Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Lucas Leiva (Liverpool > S.S. Lazio)

Read 1108308 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: Lucas Leiva Player Thread
      Reply #11546: Jun 17, 2015 12:24:13 pm
      How long has he got left on his current deal, as much as he's a fans fave do we see him playing ahead of Milner or Can? i just cant see it as there both better footballers at this stage. Lucas has been on and off the pitch with injuries last few seasons so is probably not on the highest lists of priorites for FSG to sort out a new long term deal. he's not old so has a good few years left in him yet but if the right offer came in for him now i think they would sell as he's probably got one more big move in him. BR likes Allen for some mad reason so i think he would also get in ahead of him, add to that the amount of players we have currently for midfield and if we get another in he will fall down the pecking order.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #11547: Jun 19, 2015 02:54:06 am
      Well now that we have Milner and Can, we don't have to desperately hope that Allen comes good to ease Lucas' workload. however, neither are quite a Lucas replacement in terms of what Lucas does on the pitch, Can is probably closer to the mark but obviously too young to depend on 100% yet.

Lucas, Milner, Henderson, Can - at least we can be confident the 3 chosen in to play in the centre of the park will put a shift in.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #11548: Jun 19, 2015 11:19:24 am
      The club can't make it happen. If I remember rightly Woy was trying quite hard to get rid of him but Lucas rejected any move away from the club.

Was just scrolling through the page and saw this, and I may be wrong here, but hodgson wanted to get rid and then saw Lucas in training. He subsequently gave an interview where he said (paraphrasing) "sometimes you hear a lot about a player, but then when you see them yourself you realise they are a lot better than people say", and promptly took down the big "for sale" sign that purslow had been traveling around Europe with. In other words, it appears that hodgson saw him, immediately realised the lad can play and told purslow to F**k off because he was staying.

This is completely from memory so I could be wrong, especially as hodgson initially preferred Poulsen despite his pre-season comments.
      Then again, when did hodgson ever make any sense?

Anyway, sorry to dredge up an old post, but it caught my eye and the memory jumped into me brain  :laugh:

Keep him, get firmino in, and play them with Coutinho.
      Fluidity, control, pace, vision and goals.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #11549: Jun 19, 2015 11:37:07 am
      Was just scrolling through the page and saw this, and I may be wrong here, but hodgson wanted to get rid and then saw Lucas in training. He subsequently gave an interview where he said (paraphrasing) "sometimes you hear a lot about a player, but then when you see them yourself you realise they are a lot better than people say", and promptly took down the big "for sale" sign that purslow had been traveling around Europe with. In other words, it appears that hodgson saw him, immediately realised the lad can play and told purslow to F**k off because he was staying.

This is completely from memory so I could be wrong, especially as hodgson initially preferred Poulsen despite his pre-season comments.
      Then again, when did hodgson ever make any sense?

Anyway, sorry to dredge up an old post, but it caught my eye and the memory jumped into me brain  :laugh:

Keep him, get firmino in, and play them with Coutinho.
      Fluidity, control, pace, vision and goals.

Yep remember that Swab, about the only decent decision Woy made. Purslow was trying to flog Lucas to Stoke at the time.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #11550: Jun 19, 2015 11:46:18 am
      Aye only decent thing Hodgson did.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #11551: Jun 19, 2015 11:49:48 am
      Yep remember that Swab, about the only decent decision Woy made. Purslow was trying to flog Lucas to Stoke at the time.

Didn't he travel to Italy trying to flog him as well?
      And used the clubs money to go first class all the way as well of course.

F***ing horrible c**t that bloke is/was, giving it large all over the place and playing F***ing football manager with our club.
      Then the dirty 2 faced c**t tried to pretend he was on our side the whole time and made out he was some kind of F***ing sleeper agent.
      Just thinking about that piece of sh*t makes my blood boil.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #11552: Aug 09, 2015 10:57:30 pm
      Another concern centres on Liverpool's strength in depth in midfield with Lucas left out of the squad entirely following a fall-out which presumably now promotes the prospect of a parting. He would need replacing.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/597231/Liverpool-Stoke-thrashing

Anyone heard anything of this "fall out"?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #11553: Aug 09, 2015 11:14:14 pm
      Another concern centres on Liverpool's strength in depth in midfield with Lucas left out of the squad entirely following a fall-out which presumably now promotes the prospect of a parting. He would need replacing.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/597231/Liverpool-Stoke-thrashing

Anyone heard anything of this "fall out"?

