to defend against top strikers; and he still has things to learn; but I can see him replacing Carragher in future.

I also remember him scoring a fantastic header against Hearts last week, 4mins after the game began.

Thanks for that Alicus, I was trying to forget that game.........although first half the Ramjets defence struggled a bit but it became very comfortable 2nd half.

He appears to be very assured for one so young. Has played in Champions League and done well. I think he will be an excellent defender and would easily cope with any pressure. I would be happy if this were to occur.
      redcraig
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts | 14 
      Reply #13: Apr 03, 2010 03:39:32 pm
      The lad is an outstanding prospect. Both he and James Mcarthy are 2 of the best young players to come out of scotland in a long long time and we already missed out on the first one. Rangers are in financial meltdown at the moment, worse than us, so a deal is there to be made. And the thought of a tall classy scotsman playing in the heart of our defence again fills me with joy. And i am talking about hansen not gillespie!
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #14: Apr 03, 2010 04:26:01 pm
      He's a left footer so deputy for Agger or a potential convert to left back perhaps?
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #15: Apr 03, 2010 04:30:05 pm
      I say get him and loan him back so he can play more...
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #16: Apr 03, 2010 04:31:18 pm
      I say get him and loan him back so he can play more...

I'd agree
      Rangers are in big financial trouble atm so an offer ~ 3M would get him
      (Sunderland are 2 up against Tottenham btw!!)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #17: Apr 05, 2010 04:33:15 pm
      Another youngster we are being linked with.  From BBC sports.

Wilson has become a regular at the heart of Rangers' defence at 18.

Liverpool have stepped up their interest in signing Rangers' young defender, Danny Wilson.

The English Premier League side have followed up their initial enquiry, with the 18-year-old yet to sign the new contract on offer to him at Ibrox.

Tottenham Hotspur have a long-standing interest in the player, while both Manchester City and Aston Villa are keeping an eye on his situation.

But Liverpool's interest has been most keenly expressed so far.

And, with just over a year left on Wilson's contract, Rangers may soon have a big decision to make.

It would take somewhere in the region of £3m plus add-ons linked to future appearances or transfers to prise the player away this summer.

However, if he stays until the end of his contract, Rangers could expect to get only about £500,000 in compensation.

Rangers remain hopeful, though, that Wilson will sign the contract they have offered.

The day after the defender scored his first goal for Rangers, in a 4-1 win over Hearts on 27 March, manager Walter Smith said he expected Wilson to follow the example of fellow teenager John Fleck by signing a contract extension in the following days.

However, that did not come to fruition and chief executive Martin Bain last week admitted that the two sides had yet to reach agreement and that Liverpool had made an enquiry.

Wilson has become a first-team regular at Ibrox this season and has made 24 appearances for the Scottish Premier League leaders.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #18: Apr 05, 2010 08:10:01 pm
      im a rangers fan and hes a good player . cool and calm defender with pace.
      the next hansen maybe :)
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #19: Apr 06, 2010 04:04:59 pm
      He went to school with a friend of mine.

He is pretty good, he got sent off in the recent CIS Insurance Cup final (he was the 2nd red card) but all in all he has done well. He played away at Sevilla im pretty sure and maybe at Unirea in the CL this season. I would say he has a decent future ahead of him from what i've seen and most my Hun mates seem to rate him highly (but they rate Kenny Miller highly as well!) and think he should stay a few more years to get experience.

Who is your mates cos i went to school with the lad also. St Margarets Academy in Livingston. He is a quality player and will serve Scotland well in the future. Id pay the fee and loan him back to Rangers or a championship team.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #20: Apr 20, 2010 04:44:02 pm
      3 million though? It seems a bit high. 1.5 million would be a better deal imo.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #21: Apr 20, 2010 06:58:18 pm
      Enough good young centre halves here. Keep the 3 million
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #22: Apr 20, 2010 07:26:32 pm
      Carra running out of time Soto well since he came through the door at Anfield he has done nothen wrong i really like soto and hope we get to see more of him in the future

Quick Reply