Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Lucas Leiva (Liverpool > S.S. Lazio)

Read 1109335 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: Lucas Leiva Player Thread
      Reply #11500: Mar 17, 2015 10:06:07 pm
      Great to see him back in training.

I wonder, Joe Allen is playing pretty well at the minute; does Lucas come straight back in? (I never imagined saying that before)

I would say no Lucas doesn't come back in, actually. As long as Allen is in form, there's no reason to drop him other than injury/fatigue or if he has a mare and deserves dropping.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #11501: Mar 17, 2015 10:18:47 pm
      Would have been the ideal man to stop the microphone on Sunday.

He has been vital to the Mancs of late and a lot of their sh*t play goes through him.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #11502: Mar 18, 2015 12:23:47 am
      Would have been the ideal man to stop the microphone on Sunday.

He has been vital to the Mancs of late and a lot of their sh*t play goes through him.

I hope Hendo and Allen tear that f**king lampshade a new arsehole on Sunday!

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #11503: Mar 18, 2015 02:16:38 am
      Lucas obviously doesn't come straight back in. BR has wanted Allen to take that position and make it his own since season start, that's why he got an extended run in that position. Lucas was backup that we ended up sorely needing. Fortunately, Allen is (again) growing into his role and now only time and fitness will tell if he can excel.

Lucas and Gerrard have lost their positions and will never get them back, obviously Gerrard is leaving but Lucas wont be considered a starter again. We'll be fortunate to keep him around though.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #11504: Mar 19, 2015 12:01:26 pm
      good solid option to have back in the team, he will probably get a run out v Blackburn
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #11505: Mar 22, 2015 07:32:43 pm
      I really do think he needs to be thrown back into the team. I believe he'll make a significant difference and is still our best player in this system. Without him, we have struggled with our possession football, struggled to control games (even vs weaker teams) and we're a lesser team without him in my opinion.

Look at that piece of sh*t Carrick, their form is mainly down to him. The game today, you see how dominate he was in terms of positioning, composure and passing. He does exactly what Lucas does and is the reason why their form is so good. Lucas is far from finished and we need him back, not just for this season, but for many.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #11506: Mar 23, 2015 09:51:12 am
      Bring him back in drop allen
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #11507: Mar 23, 2015 10:51:26 am
      Was badly missed yesterday to add his calm and dare I say it a bit of steel into the midfield. Hendo and Allen were like little boys yesterday in that first half.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #11508: Mar 23, 2015 05:04:57 pm
      Was definitely missed but he is gonna need a few games to get back in form so we couldn't really afford to throw him on yesterday.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #11509: Mar 24, 2015 01:08:22 pm
      best be back for Arsenal
      Fuzzy
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #11510: Mar 24, 2015 11:30:33 pm
      Badly need him back, been missed definitely.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #11511: Mar 26, 2015 02:17:33 pm
      Good to hear that Lucas is tutoring the U21 players during international break!

Just read that it wasn't just Lucas, but several first team players helping out! :)
      « Last Edit: Mar 26, 2015 02:55:14 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #11512: Mar 28, 2015 08:28:21 am
      We miss him, as good as Allen can be sometimes he can never properly replace Lucas. When he plays the ball moves better and we defend better. We need a DM to compete wth him next season. Allen is not a proper DM IMO
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11513: Apr 14, 2015 10:27:13 am
      My MotM last night, he was everywhere.  What a pity he got that last injury, it could have been so different against the mancs and the arse.  I hope we can keep hold of him in the summer, he's a fantastic Club man and for me would be a perfect Captain.  We need more like Lucas.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #11514: Apr 14, 2015 10:43:08 am
      My MotM last night, he was everywhere.  What a pity he got that last injury, it could have been so different against the mancs and the arse.  I hope we can keep hold of him in the summer, he's a fantastic Club man and for me would be a perfect Captain.  We need more like Lucas.

Class act is Lucas once fully fit and I agree a good shout for Captain.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11515: Apr 14, 2015 10:53:39 am
      Class act is Lucas once fully fit and I agree a good shout for Captain.

He's a consummate professional mate. 

Never in the news for the wrong reasons, keeps his head down and gets on with his job.  Takes the Latin speaking newbies under his wing, does loads of Community work and helps out at the Academy (which I hope means he's doing his Coaching Badges).

I think if we can keep him this summer he'll be with us till he's ready for going home.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #11516: Apr 14, 2015 11:59:27 am
      Just how good is Lucas? ran the game last night and every build up goes through him, he really is boss, should be captain. Calm on the ball, always finds space, breaks up play more times than I care to mention and nearly scored. Can,t praise him enough.

I really don't think he needs the armband to act like a captain, especially in his on field interactions with younger players or those new to the squad.
      Speke Up Redmen
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 68 posts |
      • I wear a jesters hat in the Kop like a whopper!!
      Reply #11517: Apr 14, 2015 12:36:35 pm
      He was an absolute beast last night and personally I think he's been our player of the season.

Just look at the stats of the amount of points and games won when he's played compared to when he's not played. Still would give the captains armband though to Skrtel for next season and make Lucas vice-captain as I personally think any captain of any football team should be a Centre Back.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #11518: Apr 14, 2015 12:38:13 pm
      I really don't think he needs the armband to act like a captain, especially in his on field interactions with younger players or those new to the squad.

Agree Rodders.

The lad is a captain with or without the armband.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #11519: Apr 14, 2015 01:00:24 pm
      could he be the new skipper come next season he's putting a strong case forward as we miss his leadership when he's out. Can couldnt ask for a better partner to teach him to be a top DM or even better.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #11520: Apr 19, 2015 05:28:16 pm
      No Lucas no party.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #11521: Apr 19, 2015 05:30:58 pm
      Unfortunately he's been missed massively.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11522: Apr 19, 2015 05:35:54 pm
      could he be the new skipper come next season he's putting a strong case forward as we miss his leadership when he's out. Can couldnt ask for a better partner to teach him to be a top DM or even better.

I'd make him vice and Skrtel the number one. Henderson goes missing too much in games to be an active leader. He doesn't get stuck in that much and regularly looks like he's just taking his dog for a walk half the time. Would be great if Lucas could stay fit though.

Quick Reply