Nope not a thing, he's not the type of guy I think it's going to be easy to fall out with but I can only speculate that it's related to game time and how Brendan sees his position in the squad moving forward.

It's been my view for the longest time that Brendan doesn't see him as part of the XI and with Can dropping to the bench today and the possibility of 4-2-3-1 persisting then Lucas finding himself outside of the 18 would be a tough pill to swallow for someone at his stage of career.

Most certainly think if he's had a face-to-face with Brendan regarding this there's a good chance he's not willing to accept it. Fair enough imo and would wish him all the very best if he has to leave but as it says he would most definitely need replacing.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #11554: Aug 09, 2015 11:59:39 pm
      I have a hard time believing Lucas could ever have a fall out with anyone. 

He may be past it but he doesn't exactly strike me as the fighting type.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #11555: Aug 10, 2015 10:18:15 am
      Looks like he's on his way. Legs of a 40 year old now.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #11556: Aug 10, 2015 10:22:01 am
      First Suarez, now Lucas....

Slowly getting rid of Coutinho's mates.

This will end well.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #11557: Aug 10, 2015 10:23:55 am

This will end well.

Or perhaps it's just media bullshit for the gullible.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #11558: Aug 10, 2015 10:26:50 am
      Or perhaps it's just media bullshit for the gullible.

It was written by Paul Joyce.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #11559: Aug 10, 2015 10:33:58 am

If the so called "fallout" is because Rodgers has told Lucas he will not feature in the starting line up this season i.e. 5th choice central midfielder, then it's not exactly Rodgers fault for being up front with him. I like Lucas a lot but the reality is he is too slow to start in a team with top 4 aspirations. If we sell him and replace with a more mobile defensive midfielder we will improve the squad even further.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #11560: Aug 10, 2015 10:42:31 am

This will end well.

Firminio anyone ?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11561: Aug 10, 2015 10:43:26 am

This will end well.

He's a big boy so I'm sure Cou will cope.  It's not like Firmino or Studge can't stand the sight of him  ;)

As for Lucas I can't see him falling out with anyone, he's not childish but if he feels he needs to move on due to lack of playing time then I wish him well.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #11562: Aug 10, 2015 10:45:52 am

This will end well.

We didn't get "rid" of Suarez either gobs***e.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #11563: Aug 10, 2015 10:56:34 am
      Injuries have taken a toll on him, but he still offers something and was part of our best run of form last season.  I can see the reason for not starting him, but I'd offer him a player - coach role in a heart beat.  Intelligent player and one I believe has management potential.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #11564: Aug 10, 2015 11:03:35 am
      Injuries have taken a toll on him, but he still offers something and was part of our best run of form last season.  I can see the reason for not starting him, but I'd offer him a player - coach role in a heart beat.  Intelligent player and one I believe has management potential.

He's 28, not 38 :p  I'm sure he has quite a bit of play time before he becomes a player/coach. It was only last season where he was one of our best players when played, & was just as good as the likes of Matic & Schneiderlin. I'm sure he has enough years to play at a high level, whether it'll be for us or another.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #11565: Aug 10, 2015 11:10:04 am
      He's 28, not 38 :p  I'm sure he has quite a bit of play time before he becomes a player/coach. It was only last season where he was one of our best players when played, & was just as good as the likes of Matic & Schneiderlin. I'm sure he has enough years to play at a high level, whether it'll be for us or another.

I'm well aware of his age and I still think he offers us something, he's just not going to get many starts and I see nothing wrong with getting him on staff early.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #11566: Aug 10, 2015 11:14:20 am
      was just as good as the likes of Matic & Schneiderlin.

I don't know about that mate.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #11567: Aug 10, 2015 11:40:49 am
      I like Lucas and think he still has something yo offer but if he isn't in the managers plans then I'm behind moving him on.

I didn't think I would be and it could leave us short but one thing I have liked this summer is that players who won't featurr seem to have been told in no uncertain terms what their time is going to be, if any.

We seem to have a clear vision of what we want to do and who we are going to do it with.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,229 posts | 6355 
      Reply #11568: Aug 10, 2015 12:04:45 pm

This will end well.

Yea, because Cout probably only had two friends. I mean you could tell after he scored how practically no one celebrated with him...I be he doesn't have any friends at all the poor guy.

Quick Reply